Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Couple buys house that inspired 'The Conjuring'

UM-Bot

• The title was changed to Couple buys house that inspired 'The Conjuring'

Well, considering how the Warrens were total con artists, I'd say any 'haunted' house they investigated is 99.9% likely to be totally safe from evil spirits.
It also sounds like Mr. Heinzen is full of s**t.

Edited by Seti42
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, darkmoonlady said:

HGTV should do a series about flipping haunted houses. I'd watch that..

Mind. Blown.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seti42 said:

Well, considering how the Warrens were total con artists, I'd say any 'haunted' house they investigated is 99.9% likely to be totally safe from evil spirits.
It also sounds like Mr. Heinzen is full of s**t.

The Warrens were such cons they should of been jailed. :yes:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I don't know if the Warrens were con artists or not. I'm definitely not taking the word of the first people to say so without proof though. Especially because of the nature of the things they were involved in.

I saw, I believe it was A Hauntings version of the conjuring story. It was powerful. Then again I'm a sucker for a good ghost story. 

• Like 3

con artists? they have or had ( rip ) zero proof of any claims they made, only talk tales they earned a great income living doing what they did, and said it wasnt a show but real and since they insisted demons were basically everywhere, they were to me con artists or mental or both.

if their ghosts come haunt me just to smite me, ill be sure to let you know.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, UM-Bot said:

The remote Rhode Island farmhouse that inspired the popular movie has something of a sinister past.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/329012/couple-buys-house-that-inspired-the-conjuring

I will bet they bought it cheap, he'll I would have bought it. Think of all the money you could make giving tours, and letting Paranormal Researchers ghost hunt. 

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

The Warren's inspected the house for paranormal activity, but it was Andrea Perron's story that inspired the Conjuring. If you watch her YouTube video's, she doesn't exactly seem fond of the Warren's.

• Like 3

most old houses can be said to be haunted, mine is, well so they said. :no: false advertisement.

some just more famous than others, people have lived in many famous alleged haunted houses after the money shot and no experences, the best reason ahem excuse albeit assinine explanation, the new residents are just not enlightened to the experence, too close minded to see the haunts

:rolleyes:

so theres the easy answer for those of you dealing with possessed dolls or child nadding TV sets no need to call in Tangina Barrons or Peter Venkman and get ecto slime all over the new berber, nope, save the hassles, just close your mind, the 999 happy haunts will move on to the next doom buggy.

annabellecomp_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWeZ_vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8.gif.d4fff04f907849585d85d097dfa29773.gif

actual doll ^                           movie doll ^

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 2

The office I work in was built in the 1700's. It's been renovated a few times . No one has ever experienced a thing. 

My boss has a big old farmhouse in Vermont which has been completely renovated as well. It's gorgeous. He was telling us about pictures that were left in the attic by the original owners dated from the late 1800's. Creeping looking as hell. I asked him and his wife if they have ever experienced anything paranormal.  Nope. Nothing.

As much as I want to believe in the paranormal, I remain skeptic until I actually see something myself.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Love Buzz said:

The office I work in was built in the 1700's. It's been renovated a few times . No one has ever experienced a thing. 

My boss has a big old farmhouse in Vermont which has been completely renovated as well. It's gorgeous. He was telling us about pictures that were left in the attic by the original owners dated from the late 1800's. Creeping looking as hell. I asked him and his wife if they have ever experienced anything paranormal.  Nope. Nothing.

As much as I want to believe in the paranormal, I remain skeptic until I actually see something myself.

there was an alleged haunted 1920s theater here, all the cool embelished heavily backstories of being built on the ground where a sanitarium mental institute had been before thst indian burial grounds, a theater owners family member hung themselves there etc

,i worked there and saw a weird anomaly not a ghost, but a girl lived there slept in the projector room i asked her do you think the joints haunted, she laughed loud and hard, and said get real.

same type thing here, my joint built 1909, all kinds of stories of haunts, i too found old coolness antique pics etc, zero evidence of spookies, can i sue the realtor they told me its haunted, lol.

houses, places arent haunted people are, it starts and ends in the mind of the dear believer, my best advice to someone claiming to be having problems with Casper or beetlejuice, become a skeptic ghosts avoid skeptics...:P

• Like 2

On 7/12/2019 at 2:43 PM, darkmoonlady said:

HGTV should do a series about flipping haunted houses. I'd watch that..

Could you imagine?  They'd have to dig money out of the budget for a priest all the time or a great cleaning crew that could get the blood off the walls :lol:

• Like 1