Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do some Magicians have supernatural powers

Grim Reaper 6

Of course it's all fake, but it's fun and entertaining. Many of them aren't trying to be deceitful, they're just creating an illusion. Matt Franco who won on America's got Talent was really cool to watch.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2019 at 3:14 AM, Manwon Lender said:

I have always been interested in magic, and I also always thought it was just illusion. However, now I am kinda on the fence, it seems that some of the Magicians that have been around for the last 10 to 15 are performing magic that goes beyond illusions.

Please add your thoughts on this subject, give examples, and  add links.

Sure, its real. I have a 100% success record making my own Sigils.

When it comes to causation there is linear and non-linear causation. With linear causation you already know about that which is cause and effect relationships. Most people dont know about non-linear causation though. Its when two things separated in space but not time cause each other without being physically connected or connected via a force.

Einstein referred to it as `spooky action at a distance` if you want to look it up. Physics calls it non-locality, philosophy calls it bi-directional causation, Buddhism calls it dependent origination or interdependent existence. Many quantum physicists have views about it which would come as a shock to your typical atheist.

Anyway, we can accept easy enough that cause and effect means our actions affect things in the world around us. But because it upsets peoples worldviews they struggle with accepting that their actions effect aspects of reality elsewhere which they arent connected too.

The Bible teaches a pattern for living intentionally because there is a deeper layer of meaning in the book where they know about spooky action at a distant. Our job in this universe should be seen as learning how to correctly regulate our thoughts, feelings, and actions. When we dont that spooky action at a distance makes changes elsewhere in reality which bring the corrections our way to force us to learn how to regulate our thoughts, feelings, and actions properly.

If we look at the law of attraction someone always wanting to be rich through spooky action at a distance brings their way experiences from reality which continue to make them want to be rich. So to attract wealth we have to invert the law of attraction by always wishing we were poor.

The spiritual opinions of Napoleon were quite interesting because in his books he stated all he ever wanted to do is laze about in bed. So he attracted a busy life where he had to constantly be in the driving seat instead of being able to relax in bed until lunchtime everyday. If he had inverted it and always wanted to be busy he would have been handed a serene and boring life.

I usually get grief for posting this but to rise high in life and show yourself that people really do have supernatural abilities in the process all you have to do is the following.

Spend your days wanting to be poor while hating poor people. Spend your days wishing you could just laze about in bed and hate responsibility. Spend your days wanting to be insignificant while hating being the centre of attention. You will quickly attract wealth, power, and fame into your life. It 100% works, just try it.

So we have covered 2 ways spooky action alters reality via a feedback mechanism to punish us for not regulating our thoughts, feelings, and actions. Let us give you another two.

What you are the universe confirms back to you, what you are not it confirms back to you too. So do not see yourself as poor, or insignificant, or as working too hard. Get them out of your head. Instead see and believe yourself to be better than other people, dominate other people, be greedy, be selfish, let yourself see how you are a magnificent human being with greatness within yourself. Let that narcissism and hedonism fully take you over.

Glue both approaches together and you have it.

And if you dont believe me that look at the successful people that you encounter in your life. Are they narcissistic? Are they hedonistic? Do they boss people around? Do they always come out with comments about how they wish they could have a simpler life? Do they hate poor and insignificant people? Are they mean to poor and insignificant people.

You already know they do and it drives people up the wall thinking that life isn't fair because they behave as what they believe to be a moral human being yet it seems to be all the morons getting somewhere. The moron (although they usually arent conscious of the forces at work) shape reality so that the punishments and corrections they attract are those of the successful people not the unsuccessful ones.

It is much more fun being wealthy while occasionally getting burgled or robbed rather than being poor and constantly having to struggle to make ends meet. You choose your reality, and you choose your punishments as a result.

Finally I would advise looking into sigils and doing the self pleasuring thing to activate them. You want to use what your are, what you arent, what you wish you weren't, and what you hate, in your sigils. Infuse them in and charge it up.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Sad 1

Their superpowers are simply that they are cleverer than those thinking they have superpowers.  And of course nowadays, there is some amazing technology to help them 'cheat'.

Why not nominate the trick which, more than any other, makes you think "that's not possible"?  Then we can have some fun analysing the possibilities.  And spend more time watching Penn & Teller programs.  And Derren Brown.

• Thanks 1

Hey, Rabid, rather than wax lyrical and handwave some very vague examples.... how about you/we come up with a way to test your claims?

I'm happy to help design an experiment online.  What do you think is the most significant way your claims can manifest themselves in reality?

• Like 2

On 1/13/2020 at 3:15 PM, ChrLzs said:

Hey, Rabid, rather than wax lyrical and handwave some very vague examples.... how about you/we come up with a way to test your claims?

I'm happy to help design an experiment online.  What do you think is the most significant way your claims can manifest themselves in reality?

Taptaptap.

Test,

123 test

test 123...  Is this thing on?  tap tap..

Rabid Mongoose, how about some specifics?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/13/2020 at 12:53 AM, RabidMongoose said:

Sure, its real. I have a 100% success record making my own Sigils.

Woop de doo.  And how, in a verifiable way, have they worked to affect reality?

When it comes to causation there is linear and non-linear causation. With linear causation you already know about that which is cause and effect relationships. Most people dont know about non-linear causation though

No, they don't, as you just clearly demonstrated.  Quantum effects, which have no significant effect whatsoever in terms of day to day reality, are just one tiny (and atypical) example of non-linear causality...  And of course you just handwaved them into the conversation without explaining specifics.

Its when two things separated in space but not time cause each other without being physically connected or connected via a force.

NO, IT ISN'T.  We can do that just by shining a light on something

Einstein referred to it as `spooky action at a distance` if you want to look it up. Physics calls it non-locality, philosophy calls it bi-directional causation, Buddhism calls it dependent origination or interdependent existence.

Buddhism does not directly refer to anything of a Quantum nature.  If you claim it does, you need to stop handwaving and explain.

Many quantum physicists have views about it which would come as a shock to your typical atheist.

F'rinstance?  Quantum science is certainly odd and interesting, but it does not explain away the junk you are posting.  As a practising atheist, I am not shocked at all - but then I have actually read up on this stuff and have a reasonable understanding of it, and how it does NOT apply in any way to what you are (vaguely) claiming.

Anyway, we can accept easy enough that cause and effect means our actions affect things in the world around us. But because it upsets peoples worldviews they struggle with accepting that their actions effect aspects of reality elsewhere which they arent connected too.

My worldview is un-upset.  Who are you speaking for?  How about instead of claiming that you are of a superior mindset, you actually back it up and show some evidence, and show us - in step by step, logical fashion - an EXAMPLE. 

Our job in this universe should be seen as learning how to correctly regulate our thoughts, feelings, and actions.

Really?  Who allocated that as the most important task?  IMNSHO, 'our job' should be to learn as much as we can, and apply common sense and logic and a decent methodology.  Oh wait, that would be .....  Science..

When we dont {sic} that spooky action at a distance makes changes elsewhere in reality which bring the corrections our way to force us to learn how to regulate our thoughts, feelings, and actions properly.

First, we need to check if it *is* 'spooky action at a distance'.  So give your best example and let's look at all the other potential explanations (none of which require such spookiness).  Surely it would be closed minded of you to not acknowledge all potential explanations for whatever it is you are claiming (if only we knew what that was...).

If we look at the law of attraction someone always wanting to be rich through spooky action at a distance brings their way experiences from reality which continue to make them want to be rich. So to attract wealth we have to invert the law of attraction by always wishing we were poor.

And your only potential explanation for that is 'spookiness'?  Forgive my mirth.  Tunnel vision much?

I usually get grief for posting this

Quite justifiably...

but to rise high in life and show yourself that people really do have supernatural abilities in the process all you have to do is the following.
Spend your days wanting to be poor while hating poor people.
Spend your days wishing you could just laze about in bed and hate responsibility.
Spend your days wanting to be insignificant while hating being the centre of attention.
You will quickly attract wealth, power, and fame into your life. It 100% works, just try it.

Gee, so mental attitudes affect success.  Who would have thought?!! As an atheist, I'm shocked, I tell you!!!

In other words, Good Grief.

So we have covered 2 ways spooky action alters reality

No, 'we' haven;t.  You've just completely ignored simple human nature.  You don't understand how mental attitudes affect behaviours.

That's just plainly unbelievable.  And close minded - you have only one answer to almost everything, apparently.  'Spookiness'.

Me, I consider all things.  And give a little more weighting to those things that are understood and proven.  You should try that - you'll get suckered less often..

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/13/2020 at 5:15 AM, ChrLzs said:

Why do we need to invent experiments to test non linear causation?

The physicists have had them for nearly 100 years. I suggest you read up or watch a YouTube video on Quantum teleportation. And in case it is over your head ask yourself what you can you know right now from you being where you are about your workplace?

You have information on your workplace by examining yourself despite you being far away from it.

Sigils work by creating a strong imprint on the psyche. It acts like subprogram that works in the background. Altering perception (the RAS) and actions. They change nothing external. 

• Like 4

One more thing about sigils. They are a symbolic language. The subconscious works through image and emotion. A sigil is an image of a intent. That intention may or may not carry emotional weight. If it does or some technique is used to further emotionally empower the idea, then it will leave a stronger impression. That intention will work in the background of the mind till it is realized. They work no different than imagining yourself finding a quarter. If you visualize that every morning and then just go about your day. You'll start noticing lost change, a dime here, nickel there, pennies, oh look a quarter. This is magick. Acts such as drawing down the moon, etc are just ways of releasing neurochemicals that induce altered states of mind or acts as a means of self empowerment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Why do we need to invent experiments to test non linear causation?

The physicists have had them for nearly 100 years.

And as I elucidated above, NONE of that science has anything whatsoever to do with what you are waffling about.  If you want to claim it does...

BE SPECIFIC.  Which particular accepted science applies to the stuff you claim?

Edited by ChrLzs

6 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

And as I elucidated above, NONE of that science has anything whatsoever to do with what you are waffling about.  If you want to claim it does...

BE SPECIFIC.  Which particular accepted science applies to the stuff you claim?

Why do you think it doesnt?

Lets cut all the fancy quantum lingo out and talk in plain English. You can alter the probability describing how a far away object is behaving by gaining information on an object here that has been made identical to it. One true thing for an object must be true for another identical object. 

So you can collapse and/or alter the probability describing how the distance object behaves, and its behaviour matches the new narrowed down probability. I can do voodoo even on you if I wanted and you supplied me with something made identical to you in some way.

Edited by RabidMongoose

34 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Why do you think it doesnt?

Because, apart from anything else, YOU have utterly failed to give a single example - and here's your next completely contentless handwave.

Lets cut all the fancy quantum lingo out and talk in plain English.

Oh yes, let's....  GIVE A DAM EXAMPLE.  An example of something that relates to your life, not a flaming subatomic particle.

You can alter the probability describing how a far away object

WHICH OBJECT?  Give an EXAMPLE.

is behaving by gaining information on an object here

WHICH OBJECT?  Give an EXAMPLE.

that has been made identical to it.

Oh, this is new - sudenly this object has to be absolutely identical to the other?  WHICH OBJECT and HOW do we do that?

Or are you about to FINALLY admit you are talking about sub-atomic particles and not anything that is part of our reality, nor is it related to your dreams of success or failure affecting outcomes, as above.

One true thing for an object must be true for another identical object. 

GIVE an EVERYDAY EXAMPLE and let's see it.

So you can collapse and/or alter the probability describing how the distance object behaves, and its behaviour matches the new narrowed down probability.

For a subatomic particle.

I can do voodoo even on you if I wanted and you supplied me with something made identical to you in some way.

OK, how would i go about that...?

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 8 months later...

There is a magic and there is the magick. When it comes to magicians none of them have any supernatural powers nor they care about it. They are just able in doing what they do and they are paid well for that. Mental magic (mentalism ) fascinates me specifically when it comes to this department.

And magick...well, that's for a different topic.

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

This is that topic. So have at it. 

The Magic  is in the manipulation of other people's minds.  True or False.

Just now, joc said:

The Magic  is in the manipulation of other people's minds.  True or False.

Magick is about changing consciousness. So yes. In fact magick is so mundane that simple words on a screen can be used to do it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As a Christian, I believe in magic. It is not always demonic. It can be Godly energies that are just being used for an individuals own purposes. Either way though Christians are supposed to avoid it.

I do believe that real magicians though don't advertise their powers, and keep them secret.

Those people who are on TV, stages, and in the street, are just skilled technical illusionists. They have little to nothing to do with real magic.

19 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I do believe that real magicians though don't advertise their powers, and keep them secret.

Then how would you even know they exist? :devil:

49 minutes ago, joc said:

Then how would you even know they exist? :devil:

Because the Bible tells us so. :devil:

No, but seriously, I don't know for sure. I've never met a real demonic magician, or magic user. It's just my belief. 

Edited by DieChecker
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DieChecker said:

Because the Bible tells us so. :devil:

No, but seriously, I don't. It's just a belief. 

Those that do 'real magick' are they bad people? 

5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Those that do 'real magick' are they bad people? 

Not all of them. Many, I think, are just misled. I would say it is a sin, but then many good people, myself included, sin every day. Sin isn't evil, its simply going against God. Evil is purposefully hurting/destroying/malice. Even anger and hate aren't evil, but are sinful to dwell on. Anger and Hate can lead to evil, but then that's Dwelling On It, I'd say. 

Edited by DieChecker

1 minute ago, DieChecker said:

Not all of them. Many, I think, are just misled. I would say it is a sin, but then many good people, myself included, sin every day. Sin isn't evil, its simply going against God. Evil is purposefully hurting/destroying/malice. Even anger and hate aren't evil, but are sinful to dwell on.

Has one of these magician actual do anything to you, have you actual met one of them? 

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Has one of these magician actual do anything to you, have you actual met one of them? 

I don't believe I have. Their theoretical theologically. Like a graviton particle. They fill a hole in the mythos.

31 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I don't believe I have. Their theoretical theologically. Like a graviton particle. They fill a hole in the mythos.

So how can you be certain that they are 'bad' people?