Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pelosi Picks on newly elected women of color

OverSword

Just now, Hammerclaw said:

No, honesty isn't propaganda, just simple truth which the Left fears and wants to suppress, as your sort of smokescreen of denials illustrates. Not being in the position to dictate what is acceptable to think or say scares the hell out of you guys.

No dude a society full of *******s does.

LOl @ the "you guys" comment. I would have agreed with your hyperbole a couple of years ago. The constant and blatant stream of lies from Trump and Trumpians really made me reexamine alot of political beliefs I had and the facts have certainly pushed me to the left.

Does anyone really think that if Quad Squad were all WASPs but doing exactly the same thing, Trump would have spared them? No, he wouldn't have and you guys would have just changed your accusations from Racist to Sexist.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Does anyone really think that if Quad Squad were all WASPs but doing exactly the same thing, Trump would have spared them? No, he wouldn't have and you guys would have just changed your accusations from Racist to Sexist.

Only if he had told them to go back to the kitchen, and then it would have been true.  You see, not all insults are equal.

6 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Of course.  I thought it was sexist to begin with.  But the media is giving those women a lot more attention than they are the young men who got elected that have less fair skin than Donald does.  It is a circus and we are all playing along, enjoying the show and hating on each other.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Only if he had told them to go back to the kitchen, and then it would have been true.  You see, not all insults are equal.

They most certainly are not. When Republicans do it, it's called "polarizing" and "divisive". When Democrats do it, it's called "energizing their base".

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Of course.  I thought it was sexist to begin with.  But the media is giving those women a lot more attention than they are the young men who got elected that have less fair skin than Donald does.  It is a circus and we are all playing along, enjoying the show and hating on each other.

Just the misfortunate few. For all the rest, it's just politics as usual and relatively lame, compared to the Summer of '68.

President Trump on US cities:

Atlanta: "falling apart"

Baltimore: "A filthy place"

Chicago: "totally out of control"

Philadelphia: "struggling"

San Francisco: "disgusting, barely recognizable." 

He did not mention his home town New York City, but some of you have.  In support of the President you have written that one can't  build in New York City without dealing with the mafia.    When a billionaire and future president is forced to deal with the mafia to build a building would you say that is disgusting, crime infested, and out of control? 

Where is all of the law and order sentiment when it come to our President having to deal with organized crime to make a living?  

Shouldn't the President , as President of all the United States be leading us to clean up our cities  rather than just take cheap shots?

On the other hand:

Moscow:  "a great city"  "an amazing place" 

Maybe  he doesn't like it here and should just leave.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

How in the hell does that make what he did say any less racist? LMAO again with the excuses

4 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

President Trump on US cities:

Atlanta: "falling apart"

Baltimore: "A filthy place"

Chicago: "totally out of control"

Philadelphia: "struggling"

San Francisco: "disgusting, barely recognizable." 

He did not mention his home town New York City, but some of you have.  In support of the President you have written that one can't  build in New York City without dealing with the mafia.    When a billionaire and future president is forced to deal with the mafia to build a building would you say that is disgusting, crime infested, and out of control? 

Where is all of the law and order sentiment when it come to our President having to deal with organized crime to make a living?  

Shouldn't the President , as President of all the United States be leading us to clean up our cities  rather than just take cheap shots?

On the other hand:

Moscow:  "a great city"  "an amazing place" 

Maybe  he doesn't like it here and should just leave.

What would he say of Albuquerque?  Only city in Mexico you can visit without a passport?  :lol:

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

They most certainly are not. When Republicans do it, it's called "polarizing" and "divisive". When Democrats do it, it's called "energizing their base".

And when you're telling Americans with brown skin to go back to their countries it's racist.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

How in the hell does that make what he did say any less racist? LMAO again with the excuses

*Yawn* Whenever a Republican criticizes a person of color, they're invariably called "Racist". You guys have cheapened the word until it is virtually meaningless. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Nope.  He would have found any way to humiliate them; short, ugly, stupid, can't get girls, loser, just like any other high school bully who is a master at making other people feel bad to build himself up.

Not a word about issues.  Not reasons or intelligent arguments, just name calling.

Is it really that American to glorify and make excuses for an overgrown high school bully?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

*Yawn* Whenever a Republican criticizes a person of color, they're invariably called "Racist". You guys have cheapened the word until it is virtually meaningless. 

Youre largely right. 

This is just about the worse case scenario they screamed racist for so long that when an actual one appears the spite in your eyes keep you from seeing it.

• Like 1

Just now, OverSword said:

And when you're telling Americans with brown skin to go back to their countries it's racist.

Yeah, as if he wouldn't have said the same thing if they'd all been French. I guess he'd be disparaged as a  Nationalist, then.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

Wrong.  If he had said "these women hate America, maybe they should move to a country they love"  That wouldn't have been racist.

• Like 1

Wrong.  If he had said "these women hate America, maybe they should move to a country they love"  That wouldn't have been racist.

Of course it would have--the Left would have it so, regardless.

Yeah, as if he wouldn't have said the same thing if they'd all been French. I guess he'd be disparaged as a  Nationalist, then.

If they had all been from France, perhaps he would have.  But these people are all American born except one and she is a legal citizen.

If they had all been from France, perhaps he would have.  But these people are all American born except one and she is a legal citizen.

So what? I can think of any number of white Americans I'd invite to leave. 

• Like 1

How quickly this thread turned from Nancy Pelosi picking on women of color to Trump. :rolleyes:

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 1

Of course it would have--the Left would have it so, regardless.

They may have screamed racist but they would have been wrong.  That does not give him a pass to say actual racist remarks with impunity.  Look around this site if you want and search for me criticizing his stupid tweets.  I usually laugh.  Maybe it says something about you that you can't admit this was unacceptably racist.  It would fit the stereotype  of people from your neck of the woods.  My fathers family is from there on the paternal side and stuff came out of their mouths that you don't generally hear around hear that's for sure.

• Like 1

Back to their countries?  Right. ;)

2 minutes ago, Michelle said:

How quickly this thread turned from Nancy Pelosi picking on women of color to Trump. :rolleyes:

Thats one of the few true political miscalculations I think he's made. His tweet not only turned this thread from Nancy pelosi picking on AOC and friends, it turned the national conversation from that AND seemed to have galvanized the women together.

I think they may have eaten each other alive if he hadnt sent that tweet.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

I have actually told people that. Apparently, since the person was white it was okay, but I have the same sentiment towards "people of color". Color doesn't generally even enter my mind and that seems to be all some people care about.

• Like 1

They may have screamed racist but they would have been wrong.  That does not give him a pass to say actual racist remarks with impunity.  Look around this site if you want and search for me criticizing his stupid tweets.  I usually laugh.  Maybe it says something about you that you can't admit this was unacceptably racist.  It would fit the stereotype  of people from your neck of the woods.  My fathers family is from there on the paternal side and stuff came out of their mouths that you don't generally hear around hear that's for sure.

Well, we're not taught down here to be apologetic about being white. We are just as entitled to have ethnic pride as an other ethnic group. It's only natural to be prejudiced in favor of one's own group and antipathetical to people in opposition to one's group. We even formalize and ritualize this behavior in sports. To us, white people of "your neck of the woods" seem brainwashed, emasculated and conditioned to hate themselves and be ashamed of their ethnicity. 

15 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

I've learned it's skin or gender of preference with many of them...that is all THEY can see...

When i here people on tv screaming about Trumps "Trumps trying to divide Americans"...we've been doing a damn good job of that on our own long before Trump...

The people on TV have been doing a damn fine job of it.

• Like 1