Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pelosi Picks on newly elected women of color

OverSword

5 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

If they were REALLY getting death threats all the time,video of idiots getting arrested would be plastered all over the MSM round the clock!

In 2018, Amnesty International published a major study revealing the extent of abuse female politicians and journalists face online. The study – conducted with software company Element AI – analysed nearly 300,000 tweets sent to 778 women in the UK and the US in 2017. Over 12 months, around 1.1 million “abusive or problematic” tweets were sent to the women – one every 30 seconds on average (women of colour were found to be more likely to be targeted).

https://www.vogue.co.uk/article/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-death-threats-video-twitter

Is it so difficult for you to believe that someone who is vilified daily on FOX News, with right wing media in general being obsessed with her would receive death threats? This happens to women in power generally, never mind the ones who speak up for what they believe in.

This woman has been begging for big time lawmakers to get a raise from their cushy $175 grand,cadilac insurance,armed security,amongst other perks so they don't act corrupt...

Higher salaries for politicians to fend off their 'need' or desire for corruption isn't a new concept. It's fairly logical thinking. 

She is a scumbag just like Pelosi...you're falling for a con job!

I've seen nothing to suggest that she is anything even close to resembling a 'scumbag'. Her entire political platform is about helping others, and she's so dedicated to it that she's upset old guard, establishment Democrats and keeps on going. She also has the right wing media scared ****less, demonstrated by their obsession with her.

You're welcome to your opinion, but I can't see how anyone could think that she's a 'scumbag'.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Is there a male version of that study? So we can compare apples to apples?

How do we know that woman are more likely to be targeted, if we don't know how often men are targeted?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

https://www.vogue.co.uk/article/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-death-threats-video-twitter

Is it so difficult for you to believe that someone who is vilified daily on FOX News, with right wing media in general being obsessed with her would receive death threats? This happens to women in power generally, never mind the ones who speak up for what they believe in.

Higher salaries for politicians to fend off their 'need' or desire for corruption isn't a new concept. It's fairly logical thinking. 

I've seen nothing to suggest that she is anything even close to resembling a 'scumbag'. Her entire political platform is about helping others, and she's so dedicated to it that she's upset old guard, establishment Democrats and keeps on going. She also has the right wing media scared ****less, demonstrated by their obsession with her.

You're welcome to your opinion, but I can't see how anyone could think that she's a 'scumbag'.

Jesus ****ing Christ...

Breaking news!!!

No "rules" against not paying taxes...No tax crimes...No rules against illegal drugs,no drug crimes!...No rules/laws against ANYTHING NO crimes!

Just pay everyday average joe 1/5 th of a mil every year with great healthcare coverage,armed guards,and housing in gated communities,along with other great tax payer funded perks...

Hell we get rid of crime altogether!!!...it's a fairly logical thinking!

Hell you're on to something!

eta

I'd bet dollars to donuts "studies" would prove my theory correct aswell!

Welcome to your opinions aswell...

Edited by CrimsonKing
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Jesus ****ing Christ...

Breaking news!!!

No "rules" against not paying taxes...No tax crimes...No rules against illegal drugs,no drug crimes!...No rules/laws against ANYTHING NO crimes!

Just pay everyday average joe 1/5 th of a mil every year with great healthcare coverage,armed guards,and housing in gated communities,along with other great tax payer funded perks...

Hell we get rid of crime altogether!!!...it's a fairly logical thinking!

Hell you're on to something!

eta

I'd bet dollars to donuts "studies" would prove my theory correct aswell!

Welcome to your opinions aswell...

I think someone needs some sleep. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I think someone needs some sleep. 

Meh...i think someones drunk on government "giving them a voice"

You don't Want gov,YOU need it!... ;)

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Is there a male version of that study? So we can compare apples to apples?

How do we know that woman are more likely to be targeted, if we don't know how often men are targeted?

That's a good question. Here is a study done of leadership races which found that female politicians get more abuse online generally.

https://www.cfr.org/article/violence-against-female-politicians

If you had spent any time on Twitter or 4chan or other hubs of incels, or read stories about them, you wouldn't be surprised at the claim that women are targeted with this kind of abuse and these kind of serious threats way more than men. A significant portion of men simply hate women with any sort of power or when they have strong opinions, and have increasingly been threatening them, which is why it's being studied so often recently. 

He said that when MPs spoke in emotive debates in the Commons, such as on badger culls or abortion, it often sparked death threats and other threats of violence.

And research suggested women MPs - especially Jewish and Muslim ones - received more threats than men and were particular targets of abuse from both the "far right" and the "extreme left".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39339487

And these articles deal with the same issue, which includes one female politician being threatened with rape over 600 times in 1 night. Generally, it happens way more to minority women than white women.

https://www.glamour.com/story/a-shocking-number-of-female-politicians-have-received-death-and-rape-threats

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/59mp3q/nearly-half-of-female-politicians-have-been-threatened-with-rape-or-violence

• Like 2

7 hours ago, OverSword said:

Hate to say this but.....fake news propaganda. The idealistic millennials allowed to infiltrate the democrats are going to prove to be a huge setback for the party in the future. Their compromise in order to attract Bernie voters will fracture and eventually split them 

It could be, but then again, the many news outlets I see all over the net predicting party splits can be just as well fake news propaganda. But honestly I would love to see brand new parties have just as many seats in Congress as the current other parties. As example, being able to vote for a moderate or independent party besides the republican and democrat parties would be spectacular.

However, unless the rules are no longer rigged against any new political parties getting ballot lines in all 50 states and there is a mass movement searching for any new political parties, I have a hard time believing it until I see it actually happen. So chances are slim and I'm more inclined to believe these few progressive or extreme leftist in the democratic party, will likely continue to be just the few outspoken until they fade into the background like all the others have over the last century.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Brainwashing. She is the new boogeyman

AOC TV: Watch Fox News obsess over Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez for 6 straight weeks

Media Matters decided to dig into the phenomenon, reviewing every mention of the congresswoman on Fox News and Fox Business over the course of 42 days, and discovered that the networks talked about AOC every single day, mentioning her at least 3,181 times.

• Like 1

She's not a bogeyMAN... That's SEXIST!

She's just a dream headed young woman. Nothing wrong with that. But, she seriously doesn't know how the various dealings of the corridors of Congress work. She'll be lucky if she sees any support from the DNC this coming year for reelection. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

She's just a dream headed young woman. Nothing wrong with that. But, she seriously doesn't know how the various dealings of the corridors of Congress work. She'll be lucky if she sees any support from the DNC this coming year for reelection. 

I doubt she'll need it. That seat is unwinnable for any Republican and if the Dems run someone against her it will cause significant backlash. And considering her popularity in her district, which is almost 50% Hispanic, she'd likely beat anyone who ran against her. 

The Democratic Party is going through a change and over the course of the next couple of decades, as Baby Boomers and Gen Xers become fewer, with Millennials and Gen Z being more left wing, you'll see the politics of the party reflect that change. 

And people who seem to think that they're 'far' left, they're not really. The US is overwhelmingly right-leaning, to the point that 90s-00s Dems are basically conservative-lite. The Dems shifted their strategy to cater for Baby Boomers and upcoming Gen Z, in order to compete with the Republicans for the White House. The policies that the likes of Sanders and Cortez are suggesting aren't even new to the US, with some actually being planned by FDR before his untimely death, and others having been proposed before then and even decades after. It's the extremist right wing ideology of the Republican Party that has skewed perception on the right/left divide in the US (and we had a similar situation here in the UK with Tony Blair).

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Brainwashing. She is the new boogeyman

It's an obsession and you can tell who eats this stuff up until they're bursting by their posts on sites like this. Who is she really to Conservatives? One Democratic vote. Yet she has them all foaming at the mouth. It's ridiculous.

I think she's great. Whatever her views, she's trying to shake up the status quo of American politics in general and that can only be a good thing - especially for the 'drain the swamp' advocates.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

All politicians get death threats. She's not special there. Steve Scalise would say as much.

She makes 174k a year, gold benefits, security and tax payer funded travel yet another 4 grand will keep her honest? So if she doesn't get a raise and doesn't something corrupt I'm sure you'll understand. 

Not even her fake photo shoot in the parking lot? It's intentionally meant to inflame. Shes in great company there with Smollet and crazy rape fantasy lady. FAKE! And she scares nobody but those in her party and of course.all those who were looking forward to a job with Amazon in her district. To everyone else she's just a meme. She's a charicature of a scatter brained millennial and a.model of political corruption in the making.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I think scumbag is fitting.  She calls people racist without proof.  She lies at her photo shoots.  Scumbag behavior.

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I doubt she'll need it. That seat is unwinnable for any Republican and if the Dems run someone against her it will cause significant backlash. And considering her popularity in her district, which is almost 50% Hispanic, she'd likely beat anyone who ran against her. 

With a little redistricting. And with another charismatic Latino put forward by the DNC, she could loose. It could happen if the DNC makes it happen.

Looking at 2014 the turnout was 67,000, and in 2016 it was 197,000. So who gets nominated (backed by the DNC), and who wins, could be up for grabs.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Hmmmm....

Wonder how many times the obsessed mention Trump in just a single week!...

If we just used this site as an example,we'd get a picture of true "obsession" ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CrimsonKing said:

Hmmmm....

Wonder how many times the obsessed mention Trump in just a single week!...

If we just used this site as an example,we'd get a picture of true "obsession" ;)

But that's not brainwashing. That's just reporting the truth.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, DieChecker said:

LOL to say the least!  The DNC is going to get a candidate to run against her in the primary. How kewl is that!
Also, AOC is being investigated by the house ethics committee for some infraction with her campaign financing. And it seems the leaker had to be someone on the DNC. So, no, the DNC is not exactly AOC friendly

• Like 2

After all the crap nancy has flung at him how can you not respect this incredible sportsmanship?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, DieChecker said:

That's like saying a person pulled over for speeding was pulled over because the officer is a racist. The speeding had nothing to do with it..... right.....

That's been claimed many times.

1 hour ago, F3SS said:

After all the crap nancy has flung at him how can you not respect this incredible sportsmanship?

Like Trump would know.   This is getting ridiculous.  It's a script, he is reading a script and he doesn't care one way or the other.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Like Trump would know.   This is getting ridiculous.  It's a script, he is reading a script and he doesn't care one way or the other.

I don't think so. If he were the typical opportunist politician he would've thrown her under the bus considering how many times she's said he's unfit or that he's always dog whistling to make America white again. Give him some props. That was respectable.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, F3SS said:

Sportsmanship? He knows if Nancy Pelosi gets labeled a racist, he may as well be a labeled a grand dragon.

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

I find her ideologies a wee bit on the side of lunacy.  We had one here in Australia years ago (actually, she's still around somewhere) who said we could just print more money to afford all of the changes she proposed.  It seems some of these members of minority groups who safely place themselves in the victim category are not confined to the USA you'll be pleased to know. :lol::lol::lol:  

Disclaimer: No offense to anyone who is part of a minority group is intended.  :)  (Have to be careful nowadays or I might be called any number of things!) :P 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

That was a brilliancy on Trump's behalf, by saying Pelosi is not a racist LOL.  Now he has little d dems thinking about it that otherwise would not have known about the charge by AOC.

Clever man this Trump

EDIT: I just want to add that Trump surely has to dislike the barb that Pelosi threw out about him the other, "Donald Trump is trying to make America white again", or some such bull. Well, trump just gave her a lot of free publicity LOL

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
EDIT
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1