Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pelosi Picks on newly elected women of color

OverSword

3 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Uhhh... to my knowledge the original tweet in question called out, "Progressive Democrat Congresswoman". Who it was written to was assumed. Trump latter went after them by name, but the original tweet had no names.

So interesting to see “Progressive” Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly......

Clearly "women" - plural

I'm not sure why so many people are having trouble reading his actual words. They're clearly written down - there's no ambiguity.

Edited by Arbenol
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Arbenol said:

So interesting to see “Progressive” Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly......

Clearly "women" - plural

I'm not sure why so many people are having trouble reading his actual words. They're clearly written down - there's no ambiguity.

So is your need to quote me based on my use of "woman" rather then "women". If so, I am going to blame autocorrect. Because I intended the plural. 

Wow you told me. I'm in the grammar slammer.

2 hours ago, DieChecker said:

So is your need to quote me based on my use of "woman" rather then "women". If so, I am going to blame autocorrect. Because I intended the plural. 

Wow you told me. I'm in the grammar slammer.

Fair enough. In that case I apologise.

I should have realised. You're generally not one for reinventing Trump quotes.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Uhhh... to my knowledge the original tweet in question called out, "Progressive Democrat Congresswoman". Who it was written to was assumed. Trump latter went after them by name, but the original tweet had no names.

So we should have considered the possibility that Trump was referring only to Ilhan Omar and Pramila Jayapal, right?

• Like 1

I think he was going down Omar's throat without actually singling her out.

A Marxist Jew hater... now *that's* the type of gal the dems can be proud of! She hates Jarod Kushner…?  let her face the music.

• Haha 1

can i just chime in and say that when someone begins a sentence with " as a person of color" what they are really saying is, "hey if you disagree with me its because you are white"

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

So we should have considered the possibility that Trump was referring only to Ilhan Omar and Pramila Jayapal, right?

My point is, how can we know unless Trump tells us what he means. 

I'd tend to agree those are who he meant, but that is not what he wrote.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

That is expecting Trump to know what he meant.  :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

That is expecting Trump to know what he meant.  :lol:

True!!! He probably doesn't know what he is posting half the time... :P

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pbarosso said:

can i just chime in and say that when someone begins a sentence with " as a person of color" what they are really saying is, "hey if you disagree with me its because you are white"

Exactly...they are relying on that as a minority. They are not the only freshmen there. Why do they only have people of color in their little clique?

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Exactly...they are relying on that as a minority. The are not the only freshmen there. Why do they only have people of color in their little clique?

I'm a person of color, mostly pink and beige.  Those are colors.  We are all "persons of color" one way or another, whether we want to claim it for our skin tone or our personality.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

I'm a person of color, mostly pink and beige.  Those are colors.  We are all "persons of color" one way or another, whether we want to claim it for our skin tone or our personality.

And of course, DR, we who were born of those despicable colors are totally responsible for that!  Or so say the self loathing liberals.

Just now, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

And of course, DR, we who were born of those despicable colors are totally responsible for that!  Or so say the self loathing liberals.

Why do you use the word "liberals" every time you respond to a post? It makes you seem like you sit at home and watch Fox news 24/7 and never talk to real person.  What is it you are really angry about?  Did you loose a promotion to a woman who happened to have darker skin than you?  You don't really think pink and beige are despicable colors and your response had nothing to do with what I said so get over yourself, get a grip, get some fresh air or talk to a human face to face for longer than it takes to give your order at the drive through.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Why do you use the word "liberals" every time you respond to a post? It makes you seem like you sit at home and watch Fox news 24/7 and never talk to real person.  What is it you are really angry about?  Did you loose a promotion to a woman who happened to have darker skin than you?  You don't really think pink and beige are despicable colors and your response had nothing to do with what I said so get over yourself, get a grip, get some fresh air or talk to a human face to face for longer than it takes to give your order at the drive through.

He could be alluding to the reaction to the slogan "IT'S OK TO BE WHITE".

Trump's remarks are clearly racially orientated.  Whether he's personally a racist or being misunderstood is not the point.  What he said has now divided people into race debates which, as a leader of a country who is supposed to represent all citizens, irrelevant of which gender, color, demography etc. is probably the worst thing you could do but, IMO, what he tried to do was 1) divide the Democratic Party between the Pelosi's feud and the 'squad' and 2) reinforce the beliefs in Republican supporters (and maybe some Democrats) that immigrants or sons and daughters of immigrants (with American passports) are unpatriotic.  He's already in election mode.

The problem that Ilhan Omar brings to the Democrat cause isn't the fact that she is born overseas or that she's a Muslim but that she uses her political position to promote the boycott of another country (the Jewish State) for it's discrimination towards Palestinians, which, being a critic of the Zionist leadership myself I agree with, but ignores other injustices perpetrated by Islamic countries in the middle East for their abuses against women, other religions, Gays and other Humanitarian issues.  In other words she doesn't use her privileged position to freely speak out in a western democracy against many other injustices but just the one that concerns someone of Islamic belief.  She's wasting her time IMO because the general public won't buy into it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Michelle said:

Exactly...they are relying on that as a minority. They are not the only freshmen there. Why do they only have people of color in their little clique?

People like this really make a huge effort to firmly establish themselves within that "Minority/Victim Category", so the public will not fight back for fear of having this particular group's keywords thrown back at them ...... with words usually ending in "ist" and "phobe".  They're utterly unapologetic towards others and offer very little in the whole scheme of things.  People are only taking notice of them because they're screaming out the loudest.  I'll bet Pelosi is developing a bald spot from pulling her hair out though. :lol: 

Oh I came across this today when looking at Omar info...I must warn you beforehand, it's very right wing.  But if you don't take offense at things easily and you enjoy a bit of a laugh, then you may enjoy it :) 

Edited by pixiii
  • Like 5

32 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

Trump's remarks are clearly racially orientated.

I personally don't think he meant it to be racially orientated.  I think he just tweets whatever comes to mind and whatever comes out simply riles up the Dems and has them screaming bloody murder for the next few days.  Meanwhile, he's already well and truly moved on from that tweet and onto the next thing, but the Dems get stuck on one drama and run with it.  It's rather comical and at least it's more exciting than here.  Oz politics is like a snorefest in comparsion.  Do we still have the same Priminister since the last election or have they kicked that one out and got a new one again? :lol: 

• Like 2

On 7/12/2019 at 3:49 AM, aztek said:

never imagined i would defend pelosi,  but here we go, i do in this case, she is correct to call out stupid improper behavior, AOc is absolutely wrong to make it about race, but then what else do you expect a racist to say,

You're only defending Pelosi because in your mind, she represents the lesser of the two "evils" and not some "improper' behaviour. Trump is the king of improper behaviour but you never bring that up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Perhaps it's not code for something else.

Perhaps people need to stop trying to look for alternative meanings to every single thing he tweets or people will end up giving themselves an aneurysm over it. ;)  

What ever happened to taking things with a grain of salt? :D

Edited by pixiii
  • Like 4

42 minutes ago, pixiii said:

What ever happened to taking things with a grain of salt? :D

It's been two plus years and it STILL surprises me when people are offended by Trump .Like it is the first time he has offended someone on Twitter.

And Pelosi and the Democrats vote yet again to be offended....

Can't they vote on something actually useful for a change?

Edited by DieChecker
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, pixiii said:

People like this really make a huge effort to firmly establish themselves within that "Minority/Victim Category", so the public will not fight back for fear of having this particular group's keywords thrown back at them ...... with words usually ending in "ist" and "phobe".  They're utterly unapologetic towards others and offer very little in the whole scheme of things.  People are only taking notice of them because they're screaming out the loudest.  I'll bet Pelosi is developing a bald spot from pulling her hair out though. :lol: 

Oh I came across this today when looking at Omar info...I must warn you beforehand, it's very right wing.  But if you don't take offense at things easily and you enjoy a bit of a laugh, then you may enjoy it :) 

I don't very much get into the whole Israel side of things,but this woman constantly comes across as a virtue signaling pile of human garbage!

The other one from "the squad" is in the same dumpster pile as her that being Tlaib...it was funny watching the 4 of them being interviewed and watching Tlaib keep talking over and preventing the other idiots from being able to voice their own opinions lol...

That woman really does need to go back to where she came from (Detroit) and fix that almost 3rd world s*** hole Dems like her have spent the last 50 years creating!

I can picture Pelosi tearing her hair out :lol:

Edited by CrimsonKing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Can't they vote on something actually useful for a change?

No...

Much like the zombies one can encounter on here,Trump lives in the Dems heads in Congress rent free!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Black Red Devil said:

Trump's remarks are clearly racially orientated.  Whether he's personally a racist or being misunderstood is not the point.  What he said has now divided people into race debates which, as a leader of a country who is supposed to represent all citizens, irrelevant of which gender, color, demography etc. is probably the worst thing you could do but, IMO, what he tried to do was 1) divide the Democratic Party between the Pelosi's feud and the 'squad' and 2) reinforce the beliefs in Republican supporters (and maybe some Democrats) that immigrants or sons and daughters of immigrants (with American passports) are unpatriotic.  He's already in election mode.

The problem that Ilhan Omar brings to the Democrat cause isn't the fact that she is born overseas or that she's a Muslim but that she uses her political position to promote the boycott of another country (the Jewish State) for it's discrimination towards Palestinians, which, being a critic of the Zionist leadership myself I agree with, but ignores other injustices perpetrated by Islamic countries in the middle East for their abuses against women, other religions, Gays and other Humanitarian issues.  In other words she doesn't use her privileged position to freely speak out in a western democracy against many other injustices but just the one that concerns someone of Islamic belief.  She's wasting her time IMO because the general public won't buy into it.

I hear ya,and i honestly have no problem stating what Trump said was ill worded and possibly unintentionally stupid...he may have very well thought all 4 were foreign born,he's not the best at studying his subjects of interest before his mouth starts spilling out words!

The other side of things though that annoy me is when people call him the "Divider in Chief" is in the US or actually western society as a whole is the runnaway train of EVERYONE openly dividing themselves into groups and trying to avoid any kind of criticism from those with different views...for example,the recent womens world cup...if you didn't like the excessive showboating and attention *****ing from Rapinoe "it was because she's a lesbian and a woman!"

Don't like or agree with "the squad"...it's not because you can't stand their views no,no,no it's because they are "women of color" and for one to disagree with them clearly means one is racist against them and trying to hold women back aswell!"

It was the same way when one disagreed with Obama...

We REALLY started dividing ourselves up about 20 years before Trump.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Trump's a genius.  

Best President ever.

Diversity is our strength. President Donald J Trump challenges it every day.. the first amendment rules!!!

God bless the USA!!! 

• Haha 2

I just can't believe they don't get together and actually figure things out rather than finding things to whine about continuously.  Is this the way it's going to be till 2020 do you think?  Do both sides normally carry on like this for the 4 years of an administration?  Surely not, or nothing would EVER get done. :(

• Thanks 1