Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO expert warns against trying to contact ET

1 hour ago, Hazzard said:

But why Earth?

Potential habitable zone status as of November 2013, astronomers reported, based on Kepler space mission data, that there could be as many as 40 billion Earth-sized planets orbiting in the habitable zones of Sun-like stars and red dwarfs in the Milky Way, 11 billion of which may be orbiting Sun-like stars.  I think its likely that most of them doesnt have intelligent life. If I were ET looking for a new home, I would choose a world that hasnt developed intelligent life yet.Dont get me wrong.I understand that some people love the idea of Earth or its human inhabitants have not only attracted the attention of galactic neighbors, but encouraged them to visit. But frankly, the numbers dont give much support to this somewhat self-indulgent idea.

Maybe we are the tastiest morsels in the universe?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Robotic Jew said:

Maybe we are the tastiest morsels in the universe?

No man, we have the finest b****es... I mean beaches in the universe

• Haha 1

I just had this thought, suppose that ufos and underwater ufos are real, since we havent been invaded could it be that these ufos are part of some sort of refuggee camps, where instead of invading they hide, and if they hide what or who do they hide from? So no, we shluld not try and contact ets

1 hour ago, godnodog said:

I just had this thought, suppose that ufos and underwater ufos are real, since we havent been invaded could it be that these ufos are part of some sort of refuggee camps, where instead of invading they hide, and if they hide what or who do they hide from? So no, we shluld not try and contact ets

They could also be anthropologist seeing monkees playing with fire.

Damn tablet, hit the quote button instead of edit

Edited by godnodog
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, godnodog said:

UFOs are real, they just haven't been identified. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

UFOs are real, they just haven't been identified. 

true, I was just assuming for a moment they were indeed non human crafts

8 hours ago, godnodog said:

I've been saying for some time in these UFO boards that I thought they were from planets that were destroyed or turned unlivable.

Just a theory but one to ponder because planets do get destroyed all the time. So where do inhabitants go?

• Thanks 1

On 8/6/2019 at 5:00 PM, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I've been saying for some time in these UFO boards that I thought they were from planets that were destroyed or turned unlivable.

Just a theory but one to ponder because planets do get destroyed all the time. So where do inhabitants go?

Assuming anyone out there ever invented startravel, FTL, Warp Speed or the much loved hyperdrive. If no one did then it would be pretty much impossible to visit another civilisation because of the crazy distances involved. 

The galaxy might be filled to the rim with intelligent inhabitants but we will never know because they are and will always be to far away.

Edited by Hazzard
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Hazzard said:

Assuming anyone out there ever invented startravel, FTL, Warp Speed or the much loved hyperdrive. If no one did then it would be pretty much impossible to visit another civilisation because of the crazy distances involved. 

The galaxy might be filled to the rim with intelligent inhabitants but we will never know because they are and will always be to far away.

I agree with you but naturally, I do assume that civilizations far more experienced than ours have found such a reasonable way to traverse a galaxy. That may sound crazy but if you told children in 1900, before anyone ever flew, that they will live to see the day that man lands on the moon, that would sound just as crazy.

Humans have been around a mere 1/4 million years and most of our technology discovered in the last few hundred. The MW galaxy is 13.4 billion years old so, humans of planet earth are the embryos of this galaxy and we are just beginning to emerge.

I have full confidence that some technology will be discovered some day that makes intra galactic travel possible. The ETs did, so why not us?

9 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I agree with you but naturally, I do assume that civilizations far more experienced than ours have found such a reasonable way to traverse a galaxy. That may sound crazy but if you told children in 1900, before anyone ever flew, that they will live to see the day that man lands on the moon, that would sound just as crazy.

Humans have been around a mere 1/4 million years and most of our technology discovered in the last few hundred. The MW galaxy is 13.4 billion years old so, humans of planet earth are the embryos of this galaxy and we are just beginning to emerge.

I have full confidence that some technology will be discovered some day that makes intra galactic travel possible. The ETs did, so why not us?

Unless god ol Albert was right, and the speed of light is the universal speedlimit. If that is the case then the neighbours might know of eachother but they/we will never meet. We might as well be alone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I really don't think so. We have been dreaming of going to the moon for centuries. One of the first films depicted this in 1902

220px-Le_Voyage_dans_la_lune.jpg

That means we are amongst the oldest parts of the universe. The universe had to evolve too, what indicates that other life is likely to have existed millions of years before wea mansged to make the journey from single celled organisms to complex intelligent life? 

I have full confidence that some technology will be discovered some day that makes intra galactic travel possible.

What makes you confident that physics is wrong or can be circumvented? 

How strong is your knowledge of physics which says light is as fast as anything can go? (and you have to be massless to achieve that speed) 

The ETs did, so why not us?

That's not true at all. That's your personal predetermined conclusion which cannot be supported. 

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1