Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Sajama Lines

Kenemet

On 7/14/2019 at 9:26 PM, Swede said:

You may also wish to further study the below. Have conducted research in this area and walked road portions.

https://www.nps.gov/chcu/learn/historyculture/chacoan-roads.htm

The following provides some citations:

https://www.thoughtco.com/chaco-road-system-southwestern-america-170328

And more discussion in this book (although the preview is limited).  "Chacoan space was profoundly astronomical," writes Lekson (169).

2 hours ago, Windowpane said:

And more discussion in this book (although the preview is limited).  "Chacoan space was profoundly astronomical," writes Lekson (169).

In this regard, you may wish to obtain copies of:

Malville, J. Mckim and Claudia Putnam

1993 Prehistoric Astronomy of the Southwest

Frazier, Kendrick

1999 People of Chaco: A Canyon and its Culture

Both of the above deal with a number of aspects including the Chaco "sun dagger". "Reader friendly" but well researched.

For a somewhat different aspect, you may wish to read Christy Turner's studies in respect to "man corn". Simply utilize the immediately previous key words.

Edit: Attempt to improve format. Current editing functionality dismal.

Edited by Swede
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Swede said:

Frazier, Kendrick

Both of the above deal with a number of aspects including the Chaco "sun dagger". "Reader friendly" but well researched.

For a somewhat different aspect, you may wish to read Christy Turner's studies in respect to "man corn". Simply utilize the immediately previous key words.

Edit: Attempt to improve format. Current editing functionality dismal.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/ajpa.1330910403

10968644-1501384656183.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Coil said:

Pay attention to how part of America was destroyed and turned into a desert:

america-desert.png

Heaven only knows the source of your figure or what you are attempting to demonstrate. Rest assured that your distant and ill-informed "understandings" are grossly inaccurate.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Coil said:

If these are cooled volcanoes, then it is clear that these are roads leading to volcanoes.
I adhere to the version that it is one and the same destructive work of ancient civilizations as it was in America in the canyon national parks. And volcanoes are not volcanoes but waste material, slag that turned into rock but which is heated and ejected from the inside to form a volcano. So externally it is a volcano that once worked and there are a lot of them. Therefore, numerous roads are transport branches:

f42ca2a87bfba0c8e2448c2becca801a.jpg

america-desert.png

Nothing about those ideas actually works.  

The "roads" are short; less than a mile in length.  They didn't transport anything anywhere with them.  

And your geology is wrong.  

• Like 3

On 7/14/2019 at 1:26 PM, Swede said:

You may also wish to further study the below. Have conducted research in this area and walked road portions.

You are more than awesome in my book.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

Nothing about those ideas actually works.  

The "roads" are short; less than a mile in length.  They didn't transport anything anywhere with them.  

And your geology is wrong.  

From your link:

Recent research revealed that this network of lines covers an area of 22,525 km2 (8,697 sq mi; 5,566,000 acres), approximately fifteen times larger than the area covered by the Nazca Lines in Peru.

While many of these sacred lines extend as far as ten or twenty kilometers (and perhaps further), they all seem to maintain a remarkable straightness despite rugged topography and natural obstacles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sajama_Lines

Well, on the first photo it is visible that the lines converge to some centers of which there are many. Therefore, logically, if there are multiple roads then something from these centers was taken out or brought there. And if there is nothing in the center of these lines, then it means something was taken out of there, and if there's a "volcano", it's what they brought there and it stuck in the stone form with time.

Swede
In order to understand all this, one must first understand the destructive influence that the previous civilization had on the American continent and also in Bolivia, Peru, Africa, Syria, Iran, and Arab Emirates.
This can be seen even from the satellite and Google map that some areas are desert, сanyon and "national parks" and other areas are woodland.
Deserts and unsuitable terrain for living is not a natural formation because nature will not destroy itself so; it is only the result of the destructive work of previous civilizations.

I did not create a separate topic on the destructive activities of the previous civilization, so you probably do not know what I mean.

If you cannot understand this and see the obvious facts of destructive activity, then your mind will deny it, because what the mind does not understand it is prone to consider erroneous and discard it.

Edited by Coil

9 hours ago, Swede said:

Frazier, Kendrick

Thanks, Swede.

I have a copy of Malville and Putnam 1993, although not the others you mention.  I've certainly been to Chaco Canyon once, and possibly twice.  We walked around, and tried (possibly not very successfully) to take photos (which I must still have somewhere) of some of the alignments, etc.  But it was so long ago that I can't remember the details too well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Coil said:

Deserts and unsuitable terrain for living is not a natural formation because nature will not destroy itself so; it is only the result of the destructive work of previous civilizations.

Howdy Coil

Nature destroys itself on regular basis, forest fires, earthquakes, tornandoes,cyclones, volcanoes, floods, asteroids, drought, etc., etc.

Which or what previous civilization?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Howdy Coil

Nature destroys itself on regular basis, forest fires, earthquakes, tornandoes,cyclones, volcanoes, floods, asteroids, drought, etc., etc.

Which or what previous civilization?

Almost everything that you have listed is natural disasters that pass quickly and become overgrown with grass after a fire or an asteroid. But deserts and canyons have been destroying fertile soil for millennia.Feel the difference between the rapid wash  of the human body and cutting a piece of skin on the body after which a deep scar with a notch forms.

What civilization is unknown but it was higher than ours, as it had cutting machines that could cut hundreds of meters of even rock and recycle the soil of entire states to a depth of 400 meters and the waste products are volcanoes and oil deposits all over the planet.

35 minutes ago, Coil said:

What civilization is unknown but it was higher than ours, as it had cutting machines that could cut hundreds of meters of even rock and recycle the soil of entire states to a depth of 400 meters and the waste products are volcanoes and oil deposits all over the planet.

Nope droughts can last for thousands of years - see the desertification of the Sahara. Long term weather patterns can dry a place and make it a desert.

So all do you know all this about cutting machines? Where you there?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

Nope droughts can last for thousands of years - see the desertification of the Sahara. Long term weather patterns can dry a place and make it a desert.

Why should drought last so long? Even crop failure may be in a few years but not thousands of years.

Deserts are formed when forests are destroyed and for some reason there is a part of the forest in the lower part of Africa and in the northern part there is none.

Look at what the soil looks like when a forest is cut down. It looks like an irreparable loss:

Spoiler

1836781.jpg

1_68.jpg?itok=uf82FJjn

So all do you know all this about cutting machines? Where you there?

Traces of even cuts are most visible on the rocks, canyons and Devil's Tower. And no remnants of equipment but several figures:

Spoiler

1439735876_12-statuette-or-2.jpg0_21c01_93e00f1e_orig.jpg

6750707.jpg

52.jpeg

Slide2.jpg?1480178750

15 minutes ago, Coil said:

Why should drought last so long? Even crop failure may be in a few years but not thousands of years.

Deserts are formed when forests are destroyed and for some reason there is a part of the forest in the lower part of Africa and in the northern part there is none.

Look at what the soil looks like when a forest is cut down. It looks like an irreparable loss:

Traces of even cuts are most visible on the rocks, canyons and Devil's Tower. And no remnants of equipment but several figures:

Because long term droughts follow changing weather patterns. How do you explain a lessening of rainfall in the Sahara for over 5,000 years?

Different patterns again why is there a desert in central Arabia and Asia, and Australia.

Why would there be tree trunks if as you said before 'they' were cutting 400 meters down?

So when did all this happen and again how do you know about it?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Coil said:

Swede

In order to understand all this, one must first understand the destructive influence that the previous civilization had on the American continent and also in Bolivia, Peru, Africa, Syria, Iran, and Arab Emirates.
This can be seen even from the satellite and Google map that some areas are desert, сanyon and "national parks" and other areas are woodland.

I did not create a separate topic on the destructive activities of the previous civilization, so you probably do not know what I mean.

If you cannot understand this and see the obvious facts of destructive activity, then your mind will deny it, because what the mind does not understand it is prone to consider erroneous and discard it.

You are incorrect on every single point. For example, your "disaster polygon" includes the Provinces of Saskatchewan, Alberta, and Manitoba and the States of North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Montana, and Wyoming. From cropland to ranch land these provinces and states cumulatively constitute some of the most agriculturally productive land on the planet. Hardly a "disaster zone". As to the Rocky Mountains, you may wish to study the orogeny of such.

One could go on, but you have long ago demonstrated that attempts to enlighten you are a pointless exercise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

16 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

You are more than awesome in my book.

Thank you for your kind words. It is naturally pleasing to know that my humble contributions may be of value to the readers of these pages.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Windowpane said:

Thanks, Swede.

I have a copy of Malville and Putnam 1993, although not the others you mention.  I've certainly been to Chaco Canyon once, and possibly twice.  We walked around, and tried (possibly not very successfully) to take photos (which I must still have somewhere) of some of the alignments, etc.  But it was so long ago that I can't remember the details too well.

My pleasure. Glad to assist.

3 hours ago, Swede said:

Thank you for your kind words. It is naturally pleasing to know that my humble contributions may be of value to the readers of these pages.

Thanks for being here.  I have spent my working career as a tolerable engineer with an interest in a good many other things.  Reading the posts here is quite satisfying.  Not to swell your heads unnecessarily, but there are a plethora of people here that know their fields and are willing to take the time to explain.   It keeps us pedestrians from going too far astray and winding up in the woo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Coil said:

Reveal hidden contents

1836781.jpg

1_68.jpg?itok=uf82FJjn

Reveal hidden contents

1439735876_12-statuette-or-2.jpg0_21c01_93e00f1e_orig.jpg

6750707.jpg

52.jpeg

Slide2.jpg?1480178750

Ummm just no.... no no no.... 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Swede said:

You are incorrect on every single point. For example, your "disaster polygon" includes the Provinces of Saskatchewan, Alberta, and Manitoba and the States of North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Montana, and Wyoming. From cropland to ranch land these provinces and states cumulatively constitute some of the most agriculturally productive land on the planet. Hardly a "disaster zone". As to the Rocky Mountains, you may wish to study the orogeny of such.

I meant Grand Canyon and Monument Valley where the fertile layer was removed and only shrubs grow there:

Spoiler

dolina-monumentov_268.jpg

Dolina_Monumentov_3-700x400.jpg

latest?cb=20111008063548&path-prefix=ru

And where the fields are located on which agricultural crops are grown, these are simply destroyed forests and the yellowish surface I have outlined and which is easily visible from the satellite.

Big Bend Texas Area:

texas_area.jpg

Nebraska:

PineRidgeNRA_8411_115jpg1488322705.jpg?i

Montana:

Pony_Montana_03.JPG

North Dakota,oil fields:

severnaya-dakota-4.jpg

All national parks and canyons of America are the mining quarries of a past civilization:

Spoiler

81pmdR3f0qL._SL1500_.jpg

7ba2842c860c6e840678422ba0b11eae.jpg

NPT-Package-275_grandcanyon48553108fotol

ftd_grandcanyon-shutterstock_88020118.jp

Grand-Canyon1.jpg

Modern ore mining. Visible characteristic bite teeth present on the American canyons above:
0bbd610e48bfb4fa3a367e8a4389f95e50d248a1

111896963_yekskavator_bagger_293_foto_5.

018.jpg

1500026775_8.jpg

22 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Because long term droughts follow changing weather patterns. How do you explain a lessening of rainfall in the Sahara for over 5,000 years?

[/quote]

Anthropogenic modifications to a Savannah Ecosystem exacerbating a shorter period of lessened rain. 

Different patterns again why is there a desert in central Arabia and Asia, and Australia.

[/quote]

Such a question seems to want a single answer.

Expecting a single factor to explain the total amount of desertification globally is daft as expecting orthodox Egyptology to embrace Cladkings assertions on pyramid building.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Coil said:

All national parks and canyons of America are the mining quarries of a past civilization:

My 644B, 6600 and 580E were passed down for a hundred generations and Great Serpent Mound is our shredded tire dump. :yes:

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Coil said:

I meant Grand Canyon and Monument Valley where the fertile layer was removed and only shrubs grow there:

Hide contents

And where the fields are located on which agricultural crops are grown, these are simply destroyed forests and the yellowish surface I have outlined and which is easily visible from the satellite.

Big Bend Texas Area:

Nebraska:

Montana:

North Dakota,oil fields:

Hide contents

Modern ore mining. Visible characteristic bite teeth present on the American canyons above:

So your mystified by erosion huh? Okay 'll let  Swede the "mind flayer" and his minions handle it from here. Have a good time!

Edited by Hanslune
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Hanslune said:

So your mystified by erosion huh? Okay 'll let  Swede the "mind flayer" and his minions handle it from here. Have a good time!

Keep me out of it! :o

On 2019-07-16 at 7:14 PM, Coil said:

If these are cooled volcanoes, then it is clear that these are roads leading to volcanoes.
I adhere to the version that it is one and the same destructive work of ancient civilizations as it was in America in the canyon national parks. And volcanoes are not volcanoes but waste material, slag that turned into rock but which is heated and ejected from the inside to form a volcano. So externally it is a volcano that once worked and there are a lot of them. Therefore, numerous roads are transport branches:

f42ca2a87bfba0c8e2448c2becca801a.jpg

america-desert.png

Your fantasy is amazing