Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Aleister Crowley's house set to be restored

UM-Bot

Key word "investors"  They have plans to make money off anyone Wiccan who wants to see the museum they will build.  Maybe they will have ceremonies and charge people to participate.

• Like 1

tumblr_nfpvthnCP11s8l4eao1_500.gif

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

Key word "investors"  They have plans to make money off anyone Wiccan who wants to see the museum they will build.  Maybe they will have ceremonies and charge people to participate.

Thelemite. Not wicca. Well actually anyone who's into the occult might want to visit the place.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Thelemite. Not wicca. Well actually anyone who's into the occult might want to visit the place.

Oh, I thought Wicca was based on Alister Crowley's work.  Who started Wicca?

OK.  I looked it up, someone named Gardener started it in England.  I think the U.S. people use composites and call them incorrectly by something famous.

Edited by Desertrat56
P.S.
  • Like 3

I know most of the people involved in this project, and it is NOT a money making scheme. Not at all. It is being done as a labour of love.

Edited by Indridcold3223
Mistake
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Indridcold3223 said:

I know most of the people involved in this project, and it is NOT a money making scheme. Not at all. It is being done as a labour of love.

So are you saying that they think he was a great man, and that they are believers in his teachingxs of the occult.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Indridcold3223 said:

Do you know of the names of the actual investors?  I'd love to know who they are. :)

Oops I did manage to find a list of the founder/trustees, I'd still like to know who's paying for it (apart from the board)  https://www.boleskinehouse.org/our-contributors/

What a lovely old house this will be when finished and brought back to life. 

Edited by pixiii
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

OK.  I looked it up, someone named Gardener started it in England.  I think the U.S. people use composites and call them incorrectly by something famous.

Alesiter Crowley, certainly wasn't Wiccan he claims he wasn't a Satanist. He was a man who modified his beliefs to form his own religion Thelema. 

Edited by Manwon Lender

10 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

It wasn't me... honest :o 

• Haha 2

Alas, I cannot reveal that information. It is private, and not mine to divulge.
What I can say is that, like myself, they are Thelemites, and that their intentions are good, not mere greed.
To Thelemites, Boleskine is a sort of Kibbla, a place with historical and spiritual significance, so if anything I would call the project philanthropic and "religious" in nature.

Edited by Indridcold3223
Mistake

I can think of many investments to make other than fixing up a dead satanists old home.  What a waste of money.  

18 minutes ago, cathya said:

I can think of many investments to make other than fixing up a dead satanists old home.  What a waste of money.  

He wasn't a satanist.  Why is it christians claim any belief they don't understand is "satanic",  absolutely idiotic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

He wasn't a satanist.  Why is it christians claim any belief they don't understand is "satanic",  absolutely idiotic.

He was a drug addled fool is what he was.

Uncle Fester is the most accurate portrayal of him. :yes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, cathya said:

Consider it the same as investing in restoring a church you and your group hold dear.  Since it isn't your money you don't need to worry about it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cathya said:

He wasn't a Satanist. He was a crazy drug fiend who thought he talked to aliens. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

He wasn't a Satanist. He was a crazy drug fiend who thought he talked to aliens. 

Wait, I thought that was L. Ron Hubbard.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

"Acended beings" Get it right!! :angry:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Piney said:

"Acended beings" Get it right!! :angry:

Drug fueled delusions, sir!

• Haha 1

He was also in the Mi5 and liked to drug people just to see what happens.

Edited by Impedancer

1 minute ago, Impedancer said:

He was also in the Mi5 and liked to drug people just to see what happen.

Who, Alister Crowley or Grant Morrison?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Who, Alister Crowley or Grant Morrison?

Crowley was rumored to.