Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sherrie76

OBE/NDE/AP/LD. Which one happened to me?

109 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Sherrie76

Feb 27th, 2016 I “came to” standing outside my house. It was over in the early morning hours as the air was cool, damp and the smell of earth was prominent. As I’m looking down to make sure I was dressed and I was, I was baffled to how I got out there. All of a sudden I felt and heard a presence coming up on me. It scared me to the point of flight, running through my outside walls and into the house. Once inside I needed help as I was afraid to what was after me. I seen someone on the couch asleep, I started shaking this person to wake, and violently and still no movement. To my horrific surprise, I seen what I thought to be a “person” I assumed, but it looked like me from behind. Whatever, or whoever it was, just stood plundering through my entertainment center. I was freaking by now as I seen the sleeve fall down the arm of this “being”, seeing the arm looking really white, with smooth shiny sparkles in the skin. The “being” never turned around for me to see it, just seen the back, so as I tried to look harder, I went from being frightened and freaking out, to feeling very sedated like I was drugged. I woke up suddenly on the couch, in the same spot I was violently trying to wake someone to help me. So which did I have? I do not sleep walk! I am a avid lucid dreamer. I am 42, and the only other experience I’ve had sort of like this was 20yrs earlier. My husband asked “Baby what are you doing”? I “came to” standing naked looking into our closet with just a blanket around me. I heard him ask me what I was doing, and remembered walking to the bed, spreading out the blanket, and getting back into bed. Besides a small scratch under my chin I was fine. Only the scratch is still visible  20yrs later. So, I’m good with unexplainable, paranormal, and just weird stuff, but this last experience “2016” is at the top of my weird **** meter! If anyone can give some knowledge, or shine some light on these two topics, I’d be very great full. Thanks!  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind

Have you considered speaking to a doctor? I'm being serious, by the way.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Love Buzz

It sounds to me you were sleep walking and dreaming at the same time. My sister used to walk in her sleep when she was little. If it only happened once, I wouldn't worry. If it continues, set up a camera in your room.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SecretSanta

A very vivid dream/nightmare. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sherrie76
16 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Have you considered speaking to a doctor? I'm being serious, by the way.

No. Not for that. Why, should I be worried? Seriously!? What was you thinking physically that could be wrong and cause these two experiences. I’m concerned. Physically, I’m great! The reason I posted this was because the two experiences I had, I can’t find anything with someone having these type of experiences. I actually did ask myself if I’d had died, and was trying to get back into my body..... I’ve seen things all my life since I was about 6-8yrs old and this was normal to me, and still is! However, This was at the top of my weird/scary meter to date. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sherrie76
15 hours ago, Love Buzz said:

It sounds to me you were sleep walking and dreaming at the same time. My sister used to walk in her sleep when she was little. If it only happened once, I wouldn't worry. If it continues, set up a camera in your room.

Thanks! Suggestions considered. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sherrie76
15 hours ago, SecretSanta said:

A very vivid dream/nightmare. 

I’ve had some bad dreams and some bad ass dreams. This was neither. If so, it was a horrific nightmare. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
22 minutes ago, Sherrie76 said:

What was you thinking physically that could be wrong and cause these two experiences. I’m concerned. Physically, I’m great!

'Physically' - as in physical health of the body - is not the same as psychologically. 

23 minutes ago, Sherrie76 said:

The reason I posted this was because the two experiences I had, I can’t find anything with someone having these type of experiences.

You would have found plenty of examples of people with similar experiences if you had looked into different types of delusions and hallucinations brought on by by various psychological illnesses. This is why I asked if you had spoken with a doctor. It seems like there's a large source of evidence out there that you have completely ignored.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sherrie76
22 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

'Physically' - as in physical health of the body - is not the same as psychologically. 

You would have found plenty of examples of people with similar experiences if you had looked into different types of delusions and hallucinations brought on by by various psychological illnesses. This is why I asked if you had spoken with a doctor. It seems like there's a large source of evidence out there that you have completely ignored.

Like what? Just asking. I’m neither embarrassed if it could be physically, or mentally. I’ve had ptsd since 1998. That could explain maybe some insomnia, heightening of my awareness/senses that is caused by it, and some bad anxiety/panic symptoms. As I said before, I’ve always had experiences since I was old enough to remember. Other kids my age seem to be oblivious and didn’t want to look/be weird. That is when I told my parents about my encounters. They just said “it runs in the family”. This was when I was about 8yrs old. Before then, I assumed it was normal. My parents said it was normal lol. So here I am at 42, on a blog, asking about my ridiculous “whatever” you want to call it experience. Research......? I know all about that! I’m sure I’m a special kind of special lol. Out of my whole lifetime of experiences, these two, really just the one in 16’ has me the most distraught, because I’ve not been able to put the experience into a word. It had to be an OBE/AP/LD etc, as I do Lucid Dream very easily. It could have been all three at one time idk. I was looking into what they call “Walk-ins” to chalk it up! It’s the only thing close to what happened and how I’ve been since then. Like a change.... Anything comes to you as far as info, please lmk! Also any kind of physical, or mental symptoms that I may not know about. Thanks.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
On 7/13/2019 at 9:18 AM, Sherrie76 said:

Feb 27th, 2016 I “came to” standing outside my house. It was over in the early morning hours as the air was cool, damp and the smell of earth was prominent. As I’m looking down to make sure I was dressed and I was, I was baffled to how I got out there. All of a sudden I felt and heard a presence coming up on me. It scared me to the point of flight, running through my outside walls and into the house. Once inside I needed help as I was afraid to what was after me. I seen someone on the couch asleep, I started shaking this person to wake, and violently and still no movement. To my horrific surprise, I seen what I thought to be a “person” I assumed, but it looked like me from behind. Whatever, or whoever it was, just stood plundering through my entertainment center. I was freaking by now as I seen the sleeve fall down the arm of this “being”, seeing the arm looking really white, with smooth shiny sparkles in the skin. The “being” never turned around for me to see it, just seen the back, so as I tried to look harder, I went from being frightened and freaking out, to feeling very sedated like I was drugged. I woke up suddenly on the couch, in the same spot I was violently trying to wake someone to help me. So which did I have? I do not sleep walk! I am a avid lucid dreamer. I am 42, and the only other experience I’ve had sort of like this was 20yrs earlier. My husband asked “Baby what are you doing”? I “came to” standing naked looking into our closet with just a blanket around me. I heard him ask me what I was doing, and remembered walking to the bed, spreading out the blanket, and getting back into bed. Besides a small scratch under my chin I was fine. Only the scratch is still visible  20yrs later. So, I’m good with unexplainable, paranormal, and just weird stuff, but this last experience “2016” is at the top of my weird **** meter! If anyone can give some knowledge, or shine some light on these two topics, I’d be very great full. Thanks!  

OBE & Astral projection are the same thing.  Your experience could be those or a dream.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
On 7/13/2019 at 3:23 PM, Love Buzz said:

It sounds to me you were sleep walking and dreaming at the same time. My sister used to walk in her sleep when she was little. If it only happened once, I wouldn't worry. If it continues, set up a camera in your room.

If he were sleep walking he would have awaken outside, not on the couch.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
moonman
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

If he were sleep walking he would have awaken outside, not on the couch.

What? If someone is sleepwalking they can wake up anywhere after doing anything - there aren't any rules to it.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
6 minutes ago, moonman said:

What? If someone is sleepwalking they can wake up anywhere after doing anything - there aren't any rules to it.

So she could have walked through the wall back in to the living room after being outside if she were sleep walking?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sherrie76
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

If he were sleep walking he would have awaken outside, not on the couch.

I “came to” outside. I took “flight” through the side of my house (AP)? Trying to wake someone to help me, but they would not budge (LD)? Still afraid and trying to wake someone on the couch (LD)? Seeing someone whom looks like me, (A twin), but wasn’t me (OBE/LD)? The only reason I’m posting asking: The thing is, I felt as though I had been dropped off outside my house, (what who?) scared because whatever (it) was, was trying to get me back (LD-nightmare)?... After I awakened on the couch, I wondered how I could not wake myself up? If it was me on the couch, that I was violently shaking to wake up, but didn’t, if it was me? So, how does someone be themselves, another one of you on the couch asleep, and another one of you going through your things while you watch them, but become very sedated all of a sudden when “it” felt like I was aware I seen them? A few more details. If this helps anyone at all. 

Edited by Sherrie76

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sherrie76
19 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

So she could have walked through the wall back in to the living room after being outside if she were sleep walking?

Nah. No sleepwalking. Never have. Just the experience I had 20yrs ago, but I don’t know how I got to the closet unless I was placed there lol. Anyway I’ve never been a sleepwalker. Even my husband and I both know I don’t do that. Same thing this 2nd time, as I “came to” outside. The doors were locked from the inside. I checked that as soon I woke up thinking wth just happened to me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
moonman
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

So she could have walked through the wall back in to the living room after being outside if she were sleep walking?

There's no evidence she was outside in the first place. Went to sleep in house, woke up in house.

Reading again, there's not even evidence of sleepwaking - if she fell asleep on the couch in the first place, that part isn't clear. There's nothing to suggest it wasn't just a vivid dream.

Dreams/sleepwalking can be crazy things, but no need to call them "paranormal".

Edited by moonman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sherrie76
On 7/16/2019 at 11:32 AM, moonman said:

There's no evidence she was outside in the first place. Went to sleep in house, woke up in house.

Reading again, there's not even evidence of sleepwaking - if she fell asleep on the couch in the first place, that part isn't clear. There's nothing to suggest it wasn't just a vivid dream.

Dreams/sleepwalking can be crazy things, but no need to call them "paranormal".

Yeah. Don’t go jumping on it like you would something else. It has many angles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
moonman
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Sherrie76 said:

Yeah. Don’t go jumping on it like you would something else. It has many angles. 

What does that mean? 

Did you go to sleep on the couch you woke up on?

Edited by moonman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
preacherman76
On 7/13/2019 at 11:18 AM, Sherrie76 said:

Feb 27th, 2016 I “came to” standing outside my house. It was over in the early morning hours as the air was cool, damp and the smell of earth was prominent. As I’m looking down to make sure I was dressed and I was, I was baffled to how I got out there. All of a sudden I felt and heard a presence coming up on me. It scared me to the point of flight, running through my outside walls and into the house. Once inside I needed help as I was afraid to what was after me. I seen someone on the couch asleep, I started shaking this person to wake, and violently and still no movement. To my horrific surprise, I seen what I thought to be a “person” I assumed, but it looked like me from behind. Whatever, or whoever it was, just stood plundering through my entertainment center. I was freaking by now as I seen the sleeve fall down the arm of this “being”, seeing the arm looking really white, with smooth shiny sparkles in the skin. The “being” never turned around for me to see it, just seen the back, so as I tried to look harder, I went from being frightened and freaking out, to feeling very sedated like I was drugged. I woke up suddenly on the couch, in the same spot I was violently trying to wake someone to help me. So which did I have? I do not sleep walk! I am a avid lucid dreamer. I am 42, and the only other experience I’ve had sort of like this was 20yrs earlier. My husband asked “Baby what are you doing”? I “came to” standing naked looking into our closet with just a blanket around me. I heard him ask me what I was doing, and remembered walking to the bed, spreading out the blanket, and getting back into bed. Besides a small scratch under my chin I was fine. Only the scratch is still visible  20yrs later. So, I’m good with unexplainable, paranormal, and just weird stuff, but this last experience “2016” is at the top of my weird **** meter! If anyone can give some knowledge, or shine some light on these two topics, I’d be very great full. Thanks!  

Wow very cool experience. I’d say this could very well be a projection. Did you know you’d be able to walk through the wall?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sherrie76
15 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Wow very cool experience. I’d say this could very well be a projection. Did you know you’d be able to walk through the wall?

I lucid dream almost always. I’ve never walked through walls, never dreamt of walking through doors lol. AP usually requires you not to be able to touch anything, and you’re aware of a cord. I had neither a cord, and took off at hyper speed, through the siding, into my house. Sat pushing a body on my couch, feeling the weight of it, seeing it shaking back and forth. I had a huge adrenaline rush and was scared for someone to help me. I see someone resembling me from behind, my clothes, hair color, and all, except the white, shiny, glistening arm. When I seen that, I became heavily sedated feeling, and woke up on the couch. There’s me, me on the couch, me at the entertainment center, and what was after me outside? That’s the question. Not an easily spooked person, never have been. I’ve seen things I don’t dare speak of. This experience meant something, like ceremonial. I am an empathetic person.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sherrie76
17 hours ago, moonman said:

What does that mean? 

Did you go to sleep on the couch you woke up on?

Meaning after all this time, it’s hard just to chalk it up as a dream. No offense to anyone. And yes I was sleeping on the couch alone, in my living room, my husband had went to bed. I stayed up watching regular T.V.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sherrie76
On 7/15/2019 at 12:22 PM, Desertrat56 said:

OBE & Astral projection are the same thing.  Your experience could be those or a dream.

It was a little note than a dream. Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
moonman
Posted (edited)

Seeing as how you woke up in the same spot that you went to sleep, I don't see any reason to think it was anything more than a vivid dream. Dreams can be crazy one day and gone the next, there are no rules as to how they manifest.

You really think having a one-time "astral travel" is somehow a better explanation? If there was physical evidence of anything odd I might agree, or a history of it, but nothing was moved, unlocked, or changed and it only happened once. Our brains are more than capable of making up crazy dreams on the spot.

Example - the entertainment center. You say the thing was going through it, but nothing was out of place when you woke up. Does that mean the entertainment center and its contents have an astral travel state of their very own that can be manipulated apart from the real world? How does that work? And why would the thing go through a bunch of "dream media" in the first place and ignore you? It's just too surreal.

Do you normally sleep alone on the couch? To me, it sounds like a dream manifestation of your fear of someone breaking into your house and going through your belongings, while you are asleep on the couch alone and helpless, with the elements of the intruder coming from outside and yourself on the couch not waking up. Maybe you were watching something that triggered those kinds of ideas right before falling asleep? Or maybe some real world current events have you on edge?

 

Edited by moonman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
preacherman76
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Sherrie76 said:

I lucid dream almost always. I’ve never walked through walls, never dreamt of walking through doors lol. AP usually requires you not to be able to touch anything, and you’re aware of a cord. I had neither a cord, and took off at hyper speed, through the siding, into my house. Sat pushing a body on my couch, feeling the weight of it, seeing it shaking back and forth. I had a huge adrenaline rush and was scared for someone to help me. I see someone resembling me from behind, my clothes, hair color, and all, except the white, shiny, glistening arm. When I seen that, I became heavily sedated feeling, and woke up on the couch. There’s me, me on the couch, me at the entertainment center, and what was after me outside? That’s the question. Not an easily spooked person, never have been. I’ve seen things I don’t dare speak of. This experience meant something, like ceremonial. I am an empathetic person.  

I have had well over 100 projections over the last few years, and I have never seen a cord. Not everyone sees it. 

The only thing in your story that has me guessing if it was an OOB experience or not, is the fact you never had a moment of conscious separation. Instead you just found yourself standing on your porch. 

I also know that feeling of impending doom like you described. If I had to guess I’d say the person you saw that looked like you from behind wasn’t you at all. Sounds like some kind of entity messing with you. 

I understand the will to want to get to the bottom of this experience, and find out what it meant. I know the feeling all to well. After having many similar, and even more crazy experiences, I’ve found you can drive yourself crazy trying to figure them out. If you do ever figure it out though, please let us know

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sherrie76
19 hours ago, moonman said:

Seeing as how you woke up in the same spot that you went to sleep, I don't see any reason to think it was anything more than a vivid dream. Dreams can be crazy one day and gone the next, there are no rules as to how they manifest.

You really think having a one-time "astral travel" is somehow a better explanation? If there was physical evidence of anything odd I might agree, or a history of it, but nothing was moved, unlocked, or changed and it only happened once. Our brains are more than capable of making up crazy dreams on the spot.

Example - the entertainment center. You say the thing was going through it, but nothing was out of place when you woke up. Does that mean the entertainment center and its contents have an astral travel state of their very own that can be manipulated apart from the real world? How does that work? And why would the thing go through a bunch of "dream media" in the first place and ignore you? It's just too surreal.

Do you normally sleep alone on the couch? To me, it sounds like a dream manifestation of your fear of someone breaking into your house and going through your belongings, while you are asleep on the couch alone and helpless, with the elements of the intruder coming from outside and yourself on the couch not waking up. Maybe you were watching something that triggered those kinds of ideas right before falling asleep? Or maybe some real world current events have you on edge? 

 

Cool that you ask about the entertainment center. It seem to be teaching at things but not sure if it was touching or moving anything, I was freaked out!! AP wouldn’t allow me to be able to touch or move anything. I do sleep alone sometimes when my husband works very early. Maybe stress. Out of all the things I’ve been through, this is just one thing (maybe two) that doesn’t fit. I do know after the “outside” part, it really freaked me out. I’m a hunter in the woods by 5am in October so outside in the dark did not freak me out. Not scared of anyone breaking into my house, I think they’d better be afraid. I do not startle easily, and I’m not easily scared. This is the point. Jw. Guess AP-LD and an OBE at the same time. How idk. But it is what it is. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.