Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UK ambassador insults Trump

Unusual Tournament

All in all, was it all spoken in honest and truthful, in the end

~

5 minutes ago, third_eye said:

All in all, was it all spoken in honest and truthful, in the end

~

I'm sure that it was.  But that isn't the real issue, is it?  He did nothing wrong but the leaker did.  My guess is it was just another NNs trying to harass the Orange man and it went sideways on him.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, and then said:

I'm sure that it was.  But that isn't the real issue, is it?  He did nothing wrong but the leaker did.  My guess is it was just another NNs trying to harass the Orange man and it went sideways on him.  

Because harassing the US President would benefit a UK citizen... how?

Edited by Jodie.Lynne
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Sparky, if you were car shopping, and you looked at a Fnord Galaxie 6000, and said "this looks nice, but the fuel economy and cost of maintenance doesn't serve my needs.", is that insulting the car, it's seller, or the manufacturer?

LOL, insulting only if you say moron that chitbox you’re trying to sell sucks. Go $&@)(?$&...

3 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Or make Congressional & Senatorial, and Presidential service like Jury Duty.  

"Dear Citizen, you have been selected to qualify for Congress (or Senatorial) Duty Pool. Please report on >this date< at your local courthouse for examination for fitness."

A hundred registered voters are selected, and are examined (as jurors are) by a Judge and representatives of the three biggest political parties in the state. If selected, you serve a  2 year term. Upon completion of your civic duty, you are exempt from serving for 2 years.

For the Office of President, each state would create a "Presidential Pool", like above. The selectees would be narrowed down to 2 (or 3 if there is a strong third party in the state). Then, the states voters would vote for the State Candidate, on a 'one person, one vote' system.

This would leave 50 candidates for the Office of President. (YES, 50! The District of Columbia is a Federal District, and Puerto Rico is a protectorate)

50 candidates is a lot, so the country could be divided into regions (Like the New England, Mid-Atlantic, etc., etc.) and those regions would vote for the candidate to represent them. 

Then, there would be THE election, from all the regional candidates, one would be chosen, by the public in a 1 to 1 vote, to serve as President, with the closest runner up to serve as Vice President, both to serve a term of 6 years. Again, once their term of service has been completed, they are exempt from being called for civic duty for 6 years.

Just a rough idea...

Turn it into the next reality TV show...

American Idle

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Ever go on a job interview? The interviewer may be very polite to you, but once you are out of the room, he/she may very well tell their Boss, "Nah, this guy isn't right for the job, because X, Y, Z." 

OR, the interviewer can tell his/her boss "Yeah, Captain Risky has no experience in our field, hasn't held a job for more than a month, and has a record of embezzlement, but he dresses well, so we should hire him."

Which interviewer is doing a service, and which is doing a disservice to their employer?

Look I respect your opinion but the example you use to illustrate it isn’t really relevant. I expect more from my mates and I’m sure Trump does to. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Look I respect your opinion but the example you use to illustrate it isn’t really relevant. I expect more from my mates and I’m sure Trump does to. 

You expect your friends to be less than frank with you?

6 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

That is why we should have one term Congressmen and Senators.  Get big money out of politics  Elect people that will go and do a job for their constituents and go home again.

Just have a limit in funding and you'll get a similar result.

Having term limits or randomly allocating politicians isn't a good idea. As much as people hate politicians, it is a specialty job and they do need to gain experience to be able to effectively work to properly created laws and policies. 

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

I can find fault. It’s meddling in American politics. 

How do you feel about America meddling in other country's politics?  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

You expect your friends to be less than frank with you?

Depends? But that’s not what we’re talking about. 

27 minutes ago, pixiii said:

Not a good thing. I guess this shows that America isn’t the only country that does it. Russia, China are understandable. But a friend? Well not so. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Not a good thing. I guess this shows that America isn’t the only country that does it. Russia, China are understandable. But a friend? Well not so. 

I'd have to include Australia in that list too.  Although, we'd never catch any of these countries admitting to it of course! :lol: 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Because harassing the US President would benefit a UK citizen... how?

I have no idea why they engage in the stupidity.  It's obvious that people in Britain and elsewhere in Europe are just as wound up in hatred against the man as Americans are.  You'd have to ask them what their logic is.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, pixiii said:

About the same as they feel when meddling in ours.  It's just what countries do.  It's all about self-interest.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

They might very well be BUT when diplomats become undiplomatic then it borders on meddling in the affairs of U.S. politics.

In principle, you are right but the known and established diplomatic behavior has been suspended by the current US government by the election of #45. Meddling in the affairs of foreign politics is a key part of the modus operandi of #45 and his submissive Rottweilers, so he should shut up when its about diplomacy in general.

Edited by toast
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, toast said:

In principle, you are right but the known and established diplomatic behavior has been suspended by the current US government by the election of #45. Meddling in the affairs of foreign politics is a key part of the modus operandi of #45 and his submissive Rottweilers, so he should shut up when its about diplomacy in general.

Yes i have already stated that Trump should be the last to complain. Still it would be interesting to know what exactly brought this on. I thought Britain and America were inseparable.  

• Like 2

While the British Diplomats comments on the US administration were his truthful opinion, which are expected to be reported to his Government, it was never his nor the UK's design that these or any other diplomats views would become public. I wonder what the UK diplomats say about Putin in private?

The problem here was initially the leak, which was conducted for reasons internal to the UK politics, and which must be investigated. The problem was compounded by Trump himself, a twit about the Diplomat was probably to be expected, given what we know about the sensitivities and tendency to react of Trump. What was unacceptable, was for Trump to go further and attack the British Minister, no matter how foolish and stubborn she may be.

How would the great American supporters of Trump feel if the UK Prime Minister let her personal views on Trump become known, or if she was to attack him as probably the author of the recession heading to a place near you this year?

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 1

So have the tories grovellingly apologised yet and assured the Great Power that the ambassador responsible has now been shot? Because, after all, they need the Bolton administration to be their bestest friend in the world in the post-brexit world aren't they, having gone out of their way to tell the Foreigners just what they think of them. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

While the British Diplomats comments on the US administration were his truthful opinion, which are expected to be reported to his Government, it was never his nor the UK's design that these or any other diplomats views would become public. I wonder what the UK diplomats say about Putin in private?

The problem here was initially the leak, which was conducted for reasons internal to the UK politics, and which must be investigated. The problem was compounded by Trump himself, a twit about the Diplomat was probably to be expected, given what we know about the sensitivities and tendency to react of Trump. What was unacceptable, was for Trump to go further and attack the British Minister, no matter how foolish and stubborn she may be.

How would the great American supporters of Trump feel if the UK Prime Minister let her personal views on Trump become known, or if she was to attack him as probably the author of the recession heading to a place near you this year?

...you're assuming that the British ambassador knew Trump intimately enough to make that assessment. He did not. This was purely his personal opinion based on second and third hand accounts. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

I wonder what the UK diplomats say about Putin in private?

well, the next Prime Minister has already declared him to be the New Hitler(TM)

Just now, Captain Risky said:

...you're assuming that the British ambassador knew Trump intimately enough to make that assessment. He did not. This was purely his personal opinion based on second and third hand accounts. 

had he actually had personal dealings with the most powerful man in the world? And having met John Bolton, had he met Donald Trump? 

1 minute ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

had he actually had personal dealings with the most powerful man in the world? And having met John Bolton, had he met Donald Trump? 

Well according to the news he had met the President several times and had been the host and a guest at numerous administration events.  Sheesh, he gave his best opinion. It was his job.  

• Like 4

7 hours ago, and then said:

sorry, I'm getting confused by the jargon. What's an NN?