Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pelosi Picks on newly elected women of color

OverSword

3 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

It is here. They don't even get tobacco. 

Yeah, they don't get tobacco anywhere officially.  Just watch a few interviews with former inmates, there's a ton of them on youtube.

• Like 1

Just now, OverSword said:

Yeah, they don't get tobacco anywhere officially.  Just watch a few interviews with former inmates, there's a ton of them on youtube.

You've never been to our county workhouse. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hammerclaw said:

You've never been to our county workhouse. 

Have you? :gun:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Have you? :gun:

My great uncle was incarcerated there, and several friends. I've visited the place several times. It's a short timer installation; you do your 11/29 and leave. Very few people want to extend their stay albeit some of the more pitiful homeless manage to. It may represent the first stable environment they've ever known. Some even gain employment. A large prison, such as Petros, is quite another matter. Things slip through the cracks there, much more frequently.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

President Trump on US cities:

Atlanta: "falling apart"

Baltimore: "A filthy place"

Chicago: "totally out of control"

Philadelphia: "struggling"

San Francisco: "disgusting, barely recognizable." 

He did not mention his home town New York City, but some of you have.  In support of the President you have written that one can't  build in New York City without dealing with the mafia.    When a billionaire and future president is forced to deal with the mafia to build a building would you say that is disgusting, crime infested, and out of control? 

Where is all of the law and order sentiment when it come to our President having to deal with organized crime to make a living?  

Shouldn't the President , as President of all the United States be leading us to clean up our cities  rather than just take cheap shots?

On the other hand:

Moscow:  "a great city"  "an amazing place" 

Maybe  he doesn't like it here and should just leave.

Political Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

I think you are trying to prove a point rather than actually believing that.

I think they are a group of first or second generation Americans from some impoverished backgrounds trying to get a piece of the American dream, just like all immigrants before them.  One difference is that when the Irish were getting the worst jobs for the worst pay and living in rat infested slums, there were no Irishmen in Congress.  The Celts don't have a reputation for backing away from an argument.  If Piney's people had a representative in Congress, that person might not have sat there stoically while his people got the shaft.

These people don't hate America, they want to be a part of it.

They cannot possibly be more a part of it. They are elected members of Congress. That's as accepted as it gets and they absolutely hate this country. 

3 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Hate? No of course not and I of course dont hate a people for their history.

Now if you are asking me to teleport back in time then this would be a good comparison to what we're talking about today. Only one of the people in this pic is a "very fine person".

august_landmesser_2.jpg

That guy was a Nazi. He fell in love with a Jewish girl (might have been pregnant, can't recall) then rebelled as this photo shows. He was caught and separated from his wife and forced to continue fighting for Hitler. He died a Nazi and she's presumed to have been killed in a REAL concentration camp and that's the rest of that story. If regular people get caught up in a protest with neo-nazi's and are disregarded as scum with extreme prejudice then you sure as hell can't be passing around pictures of this guy as a very fine person. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Thats the curse of being me. I want my cake and I want to eat it too, I want the rural life but to have neighbors with a liberal mindset. 

I think we would all like that!  The unfortunate part nowadays is that people that were once centrists are finding themselves increasingly set adrift somewhere in the midst of all of these various movements/labels that are being forced upon our societies today.   

I think what @DieChecker said hit the nail on the head re racism especially.

4 hours ago, DieChecker said:

I didnt say he didnt have a racist past. I said what we call racism now, wasn't acknowledged as racism in the past.

Well, I suppose it is for those on each side to try to justify, and hopefully what is accepted is somewhere toward the center.

Life has just changed so much.  Sometimes its hard to keep up with all of these changes! :lol: 

I mean here I am driving my 9 year old to school this morning and I break out into singing that old Weathergirl's song, "It's raining men" and he immediately goes, "Mum, that's sexist, you can't sing that? What's that song?"  I was like omg, I'm being shamed by my 9 year old here. Seriously. :lol: 

Edited by pixiii
  • Haha 6

It makes one wonder what is being drilled into their little heads. More glad every day I never had any. :P

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, pixiii said:

I think we would all like that!  The unfortunate part nowadays is that people that were once centrists are finding themselves increasingly set adrift somewhere in the midst of all of these various movements/labels that are being forced upon our societies today.   

I think what @DieChecker said hit the nail on the head re racism especially.

Life has just changed so much.  Sometimes its hard to keep up with all of these changes! :lol: 

I mean here I am driving my 9 year old to school this morning and I break out into singing that old Weathergirl's song, "It's raining men" and he immediately goes, "Mum, that's sexist, you can't sing that? What's that song?"  I was like omg, I'm being shamed by my 9 year old here. Seriously. :lol: 

Not to mention there's a "hallelujah" in there too!

• Haha 2

as long as you teach kids early, who is  not their friend, and to say things what people want to hear, not what they have in mind, in certain cases, they will go thru school with no issues and grow up normal human beings.  they need to be shown what real world is, and how it works,   

• Like 1

On 7/30/2019 at 11:29 AM, Tatetopa said:

President Trump on US cities:

Atlanta: "falling apart"

Baltimore: "A filthy place"

Chicago: "totally out of control"

Philadelphia: "struggling"

San Francisco: "disgusting, barely recognizable." 

He did not mention his home town New York City, but some of you have.  In support of the President you have written that one can't  build in New York City without dealing with the mafia.    When a billionaire and future president is forced to deal with the mafia to build a building would you say that is disgusting, crime infested, and out of control? 

Where is all of the law and order sentiment when it come to our President having to deal with organized crime to make a living?  

Shouldn't the President , as President of all the United States be leading us to clean up our cities  rather than just take cheap shots?

On the other hand:

Moscow:  "a great city"  "an amazing place" 

Maybe  he doesn't like it here and should just leave.

Two things:

1) Apparently Baltimore really is a filthy rodent infested place: https://www.bet.com/news/national/2019/07/31/trump_s-son-in-law--jared-kushner--owns-rat-infested-baltimore-p.html

(The properties that Trump's relations own at least.)

2) Trump can't go back to where he came from.  His grandparents decided they didn't like America and went back to Germany where they promptly got deported: https://www.sbs.com.au/topics/life/culture/article/2017/08/22/read-letter-donald-trumps-grandfather-wrote-begging-not-be-deported

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

BALTIMORE RAT RUNS THROUGH FOX REPORTER'S LIVE SHOT, TRUMP SUPPORTERS TOUT AS 'PROOF' PRESIDENT NOT RACIST

A rat in West Baltimore ran through a local Fox TV reporter's live shot on Monday as she discussed President Donald Trump being urged to visit the city he controversially labeled a "rat and rodent infested mess."

Fox 45 Baltimore reporter Maxine Streicher was engaged in a live broadcast from the city's Sandtown-Winchester neighborhood on Monday when the camera panned over to an alley just as a rat scurried out from under trash and along a wall. The live shot prompted widespread mockery from supporters of the president who touted the video as "proof" the president was correct in telling Maryland's 7th District Democratic congressman Elijah Cummings via Twitter to "clean up this very dangerous & filthy place."

"Now, we spoke with many people today, who say the president should consider coming here to Baltimore, to the Sandtown area, and taking a look at things for himself," Streicher can be heard saying as the camera examined a nearby alley.

https://www.newsweek.com/rat-baltimore-proof-trump-supporters-1451775

:lol:

• Haha 4

Video Emerges Of Elijah Cummings Calling Baltimore ‘Drug Infested’

The Trump campaign dug up an old video of Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD) on Wednesday that shows him calling his district "drug infested," which comes after the media and Democratic Party repeatedly attacked President Donald Trump for calling Baltimore drug- and rat-infested over the weekend.

cont...

https://www.dailywire.com/news/50103/watch-video-emerges-elijah-cummings-calling-ryan-saavedra

• Like 6

Baltimore was a shthole since 1990s  or earlier

Ben Carson defends Trump, compares Baltimore to cancer patient

https://news.yahoo.com/ben-carson-defends-trump-says-164036486.html;_ylt=AwrC1ChC.kFdjHsAAgHQtDMD;_ylu=X3oDMTBydDI5cXVuBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwM2BHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzcg--

Democrat Rep. Elijah Cummings in 1999: "This morning I left my community of Baltimore, a DRUG INFESTED area" where people are "walking around like zombies."

• Like 4

IMO trump is wrong here, but if he said the truth he would be called racist, it is not leadership, they are all the same more or less, corrupt, and think only how to keep power they have and get more out of it,  it is the residents of the city that make it such a disaster, it is certain demographic "culture " is at work here, if you notice majority of those disaster cities, if not all, have that in common. 

• Like 2

Not to mention 2017 https://us.blastingnews.com/news/2018/01/its-official-baltimore-is-the-murder-capital-of-the-us-002262661.html

It's official: Baltimore is the murder capital of the US

Baltimore City in Maryland attained the unenviable title of being the Murder Capital of the US in 2017 after figures showed that it had the highest per-capita homicide rate in the entire country, Fox News reported.

In 2017, The City recorded 343 homicides, an all-time high, which translated to 56 murders per 100,000 people. This is despite a drop in the city's population over the years, from over 700,000 inhabitants a decade ago to its current 615,000.

Baltimore residents and experts are divided on the reasons for the sudden upsurge in homicides in the city, with some blaming the police for laxity, while others point their finger at the wide economic gap found among the population. Others are of the view the increase in illegal guns is to blame.

Rats don't sound too bad.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, aztek said:

IMO trump is wrong here, but if he said the truth he would be called racist, it is not leadership, they are all the same more or less, corrupt, and think only how to keep power they have and get more out of it,  it is the residents of the city that make it such a disaster, it is certain demographic "culture " is at work here, if you notice majority of those disaster cities, if not all, have that in common. 

IMO I think it's a bit of both.  I'd go so far as saying it's probably half the demographic, and half the people who are governing the area/local councils/mayors etc.  And yes, if Trump or anyone for that matter, but ESPECIALLY IF TRUMP said it, he'd be called a racist. I think I mentioned somewhere previously how I don't trust the Kushner family and I was surprised to learn of their real-estate in Baltimore and their lack of work/repairs on their buildings for residential tenants.  But we're not seeing a great deal of that in the msm are we? 

What really disgusts me is how San Francisco has gone down the sewer (pardon the pun, actually, no I  meant it! :lol: ) with the "Poo Maps" on where to avoid going in the city.  Ugh. What was once a beautiful city is now a horrible shame. 

Anyway back to the rats in Baltimore.... 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, pixiii said:

I think I mentioned somewhere previously how I don't trust the Kushner family and I was surprised to learn of their real-estate in Baltimore and their lack of work/repairs on their buildings for residential tenants.

It's really not surprising. 9000 units is a lot and they're probably part of a large group of investors that just buy up properties all over the place and remain largely hands off relying on hired management companies to run these properties. Often times these code violations aren't fixed until they're cited because they simply don't know about them. 200 violations throughout 9000 units over the course of what I assume is at least several years isn't really that shocking and it sure isn't unusual. I'm not saying it's always right or that the owners/investors are always blissfully unaware but working on apartment complexes and rental units is my main gig and it's impossible to constantly keep up on everything when thousands of units and buildings are involved. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, F3SS said:

It's really not surprising. 9000 units is a lot and they're probably part of a large group of investors that just buy up properties all over the place and remain largely hands off relying on hired management companies to run these properties. Often times these code violations aren't fixed until they're cited because they simply don't know about them. 200 violations throughout 9000 units over the course of what I assume is at least several years isn't really that shocking and it sure isn't unusual. I'm not saying it's always right or that the owners/investors are always blissfully unaware but working on apartment complexes and rental units is my main gig and it's impossible to constantly keep up on everything when thousands of units and buildings are involved. 

Thanks @F3SS I actually didn't realise the numbers were THAT high - that's a ton of units to look after! :o  But still, I feel bad for those poor people awaiting repairs etc.  And the rats.  Don't forget the rats. :lol: 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, pixiii said:

Thanks @F3SS I actually didn't realise the numbers were THAT high - that's a ton of units to look after! :o  But still, I feel bad for those poor people awaiting repairs etc.  And the rats.  Don't forget the rats. :lol: 

Oh the rats! I hate them!

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Two things:

1) Apparently Baltimore really is a filthy rodent infested place: https://www.bet.com/news/national/2019/07/31/trump_s-son-in-law--jared-kushner--owns-rat-infested-baltimore-p.html

(The properties that Trump's relations own at least.)

2) Trump can't go back to where he came from.  His grandparents decided they didn't like America and went back to Germany where they promptly got deported: https://www.sbs.com.au/topics/life/culture/article/2017/08/22/read-letter-donald-trumps-grandfather-wrote-begging-not-be-deported

Most big cities have large areas that are filthy rodent infested places :lol:  LA is probably the worse.

Edited by susieice
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, susieice said:

Most big cities have large areas that are filthy rodent infested places :lol:  LA is probably the worse.

Jeeeeesh,  you're right Susie ^^ looks like Baltimore has some stiff competition in the rat department and it looks like LA might be in the lead!! :o 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/los-angeles-homeless-camps-city-hall-rats-civic-hall-sanitation-crisis/

The city of Los Angeles is grappling with deteriorating sanitation problems, as an increase in homeless camps and illegally dumped trash have created conditions for rats and other vermin to infest L.A. City Hall. On Monday, the Los Angeles Times reported an assessment from a private pest control company placed the blame for the rodents in City Hall squarely on the city's homeless population living in the nearby Civic Center.

Eww.  

And this.... 

https://offgridsurvival.com/californiabubonicplague/

Pinsky was been taking to the airways trying to alert the public to the incredible danger politicians have allowed to let grow out of control on the streets of Los Angeles where homeless encampments, human feces, and hundreds of thousands of tons of garbage now litter the streets.

Los Angeles reaches a tipping point for the spread of bubonic plague

Who are these homeless people? A mix of American citizens and illegal aliens?  Who is responsible for cleaning these cities up and are they being held accountable or getting away with it?  Seems like the latter to me.  But how does one go about cleaning up rats and homeless people on such a huge scale? :(  

Sounds like it'd be safer to be with the rats in Baltimore at the moment.....

• Like 1

Because I live closer to Philadelphia I hear it's news everyday. Aside from a blooming crime rate and how they find dead babies in garbage cans and toilets all the time, you wouldn't believe the news that comes out of there every day. I could post it everyday for a week and you wouldn't believe it. It's known as Filthadelphia around here. And it's not as bad as LA. At least not yet. All the drug addicts. You can't feel bad for them and then complain about them doing the things they do. People are robbed and killed everyday in Philly. Home invasion robberies are commonplace. People need drug money. They kill their own families for it. I don't know what's the matter with people anymore. It's spreading into smaller cities close to me. They aren't quite as dirty but the crime is getting as bad. Police have had to remove children and pets from houses that were just filthy. Can't control how people live. F3SS is out by Pittsburgh. I'm not sure how bad it is out there. That's western Pennsylvania and I'm in the eastern part. I see he's mentioning rats too though. I know workers in City Hall in LA have been treated for typhus. I haven't heard of that in Philly yet. People are in the Facebook sites of ABC, NBC and just diving down their throats about how ridiculous this country has gotten. Personally, I think the news promotes agendas and hides a lot of what goes on. I hope people can get something done but I don't see it in the near future. Congress denies it too. You think Nancy Pelosi doesn't know about what's going on? She doesn't care as long as it isn't her neighborhood. None of them do. They'll blame Trump and say he's lying. Politics is all about anything to argue.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1