Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UK ambassador insults Trump

Unusual Tournament

@Jodie.Lynne Considering the importance of the U.K. and U.S. relationship there should have been damage control of the highest order. Regret and Ambassador Dornoch throwing himself under the bus before the UK even had a chance too. This did not happen. Why?

Edited by Captain Risky

2 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

@Jodie.Lynne Considering the importance of the U.K. and U.S. relationship there should have been damage control of the highest order. Regret and Ambassador Dornoch throwing himself under the bus before the UK even had a chance too. This did not happen. Why?

Because an honest report in a private diplomatic communique isn’t grounds for “falling on one’s sword” even if leaked?

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

I mean, I could understand if MI-6 sent 007 into the US to assassinate members of government,

Somehow I think I could understand that too. Almost..

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Considering the importance of the U.K. and U.S. relationship there should have been damage control of the highest order. Regret and Ambassador Dornoch throwing himself under the bus before the UK even had a chance too. This did not happen. Why?

Easy enough, the Queen could give him a peerage, and make  Ivanka and Jared, Knights.   Eric and Don Jr. could be squires. That would fix a multitude of sins and probably get the British the SWEETIST  trade deal imaginable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

This did not happen. Why?

My guess is it was for the same reason Acosta bailed out.  Just more expedient than dealing with the pseudo-events that the media create and push.  He was probably a good team player and decided to remove the thorn in his bosses sides.

• Like 1

https://www.foxnews.com/us/colorado-protestors-rip-down-american-flag-at-ice-facility-raise-mexico-flag-vandalize-blue-lives-matter-flag 

On another front with the pseudo-events: too bad some outraged citizens weren't around to temper their joy a bit.  

5 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Somehow I think I could understand that too. Almost..

It almost happened in the short story For Your Eyes Only. The target was a former member of the Gestapo.

10 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

The Metro Police Assistant Commissioner has given version of the President and The Press. The press shouldn't have published the cables.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-48971791

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

New leaks.

Donald Trump abandoned the Iran nuclear deal to spite Barack Obama, according to a leaked memo written by the UK's former ambassador in the US.

Sir Kim Darroch described the move as an act of "diplomatic vandalism", according to the Mail on Sunday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48978484

• Like 2

An update on the former Ambassador who was just "doing his job" no animosity there, just the truth - 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/uk-ambassador-memos-trump-iran-obama  

Quite the nasty little mongrel then, isn't he?  

4 minutes ago, and then said:

An update on the former Ambassador who was just "doing his job" no animosity there, just the truth - 

Why did you chose Fox News to add a link from, I thought they support the White House?

6 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Why did you chose Fox News to add a link from, I thought they support the White House?

Would it mean more from another source?  Or do you question its provenance altogether?

https://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3763983/posts

https://news.immitate.com/2019/07/14/uk-ambassador-vouched-for-legit-dossier-author-said-trump-killed-iran-deal-to-spite-obama-leaks-show-fox-news/ 

https://www.************/news/9504130/us-ambassador-kim-darroch-backed-spy-who-wrote-dossier-of-lurid-sex-claims-about-trump/ 

Mind you, Steele himself disavowed KNOWING that his writing was accurate and proven reliable.  He HAD to in court in the UK.

Not sure why the "sun" got edited.

Edited by and then

11 minutes ago, and then said:

Would it mean more from another source?  Or do you question its provenance altogether?

https://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3763983/posts

https://news.immitate.com/2019/07/14/uk-ambassador-vouched-for-legit-dossier-author-said-trump-killed-iran-deal-to-spite-obama-leaks-show-fox-news/ 

https://www.************/news/9504130/us-ambassador-kim-darroch-backed-spy-who-wrote-dossier-of-lurid-sex-claims-about-trump/ 

Mind you, Steele himself disavowed KNOWING that his writing was accurate and proven reliable.  He HAD to in court in the UK.

Not sure why the "sun" got edited.

No, I just thought you didn't like President Trump, and he has Fox News in his pocket.

4 hours ago, and then said:

Do you not see the pattern here cult member?

Why is he a "nasty little mongrel" for reporting to his home nation what the entire world already knew to be true?

Oh right because he dares speak negatively about the dear leader. Ya'll are scarily broken.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, and then said:

Once again, private diplomatic communiques are leaked. Here’s the thing though, the private opinion of the ambassador to his superiors is that Trump was being petty and that the dossier was legit. Wow, he was wrong about the legitimacy of a dossier. That’s a “whoops! Glad we had nothing to say publicly on that” moment for the ambassador, at most it could be used as grounds to hold off on his next pay rise or promotion and then solely because he misread the situation.

unless of course, he was privy to certain other facts? That the dossier isn’t a mess of falsehoods and innuendoes. 

• Like 2

On 7/15/2019 at 2:34 AM, Manwon Lender said:

No, I just thought you didn't like President Trump, and he has Fox News in his pocket.

Not true...tired of this too. They criticise when they should and praise when they should.  Unfortunately the left can't handle hearing good that may happen and run screaming from anything that smacks of the positive. Just watched Tim Ryan (D) criticizing Trump on Fox. No biggie, happens all the time. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, skliss said:

Not true...tired of this too. They criticise when they should and praise when they should.  

According to a Trump supporter. I argue the same is true of CNN

6 hours ago, skliss said:

Unfortunately the left can't handle hearing good that may happen and run screaming from anything that smacks of the positive.

The reality is there is just way way way more negative than positive. CNN, NBC, CBS they all report the positive, it's just a matter of math, there are many many more negative stories being created by the white house than positive ones.

The Making of the Fox News White House Fox News has always been partisan. But has it become propaganda?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

The reality is there is just way way way more negative than positive. CNN, NBC, CBS they all report the positive, it's just a matter of math, there are many many more negative stories being created by the white house than positive ones.

The Making of the Fox News White House Fox News has always been partisan. But has it become propaganda?

No they don't.  My dad watched CNN constantly because he hates Trump and watching CNN gave him justification.  They are all biased and corrupt and report everything skewed to their bias whether it is negative or positive.  I rarely see anything positive on any of the network news stations, except maybe the cooking shows or travel/cooking shows on CNN, like Anthony Bordain's show.

• Like 2

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

No they don't. 

Yeah they do, even if begrudgingly at times. Or did anyways its been a couple weeks since i actually watched.

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

.  I rarely see anything positive on any of the network news stations, except maybe the cooking shows or travel/cooking shows on CNN, like Anthony Bordain's show.

Ive been pounding the survival shows lately: Naked and Afraid, Dual Survival, Alone etc. for largely the same reasons.

I cant watch Bourdains show anymore, suicide p***es me off, but I am looking forward to Ramsey's new travel show on Nat Geo Channel

Just now, Farmer77 said:

Yeah they do, even if begrudgingly at times. Or did anyways its been a couple weeks since i actually watched.

Ive been pounding the survival shows lately: Naked and Afraid, Dual Survival, Alone etc. for largely the same reasons.

I cant watch Bourdains show anymore, suicide p***es me off, but I am looking forward to Ramsey's new travel show on Nat Geo Channel

I loved Bourdain and am sad because he went the same way my brother did.  If you don't know someone like that I suppose it could p*** you off. 

I did watch Naked and Afraid (binge watched one day).  It is like watching a train wreck.  My favorite was duct tape woman.  She was the smartest of them all.  Then the memorable ones after that were the woman who would not drink water until she held it under her magnifying glass for 10 minutes but she was so dehydrated she kept passing out and the ass who yelled at the woman, who had more experience than he did, for 3 days then had a heart attack and was dependent on her to get the camera crew to call the medics.  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

I watch cnn...haven't seen a positive thing in 2 plus years.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, skliss said:

I watch cnn...haven't seen a positive thing in 2 plus years.

IDK in 2017 a study was done on his first 100 days that showed 93% negative coverage and I would say that seems about right up to today , and appropriate for an administration that told us they were going to lie to us so we better get used to it on day 1 (remember alternative facts?).

Byron York: Harvard study: CNN, NBC Trump coverage 93 percent negative

Edited by Farmer77

20 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

IDK in 2017 a study was done on his first 100 days that showed 93% negative coverage and I would say that seems about right up to today , and appropriate for an administration that told us they were going to lie to us so we better get used to it on day 1 (remember alternative facts?).

Byron York: Harvard study: CNN, NBC Trump coverage 93 percent negative

First, I'd like to see the quote where they said they were going to lie to us "so get used to it".  And it's what we are talking about in the other thread....people take a situation and pull out of it what they want and ignore the rest and other people take the rest and ignore the first. Puts a completely different interpretation on the very same occurrence. Therefore, alternate facts. Or as I say CNN does all the time, lieing by omission.