Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Moon landing conspiracies continue to endure

UM-Bot

I know someone that believes the moon landings were faked.  When she starts in on it I want to toss her out the window.  One time I tried showing her a video of physicists debunking the faked moon landing theories.  She refused to watch it.

• Haha 2

I never heard about any conspiracies about the moon landing being faked until after the movie "Wag the Dog" came out.

• Like 1

Former Soviet Cosmonants even verify that the US landed on the moon. And they were our cold war enemies at the time.

If they new it was a fraud they would have exposed it to the world. These CT's are cut from the same cloth as Flat Earthers.

Evidence doesn't mean anything to those that based situations on emotion.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

This, like many, 'conspiracy theories' endure because they're HILARIOUS. I mean, there's a ton of entertainment value in them. Sure, there probably are a handful of true believers...But most people, IMO, are in it for the lolz and (to a certain extent) the psychology, mythology, sociology, etc. of conspiracy theories that I believe is worth studying in and of itself as a phenomenon. 

Edited by Seti42

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

I know someone that believes the moon landings were faked.  When she starts in on it I want to toss her out the window.  One time I tried showing her a video of physicists debunking the faked moon landing theories.  She refused to watch it.

Tell her about the mirrors the Apollo teams left on the surface of the Moon. You can shine a laser on them and have it reflected back to earth. 

Though if she still believes it's fake in 2019 then there's probably not much you could say to change her mind.

10 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Tell her about the mirrors the Apollo teams left on the surface of the Moon. You can shine a laser on them and have it reflected back to earth. 

Though if she still believes it's fake in 2019 then there's probably not much you could say to change her mind.

Funny you mention that.  It was just last week that I was watching something on PBS in which they were showing a high rez photo of one of the landing sites and the guy was pointing out the various things in the photo she (my room mates GF) walked through the room just as the guy was saying and these are the mirrors that were left there.  You can bounce a laser off these mirrors and using the time it takes for the laser to return we have determined exactly how far the moon is from the earth.  So I said do you see this?  how do you explain that and she just smiled and walked out of the room.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You know why I reckon it is? Because people now look at the current and recent US Governments and can't believe that any administration could have ever managed to get their ***es together enough to organzie something on that kind of scale. :yes: Particularly at a time of such upheaval and when the country was rather preoccupied with wars in foreign lands. 

Edited by Dumbledore the Awesome

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

Funny you mention that.  It was just last week that I was watching something on PBS in which they were showing a high rez photo of one of the landing sites and the guy was pointing out the various things in the photo she (my room mates GF) walked through the room just as the guy was saying and these are the mirrors that were left there.  You can bounce a laser off these mirrors and using the time it takes for the laser to return we have determined exactly how far the moon is from the earth.  So I said do you see this?  how do you explain that and she just smiled and walked out of the room.

Maybe she is playing you.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Maybe she is playing you.

Nope.  She doesn't believe anyone has walked on the moon. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Nope.  She doesn't believe anyone has walked on the moon. 

I know several people like this. They also believe in Qanon, that dinosaurs are fake, that bush did 9/11 and that bigfoot is real.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Robotic Jew said:

I know several people like this. They also believe in Qanon, that dinosaurs are fake, that bush did 9/11 and that bigfoot is real.

Big foot is real :ph34r:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Big foot is real :ph34r:

If you wear anything over size 10 shoes then yeah. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

If you wear anything over size 10 shoes then yeah. 

My grandmother told me "All beautiful women have big feet."  And most of us do.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

My grandmother told me "All beautiful women have big feet."  And most of us do.

I like my wife small feet, then again she's a small woman and I'm a giant standing next to her.

• Haha 1

I love watching the fake moon landing and flat earth videos. They're hilarious. I had a favorite Uncle who was an astrophysicist at NASA from it's inception. I spent a lot of time at the Stennis Base in Mississipi when I was kid. I even traveled to Florida and watched one of the last Apollo launches. If NASA did fake the moon landings, and were able to keep the tens of thousands of people involved in it quiet and covered up for over 60+ years, they deserve an Oscar the size of Mount Everest. LOL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

People believe in ridiculous conspiracy theories like the alleged moon landing hoax simply because the masses are dumb like that, and have a tendency to jump on bandwagons like drones.

Edited by Brok

I wonder if this ever came to mind with CTs. Why would the US fake several missions and fake a failed mission like Apollo 13?

4 hours ago, Hawken said:

I wonder if this ever came to mind with CTs. Why would the US fake several missions and fake a failed mission like Apollo 13?

because it got public attention at a time when the novelty was beginning to wear off and people were beginning to lose interest.

Plus it would make a great movie at a later date.