Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Amazon is working on an AI household robot

Seti42

Why would anyone want this? Or an Alexa, for that matter? honestly, (corporate spying paranoia aside) the only reason I see for 'household robots' would be for the physically disabled. And even then hired caregivers are better and create jobs that don't require STEM degrees.

• Like 1

Jaded1
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Seti42 said:

Why would anyone want this? Or an Alexa, for that matter? honestly, (corporate spying paranoia aside) the only reason I see for 'household robots' would be for the physically disabled. And even then hired caregivers are better and create jobs that don't require STEM degrees.

Unfortunately it's because people are getting lazier and lazier. If I wanted to play a song (for example) I'd get up and put it on myself, rather than sitting on my fat posterior and asking a machine to do it for me. Now people will get even lazier and won't even bother getting up to do anything as they'll have a robot "slave" to do it for them. No wonder more and more people are obese.

Edited by Jaded1

Love Buzz

I enjoy cleaning my house. I blast my music and vacuum like Mrs. Doubtfire. You burn a lot calories ya know!

HSlim

I don't know how I feel about this..... I've got an Alexa and I know Amazon is already listening to me and my wife have loud vulgar sex

moonman

Now Alexa can get closer to you and eavesdrop better.

Call me when the roboslaves can make me a sandwich and do laundry, until then there's not really a point.

Calibeliever

If it can fetch me a cold one and find where I left the bleeping remote, you might have a sale here.