Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
toast

Elon Musk is getting gaga

5 posts in this topic

toast

Some weeks ago the majors of the cities of Hamburg and Berlin got a personal phone call by Elon Musk. The calls were made because some Tesla car buyers complained via Twitter about too long waiting times for the (new) car registration process in both cities. As for Hamburg, the call was confirmed by the Senate`s press department, Major Peter Tschentscher was not willing to comment on the conversation further.

Its quite clear that the complains are not based on the work of our local authorities, but on the company policy of Tesla Motors, and Mr. M. should know that.

Its my own experience that such a registration process here in Hamburg cannot be made within the blink of an eye but thats not a problem at all. The process requires an appointment that must be scheduled online with the competent authority (there are 5 of it here) in advance, waiting time is in between  2 to 10 days. Its done within 5 minutes, including confirmation of the appointment and the appointment itself is done within 15-30 minutes all-in.

All car dealers here offer an registration service for new/used cars for a fee of ca. 120€ including plates, but Tesla Motors dont. Tesla buyer only get an information that they can register their car/s by themselves, at a certain date and it seems that clients who paid up to 155k€ for a car are a little upset because they have to register the car by themselves or to instruct a professional registration service company for ca. 70€.

Unconfirmed conversation on the incoming Musk call (PS/press secretary, PT/Peter Tschentscher, Hamburg Major)

PS: "Peter, I have an English speaking guy on the phone who want to talk to you, something about cars or so"

PT: "Whats his name?"

PS: "Elon Musk"

PT:"Who?"

PS:"The e-car guy"

PT:"Ah, yeah"

PS:"Should I connect you?"

PT:"No, wait a minute, did we already decided what we will have for lunch today"?

PS:"Not yet, what do you prefer? Mc D?""

PT:"NO!". Whats the canteen`s menu today?"

PS:"Let me check for the list"

(The Girl From Ipanema, instrumental version)

PS:"Ok, Rinderbraten mit Rotkohl und Kartoffelknödel, Pizza Salami and something vegan"

PT:"Boring"

PS:"Something from the Malaysian Food Service?"

PT:"Yeah, good choice, do we have a menu card?"

PS:"Let me check"

PS:"Here it is"

PT:"M13 looks tasty, beef with onions"

PS:"A Soup as well?"

PT:"No. You know, my wife and I, when we cook we use Charlotte onions instead of ordinary onions."

PS:"But they are difficult to peel"

PT:"Yeah, but they are very tasty"

PS:"BTW, did your wife got her boat license already?

PT:"Of course, she passed the exam last weekend"

PS;"Congratulations to your wife. Should I connect you with the guy now?"

PT:"No wait a minute, I have to call my wife first because I think we are running short of Charlotte onions"

PT:"Ready now"

PS:"Ok, here he is"

PT:"Line 4 please, line 3 is the canteen"

PS:"Sorry!"

PT:"Peter Tschentscher, hello"

Musk:"#@%&!!!!"

• Haha 1

aztek
Posted (edited)

what tesla cost 155000 in eu?  most expensive one here is under 100.  i guess tariffs are ok as long  as usa does not impose them,   

Edited by aztek

toast
1 hour ago, aztek said:

what tesla cost 155000 in eu?  most expensive one here is under 100.  i guess tariffs are ok as long  as usa does not impose them,   

Tesla S California, I have no idea if its still on the market.

• Like 1

aztek

couldn't find anything on this on Tesla site, it seems to be custom shop unaffiliated with Tesla.   i was wrong however , most expensive Tesla costs 116k here. 

Hammerclaw

I doubt anyone who can afford those prices will be stymied. I thought you meant he hired Lady Gaga for a Promo. 

• Haha 2