Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pelosi Picks on newly elected women of color

OverSword

59 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Weird why did I think he was in the NW?

I'm in Oregon. :yes:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Well, we're not taught down here to be apologetic about being white. We are just as entitled to have ethnic pride as an other ethnic group. It's only natural to be prejudiced in favor of one's own group and antipathetical to people in opposition to one's group. We even formalize and ritualize this behavior in sports. To us, white people of "your neck of the woods" seem brainwashed, emasculated and conditioned to hate themselves and be ashamed of their ethnicity. 

As far as brainwashed emasculated, lately I would agree due to the large number of effeminate tech industry employees that have immigrated here.  But people from here?  No.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

Does anyone really think that if Quad Squad were all WASPs but doing exactly the same thing, Trump would have spared them? No, he wouldn't have and you guys would have just changed your accusations from Racist to Sexist.

100% I believe this. 

Edited by DieChecker

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

But people from here?  No.

Lumberjacks and dockhands are infamous for their femininity

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I'm in Oregon. :yes:

My bad I was thinking Hammerclaw.

• Like 1

Just now, Farmer77 said:

Dude.   I was in a band called Assault & Battery :lol:

• Haha 2

Nobody ever brings up the fact that that these "women of color" have formed their own little clique away from the white members. I find that racist.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Diechecker was working pretty hard to claim they werent racist as well

I didnt start that way. I asked HOW the tweet was determined to be racist. And no one would answer. I had to go to Conservative commentators to find out it was about African nations of origin, because CNN, MSNBC, Vox, Slate and others must have thought it went without saying.

I was saying Trump was being stupid with his tweet. His overall history shows he just throws insults, but he's not an open racist. I don't believe he's even a subliminal racist.

I do think, like I said in one of my earlier posts, that given the follow up tweets, a good argument of racist wording can be made. But the first tweet, racism is implied by those who want to see it there. Correctly, as it seems, but assumed none the less. And racist in that it was a badly worded tweet posted in ignorance of the background of these women.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Nobody ever brings up the fact that that these "women of color" have formed their own little clique away from the white members. I find that racist.

Even the Congressional Black Caucus is turning against them. I bet several of them now regret hooking their future to AOC and/or Omar.

Several of these women are going to face more then usual hardships getting reelected.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, OverSword said:

My bad I was thinking Hammerclaw.

Not an insult! I like many of his posts. No problems...

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Which does nothing to excuse making racists comments about them, which is really the point.  People denying Trumps tweet was racist are being stupid.  Period.  Stand alone statement coming up, that is without conditions such as "but they are/said this or that". 

The tweet by trump telling brown Americans to go back to their country was racist.  The expression telling people to go back to their country/continent origin is steeped in racism. 

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DieChecker said:

Not an insult! I like many of his posts. No problems...

So do I but not in this case.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

His overall history shows he just throws insults, but he's not an open racist. I don't believe he's even a subliminal racist.

His overall history is replete with racism amigo, from racist renting and hiring practices to admitting he said blacks are lazy and shouldnt handle his money to the central park 5 to pretending to not know david duke so he didnt have to disavow him to the judge of mexican descent who couldnt do his job because of race to repealing police reforms in cities he now calls unlivable while telling cops to not be gentle with suspects to very fine people in charlottesville. 

He is and always has been singing a symphony of racist tropes.

19 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

His overall history is replete with racism amigo, from racist renting and hiring practices to admitting he said blacks are lazy and shouldnt handle his money to the central park 5 to pretending to not know david duke so he didnt have to disavow him to the judge of mexican descent who couldnt do his job because of race to repealing police reforms in cities he now calls unlivable while telling cops to not be gentle with suspects to very fine people in charlottesville. 

He is and always has been singing a symphony of racist tropes.

And yet he has many black/minorities working for him. Has good relationships with many minorities. Apparently he's only racist toward Democrats and those he thinks are losers?

I think he just says stupid stuff. There probably isn't a "trope" he hasn't used.

Is there a white politician who isnt racist? I've known a community college professor who said that a white people are racist. That they can't help it. And they can do nothing about it. Except act out of guilt whenever a minority is involved... apparently.

I'm not dismissing the casual racism, but I am saying it was societal and was accepted for the longest time. Does that make it ok? No. But it doesn't mean that what was normal should be held up to the far left's current litmus test.

Edited by DieChecker

40 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Extreme thread drift.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

Of course it would have--the Left would have it so, regardless.

What do you care what the Left says.  They are not in charge.

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

So just a quarter of the people in the country instead of half.  Nice.  She's the most deplorable person not in prison in the country.  Just saying.

One eighth? Only half the people voted, right?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DieChecker said:

I'm not dismissing the casual racism, but I am saying it was societal and was accepted for the longest time. Does that make it ok? No. But it doesn't mean that what was normal should be held up to the far left's current litmus test.

WHAT? So if he were (i know the number is outlandish) 150 years old we would be OK with him arguing in favor of slavery?

No society evolves and our society had evolved to a place where public racism wasnt acceptable and should be treated as such regardless of who is spewing it or why.

24 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

very fine people in charlottesville.

I get so tired of people spreading lies. Even USA Today and CNN have admitted that was misrepresented. Here is the full quote...

Sure, Donald Trump said there were 'fine people on both sides' but in the next breath he condemned 'neo-Nazis and White nationalists.' Don't leave that out.

Here's a more complete quote:

"You had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. ... I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name. ... So you know what, it's fine. You're changing history. You're changing culture. And you had people — and I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the White nationalists, because they should be condemned totally — but you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and White nationalists. Okay? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly. Now, in the other group also, you had some fine people. But you also had troublemakers, and you see them come with the black outfits and with the helmets and with the baseball bats. You had a lot of bad people in the other group."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2019/04/26/joe-biden-donald-trump-charlotttesville-fine-people-neo-nazis-column/3588970002/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Read part of this while I was googling this subject...

Link

During a panel discussion at the Netroots Nation convention in Philadelphia, Rep. Ayanna Pressley took a shot at the CBC. "I don’t want to bring a chair to an old table. This is the time to shake the table. This is the time to redefine that table. Because if you're going to come to this table, all of you who have aspirations of running for office," the Massachusetts Democrat said on Saturday. "If you’re not prepared to come to that table and represent that voice, don’t come, because we don’t need any more brown faces that don’t want to be a brown voice."

"We don’t need black faces that don’t want to be a black voice," she said. "We don’t need Muslims that don’t want to be a Muslim voice. We don’t need queers that don’t want to be a queer voice. If you’re worried about being marginalized and stereotyped, please don’t even show up because we need you to represent that voice."

So black, Latino, Islamic, or gay people, need not apply, unless they are militant? People can't just be people. Blacks must represent being black. Gays must represent being gay.

That, to me, seems more racist then what Trump wrote. I thought the goal was everyone being colorblind. But colorblind is RACIST in today's political discussions.

Brought to you by Squad member Rep Pressley.

Pelosi did not take well to this speech, and so she was also labeled a racist.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

And when you're telling Americans with brown skin to go back to their countries it's racist.

When your fixated color on or ethnicity, that racist and you don't seem to have a problem doing it.

3 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I get so tired of people spreading lies. Even USA Today and CNN have admitted that was misrepresented. Here is the full quote...

Sure, Donald Trump said there were 'fine people on both sides' but in the next breath he condemned 'neo-Nazis and White nationalists.' Don't leave that out.

And from Mr Farmer, who just chided people about not posting the whole contex just the previous page of this thread.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Yeah im not spreading a lie. There were no fine people marching with nazis just scum. If you cant recognize that you should probably do a deep examination as to why

Just now, DieChecker said:

And from Mr Farmer, who just chided people about not posting the whole contex just the previous page of this thread.

No I know the context it doesnt change in the slightest. If you march with Nazis you are scum holy hell that seems like a basic American tenet

12 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

One eighth? Only half the people voted, right?

Oh, so just 41 million of her fellow Americans are deplorable.  That's so much better :innocent:

• Like 1