Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man bonds with 13-foot wild croc in Australia

Still Waters

Who’s afraid of a wild 13-foot saltwater crocodile? Not Matt Wright, that’s for sure. The so-called Outback Wrangler has built up an incredible friendship over five years with a crocodile he’s named “Bonecruncher”.

This video shows the pair interacting comfortably in the waters of the Finniss River, in Australia’s Northern Territory. As Wright says in the video, “He knows my behavior and I know his; it’s a beautiful thing.”

https://wjla.com/news/videos/man-bonds-with-wild-croc-in-australias-northern-territory

• Like 1

Fordham said. “Matt and Bonecruncher’s relationship is one in a million,” he said, adding, “Although Matt feels if he turned his back, he would still want to eat him.”

Darn right that Croc would eat him.  There are such massive crocs up the top end of Oz and statistically speaking, there's always been a higher number of locals who become complacent about swimming in the area and end up being attacked, more so than tourists.  I felt relieved to see this guy doesn't altogether trust the croc though! 

I still wouldn't be in the water with it........like ever! :lol: 

• Like 1

Never smile at a crocodile. Don’t be taken in by his winsome grin. (Some other lyrics I can’t remember.) He’s just imagining how well you’ll fit within his skin.