Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Spiritual or science

God Lover

I was about to hop in the shower but I heard in a whisper Ashhhlynnnn, and I turn around to discover nothing.And so my thoughts believed that it was a fly.But was it a fly or were spirits trying to tell me something or get my attention, we will never know what do you think and believe?

Just now, XenoFish said:

Spirits don't exist.

How do you know just because you never seen it before doesn’t mean they’re not really there 

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

I spent too many years in the occult. They're figment of the imagination.

Okay fine but have you seen anything at all?

13 minutes ago, God Lover said:

Okay fine but have you seen anything at all?

I don't talk in detail about my past. If you want to believe it's a spirit, so be it. Just be careful how and how much you feed those thoughts. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

I don't talk in detail about my past. If you want to believe it's a spirit, so be it. Just be careful how and how much you feed those thoughts. 

What do you mean???

41 minutes ago, God Lover said:

I was about to hop in the shower but I heard in a whisper Ashhhlynnnn, and I turn around to discover nothing.And so my thoughts believed that it was a fly.But was it a fly or were spirits trying to tell me something or get my attention, we will never know what do you think and believe?

Does someone in your house call you a lot?

That can produce audio hallucinations.

Research has found that when you expect to hear sound, the brain's auditory cortex is activated in the same way as when you're actually hearing sound. The brain often fills in gaps where it thinks sound should exist, as the examples in the video show. This, AsapSCIENCE explains, is called “temporal induction.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/why-your-brain-sometimes-hears-sounds-that-dont-exist/ar-AAzU5c4

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Does someone in your house call you a lot?

That can produce audio hallucinations.

You might be right 

• Like 4

Why is this thread titled "Spiritual or Science"? 

• Haha 4

It was me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

On 7/16/2019 at 1:32 PM, God Lover said:

Well, one, just so you don’t waste water, pay attention to your shower. ;)  (Ok, that was uncalled for......... so I’ll move on) 

((a little comic relief?!?!?)) .......... :alien:  

Now, my thoughts would be..............you looked around and saw nothing, did you try to do more thinking in how you heard that? Granted, maybe it was what you think it is. But, it could be something else entirely too. That’s what I do, when I hear (and see) unusual stuff. (And this is despite my interest in weird and paranormal stuff :D ) I think, one should still actively try to find an understandable explanation for it. And, I think, look into your surrounding environment to see likely reasons. Like being emerged in running water, and how that might skew what you are hearing. Did you turn off the shower to see if you can hear it again? 

I often think I hear slight conversations coming from my running air conditioners. I don’t know if it’s true, because the sounds of a running air conditioner con misconstrue sounds around it, I think. Or, it’s probably getting frequencies from nearby radio waves or something of the like. (Must include that this is my thinking, and....... I could be really way off in the explanation! :o  :w00t:  )  I have come by to that thinking, but remembering playing with walki talkies as a kid and getting people talking from truck drivers and such. And later on, hearing phone conversations coming from baby monitors and such. I have had people tell me that they were getting radio stations from their silver fillings!! :wacko:  :w00t:  (and maybe that’s a bit off too. *shrugs*). 

One thing that gets me here on this thread, that it’s based on what one can get from conjecture or assumptions. Why encourage that, and what one can get from assumptions? Are we using the feelings from assumptions as proof, or you’ll see people’s thoughts on assumptions as proof of something? 

For me, I don’t think it’s any kind of spectacular big step toward material flushing of the spirit. ;)  

On 7/16/2019 at 1:47 PM, XenoFish said:

It was your imagination.

Yeah, I can’t help but feel that conclusion should be heavily considered. ;)  

There are times, as I wake up and lie there before getting up, I sometimes hear moans or hums coming from me, and yet I don’t remember purposely making them. My imagination could be, considering I’m still trying to become fully awake. *shrugs* 

On 7/16/2019 at 4:00 PM, Desertrat56 said:

Why is this thread titled "Spiritual or Science"? 

I’m thinking, science is considered, but it’s kind of reaching to consider it. I don’t know, maybe their is the assumption that responders will put science to it. ;)  :D  

• Like 3

On 7/17/2019 at 6:58 AM, Rlyeh said:

It was me.

Have you been visiting me in the mornings?!?!?!? ;)  :devil:  

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Nahhhh... that was me, @Rlyeh told me to drop by.. 

:ph34r:

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, third_eye said:
8 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Nahhhh... that was me, @Rlyeh told me to drop by.. 

I knew it!! 

You two!!! :no:  :devil:  :rofl: B)

Edited by Stubbly_Dooright
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Well, one, just so you don’t waste water, pay attention to your shower. ;)  (Ok, that was uncalled for......... so I’ll move on) 

Now, my thoughts would be..............you looked around and saw nothing, did you try to do more thinking in how you heard that? Granted, maybe it was what you think it is. But, it could be something else entirely too. That’s what I do, when I hear (and see) unusual stuff. (And this is despite my interest in weird and paranormal stuff :D ) I think, one should still actively try to find an understandable explanation for it. And, I think, look into your surrounding environment to see likely reasons. Like being emerged in running water, and how that might skew what you are hearing. Did you turn off the shower to see if you can hear it again? 

I often think I hear slight conversations coming from my running air conditioners. I don’t know if it’s true, because the sounds of a running air conditioner con misconstrue sounds around it, I think. Or, it’s probably getting frequencies from nearby radio waves or something of the like. (Must include that this is my thinking, and....... I could be really way off in the explanation! :o  :w00t:  )  I have come by to that thinking, but remembering playing with walki talkies as a kid and getting people talking from truck drivers and such. And later on, hearing phone conversations coming from baby monitors and such. I have had people tell me that they were getting radio stations from their silver fillings!! :wacko:  :w00t:  (and maybe that’s a bit off too. *shrugs*). 

One thing that gets me here on this thread, that it’s based on what one can get from conjecture or assumptions. Why encourage that, and what one can get from assumptions? Are we using the feelings from assumptions as proof, or you’ll see people’s thoughts on assumptions as proof of something? 

For me, I don’t think it’s any kind of spectacular big step toward material flushing of the spirit. ;)  

There are times, as I wake up and lie there before getting up, I sometimes hear moans or hums coming from me, and yet I don’t remember purposely making them. My imagination could be, considering I’m still trying to become fully awake. *shrugs* 

I’m thinking, science is considered, but it’s kind of reaching to consider it. I don’t know, maybe their is the assumption that responders will put science to it. ;)  :D  

That assumption of people putting science to it (bad and good) is well met.  But, why do you think it might be "spiritual" and what does that word mean to you?  Why not use "paranormal"?  AND why does people consider the two are opposites?  They aren't.

Edited by Desertrat56

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:
10 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

That assumption of people putting science to it (bad and good) is well met.  But, why do you think it might be "spiritual" and what does that word mean to you?  Why not use "paranormal"?  AND why does people consider the two are opposites?  They aren't.

Are you asking me or the OP? 

I thought your original questions was well met. And was kind of joking about the assumption that maybe the OP was assuming other posters would add the science to it. ;)  

Also, a bit confused in what you are asking. (The OP or me) because, I thought I put in that doing a little searching, (possibly seeing a maybe ‘science’ way of looking at it. I mean, that’s how I look at it. 

I guess, we have to wait until the OP puts his 2 cents in to answer. *shrugs* 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

I thought your original questions was well met. And was kind of joking about the assumption that maybe the OP was assuming other posters would add the science to it. ;)  

Also, a bit confused in what you are asking. (The OP or me) because, I thought I put in that doing a little searching, (possibly seeing a maybe ‘science’ way of looking at it. I mean, that’s how I look at it. 

I was asking the OP.  How did I do that?  I thought the OP answered you and me.

Now I look at it you are answering for the OP, or making comments.  Still, why do you think people consider science and spiritual opposite?

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:
31 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

I was asking the OP.  How did I do that?  I thought the OP answered you and me.

I don't think the Op had the chance yet. *shrugs* 

Now I look at it you are answering for the OP, or making comments.  Still, why do you think people consider science and spiritual opposite?

Now, that is a question I find intriguing. Science and spiritual as considered opposite or not? :hmm:  

I personally, consider there might be some similarities to some spiritual elements to science, like how there might be a physical essence and can be 'seen', if that is a better word for it, in a science outlook. But, I personally consider it, and not always a way to see it as a constant way of looking at it. In the end, I like to always consider of always researching it it in every way possible. :yes:  

Why do people consider it? Maybe, in a nutshell, science shows objective proof or outlooks, as spiritually considerations can not be. My meaning, it will never be objectively pointed out, most in subjective and personally ways. 

But again, that's how I would consider it an answer to that question. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

I don't think the Op had the chance yet. *shrugs* 

Now, that is a question I find intriguing. Science and spiritual as considered opposite or not? :hmm:  

I personally, consider there might be some similarities to some spiritual elements to science, like how there might be a physical essence and can be 'seen', if that is a better word for it, in a science outlook. But, I personally consider it, and not always a way to see it as a constant way of looking at it. In the end, I like to always consider of always researching it it in every way possible. :yes:  

Why do people consider it? Maybe, in a nutshell, science shows objective proof or outlooks, as spiritually considerations can not be. My meaning, it will never be objectively pointed out, most in subjective and personally ways. 

But again, that's how I would consider it an answer to that question. 

I think I understand what you are saying.  People have tried to prove that since the 1800's that I know of with the experiments on weighing a person dying, and weighing them after death and finding a difference.  It was an attempt to prove some non-physical or energetic element to being human that is disputed as being real.

For me science is not static, once we learn more we can apply it to more to understand more.  Like understanding atoms as the foundation of matter, then getting more detail and seeing there are smaller elements, or getting telescopes that give more and more detail, which provides more understanding, but we have not hit the limit yet and probably won't for hundreds or more years. 

I think when we can prove consciousness does not reside in the brain, really prove it so that it is accepted, then the exploration will more easily turn to finding ways to figure out what consciousness really is, can it be broken down in to smaller elements, is there a single source, etc.  That will remove some of the fantasies about god that make people think science is against the belief in a god or unifying force or what ever. 

• Like 1

On 17/7/2019 at 11:58 AM, Rlyeh said:

It was me.

Pervert!

Edit: @Piney can astral protect telepathically too. Maybe it was him?

Edited by danydandan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4