Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Spiritual or science

God Lover

13 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

The only heaven or hell there is, is what we take with us. You need to jettison a lot baggage before you go.

Guessing again.

27 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

From what I've seen and read concerning religious versus non-religious people it comes down to the religious being more apt to congregate amongst larger groups of like-minded individuals, while utilizing the groups religious constraints against alcohol, drugs, sex, etcetra which helps promote better living. It has little or nothing to do with them actually being religious, per se. Apparently the bigger the majority the better off they are.

cormac

To me it doesn’t sound this helped Walls anyway, so he didn’t drink, didn't smoke, yet over eats knows he  shouldn’t and didn't exercise, knows he should, knew the gene pool not in his favor on top of it.

Even if he just used the info to undergird and motivate himself to do the basics, but he didn’t.

What got him into issues the first time is on play and repeat again, this isn’t the first time he has been preaching this stuff. He was preaching this before his heart surgery when he should have been watching what he ate, getting the weight off and exercising his body as opposed to his jaw muscles. 

I am being selfish here I want him around to debate with hopefully this time he listens. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Again its not about belief You are denying proven scientific and medical evidence.

It is  like saying My grandam smoked and lived to be 110. I don't believe smoking does any harm so i wont listen to any advice to stop smoking 

Overweight in itself is not so bad, as long as you do the requisite high and low level intensity  exercises  for good health :)  My mum and grandma were both very overweight for most of their lives and  lived to be almost 100 from other causes :)   (see what i am doing here? ) 

Overweight is bad for you hun, that is your reality, your genes aren’t the same as your mom or granny, you dude have a history of heart issues. You need to get your head in the game Walls, you have already had two serious heart surgeries. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

I am being selfish here I want him around to debate with hopefully this time he listens. 

What an extraordinary comment.

4 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

To me it doesn’t sound this helped Walls anyway, so he didn’t drink, didn't smoke, yet over eats knows he  shouldn’t and didn't exercise, knows he should, knew the gene pool not in his favor on top of it.

Even if he just used the info to undergird and motivate himself to do the basics, but he didn’t.

What got him into issues the first time is on play and repeat again, this isn’t the first time he has been preaching this stuff. He was preaching this before his heart surgery when he should have been watching what he ate, getting the weight off and exercising his body as opposed to his jaw muscles. 

Was just a general observation. I don't really expect him to be one of the "living longer cause I'm religious" members. His argument has more to do with "going along with the majority" than anything religious IMO. With my medical issues I've done just as well in bettering my health and activity as his sources have suggested being religious helps, WITHOUT being religious, and to the extent that heart doctors have released me to once a year appointments instead of every 4 to 6 months, for the first time in 4 years. No, being religious isn't the be all/end all of this argument. 

cormac

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Why?

Where would I start. I'll stay out.

7 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Good choice.

Oh yes, don't want to prod the lioness.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Sherapy said:

Not selfish. Of all people, you have Mr Walker's best interests at heart, in spite of yourself. You are a born caregiver, with a great big caring heart.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Not selfish. Of all people, you have Mr Walker's best interests at heart, in spite of yourself. You are a born caregiver, with a great big caring heart.

Yep, I am a caregiver first and foremost. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sherapy said:

Yep, I am a caregiver first and foremost. 

His picture revealed a very real human being behind all the controversial postings. You're not talking at him, anymore--you're talking to him now. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

His picture revealed a very real human being behind all the controversial postings. You're not talking at him, anymore--you're talking to him now. 

Indeed.

1 hour ago, cormac mac airt said:

Was just a general observation. I don't really expect him to be one of the "living longer cause I'm religious" members. His argument has more to do with "going along with the majority" than anything religious IMO. With my medical issues I've done just as well in bettering my health and activity as his sources have suggested being religious helps, WITHOUT being religious, and to the extent that heart doctors have released me to once a year appointments instead of every 4 to 6 months, for the first time in 4 years. No, being religious isn't the be all/end all of this argument. 

cormac

Wow, good for you! And thank you for sharing. 

The doctors I work for tell me diet and exercise is the best chance we have, we can turn around a lot of things with these two things.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

So this wasn't him, after all ?

1 minute ago, Habitat said:

So this wasn't him, after all ?

b***** off, Waldo.

• Thanks 4

Glad to see that Mr W has been rehabilitated from his previous status of a "bucolic buffoon", which was what one of the team had him pegged as !

1 minute ago, Habitat said:

Glad to see that Mr W has been rehabilitated from his previous status of a "bucolic buffoon", which was what one of the team had him pegged as !

You've been promoted to his former position--enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Speak for yourself Waldo,

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Speak for yourself Waldo,

Perhaps the "team" are more of a gang !

5 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Perhaps the "team" are more of a gang !

You are gonna think what you want. Knock yourself out Waldo.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

You are gonna think what you want. Knock yourself out Waldo.

Who is this Waldo ?

Just now, Sherapy said:

Who do you want him to be?

Oh, I'm sure he's a highly esteemed person you have in mind.

10 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Oh, I'm sure he's a highly esteemed person you have in mind.

waldo-infant-onesie.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4