Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pelosi Picks on newly elected women of color

OverSword

6 hours ago, susieice said:

Because I live closer to Philadelphia I hear it's news everyday. Aside from a blooming crime rate and how they find dead babies in garbage cans and toilets all the time, you wouldn't believe the news that comes out of there every day. I could post it everyday for a week and you wouldn't believe it. It's known as Filthadelphia around here. And it's not as bad as LA. At least not yet. All the drug addicts. You can't feel bad for them and then complain about them doing the things they do. People are robbed and killed everyday in Philly. Home invasion robberies are commonplace. People need drug money. They kill their own families for it. I don't know what's the matter with people anymore. It's spreading into smaller cities close to me. They aren't quite as dirty but the crime is getting as bad. Police have had to remove children and pets from houses that were just filthy. Can't control how people live. F3SS is out by Pittsburgh. I'm not sure how bad it is out there. That's western Pennsylvania and I'm in the eastern part. I see he's mentioning rats too though. I know workers in City Hall in LA have been treated for typhus. I haven't heard of that in Philly yet. People are in the Facebook sites of ABC, NBC and just diving down their throats about how ridiculous this country has gotten. Personally, I think the news promotes agendas and hides a lot of what goes on. I hope people can get something done but I don't see it in the near future. Congress denies it too. You think Nancy Pelosi doesn't know about what's going on? She doesn't care as long as it isn't her neighborhood. None of them do. They'll blame Trump and say he's lying. Politics is all about anything to argue.

That Smell

Whiskey bottles, and brand new cars
Oak tree you're in my way
There's too much coke and too much smoke
Look what's going on inside you

Oh that smell
Can't you smell that smell
Oh that smell
The smell of death surrounds you

Angel of darkness is upon you
Stuck a needle in your arm
So take another toke, have a blow for your nose
One more drink fool, will drown you

Oh that smell
Oh that smell

Now they call you Prince Charming
Can't speak a word when you're full of 'ludes
Say you'll be all right come tomorrow
But tomorrow might not be here for you

Oh that smell
Oh that smell

Hey, you're a fool you
Stick them needles in your arm
I know I been there before

One little problem that confronts you
Got a monkey on your back
Just one more fix, Lord might do the trick
One hell of a price for you to get your kicks

Oh that smell
Oh that smell

Oh that smell
Oh that smell

Songwriters: ALLEN COLLINS, RONNIE VAN ZANT
  • Like 2

How about it Hammerclaw! I stay away from the city. Right now there's parts of the city near me I won't go into. 

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, susieice said:

Politics is all about anything to argue.

All praise the truth! 

Case in point,  the USELESS divisive democrats like AOC have been complaining for month after month  about conditions in the "concentration camps" run by ICE.

Has anyone ever seen AOC or any dem propose a law or bill in the house that will remedy the situation?

Bang on, SusieIce. All they want to do is argue, make Trump to look the blame, and hope they ride that pony into 2020

• Like 3

3 hours ago, susieice said:

How about it Hammerclaw! I stay away from the city. Right now there's parts of the city near me I won't go into. 

Same for any large city. It's always been like that--it's just now, with mass media or proximity, we are are cognizant of the excruciating contrast.  Gangs are as old as urban centers, substance abuse goes back to ancient times. The world's oldest profession began with the first mud bricks laid, with the first Priest-Kings and politicians. It IS far worst in some places than others, especially rust-belt cities where the middleclass has largely fled, leaving them to the wealthy and the poorest. The population shift is wreaking havoc on traditional political patterns; liberal States becoming conservative and conservative states, liberal. Wealth is shifting with the population a well; wealthy states are hemorrhaging revenue. Ironic of all, the influx of migrants, once they obtain full rights, may be of a far more conservative bent than predicted, wishing to maintain and preserve the America of their dreams, a land--not of handouts, but of opportunity. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, susieice said:

I'll give them credit; they're doing something practical and necessary about it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

I'll give them credit; they're doing something practical and necessary about it.

Now they just posted this. Few are surprised. Now people started about the roaches.

https://6abc.com/food/mice-run-rampant-in-south-philadelphia-popeyes-video/5434586/?fbclid=IwAR0s6L6TwqNJCFR3flSK7jMainFYFncwtNwSnwtnR9XZoOAHkjEKPOgdCn0

Here a rat photo bombs a reporter in Baltimore. Those residents are right. This is in cities all over the country.

https://foxbaltimore.com/news/local/rat-photo-bombs-fox45-live-shot

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, susieice said:

Now they just posted this. Few are surprised. Now people started about the roaches.

https://6abc.com/food/mice-run-rampant-in-south-philadelphia-popeyes-video/5434586/?fbclid=IwAR0s6L6TwqNJCFR3flSK7jMainFYFncwtNwSnwtnR9XZoOAHkjEKPOgdCn0

Here a rat photo bombs a reporter in Baltimore. Those residents are right. This is in cities all over the country.

https://foxbaltimore.com/news/local/rat-photo-bombs-fox45-live-shot

Yeah, we have rats here the size of cats.  Given a stable food source and left undisturbed, they breed...….like rats.:(

• Like 2

On 8/1/2019 at 7:03 PM, DieChecker said:

I actually feel bad for Pelosi as she's really stuck in a hard place right now.  She's got pressure coming at her from all directions and I think she's just managing to hang on for dear life.  You guys have to admit, it's just a tad over the top with all the media circus and what not! :lol: 

The growing conflict between Nancy Pelosi and representatives like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez isn’t a clash of personalities — it’s a clash of worldviews.

As an outsider, I kinda feel like it's the Newbies VS the Oldies VS the Narcissist :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Politicians from both sides blather and ignore by turns, but it is more than just what party is in charge.

Most of the big cities were once manufacturing centers.  Some of Ford's big plants employed 10,000 workers, big steel mills even more.  

What do you do with the children and grandchildren  of the people who built the American dream.?

An auto plant with 3000 workers and automation outproduces any of the old ones.  McDonald's is not a family wage job.   

Tax bases for cities diminished just like jobs.   Are we building a lot of Opera Houses or Symphony Halls or Art Museums lately or is there barely enough to fix some of the potholes in the streets?

When were the sewers and electrical grids built and the gas lines laid?  Could any city afford to do it again from scratch?

With decaying cities and subsidies for farmers it is beginning to look more like a sh**hole country than a great one.

The Democratic system of housing and aid payments isn't a long term solution.  A place to live without employment can't be maintained forever.  Likewise the Darwinian, survival of the fittest Republican strategy will not lead to greatness either.

Andrew Yang may not be the guy you support, but he has a handle on automation, mega tech companies and the future of work.  He is worth a listen.  But of course one can turn his back and do nothing and pretend it is a Chinese hoax  That will not solve anything either.

America should be about the future as well as the present.  There needs to be some recognition of problems and some suggested and debated solutions because problems are not going to fix themselves or get any better.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2019 at 12:49 AM, Tatetopa said:

Politicians from both sides blather and ignore by turns, but it is more than just what party is in charge.

Most of the big cities were once manufacturing centers.  Some of Ford's big plants employed 10,000 workers, big steel mills even more.  

What do you do with the children and grandchildren  of the people who built the American dream.?

An auto plant with 3000 workers and automation outproduces any of the old ones.  McDonald's is not a family wage job.   

Tax bases for cities diminished just like jobs.   Are we building a lot of Opera Houses or Symphony Halls or Art Museums lately or is there barely enough to fix some of the potholes in the streets?

When were the sewers and electrical grids built and the gas lines laid?  Could any city afford to do it again from scratch?

With decaying cities and subsidies for farmers it is beginning to look more like a sh**hole country than a great one.

The Democratic system of housing and aid payments isn't a long term solution.  A place to live without employment can't be maintained forever.  Likewise the Darwinian, survival of the fittest Republican strategy will not lead to greatness either.

Andrew Yang may not be the guy you support, but he has a handle on automation, mega tech companies and the future of work.  He is worth a listen.  But of course one can turn his back and do nothing and pretend it is a Chinese hoax  That will not solve anything either.

America should be about the future as well as the present.  There needs to be some recognition of problems and some suggested and debated solutions because problems are not going to fix themselves or get any better.

you do realize  Opera Houses or Symphony Halls or Art Museums are funded by wealthy individuals who want tax deductions, and have ego as big as their valet so they have to put their name on a building, and maybe nearby street or a park.  while potholes are fixed by city budget, which is always low, and always mismanaged, especially when it is only union contractors that allowed by law to work for a city,  which jacks up the price 3fold

this is actually another point for private vs public debate.   and private wins again

Edited by aztek
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, aztek said:

you do realize  Opera Houses or Symphony Halls or Art Museums are funded by wealthy individuals who want tax deductions, and have ego as big as their valet so they have to put their name on a building, and maybe nearby street or a park.  while potholes are fixed by city budget, which is always low, and always mismanaged, especially when it is only union contractors that allowed by law to work for a city,  which jacks up the price 3fold

this is actually another point for private vs public debate.   and private wins again

Yes I do in fact but thanks, it is a good reminder.

The point remains, who laid the sewers and gas lines and water mains?  Do you think corruption and unions are a recent problem?     Somehow they got done. The fact also remains that we can't afford to replace them.  Is America really becoming greater or in slow decline?

Where did all of the money go?  Rich people are not giving, cities find their tax bases shrinking.

If we were debating public vs. private, then I would say massive private wealth only benefits the nation and the culture of  America when it becomes public through gifting.  Some rich people gave libraries, public venues, museums.  Our current rich guy is as ego obsessed as any Carnegie or Vanderbilt  but he only puts his name on his own stuff.  No sharing or cultural enhancement. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

The point remains, who laid the sewers and gas lines and water mains?  Do you think corruption and unions are a recent problem?     Somehow they got done. The fact also remains that we can't afford to replace them.  Is America really becoming greater or in slow decline?

Where did all of the money go?  Rich people are not giving, cities find their tax bases shrinking.

If we were debating public vs. private, then I would say massive private wealth only benefits the nation and the culture of  America when it becomes public through gifting.  Some rich people gave libraries, public venues, museums.  Our current rich guy is as ego obsessed as any Carnegie or Vanderbilt  but he only puts his name on his own stuff.  No sharing or cultural enhancement. 

yes more or less it is recent last 50 years or so,    they still put gas and sewer lines it just takes 5 times as long and costs 4 times as much,

2nd ave subway line is being build for over 50 years, and still not done, here is your union MTA at work. while crying they have no money every year so ny governor adds a tax to save them

why should rich give? in your opinion, it seems rich must give, no they do not have to give anything, nor they are mandated to share, (not they even have such word in their vocabulary)  they give when it makes sense to them, when it benefit them, or their agenda,

you need to drop the fallacy that rich owe you anything

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, aztek said:

why should rich give? in your opinion, it seems rich must give, no they do not have to give anything, not they are mandated to share, (not they even have such word in their vocabulary)  they give when it makes sense to them, when it benefit them, or their agenda,

you need to drop the fallacy that rich owe you anything

Get serious aztek.  I don't think the rich owe me anything.  Likewise, I do not owe them. I do no polish their boots, groom their horses of clean their saddles like some elite worshippers do. 

Rich people do not have to give anything.  Many don't   But if they want to be well known and remembered, and  that is something big egos seek, then they better do something public. I don't even go to the opera, but it is a memorable gesture and adds to making a rich guy's home town seem great and burnishes his reputation.

If rich people want to remain anonymous, and totally divorced from American communities that is also fine by me. If they want to take all their money and build a palace in Barbados, then also fine.

But, being rich does not grant you automatic respect, you have to earn that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Get serious aztek.  I don't think the rich owe me anything.  Likewise, I do not owe them. I do no polish their boots, groom their horses of clean their saddles like some elite worshippers do. 

Rich people do not have to give anything.  Many don't   But if they want to be well known and remembered, and  that is something big egos seek, then they better do something public. I don't even go to the opera, but it is a memorable gesture and adds to making a rich guy's home town seem great and burnishes his reputation.

If rich people want to remain anonymous, and totally divorced from American communities that is also fine by me. If they want to take all their money and build a palace in Barbados, then also fine.

But, being rich does not grant you automatic respect, you have to earn that.

everyone has to earn respect,   but this was not a conversation topic,   

they DO give, just on their terms,  but they do not fix roads, do not pay for potholes. nor  they should anymore than you should, they pay tax to have city fix them up, not their fault city corrupt gvmnt  mismanages funds. they do have connections to make city do things faster, but they only do it when it again, benefits them.  like in their hood,

Edited by aztek

33 minutes ago, aztek said:

not their fault city corrupt gvmnt  mismanages funds

who do you think corrupts city governments, poor people?

33 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

who do you think corrupts city governments, poor people?

anyone who is willing to pay them, mostly other politicians and  businessmen,  someone bribed a politician, next week new law comes out, mandating using brown bags for alcohol purchases, , and the guy who runs brown bag factory is making a killing,  and it only cost  him 20k in bribes,  then a mayor decided  to create racial equality department, hires 5 people he knows, pays them over 100k a year, for doing bs work, and he paid for all that from infrastructure funds, so you do not get your road fixed this year,............ but those evil rich guys, how dare they not to share.... lol

but i see where you trying to go, and it is a dead end there, you can't blame rich for corrupt city officials nice try thou lol

Edited by aztek

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

Let's put things into perspective here. Carnegie and them were worth the equivalent of 100's of billions of dollars in today's money. Bezos, Gates and Buffett are the only ones around today who even come close to the wealth those guys had. Trump is nowhere near their league let alone the robber barons.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, aztek said:

anyone who is willing to pay them, mostly other politicians and  businessmen,  someone bribed a politician, next week new law comes out, mandating using brown bags for alcohol purchases, , and the guy who runs brown bag factory is making a killing,  and it only cost  him 20k in bribes,  then a mayor decided  to create racial equality department, hires 5 people he knows, pays them over 100k a year, for doing bs work, and he paid for all that from infrastructure funds, so you do not get your road fixed this year,............ but those evil rich guys, how dare they not to share.... lol

but i see where you trying to go, and it is a dead end there, you can't blame rich for corrupt city officials nice try thou lol

who is the businessman that bribes the city official, a factory owner maybe. So the guy that pays 20k in bribes and is making a killing is a poor guy?"

Why do you think the mayor does that, to make 5 friends happy?

Follow the money man.  Follow the money.

Listen aztek, I don't care if rich people take all of their money and jump down a hole or go overseas.  In fact I would prefer that to using their money by bribing city officials to buy favors.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

who is the businessman that bribes the city official, a factory owner maybe. So the guy that pays 20k in bribes and is making a killing is a poor guy?"

Why do you think the mayor does that, to make 5 friends happy?

Follow the money man.  Follow the money.

Listen aztek, I don't care if rich people take all of their money and jump down a hole or go overseas.  In fact I would prefer that to using their money by bribing city officials to buy favors.

well you can have your wishes of course,  but seems to me you blame rich for everything,  i have 0 doubt if you were in their position you would do everything they do and you';d be blaming poor,  you just come off as a person who blames people he does not like even thou it has nothing to with them. 

and lest stick to same subject, we stared off by talking about people who pay for museums, concert halls....etc  ultra rich people who make millions a month, not someone who pays 20k bribe,  yes he is a poor guy compare to people we are talking about. 

obviously you do, or we would not have this conversation

Edited by aztek

29 minutes ago, aztek said:

well you can have your wishes of course,  but seems to me you blame rich for everything,  i have 0 doubt if you were in their position you would do everything they do and you';d be blaming poor,  you just come off as a person who blames people he does not like even thou it has nothing to with them. 

and lest stick to same subject, we stared off by talking about people who pay for museums, concert halls....etc  ultra rich people who make millions a month, not someone who pays 20k bribe,  yes he is a poor guy compare to people we are talking about. 

obviously you do, or we would not have this conversation

OK, I think I get where you are coming from.

On 7/31/2019 at 3:33 PM, aztek said:

Baltimore was a shthole since 1990s  or earlier

Ben Carson defends Trump, compares Baltimore to cancer patient

https://news.yahoo.com/ben-carson-defends-trump-says-164036486.html;_ylt=AwrC1ChC.kFdjHsAAgHQtDMD;_ylu=X3oDMTBydDI5cXVuBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwM2BHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzcg--

You dropped this:     i

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DieChecker said:

They're all grooming to be the Sharptons of their time whenever their political careers end.

God I hate the term “women of color” or “people of color”. Everyone is “of color”.