Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Spiritual or science

God Lover

Just now, psyche101 said:

Then go right ahead and prove that rather than blathering on. You're boring and rude. Move on. 

Just have the guts to address the argument and prove your ridiculous accusations. As amazing as it may seem to you, you have zero credibility. 

I have addressed the so-called argument, it clearly doesn't have much acceptance, and it is not for me or anyone else to prove it wrong, it is for  the proponents to prove their idea, which is clearly impossible. As I kept telling you...….

2 hours ago, Habitat said:

I have addressed the so-called argument, it clearly doesn't have much acceptance, and it is not for me or anyone else to prove it wrong, it is for  the proponents to prove their idea, which is clearly impossible. As I kept telling you...….

What? 

No you didn't. You went as far as asking how theory was excluding an antecedent for the begging of the universe, which is theoretically accomplished by an imbalance. As shown, virtual particles are not theoretical, they are confirmed. Whether the theory is entirely correct remains to be seen, the theory however is sound and answers the questions you claim to be unanswerable. As far the physics which refute the afterlife 

The initial subject that you're trying to dodge 

You have not addressed that at all. 

• Like 1

which is theoretically accomplished by an imbalance

which arises from.....?

12 minutes ago, Habitat said:

which arises from.....?

Virtual particles as seen in the Casimir effect. Virtual photons which generate a net force – either an attraction or a repulsion. 

Again you're dodging. 

You're being deliberately obtuse to continue to evade the argument from physics. 

Danny has already explained this to you better than I could. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Virtual particles as seen in the Casimir effect. Virtual photons which generate a net force – either an attraction or a repulsion. 

Again you're dodging. 

You're being deliberately obtuse to continue to evade the argument from physics. 

Danny has already explained this to you better than I could. 

Bits and pieces that appear out of nowhere. Not really an explanation that most people find convincing.

How much difference is there between believing in the 'virtual' and being superstitious?

10 minutes ago, Will Due said:

How much difference is there between believing in the 'virtual' and being superstitious?

0.0 %

30 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Bits and pieces that appear out of nowhere. Not really an explanation that most people find convincing.

Proven to be very real. As mentioned the Casimir effect is but one example. And with negative and positive charges which offer the opportunity for a difference in potential. 

And you are still dodging the physics argument. 

Edited by psyche101

Proven to be very real. As mentioned the Casimir effect is but one example. And with negative and positive charges which offer the opportunity for a difference in potential. 

Could be as real as heck for all I know, but that does not mean they don't rely on some antecedent condition, known or unknown.

27 minutes ago, Will Due said:

This 

https://profmattstrassler.com/articles-and-posts/particle-physics-basics/virtual-particles-what-are-they/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casimir_effect

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Could be as real as heck for all I know, but that does not mean they don't rely on some antecedent condition, known or unknown.

What antecedent is known to currently allow them to exist? They still do. 

Not really an explanation that most people find convincing.

I just thought the above was hilarious as "most people" aren't physicists nor understand things on that level. :D

cormac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/26/2019 at 2:15 PM, psyche101 said:

As you well know, @danydandan is the forum expert in this field. 

I've been summoned????? What for?

Sorry I've been busy as of late, we just welcomed our third Babo into the world so I've been too busy to keep up with most things for the last week or three. 

I seen the Casimir effect has been mentioned, are we having a discussion about VEV and dielectrics? 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, danydandan said:

I've been summoned????? What for?

Ahhh! 

It worked!!! 

passover-lamb.jpg?zoom=2&fit=633,500&ssl

Sorry I've been busy as of late, we just welcomed our third Babo into the world so I've been too busy to keep up with most things for the last week or three. 

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

cigar-smoking-394x300.jpg

I seen the Casimir effect has been mentioned, are we having a discussion about VEV and dielectrics? 

Something from nothing again. Hab seems to feel virtual particles have a 0% chance at explaining existance of the universe, and Will wonders if they are cultural myths. I gave my limited understanding but they both seem to have backed off since invoking your precense with my sacrifice of the lamb. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

Something from nothing again. Hab seems to feel virtual particles have a 0% chance at explaining existance of the universe, and Will wonders if they are cultural myths. I gave my limited understanding but they both seem to have backed off since invoking your precense with my sacrifice of the lamb. 

What explains the existence of "virtual particles" ? This is just a silly game designed to short-circuit the problem of causality, where "virtual particles" become no more explicable than "God"

4 hours ago, Habitat said:

What explains the existence of "virtual particles" ? This is just a silly game designed to short-circuit the problem of causality, where "virtual particles" become no more explicable than "God"

You're ignorance of the subject does not negate it. They exist via a temporary change in the amount of energy in a point in space. 

But you will play dumb, so why ask at all? 

3 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

They exist via a temporary change in the amount of energy in a point in space. 

What caused a change ?

4 minutes ago, Habitat said:

What caused a change ?

The vacuum. 

See the source image

3 hours ago, Habitat said:

See the source image

See. 

What's the point. You have your ancient superstitions and your sticking with them no matter what. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

See. 

What's the point. You have your ancient superstitions and your sticking with them no matter what. 

Any reasonable person would say the points you make are not convincing, nothing anyone can say, is convincing about this problem. 

3 hours ago, Habitat said:

Any reasonable person would say the points you make are not convincing, nothing anyone can say, is convincing about this problem. 

Complete and utter nonsense. Any reasonable person would discuss the subject maturely, or perish the thought - research the subject matter. Not rudely dismiss it out of hand as you do, with insult as opposed to debate or reasoning. 

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 6

Any reasonable person would learn something about quantum physics BEFORE claiming or implying they know what they’re talking about. But then there’s nothing reasonable in dismissing something one refuses to understand.

cormac 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1