Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Spiritual or science

God Lover

On 8/16/2019 at 2:20 AM, psyche101 said:

Just curious. 

Has anyone on these boards ever agreed with your interpretation? I've only ever seen others disagree with your view. 

"Others" as in all? I happen to disagree with your others on disagreeing with ever seen, as I see and agree with much of what Mr. Walker's views are on life, religion, charity, happiness, etc., etc., Therefore why are you science-minded dogmatic "allist" always invoke the terms "all", and "everybody" when it's not factual? All it takes is one exception to show that it's not all, nor everybody. I'm taking that positional exception in support of the truth.  

I said much, because I don't agree on his view of best country, as Australia is not the best, as I see it.

18 hours ago, XenoFish said:

So what's the final option? Once the spiritual placebo has lost its effect and the feeling of success/accomplishment has dulled, then what? Hedonism, nihilism? 

I've seen people who could only be described as having OD'ed on religion. They're usually right on the edge, or over, of mental disorder.

The key to religious continuity of joy is, as in all things, moderation. 

I've seen people who got wound up in being a "sinner", hen say to Hell with it, and go full hedonist... it did not end well. Divorse, separation from kids, financial ruin... a couple months of joyous craziness followed by decades of sadness and loss. 

On 8/16/2019 at 2:20 AM, psyche101 said:

Just curious. 

Has anyone on these boards ever agreed with your interpretation? I've only ever seen others disagree with your view. 

Not to hang up on MW too much, but from what I've gathered, he's a religion of one. He's not a standard Christian by any means, anyway. At least IMHO.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Not to hang up on MW too much, but from what I've gathered, he's a religion of one. He's not a standard Christian by any means, anyway. At least IMHO.

It's revealing to me that you, with this post especially, are so full of it.......I mean full of standard religion. You are either fully, religiously hot, or Christ will spit you out, as you are then lukewarm, a standard of the mean between hot and cold. A standard Christian is lukewarm at best, and that is why many will knock and few will enter.

Revelation 3:

14“To the angel of the church in Laodicea write:

These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation. 15I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth. 17You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. 18I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.

19Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent. 20Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.

21To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne. 22Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”

3 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

It's revealing to me that you, with this post especially, are so full of it.......I mean full of standard religion. You are either fully, religiously hot, or Christ will spit you out, as you are then lukewarm, a standard of the mean between hot and cold. A standard Christian is lukewarm at best, and that is why many will knock and few will enter.

Are you then?  

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

I'll keep knocking. 

By the way. In what you quoted below GOD is the one knocking. You are thinking of one of Jesus' parables. I'm not exactly sure where it is though.

I do also know that Jesus said, "Judge not, least you also be Judged".

your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth.

Not exactly damnation. Just a warning.

19Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent. 20Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.

Rebuke away. Meanwhile, I'll keep opening the door.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Are you then?  

No I'm not then. Nor am I now then, nor was I at any time this then. I'm always is, and not then, future or past then. Because then alone can be either future or past. Then it's obvious that you must use more than then alone. But then your question is irrelevant on the basis of then alone.

But I know what you mean with this inquisitive then, I think. No I'm not then. But I do recall that it's futile for me to conduct a discourse with one of your caliber, a cannibal of imagination. Therefore I still deem you not worthy of conversation, although I have taken an exception just to be cordial enough to answer your "question," then?

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I'll keep knocking. 

By the way. In what you quoted below GOD is the one knocking. You are thinking of one of Jesus' parables. I'm not exactly sure where it is though.

I do also know that Jesus said, "Judge not, least you also be Judged".

Not exactly damnation. Just a warning.

Rebuke away. Meanwhile, I'll keep opening the door.

You assume too much, as the knocking is on you. That other quote is in reference to you a professed standard Christian, as far as only a few entering. And if you are not sure where it is, you either do not know how to search for it, or you are more standard than I thought. Hint, Luke-warm!

Jesus did indeed say that little judge notice, and you are also a standard Cristian in that respect, as you were judging Mr. Walker on where you judged him to be in respect to his Christianity.

And if you do not heed to the warning, you will remain a standard Christian, and you will never open that door you believe you are opening.

Matthew 7:

Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ 23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness!’…

15 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

Jesus did indeed say that little judge notice, and you are also a standard Cristian in that respect, as you were judging Mr. Walker on where you judged him to be in respect to his Christianity.

And if you do not heed to the warning, you will remain a standard Christian, and you will never open that door you believe you are opening.

Ah... But I am good with being judged. Judge away...

I have nothing to fear. 

I judge MW based on what he has posted. I've tried replying to correct nonstandard theology, but have been met by indifference at best.

I am not perfect, but I need not be perfect, as no one can live up to the example of Jesus. We all fall short of that goal, and such is recognized, and we therefore need only repent and are clean. 

None the less, as a "lukewarm Christian", your words, I'm still correct in my statement he is very non standard if we consider him a Christian. And I believe, he's ok with that.

Matthew 7:

Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ 23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness!’…

This is in regard to Relationship. Having a relationship with Jesus/God rather then trying to use God like a tool. Lucky for me, we talk often. Usually not about anything super important though. I do "listen" to try to sense His will for me. Tonight He woke me up and put me on UM.

The thing isnt to just use Gods power, but to be part of Gods family. Be a son, and not just an employee.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

Matthew 7:

Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 

That's interesting isn't it? I wonder what doing the Father's will is?

Is it this?

Spoiler
6 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Be a son

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

"Others" as in all? I happen to disagree with your others on disagreeing with ever seen, as I see and agree with much of what Mr. Walker's views are on life, religion, charity, happiness, etc., etc., Therefore why are you science-minded dogmatic "allist" always invoke the terms "all", and "everybody" when it's not factual? All it takes is one exception to show that it's not all, nor everybody. I'm taking that positional exception in support of the truth.  

I said much, because I don't agree on his view of best country, as Australia is not the best, as I see it.

P101 trying to hunt you away from the Team social club ? That's about all it is ,a bunch of people who come together to support their commonly held prejudices, which are well short of being well-founded. That's what happens when the truth isn't job #1. If it was, they might occasionally admit they really don't know, what the truth may be, about the great unexplained mysteries. But they don't. Only a fool imagines he is, or can be, the arbiter of all that is. The Team, is a fool's paradise.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

The threatening language of the "prophet?" again??? :lol:

Matthew 7:

21 It is not anyone who says to me, "Lord, Lord", who will enter the Kingdom of Heaven, but the person who does the will of my Father in heaven. 22 When the day comes many will say to me "Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, drive out demons in your name, work many miracles in your name?"  23 Then I shall tell them to their faces: I have never known you; Away from me all evil doers! 

If your going to link to Strong's to make it look like you understand Greek, at least get the wording right. :yes:

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Will Due said:

That's interesting isn't it? I wonder what doing the Father's will is?

Is it this?

Hide contents

It definitely is not being lukewarm. Better to be cold, as Jesus said. meaning if you are going to be a Christian, be one as much as humanly possible. And if not, then it's better to be a complete unbeliever.

The point being is that compromise to God's will leads to a lukewarm state.

1 hour ago, Pettytalk said:

No I'm not then. Nor am I now then, nor was I at any time this then. I'm always is, and not then, future or past then. Because then alone can be either future or past. Then it's obvious that you must use more than then alone. But then your question is irrelevant on the basis of then alone.

But I know what you mean with this inquisitive then, I think. No I'm not then. But I do recall that it's futile for me to conduct a discourse with one of your caliber, a cannibal of imagination. Therefore I still deem you not worthy of conversation, although I have taken an exception just to be cordial enough to answer your "question," then?

Wow.  You actually bothered to take time to post this incoherent nonsense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Tonight He woke me up and put me on UM.

There are many here that may say that your alarm clock went off accidentally, or something or other, to indicate that it's very unlikely. Personally I'm leaning towards that it's probably something you ate for dinner that woke you up. 

49 minutes ago, Habitat said:

P101 trying to hunt you away from the Team social club ? That's about all it is ,a bunch of people who come together to support their commonly held prejudices, which are well short of being well-founded. That's what happens when the truth isn't job #1. If it was, they might occasionally admit they really don't know, what the truth may be, about the great unexplained mysteries. But they don't. Only a fool imagines he is, or can be, the arbiter of all that is. The Team, is a fool's paradise.

Many of those take Protagoras' rhetorical misunderstood dictum at heart, and swear that man is the measure of all things. Socrates pretty much put that little misunderstanding to rest, as it's God which is the measure of all things.

From Jowett's translation of Plato's Theaetetus.

’Theaetetus will not be angry,’ says Theodorus; ’he is very goodnatured.
But I should like to know, Socrates, whether you mean to
say that all this is untrue?’
’First reminding you that I am not the bag which contains the arguments,
but that I extract them from Theaetetus, shall I tell you
what amazes me in your friend Protagoras?’
’What may that be?’
’I like his doctrine that what appears is; but I wonder that he did
not begin his great work on Truth with a declaration that a pig, or
a dog-faced baboon, or any other monster which has sensation, is
a measure of all things; then, while we were reverencing him as a
god, he might have produced a magnificent effect by expounding to
us that he was no wiser than a tadpole. For if sensations are always
true, and one man’s discernment is as good as another’s, and every
man is his own judge, and everything that he judges is right and
true, then what need of Protagoras to be our instructor at a high
figure; and why should we be less knowing than he is, or have to
go to him, if every man is the measure of all things? My own art
of midwifery, and all dialectic, is an enormous folly, if Protagoras’
”Truth” be indeed truth, and the philosopher is not merely amusing
himself by giving oracles out of his book.’

On 8/20/2019 at 7:37 PM, Pettytalk said:

Its not hard. There is a specific view taken from specific documents. Nor one person has interpreted the wording of those documents as Mr Walker has. I was asking if anyone had ever interpreted them as he did. 

I don't think you understand what I was asking. 

On 8/20/2019 at 7:37 PM, Pettytalk said:

Well, quite clearly your opinion is one that as not reliable as you are obviously and quite clearly wrong. If that's how you see it, get glasses. 

• Like 3

On 8/20/2019 at 7:58 PM, DieChecker said:

I am referring to the conclusion drawn from the studies he wastes kilometers of forum space cutting and pasting studies to flood people out of the discussion. 

Every person, religious atheist or agnostic who has also taken the time to read the very same links and walls of text conclude that it's group therapy that offers health benefits, yet Walker says everyone is wrong, and the studies say religion alone provides magical health benefits, and not the group therapy. 

I was curious as to if a poster had ever agreed with his interpretation of the studies, as I have not seen any poster ever agree with his interpretation. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/20/2019 at 10:03 PM, Habitat said:

He quoted me, not the other way around. 

You truly are an embarrassment to yourself. You are the least liked, least respected and least considered poster for good reason. It is a pity you feel the need to trouble others to make yourself feel better. The world would be a better place with fewer people like you in it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

You are the least liked, least respected and least considered poster for good reason. It is a pity you feel the need to trouble others to make yourself feel better. The world would be a better place with fewer people like you in it. 

Well, given your known characteristics, pretty much a compliment.

5 hours ago, Habitat said:

Well, given your known characteristics, pretty much a compliment.

Indeed, you seem to take pride in being a belligerent ass who lies when his personal religion fails him. So of course its fitting. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

a belligerent ass who lies

That would be you, I'm afraid, especially with fictitious claims of science having ruled certain propositions out, which can only be described as the veriest nonsense.

7 minutes ago, Habitat said:

That would be you, I'm afraid, especially with fictitious claims of science having ruled certain propositions out, which can only be described as the veriest nonsense.

If it was nonsense it would not be coming from world leading institutions with the backing of the world's best minds. 

And you would be able to rebut the argument. Quite plainly all can see that you cannot. You are all talk with nothing worth hearing. 

The arguments that you fear are still there waiting for you to show any error. You continually fail to do so and seen to think being a loudmouth and a belligerent ass will flood that fact away. 

It won't. The physics is sound and your great morse code office in the sky stories are still total idiocy. 

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

If it was nonsense it would not be coming from work leading institutions with not only the backing of the world's best minds. 

And you would be able to rebut the argument. Quite plainly all can see that you cannot. You are all talk with nothing worth hearing. 

The arguments that you fear are still there waiting for you to show any error. You continually fail to do so and seen to think being a loudmouth and a belligerent ass will flood that fact away. 

It won't. The physics is sound and your great morse code office in the sky stories are still total idiocy. 

Only in the fantasyland you inhabit, do these speculations, and that is all they are, enjoy acceptance as established science. They aren't even theories. Don't embarrass yourself further.

12 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Only in the fantasyland you inhabit, do these speculations, and that is all they are, enjoy acceptance as established science. They aren't even theories. Don't embarrass yourself further.

Then go right ahead and prove that rather than blathering on. You're boring and rude. Move on. 

Just have the guts to address the argument and prove your ridiculous accusations. As amazing as it may seem to you, you have zero credibility. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1