Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Iran tries to hijack vessel British Heritage

and-then

5 minutes ago, GLCsector3295 said:

The sanctions are working to a degree because of those nations who are civilized and abide by rules of law. O

The sanctions have nothing to do with the rule of law.

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

The sanctions have nothing to do with the rule of law.

How on earth would YOU know?  You have your head so far up the Left's derriere that you can taste the toothpaste they use.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, and then said:

How on earth would YOU know?  You have your head so far up the Left's derriere that you can taste the toothpaste they use.

So no actual discussion? Just a junior high level insult?

Wow I am shocked! :o :lol:

Well, it looks like @DarkHunter was correct. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-49628123

In essence, the BBC story confirms that the tanker has probably offloaded its oil in a Syrian port. 

This means that - at an official governmental level - the UK won't believe a word that the Iranian State says in the future. This is going to have consequences for the Mullahs. 

2 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

This means that - at an official governmental level - the UK won't believe a word that the Iranian State says in the future. This is going to have consequences for the Mullahs. 

Youre assuming they actually care and arent just publicly going along with the whole sanction thingy because they now desperately need the US to play nice with the trade thingy.

Edited by Farmer77

5 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Youre assuming they actually care and arent just publicly going along with the whole sanction thingy because they now desperately need the US to play nice with the trade thingy.

Hmm.. perhaps. But they have shown utter disrespect to the UK State. This WILL come back to bite them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, RoofGardener said:

Hmm.. perhaps. But they have shown utter disrespect to the UK State. This WILL come back to bite them.

Yeah i definitely am not making the claim as fact. I just have this feeling that the world has  to eventually start to treat us the nation as the leaders are starting to treat Trump. Just nod and smile while saying flattering things until the noisy dangerous thing gets distracted by something else shiny.

Thats not even a Trump thing really, I imagine our bullying (dont really mean that as wholly negative, but we're the empire and all that)  has to grow old even with our staunchest allies.

Just now, Farmer77 said:

Yeah i definitely am not making the claim as fact. I just have this feeling that the world has  to eventually start to treat us the nation as the leaders are starting to treat Trump. Just nod and smile while saying flattering things until the noisy dangerous thing gets distracted by something else shiny.

Thats not even a Trump thing really, I imagine our bullying (dont really mean that as wholly negative, but we're the empire and all that)  has to grow old even with our staunchest allies.

Weeeeell.... possibly. The delicate pavane of international diplomacy.

Alternatively, we could just send a bunch of F-35's in to flatten all their ports :D

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

:rofl: It really is increasingly hard these days to know if you're being serious or not. Disrespected the UK State?! And that WILL come back to bite them? Much in the manner of a Mafia Godfather? And who the hell respects the UK State these days? What the hell has it done recently to deserve respect? It's just been a pathetic little poodle of the all-powerful Global Bully.

Edited by Dumbledore the Awesome

11 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

:rofl: It really is increasingly hard these days to know if you're being serious or not. Disrespected the UK State?! And that WILL come back to bite them? Much in the manner of a Mafia Godfather? And who the hell respects the UK State these days? What the hell has it done recently to deserve respect? It's just been a pathetic little poodle of the all-powerful Global Bully.

Oh REALLY ? Well, it followed international law scrupulously. It didn't - for example - hand the tanker over to the Global Bully, despite strong pressure. The NEXT time something like this happens, the UK Sate may be less inclined to be so impartial with Iran. (You want their tanker Mr Trump ? Sure thing.. we'll just polish the steering wheel for you.... )

7 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Oh REALLY ? Well, it followed international law scrupulously. It didn't - for example - hand the tanker over to the Global Bully, despite strong pressure. The NEXT time something like this happens, the UK Sate may be less inclined to be so impartial with Iran. (You want their tanker Mr Trump ? Sure thing.. we'll just polish the steering wheel for you.... )

Why you say "well, next time we won't be so lenient"? What have the Iranians done that was so underhand? Delivered the cargo the destination it was intended for? Not hand themselves over to Uncle Sam? The Captain didn't accept Mike Pompeo's offer of a bribe to hand his ship over? Well, how dastardly and underhand of them :mellow: 

1 minute ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Why you say "well, next time we won't be so lenient"? What have the Iranians done that was so underhand? Delivered the cargo the destination it was intended for? Not hand themselves over to Uncle Sam? The Captain didn't accept Mike Pompeo's offer of a bribe to hand his ship over? Well, how dastardly and underhand of them :mellow: 

The Iranian government made a solemn, written undertaking to HM Government that the tanker would NOT discharge its oil to Syria. To do this, and then to flagrantly break their undertaking, is a major diplomatic issue. Wars have been declared for less ! 

9 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

The Iranian government made a solemn, written undertaking to HM Government that the tanker would NOT discharge its oil to Syria. To do this, and then to flagrantly break their undertaking, is a major diplomatic issue. Wars have been declared for less ! 

So the Boris regime was that gullible was it. :rofl: So the honourable thing would have been for the Iranians to not deliver the cargo as promised? I think they've been the honourable ones here to deliver on their promises. So the British Government, if there currently is such a thing, thinks it can bully and disrupt trade by holding cargoes to ransome and extort whatever it demands? But if it's gullible enough to be bought off by pieces of paper, then I'm sure the ghost of Neville Chamberlain is smiling sardonically from the corridors of power that he haunts.

Our weak as government only released the ship cause iran managed to take two of the tankers! Britannia rules the waves..

2 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

So the Boris regime was that gullible was it. :rofl: So the honourable thing would have been for the Iranians to not deliver the cargo as promised? I think they've been the honourable ones here to deliver on their promises. So the British Government, if there currently is such a thing, thinks it can bully and disrupt trade by holding cargoes to ransome and extort whatever it demands? But if it's gullible enough to be bought off by pieces of paper, then I'm sure the ghost of Neville Chamberlain is smiling sardonically from the corridors of power that he haunts.

The British Government was in the right.. there was a European Union embargo in effect on any vessels transiting through the territory of any EU member state. The Iranian ship entered British waters.

The Iranian hijack of the British vessel in international waters was completely in contradiction to international law. There is a difference, Dumbledore. I'm sure you can see this. 

As  for gullible; it is entirely possible that HM Government was deliberately giving the Iranians "rope to hang themselves". The consequences of their actions - in outright lying to HM Government in writing - are yet to be revealed.