Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Still Waters

World's first AI-developed vaccine

Still Waters

A team at Flinders University in South Australia has developed a new vaccine believed to be the first human drug in the world to be completely designed by artificial intelligence (AI).

While drugs have been designed using computers before, this vaccine went one step further being independently created by an AI program called SAM (Search Algorithm for Ligands).

Flinders University Professor Nikolai Petrovsky who led the development told Business Insider Australia its name is derived from what it was tasked to do: search the universe for all conceivable compounds to find a good human drug (also called a ligand).

https://www.sciencealert.com/the-world-s-first-ai-developed-vaccine-could-prevent-another-horror-flu-season

• Thanks 1

Piney
1 hour ago, Still Waters said:

Algorithm

Is not a A.I. nor can it "think" independently. I wish they would stop using the one term for the other.

I think when they finally do pull off a real A.I. without checks it's going to go full "Destination Void" and we're in deep poo. 

• Like 1