Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UK ambassador insults Trump

Unusual Tournament

4 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

That is the biggest problem, the U.S. is not Run by the president any more than the UK is run by the prime minister.  They are representatives and have limited power.  Our country (the U.S.) is run by the reprobates in our congress and senate that are owned by the corporations and special intersts (BIG MONEY).  Anything you see Trump do or say is a distraction, purposeful distraction.

That is why we should have one term Congressmen and Senators.  Get big money out of politics  Elect people that will go and do a job for their constituents and go home again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

That is why we should have one term Congressmen and Senators.  Get big money out of politics  Elect people that will go and do a job for their constituents and go home again.

Or make Congressional & Senatorial, and Presidential service like Jury Duty.  

"Dear Citizen, you have been selected to qualify for Congress (or Senatorial) Duty Pool. Please report on >this date< at your local courthouse for examination for fitness."

A hundred registered voters are selected, and are examined (as jurors are) by a Judge and representatives of the three biggest political parties in the state. If selected, you serve a  2 year term. Upon completion of your civic duty, you are exempt from serving for 2 years.

For the Office of President, each state would create a "Presidential Pool", like above. The selectees would be narrowed down to 2 (or 3 if there is a strong third party in the state). Then, the states voters would vote for the State Candidate, on a 'one person, one vote' system.

This would leave 50 candidates for the Office of President. (YES, 50! The District of Columbia is a Federal District, and Puerto Rico is a protectorate)

50 candidates is a lot, so the country could be divided into regions (Like the New England, Mid-Atlantic, etc., etc.) and those regions would vote for the candidate to represent them. 

Then, there would be THE election, from all the regional candidates, one would be chosen, by the public in a 1 to 1 vote, to serve as President, with the closest runner up to serve as Vice President, both to serve a term of 6 years. Again, once their term of service has been completed, they are exempt from being called for civic duty for 6 years.

Just a rough idea...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Much ado about nothing. Diplomats are plentiful and easily replaced, should the need arise. Private communiques are exactly that--private. It's regrettable the publication of his caused an unintended fau paux.  It is amusing that a President with the diplomatic tact of a wild boar, who says any negative thing he wants about any world leader, gets so butt hurt over what's whispered about him in private.

Sometimes I wonder about him, because it seems like he's so sensitive most of the time. It makes me wonder if he throws fits.244ca59862bb2de991ea6cc46b48ce567d406e8a

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Katniss said:

Sometimes I wonder about him, because it seems like he's so sensitive most of the time. It makes me wonder if he throws fits.244ca59862bb2de991ea6cc46b48ce567d406e8a

No, he just Twitters. He pays somebody else to throw fits.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Katniss said:

I was just thinking about how easy it seems to offend Mr Trump.  It really gets ridiculous.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

I don't think the opinion of the UK ambassador hurt anyone in the U.S. except Trump and his owners and their minions.  And we don't know, maybe that was the owners' whole point, to alienate as many foreign governments as possible.

I disagree. Even though I can’t see it I think there is an ulterior motive behind the ambassador’s comment and it’s release. Friends don’t air dirty laundry in the open. Not defending Trump, just don’t buy into this ‘nothing wrong with what the UK ambassador did.’

4 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

No, he just Twitters. He pays somebody else to throw fits.

Lol. That is hilarious, but as funny as that is, it may be true for all we know.

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

I was just thinking about how easy it seems to offend Mr Trump.  It really gets ridiculous.

OMG I know. He needs something to help him keep his cool.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Yes, but...

The Ambassador ISN'T the one who leaked the story. Why should he apologize for fulfilling his duty to his nation?

Well we don’t know that and considering how the UK establishment is rallying around PM May and the ambassador to me it’s no accident. 

I look at it this way. It’s pointless to say what was said because whatever accusations were made everyone has their own opinions on Trump. As if the UK or the world was dealing with an unknown quantity and needed this “valuable” assessment from an ambassador. Especially one from the friendliest of allies. 

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

It was not a gaffe or a mistake.  It was a private communication that got leaked.

Imagine it as a reply to the British Foreign Office asking a few questions:

"The press is going crazy over the election of Donald Trump.  He has had a few stumbles with Flynn and Manafort and Sessions, will he find his way and put together a stable administration?"

"Can we count on him in a pinch, will he do what he says and stay the course or leave us hanging in the lurch if we agree to follow his lead?"

"What about this Russia thing the Democrats are on about, any basis to it or can you tell yet?"

"Wll he keep the US commitments to the Paris Aacord and the JCPOA?

"Will he support us in a unified approach to China Trade violations or try to go it alone."

"Will he back us in Brexit?"

"We need to know quickly so that we can begin to formulate our responses?"

Whatever it was it was ill intentioned. I personally think that Trump did something wrong, against British interests and payback is what this is. Otherwise claiming that insulting your best friend is normal is not normal.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Well we don’t know that and considering how the UK establishment is rallying around PM May and the ambassador to me it’s no accident. 

I look at it this way. It’s pointless to say what was said because whatever accusations were made everyone has their own opinions on Trump. As if the UK or the world was dealing with an unknown quantity and needed this “valuable” assessment from an ambassador. Especially one from the friendliest of allies. 

So, you don't think that the American Ambassador to >Name the country< DOESN"T give a candid report to his/her superiors on the state of the nation they are stationed in?

And quite frankly, as an American, I am somewhat alarmed by the current administrations cozying up to nations like North Korea, while slamming and defaming (in public!) our allies.

And when the representatives of this administration say one thing, only to be contradicted by the Chief Administer, by Tweet no less, it does make our government look weak, indecisive, and inadequate. When a national leader goes full-on ballistic, every time some one disagrees with him/her; when a national leader points to a segment of the population as "an enemy of the state"; when a national leader cannot even admit to a single mistake or misstep, and tries to circumvent the laws of the land, then  "YES", that leader, and his/her administration is unstable, at best.   

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

So, you don't think that the American Ambassador to >Name the country< DOESN"T give a candid report to his/her superiors on the state of the nation they are stationed in?

And quite frankly, as an American, I am somewhat alarmed by the current administrations cozying up to nations like North Korea, while slamming and defaming (in public!) our allies.

And when the representatives of this administration say one thing, only to be contradicted by the Chief Administer, by Tweet no less, it does make our government look weak, indecisive, and inadequate. When a national leader goes full-on ballistic, every time some one disagrees with him/her; when a national leader points to a segment of the population as "an enemy of the state"; when a national leader cannot even admit to a single mistake or misstep, and tries to circumvent the laws of the land, then  "YES", that leader, and his/her administration is unstable, at best.   

So you’re saying it’s okay? I don’t think so but then again I’m often wrong. Like you I find Trump’s choice on friends and alienating allies disturbing too. IsTrump all those things that the British ambassador says, yes. Was it something that needed to be said, no!

12 hours ago, aztek said:

oh please, every idiot  and his dog thinks they are smarter and better than trump,  

But they are.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

41 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

I disagree. Even though I can’t see it I think there is an ulterior motive behind the ambassador’s comment and it’s release. Friends don’t air dirty laundry in the open. Not defending Trump, just don’t buy into this ‘nothing wrong with what the UK ambassador did.’

I can't find real fault in the guy doing in private what millions do in public.  It's all the craze these days to villify Trump.  The villain here is the leaker.  I suspect that person either had political motives within Britain or was just an idiot trying to embarrass Trump.  Hopefully, he/she will be outed and pay the price for stupidity.

• Like 1

Just now, toast said:

But they are.

They might very well be BUT when diplomats become undiplomatic then it borders on meddling in the affairs of U.S. politics. It can’t be okay for the British to do this when they have gone outta their way to accuse Russia of the very same thing, now is it?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, toast said:

But they are.

Yeah, because everybody could easily be elected president without the full support of even one party.  What the man did was historic, no matter how many on the Left have tantrums or try to minimize it.  And it looks very likely that he'll do it again.  My, oh my... :w00t:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, and then said:

I can't find real fault in the guy doing in private what millions do in public.  It's all the craze these days to villify Trump.  The villain here is the leaker.  I suspect that person either had political motives within Britain or was just an idiot trying to embarrass Trump.  Hopefully, he/she will be outed and pay the price for stupidity.

I can find fault. It’s meddling in American politics. But then Trump should remember he encouraged this sorta behaviour with Russia when it suited him. You live by the sword...

Edited by Captain Risky
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Captain Risky said:

They might very well be BUT when diplomats become undiplomatic then it borders on meddling in the affairs of U.S. politics. It can’t be okay for the British to do this when they have gone outta their way to accuse Russia of the very same thing, now is it?

You'd think they would tread a little more carefully, especially when there are strong indications that members of the 5 eyes groups helped to try to take him down behind the scenes.  That isn't going to play well if the American public that supported him get chapter and verse of the wrongdoing.  Hell, even Brits should be upset if it's proven that the CIA regularly spies on UK citizens in exchange for MI6 returning the favor against Americans.  A nasty little in-house bit of incestuous behavior, that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Was it something that needed to be said, no!

To his superiors in the British government? YES! It was his honest appraisal to his superiors. What part of this are you not comprehending?

1 - The Ambassadors comments (ANY Ambassadors comments, from ANY nation) are NOT for public consumption.

2 - IF an ambassador gives a false report to his/her government, then they are betraying the interests of their own nation and people. And are failing to carry out the duties to which they were appointed.

Let's try this:

An American Ambassador to Iran. This public servant sends a report to his superiors stating that Iran is the "PERFECT" place for an American industry to move into, because the Iranians are "really nice people, and the government welcomes diversity and views that run counter to the nations religious outlook"

Would that "really nice endorsement" truly serve the needs of the American government and citizens?  

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Otherwise claiming that insulting your best friend is normal is not normal.

Sparky, if you were car shopping, and you looked at a Fnord Galaxie 6000, and said "this looks nice, but the fuel economy and cost of maintenance doesn't serve my needs.", is that insulting the car, it's seller, or the manufacturer?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, and then said:

I suspect that person either had political motives within Britain or was just an idiot trying to embarrass Trump.

Or maybe, just a low level government employee, trying to make a few dollars as an "inside source" to a newspaperman.

Why does everything have to be a conspiracy?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Or maybe, just a low level government employee, trying to make a few dollars as an "inside source" to a newspaperman.

Why does everything have to be a conspiracy?

Possibly, but such behavior can put career or job at risk so the motivation seems more pronounced than what a person would do for a few bucks.  Unless they weren't very bright.  Either way, it was a stupid thing to do and I hope they burn for it.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

They might very well be BUT when diplomats become undiplomatic

Ever go on a job interview? The interviewer may be very polite to you, but once you are out of the room, he/she may very well tell their Boss, "Nah, this guy isn't right for the job, because X, Y, Z." 

OR, the interviewer can tell his/her boss "Yeah, Captain Risky has no experience in our field, hasn't held a job for more than a month, and has a record of embezzlement, but he dresses well, so we should hire him."

Which interviewer is doing a service, and which is doing a disservice to their employer?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, and then said:

Possibly, but such behavior can put career or job at risk so the motivation seems more pronounced than what a person would do for a few bucks.  Unless they weren't very bright.  Either way, it was a stupid thing to do and I hope they burn for it.  

ROFL!

Never underestimate the power of stupidity!

• Like 2