Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bob Lazar / Alien Tech

GLCsector3295

I actually tried emailing George Knapp from Coast to Coast AM, he was kind enough to respond to my email but declined to comment on my question , so here I am looking for opinions to my question.

I was curious after everything Bob Lazar did to uncover what he did, why didn't the U.S Government instead of going out of their way to discredit him and possibly kill him, just not arrest him ? As we have seen with Edward Snowden , who released information that helped the American public but may have hindered government agencies, he is now a wanted man by the US Government and will be arrested if he ever returns an brought to trial.

So that is what made me wonder why go out of ones way to try an discredit someone who had some kind of security clearance to Area 51, possibly signed a N.D.A, an just not flat out arrest him while he was in the US ?

Also what lead me to a question to Geroge K, about Alien tech is this. he had mentioned interviewing someone from " Skunkworks " at either the time of his death or near and I didn't get the name, what was claimed by the man to George K/ was that America has access to alien tech, that is capable of traveling to distant star systems.

My question is this, if the US Government or any private agency has the capability to create this tech / a space ship, what ever.

Why sit on it ? In a society bent on making money, and how extremely profitable it would be for anyone who could prove that the have the technology to travel to and from Earth at any distance / speed that doesn't take a life time or endanger ones life..... why hide it ? why not make a profit ? It would seem to me that a profit and a source of income through taxation would trump, any fears of scaring the population.

With recent government acknowledgement of the US Navy encountering a U.F.O an Harry Reid wanting an investigation , the feeling is there is becoming another slow burn at easing the public into the realm of Aliens being real. But my problem also is this. This game the government has been playing with disinformation and then secretly investigating UFOs / Aliens... Seems really odd because Project Blue book closed up decades ago. To now pretty recently having Harry Reid wanting an investigation into this. It just seems odd .

So either the US Government and the military are confused and want answers, or are lieing and just needed a story to allot money to go into something this being investigating what is getting into US Navy operational air space or what ever ya wana call it. An using that money instead for something else......

Any thoughts on all this would be appreciated.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

What did Lazar actually uncover?  

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, GLCsector3295 said:

So that is what made me wonder why go out of ones way to try an discredit someone who had some kind of security clearance to Area 51, possibly signed a N.D.A, an just not flat out arrest him while he was in the US ?

Simply because he did not violate his NDA, so denying his lies was enough.

• Like 1

There are 3 reasons why the government has done nothing(not even try to discredit) with Lazar:

1. What he says is all nonsense

2. They don't care about people spreading nonsense

C. They use it as a free disinformation campaign

Question #2: They wouldn't hide it. We would be building fleets of ships, loading them up and raiding distant planets for their resources. We've spent the last several hundred years pillaging our own planet for the concept of "riches" why wouldn't we do the same with alien planets if we had a way to reach them?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, GLCsector3295 said:

I was curious after everything Bob Lazar did to uncover what he did, why didn't the U.S Government instead of going out of their way to discredit him and possibly kill him, just not arrest him ? As we have seen with Edward Snowden , who released information that helped the American public but may have hindered government agencies, he is now a wanted man by the US Government and will be arrested if he ever returns an brought to trial.

Therein lies your problem, you think logically then you dismiss the logic.  What I bolded is on of the many lies Bob Lazar told and that is the one that I KNOW because I lived in the area and what he described did not happen, would not have happened, the neighbors never saw anything, etc.  No government went out of their way to do anything to Bob Lazar.  If he were telling the truth he would be locked up.  The other thing is he claimed those things almost 20 years after he supposedly leaked information.  Why would anyone wait over 10 years after no one remembers the sorry sod to suddenly invade his house and confiscate his computers?  It was a story he told to get more attention.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I appreciate the responses, I tried another forum an got nothing, so hence I found this site...

Well if the consensus here at least, is that he is a liar. what is his motivation ? exactly how much money is he making by selling books, doing tv shows, etc, after all this time to such a small niche ?

I am probably going to lose interest in Bob Lazar once again rather fast, so don't be surprised if i dont return to this thread or bob lazar topics after a while.

I just don't see the joy or thrills in ruining ones own life, to not be taken seriously ever again by society, to create such an elaborate hoax. To go that far with a hoax, for such a long part of ones life and never come clean about it, takes a lot of psychological problems. An perhaps maybe I am becoming more interested in debunking Bob Lazars claims more than anything... If there was some kind of paper trail of psychological problems, large amounts of debt he needed to pay off... that would at least give reason to him being a fraud.

• Like 2

He did it for the attention and probably did get money for it, then he needed money in the 90's so tried to revive the story and embellish it more.  Now he is wanting more money.  I am sure he got paid for those interviews.

• Like 3

I want to know what he uncovered.  If you're talking about gravity waves, then no, the concept existed over 100 years ago.  Element 115?  Again the concept of higher elements already existed.

Besides the magical properties of 115, Lazar really hasn't come up with anything original.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GLCsector3295 said:

I appreciate the responses, I tried another forum an got nothing, so hence I found this site...

Well if the consensus here at least, is that he is a liar. what is his motivation ? exactly how much money is he making by selling books, doing tv shows, etc, after all this time to such a small niche ?

I am probably going to lose interest in Bob Lazar once again rather fast, so don't be surprised if i dont return to this thread or bob lazar topics after a while.

I just don't see the joy or thrills in ruining ones own life, to not be taken seriously ever again by society, to create such an elaborate hoax. To go that far with a hoax, for such a long part of ones life and never come clean about it, takes a lot of psychological problems. An perhaps maybe I am becoming more interested in debunking Bob Lazars claims more than anything... If there was some kind of paper trail of psychological problems, large amounts of debt he needed to pay off... that would at least give reason to him being a fraud.

People do things for all sorts of reasons.

Here are some ideas:

• Maybe he can't help himself because he is a pathological liar.
  • Maybe he wanted attention just like a small child causing trouble and accepting the punishment but they got the attention they craved.
  • Maybe he wanted to make money but it didn't pan out.
  • Maybe he did make money and we do not see that he did.
  • Maybe he has delusional episodes and thinks he did this.

Does it ruin your life? Not necessarily. He did whatever in an interview. I bet he could get on the UFO talk circuit and people would listen to him. He doesn't have to get everyone to believe. He only has to get enough to make a profit.

• Like 4

lazar hasnt produced anything special or unknown and hasnt applied anything he claimed to have worked on,

a while back a couple young rednecks tossed some ice, roadkill and a bigfoot fur suit in an ice chest and posted they had a dead bigfoot, likely mosty for attention first $$$ second like the guy who claimed he shot a baby bigfoot,

anyway, the story blew up went viral too many eyes, they admitted hoax, then a few years after that when it blew over one of the guys did it again, driving around with a dead bigfoot in the back of his truck charging 5 bucks a gander to slack jawed locals,

it got too much light too quickly and he bailed again.

i see bob the same way, except bob loves the attention he doesnt bail look how he acts in videos, so when it wants attention or $$$ he pops up,

i was in the band music club biz i could easily sell tickets 20 bucks each to a night of lecture and  q&a with lazar, even critics would show, 

• Like 2

I only managed to see a little of the interview he did with Joe Rogan.  The problem I had was Lazar not being able to remember "as it's been a long time" etc etc.  Maybe I'm being too harsh on Lazar, as I possess a great memory myself, however, I thought it was strange he didn't remember something that was evidently life changing for him?

What are your thoughts and how do you explain Lazar knowing exactly when the tests were going to occur and brought groups of people out on multiple occasions to see them?  

edit:  I've just found the documentary on Netflix to watch and have found that he's answering in the same way he did on the Joe Rogan podcast.  He either doesn't remember at all (which I still find hard to believe) or he's got his story in place and sticking to it and hoping like hell people think he's legitimate by saying the same things over and over again throughout the decades.  

The Element 115 was obviously a "something"?  I really don't know enough about it to even further comment on that though.  Perhaps someone could explain how he came to describe it in the 80's?  

Edited by pixiii
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, pixiii said:

I only managed to see a little of the interview he did with Joe Rogan.  The problem I had was Lazar not being able to remember "as it's been a long time" etc etc.  Maybe I'm being too harsh on Lazar, as I possess a great memory myself, however, I thought it was strange he didn't remember something that was evidently life changing for him?

What are your thoughts and how do you explain Lazar knowing exactly when the tests were going to occur and brought groups of people out on multiple occasions to see them?  

edit:  I've just found the documentary on Netflix to watch and have found that he's answering in the same way he did on the Joe Rogan podcast.  He either doesn't remember at all (which I still find hard to believe) or he's got his story in place and sticking to it and hoping like hell people think he's legitimate by saying the same things over and over again throughout the decades.  

If you watch the full interview on JRE there are a few things that strike me as odd such as he gets a ''migraine'' when Joe asks too many question at once.. but his answers have never changed in any interview he has every done. I get alot of crap for believing him, but i do anyway. The way i see it is he's either telling the truth or he's a complete pathological liar and we should be glad he just wants to tell far-out stories and not start a cult because if he did he would have more followers than the catholic church. IMO there is more information to give him merit than there is to discredit him. :)

• Like 1

On 7/12/2019 at 12:07 AM, GLCsector3295 said:

I actually tried emailing George Knapp from Coast to Coast AM, he was kind enough to respond to my email but declined to comment on my question , so here I am looking for opinions to my question.

Also what lead me to a question to Geroge K, about Alien tech is this. he had mentioned interviewing someone from " Skunkworks " at either the time of his death or near and I didn't get the name, what was claimed by the man to George K/ was that America has access to alien tech, that is capable of traveling to distant star systems.

My question is this, if the US Government or any private agency has the capability to create this tech / a space ship, what ever.

Why sit on it ? In a society bent on making money, and how extremely profitable it would be for anyone who could prove that the have the technology to travel to and from Earth at any distance / speed that doesn't take a life time or endanger ones life..... why hide it ? why not make a profit ? It would seem to me that a profit and a source of income through taxation would trump, any fears of scaring the population.

With recent government acknowledgement of the US Navy encountering a U.F.O an Harry Reid wanting an investigation , the feeling is there is becoming another slow burn at easing the public into the realm of Aliens being real. But my problem also is this. This game the government has been playing with disinformation and then secretly investigating UFOs / Aliens... Seems really odd because Project Blue book closed up decades ago. To now pretty recently having Harry Reid wanting an investigation into this. It just seems odd .

So either the US Government and the military are confused and want answers, or are lieing and just needed a story to allot money to go into something this being investigating what is getting into US Navy operational air space or what ever ya wana call it. An using that money instead for something else......

In my opinion Bob lazar is certainly a fraud. If he had divulged real information he would have disappeared, that is the way the government deals with people who release classified information. They would never arrest him because that would vindicate and give him some merit for his story. But, by making someone disappear there is no proof what happened.

So the fact that he is still around proves what he has said isn't factual.

JIMO

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pixiii said:

The Element 115 was obviously a "something"?  I really don't know enough about it to even further comment on that though.  Perhaps someone could explain how he came to describe it in the 80's?  

Does his description match the real 115?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

Does his description match the real 115?

As I mentioned, I don't know enough to comment on it.  I was rather hoping someone with enough scientific knowledge could explain how Lazar came to describe it in the 1980's in comparison to the real 115?  Do you know?

4 hours ago, pixiii said:

As I mentioned, I don't know enough to comment on it.  I was rather hoping someone with enough scientific knowledge could explain how Lazar came to describe it in the 1980's in comparison to the real 115?  Do you know?

His description resembles no element.  He made it up.

• Like 1

IMO there is more information to give him merit than there is to discredit him

^ um no, i disagree,

like i say ad nauseum he has never shown, applied, used, etc etc etc any tech he claimed to have worked on.

when real scientists and physicists listen to him they are never impressed,

heck, he cant even talk about gravity correctly,

when asked important details he will say i dont remember im getting a headache my bigtoe hurts, and has painted that "they" also tampered with his mind and memory, bs  if they deemed that needed they wouldnt be bashful he would have vanished,

he never could have swipped a secret element boasted to having pounds on hand got all pompous and said "no" when asked to prove it.

sure, we have things like he knew where to pay for a coke at the area 51 snack bar, so what any toilet mopper would, and its alleged he knew when test flights of what? we dont know were to happen and took who lear...lol, people to see it, show me the proof that he knew in advance , took them there filmed it etc , show me that unbroken evidence chain.

in the decades that have passed people with real aera 51 stories like Robert frost have come forward, 100s likely 1000s worked there when bob claimed to and not one has come forward and collaborated bob.

when i have watched bob in docs he has the same type vide of a really cheesy cold reader psychic to me, 

etc etc etc

no, i do not find any "merit" connected to bob or his stories that still are just stories.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Ironside said:

IMO there is more information to give him merit than there is to discredit him.

let's just say Lazar's claims are real:

those in authority over the situation must be real crap at keeping secrets....

if Lazar's claims are real then he would have signed the official secrets act.

obviously, he has no respect for fellow workers who are working in the same environment... why spill the beans? what's the point? (if it's all true of course)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

sure, we have things like he knew where to pay for a coke at the area 51 snack bar, so what any toilet mopper would, and its alleged he knew when test flights of what? we dont know were to happen and took who lear...lol, people to see it, show me the proof that he knew in advance , took them there filmed it etc , show me that unbroken evidence chain.

I hear this toilet mopper business alot

1) Is there any proof he worked as a janitor?  No, yet you stick by that notion despite the lack of evidence don't you?

2) I was under the impression as a military installation most cleaning/cooking/housekeeping was undertaken by military underlings anyway not civilians. From my understanding civilians should not be allowed into a top secret military base in the first place. so this kind of discredits Lazar in a way anyway...

59 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

those in authority over the situation must be real crap at keeping secrets....

Yes they are horrible at keeping secrets, You probably would have not even heard about Area 51 had Bob not come forward. The base itself was a top secret. Look at The Gulf of Tonkin incident, The many leaks via Chelsea Manning, Edward Snowden, Julian Assange/Wikileaks. ''Collateral Murder'' It is also no secret about the shady way the US Government runs, yet some people still have blind faith in everything they say.

59 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

obviously, he has no respect for fellow workers who are working in the same environment... why spill the beans? what's the point? (if it's all true of course)

Yeah? So? Nobody has respect for anybody. Its a dog eat dog world. we don't live in a utopia people will walk over their dead mother so long as they get something out of it. As to why he spilled the beans, i mean he goes over that every interview he gives. If you really want to know go watch some...

Once again i'm not trying to say its true or false. only time will tell. I'm just trying to show some skeptics use the same broken logic as some blind believers do. They are two sides of the same coin.
We all have our bias. I know i do and i know you do.

Its impossible to come to a conclusion on things like this without mountains of time and information. I guarantee even if the US Navy or Air Force came out with a new top secret space/aircraft exactly as described by Lazar you probably still wouldn't believe him and would say it was just a lucky guess. Its the same with me i haven't actually seen any soild proof he DIDN'T work for EG&G but there is no proof he DID either

Look Bob Lazar is either the single best liar, able to pass multiple lie detectors and keep his story straight for decades or he is telling the truth. I believe him because i want to believe him. But my mind is probably going to change sooner or later but you are bringing nothing new to the table to make me change it now.

Edited by Ironside

9 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

Look It's a long shot but how do we know he was just told it was element 115 when it could have been any Element 114 and up simply to discredit anyone who came out with it?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

So what you're saying is, he originally described "something" which he later claimed was Element 115 (E115), only after it was discovered?  I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with the terms used so forgive me if I've worded it wrongly.

You've answered with an opinion of "He made it up".  What did you base your opinion on? 

good grief , time to calm down people, In the end it isn't that friggin important either way.

But I agree that either Bob Lazar is telling the truth or he is some kind of expert liar. 

I dunno about not arresting him would give him credibility being a theory as to why he wasn't.    Though  in comparison to Snowden... Snowden knew to **** of America...  Though it is interesting that Area 51 was just not that well known before Bob Lazar..  an even if Lazar was just a janitor , then where are the current janitors working there, telling everyone , yeah some things are just common knowledge of where we eat an go to the bathroom an were off limit areas are. 

I mean we have access now thanks to youtube, plenty of military flight video of UFOs in the sense that they are unidentified flying objects not aliens. But even with that, if people are going to call Bob Lazar a liar, then that same skepticism has to be given to military service members. Because if actual scientists at S.E.T.I don't get wet at the first sign of something strange and exhaust every possible natural answer there is before saying it is something else it seems that should be the standard as well for other claims. 

But S.E.T.I ,, heck even searching for Earth like planets or spelunking around on Mars  all just comes across to me as a giant waste of time.  Looking for microbes , methane gas,  planets we can never reach with in our life time.. For me personally mean nothing. Granted for the evolution of the human race and science it means a lot. but practically speaking , I just can't find any excitement.  An then there are claims of " Ancient Aliens "...  why bother...  what is the point in " seeding a planet " or helping to build pyramids , and then take off, come back generations later, only to fly around and play tag with the air force and buzz around. and not just plop right down in the middle of a major city..  Even if they are so advanced in ever aspect of the word.  If military planes can not stop supposed alien craft from entering their air space... gah... never mind that is enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ironside said:

I hear this toilet mopper business alot

1) Is there any proof he worked as a janitor?  No, yet you stick by that notion despite the lack of evidence don't you?

Once again i'm not trying to say its true or false. only time will tell. I'm just trying to show some skeptics use the same broken logic as some blind believers do. They are two sides of the same coin.
We all have our bias. I know i do and i know you do.

Look Bob Lazar is either the single best liar.

I used to think what a wildly fantastic story Lazar told however, nowadays I'm a lot more skeptical.  His vague memory regarding these events concern me.  One would think they'd be forever stuck in your memory?  

As to there being no records of him with his education or employment, prior to the internet (as we know it to be today), it would've been a lot easier to scrub someone's education and employment records then, than now. 

Perhaps he just had a huge imagination and got lucky with some outlandish creations that eventually came true?  I really cannot be sure as he's quite the enigma.  But he certainly divides people.  I even see it in this thread sadly.  It's not like we're discussing Politics! :lol::lol::lol: 

1 minute ago, pixiii said:

I used to think what a wildly fantastic story Lazar told however, nowadays I'm a lot more skeptical.  His vague memory regarding these events concern me.  One would think they'd be forever stuck in your memory?  

As to there being no records of him with his education or employment, prior to the internet (as we know it to be today), it would've been a lot easier to scrub someone's education and employment records then, than now. 

Perhaps he just had a huge imagination and got lucky with some outlandish creations that eventually came true?  I really cannot be sure as he's quite the enigma.  But he certainly divides people.  I even see it in this thread sadly.  It's not like we're discussing Politics! :lol::lol::lol: 

yeah again with regards to his education, even if his records were scrubbed clean, if he had at least a hard copy diploma with the names of the institutions, an signatures and stamps that accompany them, least then he could be like , I at least got this. an then let people debate if it is fake or not i suppose.

• Like 2

On 7/12/2019 at 1:41 AM, Desertrat56 said:

The other thing is he claimed those things almost 20 years after he supposedly leaked information.  Why would anyone wait over 10 years after no one remembers the sorry sod to suddenly invade his house and confiscate his computers?  It was a story he told to get more attention.

He probably didn't remember :lol: 

I'm sorry, but his lack of memory issue bothers me.  Which is probably why I lean towards the non-believer status. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1