Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman swallowed coin, lost voice for 12 years

UM-Bot

If this sort of thing could happen then why not more often?

1 hour ago, Babe bambino said:

This sounds so american

Heh, you might think it sounds American... but it's Australian.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Babe bambino said:

This sounds so american

you are showing your hate.  

1959 threepence.

is not an american coin,  it did not happen in USA, 

• Haha 1

At no point did a doctor think to x-ray her throat? Especially after it didn't clear up with antibiotics or time, as bronchitis/laryngitis will do... That's the truly scary thing, here. 

Edited by Seti42
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Seti42 said:

At no point did a doctor think to x-ray her throat? Especially after it didn't clear up with antibiotics or time, as bronchitis/laryngitis will do... That's the truly scary thing, here. 

There's certainly more to unpack here. I'd love to be a fly on the wall during this year's Christmas dinner. "So mom, ..."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Babe bambino said:

Im not im just saying this sounds like it came out of florida hehehe. 

Oh goodness, Wollogong in Australia might be something akin to Florida or not.. I don't know personally, never having been to either Florida or Australia.

Have you been to compare? Please do share if so.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No hehe i say this because whenever you here bizzare or crazy news stories its usually from Florida that being said im british so i havent been to either places but i would love to go to Australia. Are you from there?

If you want to come to Australia from Britain go steal an apple or something.  The chains are a bit uncomfortable but you get the trip for free.

• Haha 3

i would love to go to Australia

We'd love to have you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Babe bambino said:

Thank you nozy :)

No worries Bambi.B)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, aztek said:

you are showing your hate.  

is not an american coin,  it did not happen in USA, 

You make no cent's. 

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, rashore said:

Heh, you might think it sounds American... but it's Australian.

Actually it sounds a bit like 50 cents. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Babe bambino said:

No hehe i say this because whenever you here bizzare or crazy news stories its usually from Florida that being said im british so i havent been to either places but i would love to go to Australia. Are you from there?

Ah, since I've never been to Australia, makes it kind of difficult to be from Australia.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Babe bambino said:

Oh okay then. I dont know how i feel about australian accents to be honest. I prefer american.

Oh? Which American accents do you prefer?

6 minutes ago, Babe bambino said:

All besides your typical californian accent. I remember an snl skit with jamie foxx and jason sudeikis i dont know if people from maine actually sound like this but i like it hehe 

Lol, no... that's none of the Maine accents. It's more of a spoof/play on twisting some of the more southern state accents, probably as a spoof/play about being from more southern Maine vs the northern regions of Maine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rolltide said:

Png.png

Goodness, yes.. .and my bad for playing part in the derailment.

Back to the OP then. I can't imagine how terrible it would be to have something stuck in your throat for so long.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pennies were still put in the Christmas pudding when I was (supposedly) growing up.

I remember one Christmas my grandmother/aunts/mother saying how the decimal currency coins were had some toxic reaction with food.  That could be why the coins were kept after circulation.

it's a bit of an old wives tale anyway.  I'm pretty sure I swallowed a decimal currency coin at some stage.  It was dad's job to "account" for it.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2019 at 2:09 AM, Seti42 said:

You'd think right!?!? 

Well, as an Aussie myself, I'd just like to say that most of us usually spend money, not eat it. 

This girl was clearly out of the ordinary.  But damn....no x-ray's? There's got to be more to this story or maybe that's how they are in Wollongong :P