Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO expert warns against trying to contact ET

3 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

There are some dandy good evidences, this "eyewitness" excluded, of course, pixii. but you know the old saying in here, all eyewitnesses are hoaxers or confused, radar evidences are wrong, all flur images are misinterpreted,  and all pics are CGI. done!

That's actually a very good point @Earl.Of.Trumps :)  If you come out with what you feel is evidence, you'll either be called a crackpot by the skeptics or praised by the believers.  You'd kinda damned if you do and damned if you don't.  :lol: 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pixiii said:

That's actually a very good point @Earl.Of.Trumps :)  If you come out with what you feel is evidence, you'll either be called a crackpot by the skeptics or praised by the believers.  You'd kinda damned if you do and damned if you don't.  :lol: 

so eot plays it safe he never ever no matter what provides any evidence of his claims, he has lots of great excuses, but nothing else.

oops replace "great" with "lame"...ah, better.

Edited by the13bats
mistyped
  • Like 1

As a nascent technological species we are in a precarious and vulnerable position at our present stage of development. There may be an altogether unpleasant explanation for the Fermi Paradox. Being small and inconspicuous may not be such a bad thing.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

As a nascent technological species we are in a precarious and vulnerable position at our present stage of development. There may be an altogether unpleasant explanation for the Fermi Paradox. Being small and inconspicuous may not be such a bad thing.

the problem is (with Fermi) that there are about a trillion planets in the galaxy and we have yet to explore them. And then there are a trillion more galaxies. so.... where are these evidences supposed to come from??

• Like 1

This thread is a waste of brain cell storage.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

so eot plays it safe he never ever no matter what provides any evidence of his claims, he has lots of great excuses, but nothing else.

right back to trolling eh?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

right back to trolling eh?

yes, yes you are....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

Gosh I hope I explain my thoughts on this properly....warning! It could sound crazy! :P 

The thing that always bothers me is, who says one person is a leading expert on what is truth and gospel so to speak, with regards to what people put forward as evidence, when the skeptical side sees themselves as leading experts in debunking whatever evidence was originally put forward. 

What makes either side of these so-called EXPERTS in UFO evidence the correct side?  Plus this goes for paranormal too (eg. ghost pics etc).  More importantly, how and who sets the original benchmark and decides what is actual authentic evidence?  

There will always be the crowd of believers vs the skeptics.  I guess it's just comes down to personal belief.  I know some people are absolute believers and others are downright skeptics and never the twain shall meet in the middle. I'm more on the fence, as I'd like to believe, but I try to work through it logically/scientifically first before deciding. 

Please tell me if that doesn't make sense.  I feel like I ended up rambling incoherently there, my bad. :lol:  

Edited by pixiii
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, pixiii said:

Gosh I hope I explain my thoughts on this properly....warning! It could sound crazy! :P 

The thing that always bothers me is, who says one person is a leading expert on what is truth and gospel so to speak, with regards to what people put forward as evidence, when the skeptical side sees themselves as leading experts in debunking whatever evidence was originally put forward. 

What makes either side of these so-called EXPERTS in UFO evidence and this goes for paranormal too (eg. ghost pics etc).  More importantly, how and who sets the benchmark and decides what is actual authentic evidence?  

There will always be the crowd of believers vs the skeptics.  I guess it's just comes down to personal belief.  I know some people are absolute believers and others are downright skeptics and never the twain shall meet in the middle. I'm more on the fence, as I'd like to believe, but I try to work through it logically/scientifically first before deciding. 

Please tell me if that doesn't make sense.  I feel like I ended up rambling incoherently there, my bad. :lol:  

it made sense to me, i dont consider myself a slam the door hard core skeptic but im not a blind true believer either, i just seldom believe a story with zero proof.

who sets the benchmark? i set mine and likely you set yours and others set theirs,

mines fairly easy, if you say bigfoot is real at this point i need a specimen, i perfer alive if dead not murdered, or enough of a body so it can be tested and isnt like when dolts tried to pass a bear paw off as a bigfoot hand.

aliens, again i need one here, be it et, paul or klaatu, etc.

ghosts, well again while a bit more tricky i need to see it, and have it testable.

other stuff like phychics, conjurers, people boosting of magic and special powers etc etc after 40 plus years of saying prove it and only getting excuses and ad hominem attacks i let that speak for itself.

for me proof could one day come, i will wait.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wake2 said:

there  is an old saying..."time on recce is seldom wasted"

:huh:   that's easy for you to say!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On the contrary, if ETs with the technology to get here wanted to take over, subjugate, or destroy us, they'd have done so already and there's absolutely nothing we could do to stop it. That simple fact seems to get lost on people whose lives are ruled by fears and paranoias. I refuse to live in fear, if a ship landed near me, I'd probably knock on the door and invite the occupants out for a nice glass of ice water just in case interstellar travel turns out to be thirsty work.

• Thanks 1

Whenever anyone talks about trying to contact aliens I always get the vision of a bunch of Mayans standing on the shore trying to get the attention of Cortes' ships.

4 hours ago, Calibeliever said:

Whenever anyone talks about trying to contact aliens I always get the vision of a bunch of Mayans standing on the shore trying to get the attention of Cortes' ships.

hum, imagine if the aliens were a race of trumps.

4 hours ago, Calibeliever said:

Not a bad analogy!

Look. read the bible. In the Book of Genisis .forgot the chapter, it speaks of the Sons of God finding the daughters of men pleaseing, and they mated with them. My late father thought that perhasp mankind was visited long ago by aliens or some other beings that helped advance man's evolution. Mankind had to learn from one one or something the art of building,tool making,growing food etc.Look at various places like Machu Pichu and others were you have these blocks of stone fitted so perfectly it is almost impossible to slip a knife between the blocks.All kinds of archeological mysteries in regards to building or other things. He wasn't nutty, far from it. He just believed there was more to human history than what the academics spew out.
Have seen where some pastors, forgot where, believe that aliens aren't nice, but demons.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, HollyDolly said:

Look. read the bible. In the Book of Genisis .forgot the chapter, it speaks of the Sons of God finding the daughters of men pleaseing, and they mated with them. My late father thought that perhasp mankind was visited long ago by aliens or some other beings that helped advance man's evolution. Mankind had to learn from one one or something the art of building,tool making,growing food etc.Look at various places like Machu Pichu and others were you have these blocks of stone fitted so perfectly it is almost impossible to slip a knife between the blocks.All kinds of archeological mysteries in regards to building or other things. He wasn't nutty, far from it. He just believed there was more to human history than what the academics spew out.
Have seen where some pastors, forgot where, believe that aliens aren't nice, but demons.

I'm with your late father when he says that there's more to human history that what academics put forward. But given the totality of current 'evidence', Occam's Razor wins out. The human animal was more than capable of 'figuring out' how to take advantage of grains and figuring out that farming allowed for a more comfortable existence. Tool making is a product of figuring out how to use what's at your disposal to do a job more efficiently. And building techniques evolved over time. These advancements didn't happen in the 'blink of an eye' a AA enthusiasts will have you believe. We have archaeological evidence all around that shows the evolution of man's technology. Again, I'm not saying there weren't aliens, I'm just saying they weren't necessary.

As for the bible story all I have to offer is: that is interesting.

Edited by Calibeliever

i grew up oohing and aahing over things like chariots of the gods, and i did hunt for explanations other than accepting gee, these ancient people were a bunch of dumbards no way they could have done anything if they didnt have the help of aliens, it seemed like a huge insult to the people and riddled with flaws,

i didnt see any evidence of any epic tech involved, no acme lasers were unearthed for cutting or lining things up, no mp3 player, no real evidence at all no smoking ray gun,

the more i researched it the more i doubted aliens were involved, and realized these people did what they did out of need and desire.

On 7/16/2019 at 11:26 AM, pixiii said:

There's plenty of evidence for UFOs or UAP. Hessdalen comes to mind and plenty of radar tracks. Not one RADAR track has ever shown a UFO coming from, or leaving via the atmosphere let alone the solar system. There's very good reason to accept UFOs as real, none to connect them with space. The most likely option appears to be natural phenomenon and misidentification. 

• Like 4

I am a sceptic. I can’t entirely rule anything out—as I also can’t prove extraterrestrial life isn’t coming here, etc., but, I find evidence against that sort of thing much, much more believable. It seems very unlikely. I have never seen credible evidence (not that there aren’t some interesting cases which are fun to mull over, yet nothing very convincing). That said, I do think that there is a danger in the event Earth life ever hypothetically attempts contact.

I’ll explain. I find it much more believable that alien life exists in the universe than so-called intelligent life coming to this planet for various reasons. In fact, I wouldn’t be too surprised to learn that microorganisms exist in this solar system. There is more plausibility there than “grey aliens” coming to Earth jaunting around in tech. With a brief look at life on this planet, it is inherent that most terrestrial life has basic needs like protecting itself and sustenance. If that archetype extends beyond this planet, any hypothetical life in the universe may be hostile to outsiders. In fact, a lot of life here is deadly to humans.

Sure, we get along with some other mammals OK. Some. But there are viruses, insects, arachnids, bacteria, and much more. Any life that may exist elsewhere in the universe would probably be unrecognizable and would seem like extremophiles to humans or much of life on Earth.

I had a dream onetime many years ago of giant extraterrestrial space ticks—existing in the vacuum of space—finding their way to Earth accidentally. They were like ticks. Although they were completely different. They ate cats mainly, but they killed people too. Now, that was a dream and there is no evidence of stuff like that existing. Given how nature works, I find deadly extremophiles far more plausible that intelligent life as we know it.

It is just a big unknown. In nature, flies find their way into spiderwebs all the time and are devoured. They had no clue of the web’s existence prior to getting caught in it. If there is life out there—and it is a big if—we, as a species, should be very careful about possibilities we are blind to.

17 hours ago, psyche101 said:

There's plenty of evidence for UFOs or UAP. Hessdalen comes to mind and plenty of radar tracks. Not one RADAR track has ever shown a UFO coming from, or leaving via the atmosphere let alone the solar system. There's very good reason to accept UFOs as real, none to connect them with space. The most likely option appears to be natural phenomenon and misidentification. 

Psyche,  If you watched all the TSA vids, there is one instance where Day, the USS Princeton Spy1 radar operator, talked about how this nonstop parade of  groups of 5-10 UFOs would suddenly come in to view "AS IF" they were coming in from space.

It truly does not prove the case but 1) how could radar definitively make that decide thee case - with the possible exception of advanced military radar , and 2) what military with that kind of capability would ever release the information? Surely that would be classified. So we really have no clue even if it is true. You just can't rely on... "we've never seen them enter from outer space, ergo, they are not from outer space" - which is just as faulty as "so,... it must be aliens". 

Personally, I am at ease knowing the UFOs are earthbound and have been for a very long time. There will always be the uncertainty - even if they could determine these crafts do indeed come from outer space at some point, about who controls them, because it still could be humans. I know that's a real far fetched thing to consider but it has to be proven who *before* we could say. The ultimate answer may be an even bigger surprise than "aliens".

Just opining.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skulduggery said:

I am a sceptic. I can’t entirely rule anything out—

Well, then you are not a skeptic, you are a realist lol.  Welcome in, Skul

as I also can’t prove extraterrestrial life isn’t coming here, etc., but, I find evidence against that sort of thing much, much more believable. It seems very unlikely. I have never seen credible evidence (not that there aren’t some interesting cases which are fun to mull over, yet nothing very convincing). That said, I do think that there is a danger in the event Earth life ever hypothetically attempts contact.

I’ll explain. I find it much more believable that alien life exists in the universe than so-called intelligent life coming to this planet for various reasons. In fact, I wouldn’t be too surprised to learn that microorganisms exist in this solar system. There is more plausibility there than “grey aliens” coming to Earth jaunting around in tech.

Skul, there are some one trillion planets just in our own galaxy and another 2 trillion galaxies to consider. But let's just say we talk about our own galaxy to try and keep it simple. How long would it take to inspect one trillion planets for signs of life - even if we knew how to use wormhole technology to help us zip to any point the galaxy in days? and which planets do we go to first?  you see...? And if humans are faced with this enormous task, so are alleged intelligent beings elsewhere in the galaxy. Our not being found within the few thousand years of human existence is of little surprise *unless* the number of planets in the MW with intelligent beings is in the hundreds of millions or even billions.

With that said, I still see very strong evidences that we have in the past been visited by intelligent beings. And if so, it speaks volumes.

With a brief look at life on this planet, it is inherent that most terrestrial life has basic needs like protecting itself and sustenance. If that archetype extends beyond this planet, any hypothetical life in the universe may be hostile to outsiders. In fact, a lot of life here is deadly to humans.

*If* it extends to life forms beyond this planet...?  If it doesn't, they're dead before long.  But if they have the intelligence to get here, I'm not worried about them arriving hungry :)

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
typo

Just a thought thread imparted to you so I can here myself blab on and on :)

Look at micro technology on planet earth right now (technology using one micrometer tolerance) . It is absolutely amazing. Beyond electronic circuitry they can now produce incredibly tiny mechanical devices as well.

So how out of the realm of possibility is it that extremely tiny - hence, inexpensive, space exploration vehicles could be made by the billions sometime in our future? It seems realistic, does it not? An advanced civilization - or many in conjunction with each other in the MW galaxy, may have done exactly that billions of years ago and perhaps even witnessed this planet of earth be born. possible, huh? Maybe that's how they may know we are here.

food for thought, mon amis.

1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Just a thought thread imparted to you so I can here myself blab on and on :)

Look at micro technology on planet earth right now (technology using one micrometer tolerance) . It is absolutely amazing. Beyond electronic circuitry they can now produce incredibly tiny mechanical devices as well.

So how out of the realm of possibility is it that extremely tiny - hence, inexpensive, space exploration vehicles could be made by the billions sometime in our future? It seems realistic, does it not? An advanced civilization - or many in conjunction with each other in the MW galaxy, may have done exactly that billions of years ago and perhaps even witnessed this planet of earth be born. possible, huh? Maybe that's how they may know we are here.

food for thought, mon amis.

LOL...Stop reading so  much David Icke.

Edited by Minimalists

1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Well, then you are not a skeptic, you are a realist lol.  Welcome in, Skul

Skul, there are some one trillion planets just in our own galaxy and another 2 trillion galaxies to consider. But let's just say we talk about our own galaxy to try and keep it simple. How long would it take to inspect one trillion planets for signs of life - even if we knew how to use wormhole technology to help us zip to any point the galaxy in days? and which planets do we go to first?  you see...? And if humans are faced with this enormous task, so are alleged intelligent beings elsewhere in the galaxy. Our not being found within the few thousand years of human existence is of little surprise *unless* the number of planets in the MW with intelligent beings is in the hundreds of millions or even billions.

With that said, I still see very strong evidences that we have in the past been visited by intelligent beings. And if so, it speaks volumes.

*If* it extends to life forms beyond this planet...?  If it doesn't, they're dead before long.  But if they have the intelligence to get here, I'm not worried about them arriving hungry :)

The definition of sceptic is a person inclined to question or doubt accepted opinions. I can say it is possible this planet has been visited but also posit that the odds for that are very slim and therefore I doubt it very much and I am still a sceptic.

As for the rest of your retort, I never said it is possible to traverse the universe and search for it, wormhole technology or not.