Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pelosi Picks on newly elected women of color

OverSword

13 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Oh I'll gladly name some... but first... what conflicts have been "shut down" in the Middle East ? The massacres in Yemen still go on. HAMAS still fires rockets at Israel. Iraq, Libya and Syria are in a state of civil war and dysfunction, with one military force battling against another, both claiming to be the legitimate government. I would say that the disasters continue. 

Not sure about Ukraine and Venezuala... I would suggest that you "wait and see". 

So, that list of wars ? Well, the BIG ones are Afghanistan, Mexico, Syria and Lebanon. There are also Somalia, Nigeria, Iraq, South Sudan and Libya. 

You can read a list here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ongoing_armed_conflicts#Major_wars_(10,000_or_more_deaths_in_current_or_past_year)

I'd hardly call that 'fake news', @hacktorp

The shutdown of the Western-backed terrorist/mercenary armies of Al Qaeda and ISIS have halted attempts to re-draw the map in Syria and Iraq.  Afghanistan is in peace negotiations.  Regime-change in Venezuela has been thwarted.  Libya continues to be a mess since your hero Obama utterly destroyed the country.  Iran is being freed from warmongering foreign influence and will come to the table.

Your characterization of localized skirmishes as "disasters continue" is dishonest and quite revealing.

The greatest fear of Leftist/Crypto-Leftist extremists is that Trump succeeds at bringing the US and the world back from the brink of world war...which he has already done.  And, clearly, this is your fear as well.

Claiming you are "a conservative" while pushing false, anti-peace, globalist narratives exposes you as a fake..."@RoofGardener"

1 minute ago, hacktorp said:

Regime-change in Venezuela has been thwarted. 

There really is no lie they wont tell huh? So now youre celebrating regime change in venezuela being thwarted as if thats what Trump wanted.......sad

2 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

Claiming you are "a conservative" while pushing false, anti-peace, globalist narratives exposes you as a fake..."@RoofGardener"

Nah really he's a lowbrow racist supporter just like you but please keep on brawling!

9 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

You seem to have an inside line on politics going back to the 60s, so can you tell us who's going to run against Trump in 2020 and who will win?

No, I don't know anything about that, I watch the democratic convention and can figure out whether the democrats plan on winning or not.  Anyone who pays attention can do that.  The first convention I watched in 1973 was the first one televised and they did not have cameras with sound so often when the arguments started about McGovern the sound was turn off but the cameras kept rolling.  When they pick/use a noboby like McGovern or Dukakis or they choose the hated canidate over the loved one they don't plan to win.  As long as independents don't get to vote in the primaries the voting is fixed.  And it can't be bull like Texas does where what ever primary you vote in becomes your registered affiliation.  The primaries should be open to all and not separate based on party.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, South Alabam said:

and others have not added the part where he told them "to come back and show us how it is done..."

Does that really make the rest of the tweet OK for you?

He could have added "come back and show us how its done and ill give you a million dollars" and it in no way changes the meaning or context of the rest of the text.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

There really is no lie they wont tell huh? So now youre celebrating regime change in venezuela being thwarted as if thats what Trump wanted.......sad

So you remain completely clueless about how Trump operates.

Imagine my surprise...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

During the 20th century we witnessed politics swing from one extreme to the other.

The other is now coming to an end as the US President seeks to with-store the balance. People have been waiting 30 years for the liberal-lefty, PC pro-immigration, pro-everything except the normal average nuclear family, to come to an end. That end is now in sight as the USA has a leader who doesnt care what names people call him, or how much they try to character assassinate him, or how much they cry about it.

Go Trump! America First!

If he doesn't care what names people call him why is always on the attack in tweets over every little imagined slight to his name?  Delusion should be what our politics is called because both extremes are totally deluded and it makes it really hard for the moderates to get anything done.  It is so easy to manipulate people emotionally so that they turn their logical brains off and go off half cocked spouting emotional diatribes that make no sense.

• Like 2

Just now, hacktorp said:

Imagine my surprise...

Trump reaffirms U.S. support in call with Venezuela's Guaido

You really are the classic example of the normal human's quandary when it comes to Trump supporters .......Are you stupid or evil? I cant quite tell :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

You really are the classic example of the normal human's quandary when it comes to Trump supporters .......Are you stupid or evil? I cant quite tell :)

He is neither.  It is called self delusion and misplaced arrogance.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Nah really he's a lowbrow racist supporter just like you but please keep on brawling!

Great avatar, btw.

"Concurrently British historian Christopher Hibbert described Marion as "... very active in the persecution of the Cherokee Indians and not at all the sort of chap who should be celebrated as a hero. The truth is that people like Marion committed atrocities as bad, if not worse, than those perpetrated by the British"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Marion

And you call others "racist".  Shouldn't you be off self-flagellating somewhere?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Thanks for the 6-month-old article.  It's starting to smell bad, though.

Learn Trump's tactics or continue to be an ignoramus.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

The shutdown of the Western-backed terrorist/mercenary armies of Al Qaeda and ISIS have halted attempts to re-draw the map in Syria and Iraq.  Afghanistan is in peace negotiations.  Regime-change in Venezuela has been thwarted.  Libya continues to be a mess since your hero Obama utterly destroyed the country.  Iran is being freed from warmongering foreign influence and will come to the table.

I am missing something here.

Why do you call ISIS and Al Qaeda Western-backed?  From all I could tell, they hated western civilization and everything it stood for.

Afghanistan is in peace negotiations because the government can't stand against the Islamist rebels without foreign help.

Regime change in Venezuela  has been thwarted, but we were the ones backing it.  The Russians supported the current government.

Libya is messed up indeed.  There is a power vacuum since Qaddafi was eliminated and we left the country to its own devices. Qaddafi was no friend of the west and supported terrorist activities.

How is Iran being freed from warmongering foreign influence?  I thought it was the mullah that were anti western and the Iranian Guard were the warmongers.

What is your angle here?  Are you saying all of that is fake news?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

Great avatar, btw.

And you call others "racist".  Shouldn't you be off self-flagellating somewhere?

Are you the one who keeps quoting wikipedia?  Look up Don Juan Onate on wikipedia then look him up on other historical websites that have real history.

Just now, Tatetopa said:

Why do you call ISIS and Al Qaeda Western-backed?  From all I could tell, they hated western civilization and everything it stood for.

You certainly are.

Unfortunately, you are so far behind, you'll need someone else with a LOT more time to spell things out for you.

• Haha 1

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

Are you the one who keeps quoting wikipedia?

Not usually.

But it did come in handy when pointing out Farmer's blatant and morally repugnant racism.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

Great avatar, btw.

Yessir Francis ****ing Marion was a straight badass. I am a patriot and I admire our founders and those who have sacrificed for us. Its sad you choose not to.

Edited by Farmer77

7 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Afghanistan is in peace negotiations because the government can't stand against the Islamist rebels without foreign help.

Regime change in Venezuela  has been thwarted, but we were the ones backing it.  The Russians supported the current government.

Libya is messed up indeed.  There is a power vacuum since Qaddafi was eliminated and we left the country to its own devices. Qaddafi was no friend of the west and supported terrorist activities.

How is Iran being freed from warmongering foreign influence?  I thought it was the mullah that were anti western and the Iranian Guard were the warmongers.

What is your angle here?  Are you saying all of that is fake news?

I think hacktorp is really young and doesn't know that there have been US & UK involvment in Afghanistan since the 60's among other things.  @hacktorp  you need to read history from somewhere other than wikipedia.  Actually go to a University library and get some books.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

Your characterization of localized skirmishes as "disasters continue" is dishonest and quite revealing.

The greatest fear of Leftist/Crypto-Leftist extremists is that Trump succeeds at bringing the US and the world back from the brink of world war...which he has already done.  And, clearly, this is your fear as well.

Al Qaeda and ISIS are western backed ? I mean.. really ? And these "local skirmishes" - as you characterise them - are killing tens of thousands of people. That constitutes a significant war to me. 

I can't credit Trump with ANY of the progress in the Middle East (though I can't actually FAULT him either). 

Precisely WHAT "anti-peace globalist narratives" do you see me as pushing, @hacktorp

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

I think hacktorp is really young and doesn't know that there have been US & UK involvment in Afghanistan since the 60's among other things.  @hacktorp  you need to read history from somewhere other than wikipedia.  Actually go to a University library and get some books.

ROFL.. there has been a UK involvement in Afghanistan since the EIGHTEEN-sixties, @Desertrat56 :P 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RoofGardener said:

ROFL.. there has been a UK involvement in Afghanistan since the EIGHTEEN-sixties, @Desertrat56 :P 

I didn't know the exact year, I just know the U.S. was involved in the 60's because I served in the army with guys who were there and were told "you were not in afghanistan."  Of course when they drink they talk.  It was exceedingly disturbing.  There were also places in Africa with the same command "You were never here.".

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

Imagine my surprise...

Ah Ha.  The light bulb finally comes on.  President Trump only pretended to back regime change so it would look like he wasn't in Putin's back pocket. Then after he strutted and crowed for the cameras, Putin gave him the nod and he forgot all about it.  Vlad's boy Don.  Even I didn't believe there was conscious collusion, but you make a pretty good case for it.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I didn't know the exact year, I just know the U.S. was involved in the 60's because I served in the army with guys who were there and were told "you were not in afghanistan."  Of course when they drink they talk.  It was exceedingly disturbing.  There were also places in Africa with the same command "You were never here.".

Well, if you're talking the 1960's, then... wherever the Soviets where, so was the USA (albeit possibly clandestinely). 

I was just pointing out that Britain's involvement in the dismal 'country' of Afghanistan goes back to 1939. We got our asses handed to us THEN, as well ! 

Every nation that has invaded Afghanistan has ended up being kicked out. Look at the CURRENT situation. We went in nominally to get Osama, but whilst there we vowed to kick out the Taliban-led government and install a democracy. 

And guess what ? In 2019 we are in 'peace' negotiations with... The Taliban, who will almost certainly take control again. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

He is neither.  It is called self delusion and misplaced arrogance.

Sounds like projection to me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Well, if you're talking the 1960's, then... wherever the Soviets where, so was the USA (albeit possibly clandestinely). 

I was just pointing out that Britain's involvement in the dismal 'country' of Afghanistan goes back to 1939. We got our asses handed to us THEN, as well ! 

Every nation that has invaded Afghanistan has ended up being kicked out. Look at the CURRENT situation. We went in nominally to get Osama, but whilst there we vowed to kick out the Taliban-led government and install a democracy. 

And guess what ? In 2019 we are in 'peace' negotiations with... The Taliban, who will almost certainly take control again. 

I think that's the problem, the British empire and it's children still have imperialist attitudes.  (I include the U.S, Canada, Australia, South Africa and a few more as children of the British empire)

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I don't know how old you are, Desertrat, but apparently old enough to own a 1960s set of Encyclopedia Britannica...which seems to be where you get your information.

Here is a 10 day-old (very young) article from Lefty-favorite NYT:

Afghan Peace Negotiations Show Signs of Progress

DOHA, Qatar — Afghan government officials plan to meet face-to-face with Taliban representatives for the first time since President Trump began peace negotiations last year, a sign that efforts to end the long war are gaining momentum, American diplomats said on Saturday.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/06/world/asia/afghanistan-war-withdraw-american-troops-peace.html

Maybe you can help Farmer and Roofy out with the big words.