Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

OBE/NDE/AP/LD. Which one happened to me?

Sherrie76

7 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

If I had to guess it’s because you believe you are much more important then you are. 

A friend of mine on UM the other day gave me some great advice.....Don't feed the troll. :lol: 

They're rather easy to spot.  They usually have no respect for other's opinions or beliefs and when questioned, they can only offer you silence or a disrespectful response.  Just starve them out of existence. Or even easier, pop them on your iggy list, works a treat! :) 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

That’s better then spending years and years trying to convince people something certainly doesn’t exist, even though they themselves have never even tried it

I think both extremes have problems, there has to be balance and any time you find yourself emotionally attached to convincing someone of something they don't agree with you are being extreme and irrational. 

We can all state what we know, experience and believe but in the end there is no proof one way or the other for a lot of it, it is mysterious, we don't have all the information we need to determine what is real or true so we have to choose someone else's interpretation or make something up that makes sense to us. 

As for those who spend years going after people to "save" them or convince them of something, it is my opinion that there is a mental illness or some kind of control issue going on.  I am not qualified to determine which for any individual, just stating an opinion. 

AND it spans every subject, My brother has been metaphorically beating me over the head with his bible for years, even though logically most of what he says indicates he is the one with the  problem, not me.  He gets upset and here he comes to tell me I am going to burn in hell.  Sometimes it is the same with others who have a different dogma or "message for humanity", or need to insist they know everything about a subject and everyone is wrong who disagrees.    They have to make someone wrong to distract themselves from what ever emotional pain they are experiencing.  And then there are the ones who need to "save" everyone or even sometimes one specific individual.  Just as crazy and annoying but a different attitude. 

That doesn't account for all those people who spend too much time trying to convince someone of something, there are mind circles, monkey mind where some people get fixated on a specific thought loop and that is all they can talk about, even when the conversation is about something else they bring it up, like mentioning muslims when the conversation is about Jesus, or complaining about liberals or democrats when the conversation is about birds not being real, UFOs or ghosts.

We all can catch ourselves in the circular monkey thought ring, it happens to everyone.  The trick is to recognize it and jump off the wheel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Wait, you were in a remote viewer unit of the USA military?

Yes.  One that you will never find information about on the internet.  And I have no proof, just my experiences.   Don't worry about me trying to convince you of anything.  At this point it is just weird stories that don't matter to anyone except me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Yes.  One that you will never find information about on the internet.  And I have no proof, just my experiences.   Don't worry about me trying to convince you of anything.  At this point it is just weird stories that don't matter to anyone except me.

Do tell. I’m more than curious 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

Do tell. I’m more than curious 

It is a long saga.  Maybe I will write it in a document and post some of it on this forum. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

It is a long saga.  Maybe I will write it in a document and post some of it on this forum. 

I look forward to it. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

I would definitely love to hear about it also, when you feel comfortable writing about it and have time. :) 

7 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

I look forward to it. 

Me too!  I've only ever read about remote viewing but never ever met someone that has participated in it.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Oh, I don't care about being conclusively convinced. 

The government can't really do anything that surprises me at this point ha.

It sounds super interesting.Tell the story.

Cough it up :angry: lol

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

That doesn't account for all those people who spend too much time trying to convince someone of something, there are mind circles, monkey mind where some people get fixated on a specific thought loop and that is all they can talk about, even when the conversation is about something else they bring it up, like mentioning muslims when the conversation is about Jesus, or complaining about liberals or democrats when the conversation is about birds not being real, UFOs or ghosts.

We all can catch ourselves in the circular monkey thought ring, it happens to everyone.  The trick is to recognize it and jump off the wheel.

I just read this and caught myself laughing because it's so true about how people really do get fixated on something and that thought loop goes round and round and round again.  I'd never thought of it like that prior to reading it! :o  And yes, it's interesting once you recognise it and I would think we've all been guilty of it at one time or another. How extraordinary!  :D   

Edited by pixiii
  • Like 1