Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Woman swallowed coin, lost voice for 12 years

32 posts in this topic

Rolltide

Png.png

• Like 2

Babe bambino
50 minutes ago, Rolltide said:

Png.png

I love when that happens hehehehe

• Haha 1

rashore
1 hour ago, Rolltide said:

Png.png

Goodness, yes.. .and my bad for playing part in the derailment.

Back to the OP then. I can't imagine how terrible it would be to have something stuck in your throat for so long.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Captain Risky

LOL...

• Haha 2

Babe bambino
58 minutes ago, rashore said:

Goodness, yes.. .and my bad for playing part in the derailment.

Back to the OP then. I can't imagine how terrible it would be to have something stuck in your throat for so long.

I think shes dumb as hell, how do you get coins stuck down in your throat although i cant talk when i was like 5 i swallowed a small penny, the year before that i somehow sniffed a sequin up my nose. I was a weird kid. 

I even made food out of disgusting things and chopped worms and  because i thought they would grow back.

• Haha 1

Golden Duck

Pennies were still put in the Christmas pudding when I was (supposedly) growing up.

I remember one Christmas my grandmother/aunts/mother saying how the decimal currency coins were had some toxic reaction with food.  That could be why the coins were kept after circulation.

it's a bit of an old wives tale anyway.  I'm pretty sure I swallowed a decimal currency coin at some stage.  It was dad's job to "account" for it.

• Like 1

Gwynbleidd
On 7/11/2019 at 2:09 AM, Seti42 said:

At no point did a doctor think to x-ray her throat? Especially after it didn't clear up with antibiotics or time, as bronchitis/laryngitis will do... That's the truly scary thing, here. 

You'd think right!?!? 

Well, as an Aussie myself, I'd just like to say that most of us usually spend money, not eat it. 

This girl was clearly out of the ordinary.  But damn....no x-ray's? There's got to be more to this story or maybe that's how they are in Wollongong :P