Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Carjacker dies

thedutchiedutch

22 hours ago, and then said:

Most Americans tend to be fair-minded and have a desire for the peace and justice provided by our law enforcement system.  The difference today is that we are quickly losing faith that justice will be blind and swift.  The more that lawlessness spreads at the top levels and is seen as a totally un-just multitiered system, the more we will rely on "street justice".  The world's opinion of us be damned.

But, "street justice" will not solve the problem you described. If there is an issue with the law enforcement system, it cannot be solved by citizen gangs who act like a bunch of cocaine-boosted Rottweilers, on the spot. That would be a dangerous step into a big chaos.

22 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

You don’t think Germans wouldn’t kick the ever living crap out of someone who tried to abduct some kids? I know sure as Hell Australians would.

Of course we Germans would act but not in a fashion that the suspect would be killed during action.

22 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

I suppose you would just stand by and do nothing when someone pulled your wife from your automobile and took off with your child in the back seat. 

Is that what you are saying?

Your assumption is wrong because you totally missed my point.

1 minute ago, toast said:

Your assumption is wrong because you totally missed my point.

Then what is your point?

5 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Then what is your point?

My point is that its scary that people agree on that the people who have beaten the suspect to death did right and should not be taken to justice for the murder.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, toast said:

That would be a dangerous step into a big chaos

I TOTALLY agree.  It should be avoided as much as is possible but we are seeing an open, flagrant increase in lawlessness by those entrusted to create and ENFORCE our laws.  Who do you go to for justice in such a situation?  

30 minutes ago, toast said:

My point is that its scary that people agree on that the people who have beaten the suspect to death did right and should not be taken to justice for the murder.

In my opinion the only person who had the right to attack the guy was the father of the child. I agree the others should have only helped subdue the guy, not beat him to death.

Your right I did miss your point sorry.

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, and then said:

I TOTALLY agree.  It should be avoided as much as is possible but we are seeing an open, flagrant increase in lawlessness by those entrusted to create and ENFORCE our laws.  Who do you go to for justice in such a situation?  

By not going to the Police doesn't fix problems that already exist with some Law Enforcement agencies. In a situation like this the police are the correct people to contact.

23 hours ago, Essan said:

Fact remains this man - regardless of what he had done, and that most agree he deserved what he got - was unlawfully killed.  Therefore charges should be brought against those responsible.  We do not pick and choose when we want, or to whom we want, the law to apply.  

This man, as the article I linked said, had at least 30 prior arrests, mostly for narcotics. He kept being released over and over and over and over and over to keep preying on people to support his habit and continuously live his life as he was. Where's the law in that? 

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

good thing that came out of this several people will be  removed from society, the guy who had 30 drug arrests,. and who would kidnap kids,  and those who will take an opportunity to kill a guy without even caring what his deed was, just for fun. 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

Now that was a pleasant lifter-upper :)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, susieice said:

This man, as the article I linked said, had at least 30 prior arrests, mostly for narcotics. He kept being released over and over and over and over and over to keep preying on people to support his habit and continuously live his life as he was. Where's the law in that? 

Ask law enforcement... they'll say, "Susie, we don't have room in our jails to keep people like that".

but meanwhile, this country has a $hundred billion for the welfare of illegals. 

• Thanks 3

28 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Ask law enforcement... they'll say, "Susie, we don't have room in our jails to keep people like that".

That police chief, I think his name is Ross, is always on the news with excuses why everyone should have pity parties for the criminals in the city. They're really good people who want help. The DA and the Mayor too. They just release them and the city is disintegrating around them This will only get worse I'm afraid. But then, people complain all the time about the police and then call them when 800-1000 young people mob their neighborhood or people get shot. Not to mention all the home invasions and robberies and assaults. This is a no win situation. Four more got shot overnight. One was shot and robbed and went into someone's house to ask for help. It's alright to break laws and in general act like a bunch of ***holes in today's society.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/14/2019 at 4:02 AM, Essan said:

Fact remains this man - regardless of what he had done, and that most agree he deserved what he got - was unlawfully killed.  Therefore charges should be brought against those responsible.  We do not pick and choose when we want, or to whom we want, the law to apply.  

That's true, the standers by who joined in the beating should have instead pulled the dad off him and held the carjacker on the ground until police could come, but in this situation it seems there are a lot of angry, scared people in that area and mob mentality is easy to succumb to.  All of them should be charged.  And then the police chief and mayor and city council need to address the anger and distress that people are feeling about the rampant crime.

I hear people in Albuquerque saying "we have more crime than anyone in the country, murders and stolen cars, drugs etc." Those people have never been anywhere else.  My son in law and his siblings and I were visiting and they decided to look up which city had the most murders a year per capita and Albuquerque was not even on the list.  At the top was Wilmington, DE (the town they live in) and Philadelphia and LA were at the top as well.  Surprisingly, New York made the list but not the top.  That was 2015.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, susieice said:

Everyone is packed in like rats on the east coast, even Florida, has too many people per acre.  No wonder there is so much violence.

5 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Everyone is packed in like rats on the east coast, even Florida, has too many people per acre.  No wonder there is so much violence.

It's the gangs. People are doing whatever they want.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

the police chief and mayor and city council need to address the anger and distress that people are feeling about the rampant crime.

Maybe they should address the rampant crime....

• Like 2

When law enforcement does not/can not do their job of protecting the people, vigilante groups are a natural consequence. 

This was but a taste

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

When law enforcement does not/can not do their job of protecting the people, vigilante groups are a natural consequence. 

This was but a taste

I'm afraid you could be right.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

How about we trade one for one and deport the career thugs? That might be worth debating in Congress.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can understand why the father of the children beat the crap out of the theif most people would in a situation like that. 

• Like 1