Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
OverSword

Pelosi Picks on newly elected women of color

653 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Desertrat56
18 hours ago, skliss said:

Um.....I have read your posts and that's exactly why I said what I did...I think you're the one who needs to take a look in the miror and check that self delusion. And for the record, I'm very happy and not at all angry. You seem to project that on to everyone who calls you on stuff...maybe you should check on that too, while you're looking in that mirror.

Calling me on stuff is one thing, calling names is another.  If you can only accuse me of being a liberal then you are not calling me on anything.  Andy it works both ways.  If I call you on your stuff you call names, find a better way to communicate.

Edited by Desertrat56

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
22 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Me either but ill still say he is a wannabe dictator and possible putin puppet :P

And fascist.  Don't forget fascist!!!  :D

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DieChecker
On 7/27/2019 at 11:54 AM, Farmer77 said:

LOL not even wasting my time. If you genuinely cant see why that was racist just google the question and you will find numerous explanations and examples.

No... please. Post two articles that show how the initial tweet is racist. I've read a lot of MSNBC and CNN articles and they say the tweet was racist, but never said how.

If it is easy, you'll not mind spending 5 minutes to educate me, right?

Quote

Heres one you know for sure wasnt saying he was racist until that tweet: Geraldo Rivera on Trump after tweets: His 'critics were much more right than I'

Quote

added that “as much as I have denied it and averted my eyes from it, this latest incident made it impossible” to defend Trump for accusations of racism.

 

What I noticed is Geraldo never said "racist"... that appears to have been put on by the author of the article.

I'll go read the whole article and see...

Edit: Nope. No Rivera saying racist in that article. I'll go look at the link in the article.

Edit: nope. No Rivera saying racist there either. Just saying the President's opponents are probably more right then he is. And... I'm not sure of the context of the interview. It says about the tweets, but considering the author already put words in his mouth...

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DieChecker
On 7/27/2019 at 12:59 PM, Golden Duck said:

So millennial, Muslims, or women aren't born in the USA?

Come on, you know what I mean.

Lots of them are not.

You just WANT it to be racist, so you accept that it is. Even though there isnt anything directly racist there. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DieChecker
On 7/28/2019 at 10:24 AM, Farmer77 said:

Me either but ill still say he is a wannabe dictator and possible putin puppet :P

Just like Obama. :yes:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
15 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

No... please. Post two articles that show how the initial tweet is racist. I've read a lot of MSNBC and CNN articles and they say the tweet was racist, but never said how.

I really need to explain to an adult why telling Americans of color, 3 of whom were born here, to go back where they came from is racist? Sorry man again, do some research on your own. Otherwise I simply have nothing respectful to say to you on the subject.

15 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

What I noticed is Geraldo never said "racist"... that appears to have been put on by the author of the article.

I'll go read the whole article and see...

Edit: Nope. No Rivera saying racist in that article. I'll go look at the link in the article.

Yeah this is kinda confirming what I was gettng at above and its pretty gross.

Here he is on foxnews https://www.thewrap.com/geraldo-rivera-pete-hegseth-fox-and-friends-defense-trump-tweets-the-squad/

Quote

Fox News correspondent-at-large Geraldo Rivera butted heads with “Fox & Friends” host Pete Hegseth Friday for defending President Trump’s “unforgivable” tweets directed at four Democratic congresswomen of color.

Sunday, Trump tweeted that Democratic representatives Ayanna Pressley, Ilhan Omar, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Rashida Tlaib — known as “The Squad” — should “go back” to the countries of their ethnic origins. During a rally in North Carolina Wednesday, a fired-up crowd chanted “send her back” for 12 seconds when Trump mentioned Rep. Omar.

 

“I was appalled. I think that it was un-American. It was an attack that was a nativist, xenophobic, racist attack,” Rivera told Hegseth. “‘Go back to where you came from’ is the old racist trope that all of us ethnic or racial minorities have grown up with at various times. It is unforgivable at this day and age.”

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DieChecker
6 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I really need to explain to an adult why telling Americans of color, 3 of whom were born here, to go back where they came from is racist? Sorry man again, do some research on your own. Otherwise I simply have nothing respectful to say to you on the subject.

Yeah this is kinda confirming what I was gettng at above and its pretty gross.

Here he is on foxnews https://www.thewrap.com/geraldo-rivera-pete-hegseth-fox-and-friends-defense-trump-tweets-the-squad/

 

Yeah. I just found that article too. I had to go looking for it because you want to be a pompous ass and lecture people and tell them to go look it up themselves. You are right that Geraldo said racist, but you are just being an ass lately.

See ya...

Go sit on your high and mighty throne and I talk to you later. Maybe you'll be in a mood to educate, rather the p*** on people.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
Just now, DieChecker said:

Go sit on your high and mighty throne and I talk to you later. Maybe you'll be in a mood to educate, rather the p*** on people.

You know man if that was a genuine question then I truly apologize. I am sorry.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Golden Duck
55 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Lots of them are not.

You just WANT it to be racist, so you accept that it is. Even though there isnt anything directly racist there. 

We are talking about "The Squad"!

How can you say "lots of them are not"?

If it's not a racist comment then he calling USA "... a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all) ..."

I don't want anything. You're sounding like an apologist.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa

OK, lets not call it racist.  Lets call it fear of the "other"  Fear and anger and disdain for different colors, different languages, different countries of origin, different political views, different religions, different income levels, different gender identifications.

Lets call it scapegoating of the other.  Our problems are caused by them because they are less than we are:  They are lazy and stupid and deserve to be poor.  They live in a sh**hole and don't even try.  God loves us more.  They oppose us at the ballot box, so we can't do what we think is best for us.

It is quite a normal human reaction to be cautious and guarded around strangers.  It has served us well since we were small tribal bands of hunters and gatherers who had both much to lose and much to gain when interacting with another band.

Sometimes people need encouraging and visionary leaders to make a stronger people out of smaller bands of different people.  Sometimes it takes an outside threat to do it.

One form of leadership that has been around since those tribal days is to cause your tribe to fear all outsiders and trust that only their leader can save them.  Nothing new, Donald Trump did not invent the style, it has been around for thousands of years, but he is using it now.

He calls down wrath on the different and distorts and lies when he has to make a point..  They are rapists and murderers.  American women don't want them in this country.  They are filthy and disease infested.  They hate America.  They are God forbid Liberals or Progs or *******s or whatever.

How did most of those Eastern Inner cities take root?  Read your history.  A lot of growth was due to the might of American manufacturing and the insatiable desire for workers.  There were not enough Americans to fill all of the jobs and increase our prosperity.  Prior to WWI it was Europe that sent boatloads of their poorest, most desperate, and in their societies' views, least successful people to work in America.   When WWI stopped the flow, manufacturers looked south and brought trainloads of black agricultural workers north to fill the factories.  With Jim Crow laws in the south limiting black opportunity, it seemed like a wonderful opportunity.  At the time it was.  Many plant owners like Henry Ford, Harvey Firestone, and Carnagie even build the housing for them to live an adequate but not extravagant life and show up for work every day.  A lot of the housing was close to the plants, noisy, dirty  and in less desirable parts of town.  When the big plants shut, the income for all of those folks and the city in the form of taxes diminished.  Not enough jobs, not enough high paying jobs due to demand any more.  Areas got shabbier and shabbier.

So now, after 50 or 100 years of gradual decay, some of those cities are trying to remake themselves.  

Its not our fault the jobs went away.   I don't blame Henry Ford or Andrew Carnegie or Harvey Firestone for building manufacturing empires.  Times have changed.

But maybe instead of spitting in their direction, we might at least offer encouragement if not material help.  Current President Trump criticized Baltimore in 2015 in much the same terms.  Only that time he wanted to lay it at Obama's door as President of the United States.  He is President, he should fix it.

Who  is President now and who should help find ways,to fix America rather than spitting in their direction?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa

According to The Baltimore Sun, the Kushner family company owned more than 9,000 rental units in 17 complexes in Maryland—many of them in Baltimore County—even before it purchased an additional 6,000 in Virginia and Maryland in February of this year. . As The Washington Post reports, the properties generate about $90 million a year in revenue, and in 2017 they racked up an accumulated 200 code violations in 12 months. Local officials told the Post that most repairs weren't made until the county threatened fines, and even then violations at nine properties were never addressed.

So, turns out even Jared Kushner is profiting from those rat infested places in Baltimore.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gwynbleidd
54 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

According to The Baltimore Sun, the Kushner family company owned more than 9,000 rental units in 17 complexes in Maryland—many of them in Baltimore County—even before it purchased an additional 6,000 in Virginia and Maryland in February of this year. . As The Washington Post reports, the properties generate about $90 million a year in revenue, and in 2017 they racked up an accumulated 200 code violations in 12 months. Local officials told the Post that most repairs weren't made until the county threatened fines, and even then violations at nine properties were never addressed.

So, turns out even Jared Kushner is profiting from those rat infested places in Baltimore.  

Yep, it's a common occurrence to see people throwing the racist word about now like there's no tomorrow.  Just wanted to lighten the somewhat intense mood in here....I practically died laughing at this vid this morning.  I believe it's very right wing but oh god, I couldn't help but laugh it was so hilarious.  #orangemanbad  :w00t: 

Yes, @Tatetopa wait'll that comes out more into msm, the Kushner fam's properties, not keeping up with repairs etc.  Not good news for them!  I really don't trust that family..... Ugh! :lol: 

Edited by pixiii
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DieChecker

So the best description of what is racist about these tweets, that I've read so far is.... that it is racist, because Trump wouldn't say such a thing about a British person, or a German, or a Frenchman. 

And, I see that point.

But, it seems to me that is something EXACTLY like something Trump would do. "Get out then you Frenchy loser", or "Leave then you kraut loving bier swigger.". Things he'd probably say.

The man is insulting to just about anyone that crosses him. Doubtless he'll have some words for Geraldo Rivera also. And doubtless those will be called "Racist" too.

I suppose I am racist to a degree. If I see someone who fits a stereotype... a latino gangster, for example, I act warily till I learn different. I've in the past said I was wary of cultures, not skins, but to a true Liberal in this day and age... I guess Skin comes first and anything else is an excuse.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DieChecker
4 hours ago, Golden Duck said:
Quote

So millennial, Muslims, or women aren't born in the USA?

Come on, you know what I mean.

We are talking about "The Squad"!

How can you say "lots of them are not"?

If it's not a racist comment then he calling USA "... a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all) ..."

I don't want anything. You're sounding like an apologist.

Ah I did not realize your post was intended only for the Squad.

I don't think discriminating by country of origin is racist. Not automatically. That is presumption. It is discrimination though...

I'm not apologizing. I'm trying to make clear a point if the overuse of the word racism, simply because the people in discussion are a minority group. Reminds me of the idiots who said if you don't agree with Obama's agendas, you are a rscist.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DieChecker

So, assume Trump is racist to some degree. What is to be done about it?

I feel this mirrors the Democrats Obstruction arguement. So, assuming it is true. What is to be done if he's guilty and the Senate will not convict?

Venting makes a person feel better, but if a person who is inappropriate is confronted and refuses to change... do you use force?

The other idea I had was what if this is a Wag the Dog. This seems way over played by the Media. What is it we're not supposed to be seeing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
24 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I suppose I am racist to a degree. If I see someone who fits a stereotype... a latino gangster, for example, I act warily till I learn different. I've in the past said I was wary of cultures, not skins, but to a true Liberal in this day and age... I guess Skin comes first and anything else is an excuse.

No.  It is natural to be wary.  Growing up in the South, I was steeped in racism.  I am not free of it.  Sometimes it is my first reaction to a situation.  But, I try to look carefully at how people are behaving as.much as how they look  "Those three kids aren't going to cross the street and mug me, they are on their way to play  basketball in the park."   Gut reactions don't always go away but they can be mitigated by thought and experience.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Golden Duck
Just now, DieChecker said:

Ah I did not realize your post was intended only for the Squad.

I don't think discriminating by country of origin is racist. Not automatically. That is presumption. It is discrimination though...

I'm not apologizing. I'm trying to make clear a point if the overuse of the word racism, simply because the people in discussion are a minority group. Reminds me of the idiots who said if you don't agree with Obama's agendas, you are a rscist.

 

You know which tweet we are talking about. You yourself have confirmed the context refers to "the Squad".

It raises an apprehension that Trump has determined the Squad are not from USA based on their appearance or race. The tweet was racist.  Whatever can be derived from that, is up to the individual.

It's curious why Trump is always compared to Obama.  Is/was he the standard?  It's basically an argument of social injustice.  Why continue to ape the SJW?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword

How anyone can deny the racial implications of telling Americans who are not white to go back to their countries is beyond me. Now I know he will argue, and persuade people that he was just saying if you think America is so bad go move to a country with the socialist values that you hold so high, but if they were white and one not wearing a hijab there is no way he would have told them for example to go back to Scandinavia. People defending him in this instance are kind of being idiots.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
7 minutes ago, OverSword said:

How anyone can deny the racial implications of telling Americans who are not white to go back to their countries is beyond me. Now I know he will argue, and persuade people that he was just saying if you think America is so bad go move to a country with the socialist values that you hold so high, but if they were white and one not wearing a hijab there is no way he would have told them for example to go back Scandinavia. People defending him in this instance are kind of being idiots.

what if it was a white russian guy, would it be not racist then? or a muslim guy telling her that,

see, you just made it about race

Edited by aztek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
1 minute ago, aztek said:

what if it was a white russian guy, would it be not racist then?

see, you just made it about race

But it wasn’t, was it. It was about Hispanic, African and Middle Eastern Americans and if you really think that makes no difference you’re wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
5 minutes ago, OverSword said:

But it wasn’t, was it. It was about Hispanic, African and Middle Eastern Americans and if you really think that makes no difference you’re wrong.

it does not matter, she fully deserves to be told that, due to her behavior, if you see race here, it is your issue just cuz it happens to be a white guy telling her that, is irrelevant, thinking it is racist, actually IS racist

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CrimsonKing
3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

But it wasn’t, was it. It was about Hispanic, African and Middle Eastern Americans and if you really think that makes no difference you’re wrong.

Very true,but there is video of Tlaib telling Trump in '15 to "go back where you came from" and Omar saying similair to a group of reporters years back...

Matter of fact,this weeks left wing cry fest about Trumps words on Baltimore brings us last years Baltimore mayor Catherine Pugh saying about parts of her city..."What the hell.We should just take all this s*** down,Whoa can you smell the rats.Whew Jesus.Oh my god,you can smell the dead animals...from a prestiged "woman of color"

Lets not forget Bernies old comments comparing beloved Baltimore to 3rd world nations...all that on top of being the murder capital of the US.

Add all that s*** up along with Kushners responsibility of being a slum lord in all the mix and...WTF do we argue for and align ourselves with ANY of these hypocritical,do nothing,elitists?

Screw them all...

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
9 minutes ago, aztek said:

it does not matter, she fully deserves to be told that, due to her behavior, if you see race here, it is your issue just cuz it happens to be a white guy telling her that, is irrelevant, thinking it is racist, actually IS racist

There’s four of them which deserves it for what behavior? You are allowed to promote socialist democracy or pretty much any other kind of government philosophy in this country.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
5 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Very true,but there is video of Tlaib telling Trump in '15 to "go back where you came from" and Omar saying similair to a group of reporters years back...

Matter of fact,this weeks left wing cry fest about Trumps words on Baltimore brings us last years Baltimore mayor Catherine Pugh saying about parts of her city..."What the hell.We should just take all this s*** down,Whoa can you smell the rats.Whew Jesus.Oh my god,you can smell the dead animals...from a prestiged "woman of color"

Lets not forget Bernies old comments comparing beloved Baltimore to 3rd world nations...all that on top of being the murder capital of the US.

Add all that s*** up along with Kushners responsibility of being a slum lord in all the mix and...WTF do we argue for and align ourselves with ANY of these hypocritical,do nothing,elitists?

Screw them all...

See now your argument has a little substance. Regardless you have to do some mental acrobatics to convince yourself that wasn’t a racist thing to say 

Edited by OverSword

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CrimsonKing
59 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

So the best description of what is racist about these tweets, that I've read so far is.... that it is racist, because Trump wouldn't say such a thing about a British person, or a German, or a Frenchman. 

And, I see that point.

But, it seems to me that is something EXACTLY like something Trump would do. "Get out then you Frenchy loser", or "Leave then you kraut loving bier swigger.". Things he'd probably say.

The man is insulting to just about anyone that crosses him. Doubtless he'll have some words for Geraldo Rivera also. And doubtless those will be called "Racist" too.

I suppose I am racist to a degree. If I see someone who fits a stereotype... a latino gangster, for example, I act warily till I learn different. I've in the past said I was wary of cultures, not skins, but to a true Liberal in this day and age... I guess Skin comes first and anything else is an excuse.

I've learned it's skin or gender of preference with many of them...that is all THEY can see...

When i here people on tv screaming about Trumps "Trumps trying to divide Americans"...we've been doing a damn good job of that on our own long before Trump...

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.