Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Baker makes most fantastically morbid cakes

Still Waters

ENGLISH PASTRY CHEF ANNABEL DE Vetten crafts what may be the world’s most fantastically morbid confections. Her Birmingham studio and cooking space, the Conjurer’s Kitchen, is filled with feasts of macabre eye candy rendered with ghoulish precision.

Here is a plate heaped with thumb-sized maggots and grubs. There a bloodied human heart lies in a pool of green, molar-strewn slime. A stainless-steel coroner’s table hosts the disemboweled upper-torso of a corpse. It’s flanked by a four-foot statue of a saint, his face melting away to bone. On the counter, the neck of a deer’s partially fleshless head sinks its roots into a bisected flowerpot; a sapling bursts from its skull like a unicorn horn.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/where-buy-victorian-morbid-cakes

Some more of her creations:

https://www.designer-daily.com/incredible-cake-art-by-annabel-de-vetten-53023

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Wow, the colours and shading she's used are amazing, not to mention the lifelike contours on the fondant for all of the objects she's sculpting.  She's wickedly talented and I definitely had a giggle at her nickname, Annabel Lecter. :lol:  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, pixiii said:

Wow, the colours and shading she's used are amazing, not to mention the lifelike contours on the fondant for all of the objects she's sculpting.  She's wickedly talented and I definitely had a giggle at her nickname, Annabel Lecter. :lol:  

Artwork is amazing but its macabre. Who the hell would wanna eat that. Not me. The name really suits, thou. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...