Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
the13bats

Burger king now bilingual

10 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

the13bats
Posted (edited)

https://www.dailycommercial.com/news/20190709/eustis-manager-told-to-go-back-to-mexico-for-speaking-spanish

well happy campers i just happen to live 2 miles from this store, nice :hmm:

and 2 miles the other direction is another BK that i do on rare occasions hit, but i missed this dinner and show.

for too many years i have sadly viewed BK as the dirt flea market of fast food joints,

i have no idea why BK started going down fast, years back over half the central florida locations closed and the ones that remainded over half of them i would have feared just walking into,  but in the last year it was still a gamble still hit and miss but some seemed at times they were trying not to to end up like burger chef.

i only speak english mostly from being lazy i would like to know spanish it would come in handy, and i have been made to feel awkward and uncomfortable when workers who are helping me turn to a co worker and speak any language i do not understand, i feel its inconsiderate and rude to do while dealing with a customer, in my yonger days i even once raised a flag to such a situation.

however, in this threads case that old lady was way out of line in my opinion, the manager was not interacting with her he was doing store work that wasnt any of her business, and she went out of her way to complain in a belittling, degrading hostile manor,  very cool it was caught on video and manager was way better at his handing than i would have been i would have likely went off on an inappropriate spew to poke right back asking her who put sand in your preparation H ? , is a low end trailer park missing its withered up hagged out meth head? i found her shes stinking up my restaurant.

but no, i try to know better and be a better person, two wrongs dont make a right but 3 lefts do, and how do i really blame her if i give a loaded gun to a monkey is it his fault he shoots someone with it? 

we have a potus who has no issue spewing all kinds of disparaging, remarks about others based on race, nationality, creed religion, gender sexual orientation, etc, shes just following the leader right?

all i can do is be a bit ashamed for her.

oh, btw BK just added tacos to their menu but a worker told me toxic hell ( taco bell ) is better...:tu:

can someone teach me how to order a taco in spanish?

*my views and opinions may not reflect those of the management.

Edited by the13bats
mistyped
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
aztek

maybe i should walk into BK and speak Russian or Yiddish to them, and demand they understand and reply in Russian or Yiddish  as well.  if not i'll scream discrimination, and racism

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
18 minutes ago, aztek said:

maybe i should walk into BK and speak Russian or Yiddish to them, and demand they understand and reply in Russian or Yiddish  as well.  if not i'll scream discrimination, and racism

sure, i fully get where you are coming from i do but the guy wasnt talking to them, it had zero to do with them,

hum, i wonder can i order a taco in yiddish?

sadly no matter the language BK is slumming it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56

The biggest issue I have about things like this is that people don't know history.  The spaniards colonized the southern part of the U.S. a few hundred years before the English did starting with Florida and Spanish was spoken there for a long time before this was the U.S.  Where I live in the southwestern part of the country we are taught the history pre-english and when I was growing up most of the kids I went to school had grandparents that spoke very little english.  They were literate but in Spanish, not English  and none of them were from Mexico, they were descendents of the conquistadors who colonized this area.    It is idiotic and ignorant to claim "this is America, if you want to speak Spanish..."  Most of the Americas are spanish speaking countries with the exception of the U.S., Canada and Argentina.  America is not a country, it is two continents. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56

@the13bats  I know why burger king has gone down hill.  Eating their food is like trying to digest rocks.  I haven't been inside a burger king since the early 80's.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
8 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

@the13bats  I know why burger king has gone down hill.  Eating their food is like trying to digest rocks.  I haven't been inside a burger king since the early 80's.

*Double Double*

*Cheese Cheese*

*Rat Rat*

*Burger Burger*

:)

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor

Taco in Spanish is taco.    In Yiddish it is pronounced taco.  In Russian it is pronounced taco.  However in Japan it is takosu. (Because tako means octupus and they wanted to avoid confusion)

13 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

The biggest issue I have about things like this is that people don't know history.  The spaniards colonized the southern part of the U.S. a few hundred years before the English did starting with Florida and Spanish was spoken there for a long time before this was the U.S.  Where I live in the southwestern part of the country we are taught the history pre-english and when I was growing up most of the kids I went to school had grandparents that spoke very little english.  They were literate but in Spanish, not English  and none of them were from Mexico, they were descendents of the conquistadors who colonized this area.    It is idiotic and ignorant to claim "this is America, if you want to speak Spanish..."  Most of the Americas are spanish speaking countries with the exception of the U.S., Canada and Argentina.  America is not a country, it is two continents. 

Err.  US, Canada, and Brazil you mean.  Argentina is Spanish.  Brazil is Portuguese. 

But I get your point.  “This is America,” one of the women can be heard saying. “Our main language is English ... Speak your Mexican at home.”

Most countries in America speak Spanish and Mexican isn't a language.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
13 minutes ago, the13bats said:

sure, i fully get where you are coming from i do but the guy wasnt talking to them, it had zero to do with them,

hum, i wonder can i order a taco in yiddish?

sadly no matter the language BK is slumming it.

i know, those 2 old ladies were..... well too old, we know wisdom comes with age, but too much age may reverse it,

i actually used like BK, still do, still go there sometimes, when i'm at work,  my kids otoh, wont touch any fast food with a 10 foot pole, when i offer to go there they make funny faces

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

Taco in Spanish is taco.    In Yiddish it is pronounced taco.  In Russian it is pronounced taco.  However in Japan it is takosu. (Because tako means octupus and they wanted to avoid confusion)

Err.  US, Canada, and Brazil you mean.  Argentina is Spanish.  Brazil is Portuguese. 

But I get your point.  “This is America,” one of the women can be heard saying. “Our main language is English ... Speak your Mexican at home.”

Most countries in America speak Spanish and Mexican isn't a language.

You are right.  Brazil not Argentina, though there are a lot of german immigrants in Argentina.  I was typing faster than I can think.  There actually was a man (relocated from somewhere) who said the same thing to a Navajo woman in a grocery store a couple of years ago.  She told him to go back to England if he wanted to speak English.  It is a joke that went around but my friend was in line behind them both.   So yeah, people are not taught manners and they are not taught history or even required to learn a second language, which might help some of them feel better about themselves so that they don't lash out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
59 minutes ago, aztek said:

i know, those 2 old ladies were..... well too old, we know wisdom comes with age, but too much age may reverse it,

i actually used like BK, still do, still go there sometimes, when i'm at work,  my kids otoh, wont touch any fast food with a 10 foot pole, when i offer to go there they make funny faces

my dad passed in 2014 mom about 3 years ago divorced in 68, both had issues dropping the n word, my step mother would scold my dad, he didnt get it, i took a chance and alone in his shop with him tried to explain why he should not use that word, he said he would try and didnt mean it in a harmful way.

mom got very to be blunt nuts the last few years she was in deep dementia, she would be in bed front of house window open and if a non white walked by call me and yell loudly this n man is gonna rape me, it was horrible juggling her and neighbors who thankfully knew she was mental, i got so upset once i blasted back at her, i assure you that man has absolutely zero interest in you, i would take her to the dr she would sit and yell how fat and ugly everyone was, remember i have panic nervious issues.

soon after i got her into a nursing home it helped.

 

in this BK case the gals were sticking their nose in his business, akin to if i was at the next table and kept leaning into their private conversation and belittling them for it,

 

my step daughter who parties like a rock star ironically will not touch any fast food, im selective.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.