Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pelosi Picks on newly elected women of color

OverSword

17 hours ago, South Alabam said:

So if that was the only news source these people rely upon, they are directly being lied to and manipulated.

You misunderstand the tactic.  You see, all the MSM does is "decode" or fill in the blanks for their viewership.  Kind of lack some here do to my words.  It seems THEY feel that they know better than I what I mean to say :w00t:  I call them out for it and fair-minded members see them for the hypocrites they really are...

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

The primaries should be open to all and not separate based on party.

It seems fair to you to allow the opposition to be allowed to choose who they will run against, does it?  I suspect that technique would backfire as often as it helped.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

The Taliban, who will almost certainly take control again. 

Maybe... but look on the bright side - we have every square inch of that country-shaped rubble pile pre sighted.  :w00t: :gun: 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pixiii said:

The only reason I use the word ridiculous here is because that is exactly how she is portrayed according to the news I see on AOC. 

Here is a great thing about AOC that few other politicians  follow, she makes a statement either positive or negative.  You can like her or dislike her, vote for her or not based on what she says.  She has a point of view.

Most of the politicians are mealy mouth cowards and  say wishy-washy nothing to stay in office, They won't make a statement to reveal how they will vote because if they do they are afraid they will not get re-elected.

President Trump at least says something very definite too.  he gives people a chance to like him or despise him.   He frequently lies, but even those lies are in character.  You know what you are getting. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

Its actually better for Trump if the Democrats are united then divided.  It seems counter productive but a lot of stuff the extreme left of the Democratic party promotes is unpopular with the general US public but they are the ones best at using social media and staying in the spotlight.  By keeping the Democrats united it becomes easier to paint the entire democratic party as backing what the extreme left does even though most of them dont.  If Trump let's the Democratic party divide then he runs the risk of the Democrats essentially being able to exorcise what is really a small and radical group and let most of the Democrats still br able to hold onto enough of the center to be a threat.

Essentially the more united the Democrats are the more far left they appear due to a small radical group that makes them harder to win national elections.

I agree. I was just thinking this. That the more AOC style politicians there are, the further left the Democrat party is seen to be moved. And since the general public moves left/right much slower then politicians. It will insure Republican wins into the near future.

If the Democrat "moderates" manage to seize the discussion back from the radicals, then we'll see the Democrats take power again.

Trump is forcing the Democrat leadership to support the radicals, and thus paint the entire party as further left then it really is. Very shrewd move.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Who "couldn't even denounce the terrorist who just attacked the ICE building"?

Alexander Ocasion-Cortez and Ilhan Omar ! 

• Like 2

Although I believe AOC gave a reluctant, insincere condemnation last night but I'm not positive. I don't think that journalist went far enough. I'd like to see him ask more members of the house. I guarantee most of them would remain silent too.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, and then said:

It seems fair to you to allow the opposition to be allowed to choose who they will run against, does it?  I suspect that technique would backfire as often as it helped.

Does it seem fair to you that almost half the voters don't get to choose who runs in the general election?  And I said we can't continue to support the bipolar polarizing two "parties" that have no interest in representing their constituents.

19 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Does it seem fair to you that almost half the voters don't get to choose who runs in the general election?  And I said we can't continue to support the bipolar polarizing two "parties" that have no interest in representing their constituents.

so what can you REALISTICALLY do to fix that?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

so what can you REALISTICALLY do to fix that?

I can realisticly support the organizations that are trying to change the system state by state so that independent voters have a say in the primaries.  And something I have always done is vote for the 3rd choice when there is one and vote against the incumbent when there isn't.

• Haha 1

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

I can realisticly support the organizations that are trying to change the system state by state so that independent voters have a say in the primaries.  And something I have always done is vote for the 3rd choice when there is one and vote against the incumbent when there isn't.

lamo, what do you think primaries are???   do you realize there is NO primary when there is only 1 candidate from the party up for election, 

do you know that you DO have a say in independent primary, just as dems have a say in dem. primary or reps have a say in rep primary.  

Just now, aztek said:

lamo, what do you think primaries are???   do you realize there is NO primary when there is only 1 candidate from the party up for election, 

do you know that you DO have a say in independent primary, just as dems have a say in dem. primary or reps have a say in rep primary.  

What state holds independent primaries?  My state doesn't and no state I have ever lived in has. 

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

What state holds independent primaries?  My state doesn't and no state I have ever lived in has. 

that would be a good question for the independent party,   which we do have, right?  maybe the reason is that ind. never had more than 1 candidate, thus no need for primaries

are you registered as independent voter in your local board of elections?

9 minutes ago, aztek said:

that would be a good question for the independent party,   which we do have, right?  maybe the reason is that ind. never had more than 1 candidate, thus no need for primaries

are you registered as independent voter in your local board of elections?

You make assumptions without verifying your ideas.  Yes I am registered as independent, registering as independent in most states just means you don't choose democrat or republican or libertarian.  Texas has acknowledged and allowed primaries for the libertarians for  a couple of decades and now since 2015 they are a third party in all states, but in most states that is it.  Independent is not considered a party yet.  Some states have a green party or some other party but it is useless since that party is not recognized in all 50 states.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

You don't know what you are talking about.  Yes I am registered as independent, registering as independent in most states just means you don't choose democrat or republican or libertarian.  Texas has acknowledged and allowed primaries for the libertarians for  a couple of decades and now since 2015 they are a third party in all states, but in most states that is it.  Independent is not considered a party yet.  Some states have a green party or some other party but it is useless since that party is not recognized in all 50 states.

every time you say it, you prove by the post after it that it is you who does not know what she is talking about,  and i noticed it on multiple occasions.  including this one.

The American Independent Party (AIP) is a far right political party in the United States that was established in 1967. 

it IS considered a party, (a hint should be that you can register as independent)  powerless party with 0 seats in both house\senate. a failure of a party, yet it is a party, and you telling me you have been supporting it? lol.  you support a far right party??? that is hilarious

Edited by aztek

1 minute ago, aztek said:

every time you say it, you prove by the post after it that it is you who does not know what she is talking about,  and i noticed it on multiple occasions.  including this one.

it IS considered a party, powerless party with 0 seats in both house\senate. a failure of a party, yet it is a party, and you telling me you have been supporting it? lol.  you support a far right party??? that is hilarious

Then why don't we have primaries.  Why are the independent canidates not on the ballot.  So where have the been since 1967?  What happened?  I have been voting since 1974 and I have never seen anything bout the Independent party anywhere.  So perhaps it is like the green party other fringe parties that never got off the ground.

6 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Then why don't we have primaries.  Why are the independent canidates not on the ballot.  So where have the been since 1967?  What happened?  I have been voting since 1974 and I have never seen anything bout the Independent party anywhere.  So perhaps it is like the green party other fringe parties that never got off the ground.

those are excellent questions to ask   independent party leaders.  

here is their address, feel free to drop a line

476 Deodara St.
Vacaville, California 95688

let us know what they say, 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just some info for folks... This is how it works for ballot access for major and minor party candidates. This site has all the different states and what their requirements are, no two states are completely alike: https://ballotpedia.org/Ballot_access_for_major_and_minor_party_candidates

A much cheesier site that does a quick job explaining the different kinds of primaries: https://independentvoterproject.org/take-action/learn

And a bit more info about different kinds of primaries: https://www.fairvote.org/open_and_closed_primaries

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, aztek said:

those are excellent questions to ask   independent party leaders.  

here is their address, feel free to drop a line

476 Deodara St.
Vacaville, California 95688

let us know what they say, 

Are you asking me to do your homework?

11 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Are you asking me to do your homework?

my homework????   i could not care less about independents, it is you who are interested in them. 

it IS your homework, those are your questions and concerns,  me, otoh,  i do not buy into political reality show, not enough to take it seriously.

1 minute ago, aztek said:

my homework????   i could not care less about independents, it is you who are interested in them. 

it IS your homework, those are your questions and concerns,  me, otoh,  i do not buy into political reality show, not enough to take it seriously.

But you are the one trying to prove me wrong so it is your homework.  I don't care what you think.

17 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

He literally said "go back and fix the countries you came from", which is what 3 of them are literally trying to do.   The other has made the U.S. her home and is also trying to fix it.  :lol:

Actually, he never used the word "countries " nor the word "Africa" which some news sources added.

2 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

But you are the one trying to prove me wrong so it is your homework.  I don't care what you think.

Contrary to trying to prove you wrong, he's been trying to educate you about the party you claim to belong to.