Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Spiritual or science

God Lover

3 hours ago, danydandan said:

Rule #1: One must be able to spell moron in order to be in the moron club.

General rule #1: Anyone claiming an IQ greater than Einstein, Newton, Hawking or whoever and has amounted to nothing more than being an internet troll should not be taken serious.

Must not reveal my true IQ. The less humans would comprehend my intellectual powers.

General rule #2: Anyone boasting about stuff are usually BSing.

Y'all just don't know how great I am.

:D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Sherapy said:

My friend, what you have accomplished by your effort and hard work over the years in growth and intellect is astounding. 

I suppose. Doesn't feel like I've done anything.

You should be very proud of yourself, I sure am. 

Meh, I suppose.

How does it feel to be an intellectual?

I don't feel like one. Hell, half the time I feel I know nothing. 

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I don't really see it that way. In a way it's like knowing that the new religion is just the same as the old religion. 

It still depends I reckon. Some question gods, some worship them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DieChecker said:

I've taken several online IQ tests and done very, very well. So I know they're mostly BS, just to fluff people up with false accomplishment.

IQ tests are stupid IMHO.

I was over the impression that above a certain level was cons hubris. 

I tend to chuckle more often than not. Kinda reminds me of the BSers who reckon they bench over 200 (kilos) 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

When my daughter was in special ed the state decided to try to cull some of the kids from the "gifted program" by making them all take a different test that scored differently but they used the same criteria to determine the scale of who could be in the program.  The teacher let us know and some of her class scored higher on the new test, others, like my daughter scored lower by a couple of points but the real outcome was no children who had scored high enough on the first test were removed from the program because their scores were still over the threshhold.  Maybe the teacher gave them pointers, I don't know.  It is ridiculous to separate kids based on IQ tests.  The curriculum that the "gifted" kids got should have been the curriculum for all the kids.

P.S.  One of the reasons both  my daughters got higher scores on those test was because they had practice taking them, they were used as practice subjects for three different people working on masters degrees, 2 in education and one in psychology.  I believe kids can be trained to get higher scores on those tests.

See my post above.

Indeed That is how i achieved such high results. I took several different ones every year for a couple of decades, and studied how the y worked .

Recognition of such flaws is why we haven't used them in Australia for decades. 

Some time ago Sherapy said this did not actually measure  my true  intelligence, and was cheating, but i disagree. Intelligence tests  mesure your abilty to do IQ tests.  Improve that abilty and your Iq improves 

here is an interesting "fact" 

Ironically, some districts in the US have recently employed a maximum IQ score for admission into the police force. The fear was that those who scored too highly would eventually find the work boring and leave – after significant time and resources had been put towards their training.

2 hours ago, third_eye said:

You've just revealed that your claim to be and as an educated educator as nothing but blatant lies much befitting a chronic liar. 

Thanks and much appreciated. 

~

LOL your answers did not relate to any of my points and consisted of nothing but abuse and ad hominem comments .   You are a joke.

Either you couldn't answer the questions, or you refused to do so, choosing instead to  post a series of non sequitur personal comments. 

So i repeat. either ignorant or deliberately unpleasant.

Show me you can actually debate points, factually and logically,  and i will rescind that opinion. 

I know my own probity and character, but i have serious doubts about yours.

Prove me wrong.  

Prove (or even offer evidences ) that I have EVER lied. 

Prove I am not a trained professional and experienced educator.

Otherwise your words are not only worthless but laughable .

I think you try to hurt others, but because you  are so wrong about my character, I find you laughable.

Any one who could get me that wrong (even given the limited perspective of my character you see on UM)  has a serious problem.

Hope you can get help for it.

Bet its mostly an online problem, because I doubt you would have the courage to speak to people in real life in that way .   

1 hour ago, DieChecker said:

I've taken several online IQ tests and done very, very well. So I know they're mostly BS, just to fluff people up with false accomplishment.

Why assume this?  Why not recognise that you  are good at doing IQ tests and thus at the skills tested by those tests 

5 hours ago, danydandan said:

Rule #1: One must be able to spell moron in order to be in the moron club.

General rule #1: Anyone claiming an IQ greater than Einstein, Newton, Hawking or whoever and has amounted to nothing more than being an internet troll should not be taken serious.

General rule #2: Anyone boasting about stuff are usually BSing.

Free tickets at every Exit  For a limited time only: 

BLISSTICKET.png.904b36aadd1ad5418df95fc6653755cf.png

Get them while they're Hot!  No Test required!

• Haha 5

20 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

LOL your answers did not relate to any of my points and consisted of nothing but abuse and ad hominem comments .   You are a joke.

You've just revealed that you don't know what ad hominem means. I'm joking, not a joke, you're a farce and I'm not joking about that. 

~

Either you couldn't answer the questions, or you refused to do so, choosing instead to  post a series of non sequitur personal comments. 

So i repeat. either ignorant or deliberately unpleasant.

Show me you can actually debate points, factually and logically,  and i will rescind that opinion. 

I know enough to not believe a crow to be a parrot even if I've heard a parrot cawing like a crow. 

Again you've just contradicted your claims of "never" making or taking things personal. 

~

I know my own probity and character, but i have serious doubts about yours.

Prove me wrong.  

Prove (or even offer evidences ) that I have EVER lied. 

You've provided sufficient evidence to justifiably regard your claims to be false, hence lies, and as such, renders you a liar. 

~

Prove I am not a trained professional and experienced educator.

See above paragraph... 

~

Otherwise your words are not only worthless but laughable .

Yes, we are having s good laugh, thanks to you. 

~

I think you try to hurt others, but because you  are so wrong about my character, I find you laughable.

Good, laugh it up, doesn't means I'm wrong about you though. 

~

Any one who could get me that wrong (even given the limited perspective of my character you see on UM)  has a serious problem.

Hope you can get help for it.

Really?  I'm doing fine thank you. 

You though is in a state of serious delusional conundrum. Sorry to say I don't believe there's anything that can help you about that. Carry on though, at least you're providing us with a good laugh now and then, which is nice, thanks. 

~

Bet its mostly an online problem, because I doubt you would have the courage to speak to people in real life in that way .   

You have no idea, why not take an astral psychic trip with your personal alien God and prove me wrong while you're at it? 

Don't burst any more blood vessels while you're at it, another corrective cardiac surgery might not be a good idea but hey, you can always try lying through it all again. 

Have fun... 

:yes:

~

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, third_eye said:

You've just revealed that you don't know what ad hominem means. I'm joking, not a joke, you're a farce and I'm not joking about that. 

~

I know enough to not believe a crow to be a parrot even if I've heard a parrot cawing like a crow. 

Again you've just contradicted your claims of "never" making or taking things personal. 

~

You've provided sufficient evidence to justifiably regard your claims to be false, hence lies, and as such, renders you a liar. 

~

See above paragraph... 

~

Yes, we are having s good laugh, thanks to you. 

~

Good, laugh it up, doesn't means I'm wrong about you though. 

~

Really?  I'm doing fine thank you. 

You though is in a state of serious delusional conundrum. Sorry to say I don't believe there's anything that can help you about that. Carry on though, at least you're providing us with a good laugh now and then, which is nice, thanks. 

~

You have no idea, why not take an astral psychic trip with your personal alien God and prove me wrong while you're at it? 

Don't burst any more blood vessels while you're at it, another corrective cardiac surgery might not be a good idea but hey, you can always try lying through it all again. 

Have fun... 

:yes:

~

I've never claimed NEVER to make things personal.  Indeed I have explained how,since I've been online I have learned how and when it is necessary.

I avoid it if possible but make exceptions  for characters like you, who seem to speak no other language :) 

Interesting. I can, if pushed, prove my qualifications and much of my life story, simply by revealing my name and letting you do an online search, which means you are wrong, and that means that your evidences and reasoning are  also wrong.

Again, all personal commentary with not an ounce( or gram if you are metric)  of fact to back it up.

Oh I see. You are still living with your mother.. Well that explains the need to let off frustrations on the rest of us, online     :) 

Ps you dont raise my ire, or blood pressure. Indeed you give me a wonderful laugh and, as the y say, laughter is the best medicine .

So keep posting as you are, and i will keep up the belly laughs. 

Edited by Mr Walker

29 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

I've never claimed NEVER to make things personal.  Indeed I have explained how,since I've been online I have learned how and when it is necessary.

More lies, you are so full of it. 

~

I avoid it if possible but make exceptions  for characters like you, who seem to speak no other language :) 

Does that make you special because it makes me special? 

~

Interesting. I can, if pushed, prove my qualifications and much of my life story, simply by revealing my name and letting you do an online search, which means you are wrong, and that means that your evidences and reasoning are  also wrong.

Do it, knowing you as we do, all you gonna do is lie some more. You've been saying that for years, you tease. 

~

Again, all personal commentary with not an ounce( or gram if you are metric)  of fact to back it up.

Oh I see. You are still living with your mother.. Well that explains the need to let off frustrations on the rest of us, online     :) 

Wow, your mom must be really proud of you right now. And no, I'm not living with my dear old mother now, you don't even know enough to bark at the right tree. 

Us?  You leave your imaginary alien creations out of this. 

~

Ps you dont raise my ire, or blood pressure. Indeed you give me a wonderful laugh and, as the y say, laughter is the best medicine .

So keep posting as you are, and i will keep up the belly laughs. 

Belly up all you want, only Habbie gets tummy rubs, you don't get any. 

Thanks again for providing further evidence of your contradictory claims to intellectual debating capacities. 

Laugh... Please do continue... 

~

:D

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

See my post above.

Indeed That is how i achieved such high results. I took several different ones every year for a couple of decades, and studied how the y worked .

Recognition of such flaws is why we haven't used them in Australia for decades. 

Some time ago Sherapy said this did not actually measure  my true  intelligence, and was cheating, but i disagree. Intelligence tests  mesure your abilty to do IQ tests.  Improve that abilty and your Iq improves 

here is an interesting "fact" 

Ironically, some districts in the US have recently employed a maximum IQ score for admission into the police force. The fear was that those who scored too highly would eventually find the work boring and leave – after significant time and resources had been put towards their training.

I disagree that the IQ tests measure intelligence, they measure a lot of things but intelligence entails more than how well you take a test or how well you understand what you read in what ever language the test is given in, or how well you understand or remember how numbers are used, or how whether or not you have the ability to determine 3 dimensional shapes from 2 dimensional pictures, etc.  How well can you get along with others, how do you resolve conflict, how do you come up with solutions to physical problems (like can you make a pulley with random materials and a rope), etc.  Some of those things are not on IQ tests but are vital indicators of intelligence.  You can be book smart and extermely stupid at survival, which includes getting along with others.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

8 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

By the late 80s i was testing in the  180s from high to low depending on the nature of the test and sometimes over 180  

I find it genuinely hilarious that you actually expect anyone to take you seriously making such completely outlandishly bogus claims like this. :lol:

What's next? When people start dismissing your 190 IQ score, you gonna up the number to 200? 210? 220? Etc.

How pathetically insecure you must be to continue arguing such a blatantly obvious BS narrative dude...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sherapy said:

I used to think that everyone was naturally curious, but that is not so.

If I were to venture a guess, I'd say that's due to a combination of factors. Mainly, the Dunning-Kruger Effect, as well as religious / spiritual beliefs and worldviews that easily explain any gaps in knowledge with some higher power BS.

Those who think they already know most everything there is to know, don't bother to seek out answers to the various questions in life, because they already think they know the answers themselves. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sherapy said:

My friend, what you have accomplished by your effort and hard work over the years in growth and intellect is astounding. 

You should be very proud of yourself, I sure am. 

How does it feel to be an intellectual?

I heard a good definition for an intellectual: Someone who has something in their life they find more interesting than the pursuit of sex.

7 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Agreed.  True intelligence is all about adaptability.  I doubt it can be measured with a multiple choice test, regardless of what its statistical power is.  IQ tests measure how well you can perform IQ tests.  As to false accomplishments, well, sort of, but some people get given jobs based on their IQ results.  Based on my own results, which blew out the scale because I like puzzles, I shouldn't complain about IQ tests, but they are just too dishonest in their claims, and I don't think they make the world a better place.  I also find IQ tests tend to validate the narcissism of some otherwise very mediocre people.

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

A 180 IQ is that supposed to be impressive? 

Depends if it's done in the Metric or Imperial system probably... or maybe a failure of an imaginatively extraterrestrial construct, possibly bad downloads into a failing mental condition. 

~

• Haha 5

29 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Insofar as testing one's metal, but unless it's forged into something spectacular, all you have is a lump of steel. A diamond without cut and polish, is just a pretty rock.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I think it is best to avoid placing great faith into an IQ score. IQ scores are not infallible determiners of intelligence; they are far from perfect and (both high and low scores can be misleading). Getting a high score on an IQ test can hinder a person too, (especially a kid) they see intelligence as static and if they don’t do well on something they begin to avoid trying at all for fear of doing poorly a person then puts their energy into defending being smart as we see in some posters. 

Can we increase our intelligence or hang on to what we have?

I work with Alzheimer’s and Parkinson's patients and some recent research has found that when adults exercise, they release extra amounts of particular growth factors responsible for creating new neurons and connections between neurons. 

I think it is a good idea to present intelligence as a malleable property of the human mind rather than a static, genetic gift, especially, with kids present intelligence as something that with effort improves,

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

I think it is best to avoid placing great faith into an IQ score. IQ scores are not infallible determiners of intelligence; they are far from perfect and (both high and low scores can be misleading). Getting a high score on an IQ test can hinder a person too, (especially a kid) they see intelligence as static and if they don’t do well on something they begin to avoid trying at all for fear of doing poorly a person then puts their energy into defending being smart as we see in some posters. 

I work with Alzheimer’s and Parkinson's patients and some recent research has found that when adults exercise, they release extra amounts of particular growth factors responsible for creating new neurons and connections between neurons. 

I think it is a good idea to present intelligence as a malleable property of the human mind rather than a static, genetic gift, especially, with kids present intelligence as something that with effort improves,

It's also subject to atrophy, if unused. Einstein was a genius, yes, but he was, also, a very poor pupil. It was when in a boring mediocre job when he started applying his intelligence to thought problems that he began to achieve.

Edited by Hammerclaw

13 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

I'd rather remain curious than concern myself with a number. 

• Like 1