Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How many forum members believe in Bigfoot

Grim Reaper 6

11 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I think people mistake bears for a bigfoot.

Ok, and what about the states with no bears but still have BF sightings

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Pareidolia and active imaginations. Maybe people are just flat out lying. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Even the Native Americans beleive that Bigfoot or what they call the People of the Forest are very real, and he is part of their history going back hundreds of year

Different people have different ideas about what is in the forest.  Some people, like those around the Colombia River talk about the Stick Indians sometimes; beings that were tricksters at best and evil enough to lure hunters and children to get lost.  But they don't think they are going to run into any really.   

Sometimes people talk about little people too, but within the realm of legendary tales.

Piney could give you a better picture, because I have limited contacts.   None of the people I know well talk about Bigfoot at all.

I camped once for a week with some folks, among them a young Lakota singer, not too familiar with the northwest terrain.  Every morning before we took the walk out to check on our friends, he poured his first sip of coffee on the ground as a thanks to grandmother earth and said ,"No bears.  No bears."   That was what he was most worried about meeting as we did not carry any weapons, not Bigfoot.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Carnoferox said:

The lack of any remains, fossil or modern, across an entire continent is pretty damning for the existence of Bigfoot.

I'm sure you have seen the recently unearthed remains of a previously unknown species of condor, the largest ever, with a 3.5 meter wingspan link

Up until the discovery, obviously nobody knew anything about this condor. But, that lack of knowledge never meant the bird did not exist.  It existed.

4 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I'm sure you have seen the recently unearthed remains of a previously unknown species of condor, the largest ever, with a 3.5 meter wingspan link

Up until the discovery, obviously nobody knew anything about this condor. But, that lack of knowledge never meant the bird did not exist.  It existed.

We have multiple other species of condors both living and extinct, known from physical remains for over 100 years. Where is the same lineage for Bigfoot?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Has anyone found a bigfoot's remain that was gnawed on by a bear or had it's throat ripped out by a mountain lion? 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

eot,

i get your direction but its a bit um argumentum ad ignorantiam,

we lack any Proof bf exists proof it doesnt exist is moot,

i recall krantz supporting killing one to prove its real, peter byrne argued it was a waste and what if the one killed is the last one, krantz clipped back "so what" if it goes extinct proving its real because until proven real it doesnt matter anyway, its folklore.

• Like 1

i recall many years back the now late richard greenwell was on some cheesy documentary,

they asked do you believe bigfoot is real,

his reply was very respectful well thoughtout and worded so forgive my paraphase,

he said its not about belief, belief doesnt mean anything but he felt that there was enough there to warrant scienctific study.

and there has been with countless cheesy shows and hunters, jackasses in fur suits have died trying to hoax people yet we still have zip, it really speaks volumes.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Carnoferox said:

The lack of any remains, fossil or modern, across an entire continent is pretty damning for the existence of Bigfoot.

I totally agree, I mean when you take this into consideration where did it come from.

Thanks

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I think that people are just mistaken in what they think they saw. But I would like to know which states you are talking about.

Thanks

Edited by Manwon Lender

7 hours ago, Robotic Jew said:

It doesn't have to be a hoaxer though. It could very well just be misidentification. Even avid hunters and cops can misidentify things or be prone to hyperbole.

Could have been a large rock tumbling down the incline

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Different people have different ideas about what is in the forest.  Some people, like those around the Colombia River talk about the Stick Indians sometimes; beings that were tricksters at best and evil enough to lure hunters and children to get lost.  But they don't think they are going to run into any really.   

Sometimes people talk about little people too, but within the realm of legendary tales.

Piney could give you a better picture, because I have limited contacts.   None of the people I know well talk about Bigfoot at all.

I camped once for a week with some folks, among them a young Lakota singer, not too familiar with the northwest terrain.  Every morning before we took the walk out to check on our friends, he poured his first sip of coffee on the ground as a thanks to grandmother earth and said ,"No bears.  No bears."   That was what he was most worried about meeting as we did not carry any weapons, not Bigfoot.

I lived in Washington, State for a number of years, I have also heard about the Tricksters that will lead people to the forest and get them lost. But, for some crazy reason a lot of people while I there believe in Bigfoot. However, by reading this thread people have made some great points, that are hard to disput. I have to agree with them I don't think Bigfoot could possibly exist, some one would have found biological evidence by now.

Thanks

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I totally agree, I mean when you take this into consideration where did it come from.

Thanks

It would have to be a human relative. All the other great apes have divergent big toes, while the supposed bigfoot does not. 

1 minute ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

It would have to be a human relative. All the other great apes have divergent big toes, while the supposed bigfoot does not. 

F

1 minute ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I suppose it would, but after all these years there has not been any biological evidence of its existence found. I just can't beleive it real, but who knows I suppose.

2 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

and here lies a huge irony, "if" a state could support a mythical creature "bigfoot" that has zero evidence to prove it exists then it certanly could support bears and its more likey to be a stray known and proven to exist bear than bf.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

F

I suppose it would, but after all these years there has not been any biological evidence of its existence found. I just can't beleive it real, but who knows I suppose.

i have read a few primate / anatomical type experts claim that a creature "ape" wouldnt have evolved into the claimed descriptions of bf, stating for one bi pedal isnt best for that terrain nor its size.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

F

Oh, definitely not real. No human ancestor is anywhere near the size of a supposed bigfoot.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Oh, definitely not real. No human ancestor is anywhere near the size of a supposed bigfoot.

i saw on a bf documentry Anna Nekaris discovered like 5 or 6 new chimpanzee species but i cant seem to find it on google.

so bigfoot and north american aside do you believe there are other primates left to be found and do you believe any bi pedal?

11 minutes ago, the13bats said:

i saw on a bf documentry Anna Nekaris discovered like 5 or 6 new chimpanzee species but i cant seem to find it on google.

That's because she didn't. She has, however, described several new species of lorises and galagos. Most of which weren't actually new, but were raised from sub-species to species.

11 minutes ago, the13bats said:

so bigfoot and north american aside do you believe there are other primates left to be found and do you believe any bi pedal?

There are fossil primates to be found, sure. Perhaps several undiscovered troops of chimpanzee or mountain gorillas. But there have been no primates in N. America for something like 42 million years. Bigfoot would have to be a direct ancestor of Homo sapiens, not another great ape.

ill go get the name and add a toutube link to the doc that clearly stated she discovered i believe they said 6 new species, not her loris work but chimps. i wonder why she would allow the doc to make false claims about her.

the more i see science applied the more the idea of a north american ape drops below zero for me,

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

I lived in Washington, State for a number of years, I have also heard about the Tricksters that will lead people to the forest and get them lost. But, for some crazy reason a lot of people while I there believe in Bigfoot. However, by reading this thread people have made some great points, that are hard to disput. I have to agree with them I don't think Bigfoot could possibly exist, some one would have found biological evidence by now.

Thanks

I didn't talk about my white hunter friends with trail cams and obsessions for cougars, bears, deer, and elk, not to mention a turkey thrown in once in a while.  They all seem to have multiple trail cams,  My office mate used to drive for an hour out from our small town up into the Cascades, then hike for two more to locate his cams in places he thought other people might not find.  I saw a lot of cool pictures on his downloads, including one wolf, multiple bears, deer and elk, and what almost looked like a wolverine, but never a Bigfoot.   You would be surprised at how the places city people think of as inaccessible wilderness  are hiked across and observed with cameras and hunters with binoculars spotting game.  They do it most of the year so that they will get a jump come hunting season.  The net is getting pretty tight and the parcels unexplored or uncut by a trail ever smaller.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

I didn't talk about my white hunter friends with trail cams and obsessions for cougars, bears, deer, and elk, not to mention a turkey thrown in once in a while.  They all seem to have multiple trail cams,  My office mate used to drive for an hour out from our small town up into the Cascades, then hike for two more to locate his cams in places he thought other people might not find.  I saw a lot of cool pictures on his downloads, including one wolf, multiple bears, deer and elk, and what almost looked like a wolverine, but never a Bigfoot.   You would be surprised at how the places city people think of as inaccessible wilderness  are hiked across and observed with cameras and hunters with binoculars spotting game.  They do it most of the year so that they will get a jump come hunting season.  The net is getting pretty tight and the parcels unexplored or uncut by a trail ever smaller.

I agree that most of the closer areas are becoming more and more explored. But, once you get up in the actual Cascade mountain range, there is still plenty of undisturbed territory. I was stationed at Ft. Lewis, Washington for almost 8 years in the 1990s. A bunch of fellow soldiers and myself use to do a lot of hiking, with a single goal to get up in those untouched areas. The areas we went into you had to do a lot of climbing and repelling just to get into the great wide open. Man there was a great deal of wild life out there, like you said, we came across bears, some wolves, lots of deer and Elk. We always went strapped, I use to carry a 44 Mag with a 9 inch barrel for protection, like I said if you come across bear in the wrong situation it can become very dangerous, but that never happened. One thing I can pretty much bet is that the places we were in weren't places hunters would want to go, and we almost never saw trails except those made by animals. Some of the areas up in the cascades, I think may have still been almost untouched. For the most part hunters don't want to climb and repell to get their game out, its just too much trouble.

With all that said we also never saw a Bigfoot, or any tracks from one. We use to joke about it all the time, that one of these days we would find one but jokes were the closest we ever got. But I will tell you one thing on one occasion we did hear a couple of loud screams in the middle of no where, I don't know what it was but it woke us up out a sound sleep, and it was not human. Never did figure it out, but in my opinion it was a large Bear.

Take Care.

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Take Care.

You too my friend.  You are right in your assessment.  Hunters like to go where they can pack the game out.  A lot of people still hunt and fish to replenish the larder.  My father in law was a logger and road builder for many years.  My wife grew up on game, fish, and home grown vegetables to supplement the  store bought goods.

• Like 1