Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pelosi Picks on newly elected women of color

OverSword

25 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Sigghhh no she didnt she called the racists and misogynists within trump's base deplorables.

I mean im sure you know this but just in case theres the rest of the story

Really?  Care to quote what she said instead of how you want to interpret it?

2 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Inspiring? Only a narcissistic is inspired by what they see in a mirror. On the other hand, if the Left continues it's one dimensional myopic take on this very complex man, they're going to get him elected, a-gain.  This guy knows how to work a room. History will know him as "The Great Manipulator."

Well the one thing I wont argue about is the reelection part the dude can work a room. The rest is a hilarious continuation of that graduate level excuse making.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Really?  Care to quote what she said instead of how you want to interpret it?

Sure

You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump's supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. (Laughter/applause) Right? (Laughter/applause) They're racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic – Islamophobic – you name it. And unfortunately, there are people like that. And he has lifted them up. He has given voice to their websites that used to only have 11,000 people – now have 11 million. He tweets and retweets their offensive hateful mean-spirited rhetoric. Now, some of those folks – they are irredeemable, but thankfully, they are not America.

But the "other" basket – the other basket – and I know because I look at this crowd I see friends from all over America here: I see friends from Florida and Georgia and South Carolina and Texas and — as well as, you know, New York and California — but that "other" basket of people are people who feel the government has let them down, the economy has let them down, nobody cares about them, nobody worries about what happens to their lives and their futures; and they're just desperate for change. It doesn't really even matter where it comes from. They don't buy everything he says, but — he seems to hold out some hope that their lives will be different. They won't wake up and see their jobs disappear, lose a kid to heroin, feel like they're in a dead-end. Those are people we have to understand and empathize with as well.

— Hillary Clinton, CBS News[9]

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Sure

So just a quarter of the people in the country instead of half.  Nice.  She's the most deplorable person not in prison in the country.  Just saying.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, OverSword said:

The term Yankee go home is a Japanese saying protesting our presence in their land after the war. Link So you are wrong.  Trump using the phrase he did is magnitudes more offensive especially considering it's origin.  As for the rest of your post why are you assigning a meaning to what he said?  If he meant to say "If you don't love this country you're free to go" why not just say that?  If you're seriously going to defend what he said you must be a bit of a psycho.  Is he a friend of yours?  Do you know him?  Have you met him?  He's a D-bag, plain and simple.  While I won't go as far as simply saying he is a racist that was a racist thing to say. 

Don't you feel your chain being jerked? You are reacting to his machinations like a puppet on a string. Parlor room shock and awe are his weapons of choice. He wants people to choose sides, to be offended and take offense of people being offended or not being offended. His intent is to polarize, cater to his base, to disambiguate. This was his campaign strategy the first time around and now, he's doing it again.

Edited by Hammerclaw

3 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Don't you feel your chain being jerked? You are reacting to his machinations like a puppet on a string

I don't think I am.  For one thing I don't EVER vote democrat.  I'm simply passing judgment on this one tweet in this case.  It was a thoughtless thing to put out on the internet and only a dumb ass would do so.  edit:  It was/is a racist statement.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3

Just now, OverSword said:

So just a quarter of the people in the country instead of half.  Nice.  She's the most deplorable person not in prison in the country.  Just saying.

Not a fan of hers but still like the truth.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Well the one thing I wont argue about is the reelection part the dude can work a room. The rest is a hilarious continuation of that graduate level excuse making.

What excuse? It's simple observation and your knee-jerk reaction is exactly what he wants from his opposition. He drags his opponents down to his level and beats them with experience.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Don't you feel your chain being jerked? You are reacting to his machinations like a puppet on a string. Parlor room shock and awe is weapons of choice. He wants people to choose sides, to be offended and take offense of people being offended or not be offended. His intent is to polarize, cater to his base, to disambiguate. This was his campaign strategy the first time around and now, he's doing it again.

So his goal is to ...Balkanize?

gettyimages-1000192452.jpg

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I don't think I am.  For one thing I don't EVER vote democrat.  I'm simply passing judgment on this one tweet in this case.  It was a thoughtless thing to put out on the internet and only a dumb ass would do so.  edit:  It was/is a racist statement.

No, it was done with MUCH thought and most of his supporter agree with it. "If you don't love America, don't let the door hit you on the backside, on the way out.'

Just now, Hammerclaw said:

No, it was done with MUCH thought and most of his supporter agree with it. "If you don't love America, don't let the door hit you on the backside, on the way out.'

Which is quite ironic considering his American carnage rhetoric.

His supporters are rooting for people to be kicked out of the country for acting just like him. Weird what could be the difference between the two? Hmmmmmmmmm  

3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

So his goal is to ...Balkanize?

gettyimages-1000192452.jpg

No, his goal is this sort of ineffectual, moronic response. You're on his level, now and he's better at it than you.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

I agree with the bolded. However, it was clearly a dog whistle that most of his supporters heard and agree with unfortunately.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Yeah, go back where you came from....I mean sure that was mainly the USA but, whatever, you're brown so there must be somewhere.  Not racist at all.

No, his goal is this sort of ineffectual, moronic response. Your on his level, now and he's better at it than you.

Its absolutely worked. He has convinced his base that facts, figures hell even science arent real and dont matter. Nothing left to do but have some fun til the gig is up (for America I mean) .

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Which is quite ironic considering his American carnage rhetoric.

His supporters are rooting for people to be kicked out of the country for acting just like him. Weird what could be the difference between the two? Hmmmmmmmmm  

No, they're being confronted by their own absurdity and laughing at it. That's something Liberals have a difficult time doing They don't like to laugh at themselves.

Just now, Robotic Jew said:

I agree with the bolded. However, it was clearly a dog whistle that most of his supporters heard and agree with unfortunately.

Mmmmm..No.  The people that are usually supporting him on this site are not commenting on this subject.  There's really only two.  The man from Tennessee and the eternal contrarian from NY.  The usual suspects are not here trying to argue the sentiment is not racist.

No, they're being confronted by their own absurdity and laughing at it. That's something Liberals have a difficult time doing They don't like to laugh at themselves.

LMAO again with the excuses. They are celebrating being allowed and even encouraged to forcefully voice the deeply hidden feelings they have. They arent laughing they are celebrating and every excuse you make about this being strategy rings like hollow propaganda  when you arent saying that the strategy is to stoke racial fears. It has been since birtherism, its just become more open the more steps he makes without reproach from his base.

2 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

Yes and no. The thought is acceptable, but acting on it is ludicrous, at the same time. It would be " unamerican." He gets to be politically incorrect, for them and they like that.

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Mmmmm..No.  The people that are usually supporting him on this site are not commenting on this subject.  There's really only two.  The man from Tennessee and the eternal contrarian from NY.  The usual suspects are not here trying to argue the sentiment is not racist.

Diechecker was working pretty hard to claim they werent racist as well

Just now, Farmer77 said:

Diechecker was working pretty hard to claim they werent racist as well

He's the man from Tennessee.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

He's the man from Tennessee.

Weird why did I think he was in the NW?

Just now, Farmer77 said:

LMAO again with the excuses. They are celebrating being allowed and even encouraged to forcefully voice the deeply hidden feelings they have. They arent laughing they are celebrating and every excuse you make about this being strategy rings like hollow propaganda  when you arent saying that the strategy is to stoke racial fears. It has been since birtherism, its just become more open the more steps he makes without reproach from his base.

No, honesty isn't propaganda, just simple truth which the Left fears and wants to suppress, as your sort of smokescreen of denials illustrates. Not being in the position to dictate what is acceptable to think or say scares the hell out of you guys.

15 hours ago, OverSword said:

But it wasn’t, was it. It was about Hispanic, African and Middle Eastern Americans and if you really think that makes no difference you’re wrong.

What I find interesting is that he did not include our native women who just got elected in that group.  Maybe he does understand something, just not enough, or it was a purposeful incitement to more anger and division.

2 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

What I find interesting is that he did not include our native women who just got elected in that group.  Maybe he does understand something, just not enough, or it was a purposeful incitement to more anger and division.

More likely wasn't aware.

• Haha 1