Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO expert warns against trying to contact ET

9 minutes ago, Minimalists said:

LOL...Stop reading so  much David Icke.

i know it's been stated before in this thread, but i feel a need to emphasize:

ufo expert!?! what TF is that?:)

• Thanks 3

Just now, Dejarma said:

i know it's been stated before in this thread, but i feel a need to emphasize:

ufo expert!?! what TF is that?:)

There are no experts....No degree required in this field of pure speculation.

• Like 1

Just now, Minimalists said:

There are no experts....No degree required in this field of pure speculation.

well of course.. if your life & way of thinking revolves around rational thinking/ basic common sense & more often than not <the bleeding obvious> then IMO it's a null subject;)

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

well of course.. if your life & way of thinking revolves around rational thinking/ basic common sense & more often than not <the bleeding obvious> then IMO it's a null subject;)

Rational thinking and common sense are not required just a staunch belief in the argument from ignorance...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Minimalists said:

Rational thinking and common sense are not required just a staunch belief in the argument from ignorance...

yep.. to the likes of you & i this has been <the bleeding obvious> for a long time!

but the 'experts' need to sell books etc to the gullable so who are we to challenge it??? ;)

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

yep.. to the likes of you & i this has been <the bleeding obvious> for a long time!

but the 'experts' need to sell books etc to the gullable so who are we to challenge it??? ;)

Yep...I am about fed up with it and going to move on to something else...

Just now, Minimalists said:

Yep...I am about fed up with it and going to move on to something else...

like what- bigfoot maybe?

come with me on a haggis hunt= that'll give you something to think about;)

1 minute ago, Dejarma said:

No..That would be going from one joke to the other....

I will pass on this thanks.

• Like 1

seems these "jokes" keep us coming back for entertainment

5 hours ago, Dejarma said:

A null subject...

that you just can't get your nose out of.  LOL. you people are too much. you still can't even come to grips as to how much the UFO phenomena has control on you.  And yet you can't wait to get in my face and tell me how dumb I am

Preach to me. :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

that you just can't get your nose out of.  LOL

yeah LOL, i know-- i agree it is weird why the likes of me bother:wacko:

i feel i want it all to be real= (aliens exist & are here on this planet) but maybe i'm frightened of the truth? the truth being they are here? what do you think?

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

A null subject...

that you just can't get your nose out of.  LOL. you people are too much. you still can't even come to grips as to how much the UFO phenomena has control on you.  And yet you can't wait to get in my face and tell me how dumb I am

not so fast, i dont think anyone here is dumb, i think some people are trolls or just got a screw loose, or both,

i do admit i find it ridiculous that UFO =alien to some people, it clouds and confuses things, a UFO could be anything but once it is identified its by defination no longer a UFO,

so yeah, when you call people "neverufoers" it doesnt make sense to me, you should say "neveralieners" or whatever i actually have never met a person who doesnt believe UFOs exist, and some are proven to be this or that prosaic thing, some do remain unexplained but for me zero are proven to be alien, however i do know some true believers do think some or all UFOs are alien.

• Like 2

There are two different (well more than two but for now) things that kind of jump out at me on the question of should we try to contact aliens. The first obvious one is don’t do it because the culture shock could destroy our society the same way Amazonian tribes are destroyed becoming incapable dependents.

The other possibility that says maybe do it hinges on one condition which we wouldn’t know the answer to until after the fact and that is each species must have something that only the other can provide that will greatly improve conditions for both if traded.

If the second thing happened it would probably completely alter the power structure of each species because whoever was the point of contact would immediately become the wealthiest most powerful group in their respective societies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, OverSword said:

There are two different (well more than two but for now) things that kind of jump out at me on the question of should we try to contact aliens. The first obvious one is don’t do it because the culture shock could destroy our society the same way Amazonian tribes are destroyed becoming incapable dependents.

The other possibility that says maybe do it hinges on one condition which we wouldn’t know the answer to until after the fact and that is each species must have something that only the other can provide that will greatly improve conditions for both if traded.

If the second thing happened it would probably completely alter the power structure of each species because whoever was the point of contact would immediately become the wealthiest most powerful group in their respective societies.

a persons political party likes aside im not into politics but we as humans are in a mess and many in charge are making it worse, i would love a movie like the abyss to come true and some advanced alien race say enoughs enough play nice or we will take you all out, of course if that happened in real life a few would try to choose off the aliens and hopefully the aliens would reconize the dbags take them out and let most of us move on.

fantasy aside it doesnt much matter if we do or dont try to contact aliens, if they are out there at this point in technology we cannot go visit them assuming something like seti got a signal and it wasnt so old that race was long dead,

and if their tech was up there they would already be here or have contacted us if they desired  good or bad intentions.

Edited by the13bats
mistyped
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, the13bats said:

and if their tech was up there they would already be here or have contacted us if they desired  good or bad intentions.

Yeah I kind of think that regardless of a negative affect on us if space travelers had spent the time and resources to travel here and found us they would grab the opportunity and contact us. But everything we presently know about physics and other factors indicates that we probably don’t have to worry too much about contact with aliens 

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

nope, alien contact short of wild sci fi coming true likely will never happen, a bit sad to me since i do believe the universe is vast enough to have other intellegent life, yet we will never meet them or even know for sure.

Dr. Steven Hawking  one of the most brilliant minds of this century, has made it clear that making Alien contact is not something we should attempt to do. Simply because any Alien race that could hypothetically receive and understand a signal we sent out into space and then have the ability to travel to our location. Would be so advanced that we would appear very very primitive to them and this fact alone could lead to our destruction intentionally or by accident. 

All the space movies we grew up watching are from a human perspective, however, in reality we have no idea how an Alien race would perceive us. Just like here on earth there is good and bad, I suspect that this also may hold true throughout the universe.

JIMO

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

A null subject...

Sick of preaching to you..You're going to believe everything you're told about this subject no matter how stupid or irrational it may seem...You just take the argument from ignorance to a whole other level.....Remember what the "U" in UFO stands for...."Unidentified!"  What does unidentified mean to you? To you it basically means "aliens from another planet." Even though there is not the slightest bit of evidence circumstantial or otherwise to prove it.

Same goes for the USS Nimitz and Roosevelt encounters...There is not a single solitary soul here been able to produce anything from the US Navy about these encounters..Oh sure there are a lot of opinions...But we are all so far down the rabbit hole by now there is no way out! (Off Topic!)

So what the hell do we have at this point?

(1)...Absolutely no evidence of aliens being on Earth or ever having visited Earth.

(2)...Hoaxes, scams, lies and half truths.

(3)...Conspiracy Theory....One of the major players in this entire scheme.

(4)...Absolutely no proof of UFOs being craft from another planet.

(5)...People assuming the argument from ignorance is some kind of hard evidence.

(6)...Absolutely no evidence produced by anyone that the videos of the Nimitz or Roosevelt were faked.(This is off topic.)

(7)...People assuming cover up with no evidence to the contrary.

It's all one big circle of he said she said they said BS....It's like a dog chasing it's tail and never catching it....Those in ufology have gotten so desperate that they have threw all their chips into the pot hoping the military will prove their case.

There are no "UFO Experts!" The definition of a UFO Expert is a conspiracy theorists with an agenda....Looking for a way to validate what they believe to be true..And you always hear this word in Ufology "Truth"! I don't think there is a single solitary person within the field of ufology that knows what the word means....be you skeptic or believer.

Faith is the most dangerous word in any language and more so here because it leads right back down that rabbit hole!

Edited by Minimalists

13 hours ago, Dejarma said:

yeah LOL, i know-- i agree it is weird why the likes of me bother:wacko:

i feel i want it all to be real= (aliens exist & are here on this planet) but maybe i'm frightened of the truth? the truth being they are here? what do you think?

I think they may have been here for a billion years

7 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I think they may have been here for a billion years

please just show me any evidence a grain of proof why you think this, no side stepping just post your evudence why you feel this way.

13 hours ago, the13bats said:

1) They have a choice of a trillion planets in our galaxy to go to and explore. Ya think we have a big neon sign in the sky that says "#MeFirst. Really kewl humans here"?
2) Maybe, as oversword cogently outlined, they do not want to ruin our civilization because of their complete superiority. Our political, religious - and especially scientific leaders would never be  able to properly lead our societies again.

I opt for #2 because I believe they actually do know we're here. It also ties in very nicely with why our world leaders are so reluctant to discuss known UFOs in their entirety.

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Minimalists said:

Sick of preaching to you..You're going to believe everything you're told about this subject no matter how stupid or irrational it may seem...You just take the argument from ignorance to a whole other level.....

Rant much?  :rolleyes:  All you really have to do, if you are sick of preaching to me is... stop preaching to me. Better, put me on "ignore".  I'm no sheep, minimalist. And UM has established UFO boards for us (EoT INCLUDED) to discuss ideas. Who the hell are you to tell me not to express my opinions when the facts simply are not known in order for you to condemn what I say

Remember what the "U" in UFO stands for...."Unidentified!"  What does unidentified mean to you? To you it basically means "aliens from another planet." Even though there is not the slightest bit of evidence circumstantial or otherwise to prove it.

prove it...?  Why don't you first prove that I espouse the notion that Aliens are in those UFOs. catch me ANYWHERE in UM where I have said that. I leave it open to possibility, of course, because the reality is... we don't know. And "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence".

If you admit that it is possible that ETs exist, then why do you get so bullsh!t at just the notion that ET's might  be buzzing  our planet? is that not possible, too? If theories and ideas bother you, UM is NOT the place for you. seriously. It's not me that is misplaced here. I know one thing, UM mods will NEVER stop be from talking about ETs - *if* I were to do it.

Same goes for the USS Nimitz and Roosevelt encounters...There is not a single solitary soul here been able to produce anything from the US Navy about these encounters..Oh sure there are a lot of opinions...But we are all so far down the rabbit hole by now there is no way out! (Off Topic!)

So what the hell do we have at this point?

(1)...Absolutely no evidence of aliens being on Earth or ever having visited Earth.

(2)...Hoaxes, scams, lies and half truths.

(3)...Conspiracy Theory....One of the major players in this entire scheme.

(4)...Absolutely no proof of UFOs being craft from another planet.

(5)...People assuming the argument from ignorance is some kind of hard evidence.

Really,, minimalist!?!?  Your 1-4 are Ok with me. Calling me ignorant?? come on, dude. Why you take it out on my hide is another matter.  I can theorize all I want. and again, show me where I claim, "So.. it must be Aliens", speaking of bullsh!t.

(6)...Absolutely no evidence produced by anyone that the videos of the Nimitz or Roosevelt were faked.(This is off topic.)

(7)...People assuming cover up with no evidence to the contrary.

6) So the materials on the videos getting internal approval by the Department of Defense means " no evidence" to you, right??  YOu're such a BS artist.  And I don't NEED strong evidence to express my opinion here it UM, min. Why must everyone in here conform to your f'n opinion? who the hell made you UM dictator??

It's all one big circle of he said she said they said BS....

No sh!t, Shirlock. That is *excactly* why it is at UM. If we knew the answers it would no longer be an unexplained mystery.
You just hate it when people have varied opinions - especially the ones that disagree with yours.
DId you take stereologist out to the wood shed when he said the the tic-tac UFOs were birds and balloons...?  Ar you shifting me?????
You're as prejudice as the day is long.

It's like a dog chasing it's tail and never catching it....Those in ufology have gotten so desperate that they have threw all their chips into the pot hoping the military will prove their case.

There are no "UFO Experts!" The definition of a UFO Expert is a conspiracy theorists with an agenda....Looking for a way to validate what they believe to be true..And you always hear this word in Ufology "Truth"! I don't think there is a single solitary person within the field of ufology that knows what the word means....be you skeptic or believer.

Faith is the most dangerous word in any language and more so here because it leads right back down that rabbit hole!

gets some help, dude.  rants like this over pure speculation show poor mental stability. You can't dominate me, except with the truth

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

please just show me any evidence a grain of proof why you think this, no side stepping just post your evudence why you feel this way.

I don't have any.

I just think that people truly think that the rise of the alien coincides with birth of the human species, which is inane since the galaxy has been around billions of years. So it is far more likely that aliens are billions of years older than us, rather than a million yeas or some such nonsense