Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Spiritual or science

God Lover

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

No thanks. I'm too busy playing shooters from the 90's.

You should play Crackdown. It's like a fully 3D 90s shooter on steroids. 

8 hours ago, Sherapy said:

I will not engage or respond this is off topic.

Moving on.

lol Read the post it responded to (from you ) 

22 hours ago, third_eye said:

Yes you did, on numerous occasions, quite insistent you were too, I might add. 

~

Never once in 14 years on Um have I 

claimed to possess such excellent intelligence that is beyond chemical or mechanical augmentation? 

You might read some posts as saying that but I've never written such, or thought such.

Try your hardest to find a single post in which i claim I am so intelligent i would not benefit from  chemical or mechanical augmentation.

I've had IQ scores of over 180 in  some academic IQ tests   but I would love to score 250 :)  

i would be the first volunteer for such a thing, if it became available  

12 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I've always felt alone. Isolated. Like an outsider looking at an unfamiliar world. So I don't get this 'connectivity' that people claim in regards to their Gods, the universe, or whatever metaphor they choose. 

Connectivity does not just apply to gods. Some people are also connected to other people ,to animals, or to the environment.

Connection comes in many forms, from  common empathy to a complex understanding of ones connection to everything past and present.  ie how one fits into, contributes to, and draws upon, everything around ones self

I have sneaking suspicion that people who were loved as children by others, or even loved animals,  have a greater connectivity than those who never learned to love, or feel, for self or others 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, joc said:

And Sane people usually don't hear anything.

I dont think that's true.  "Everyone" has an inner voice or monologue. Many people have multiple inner voices and dialogues.

It is quite normal and part of our mental skills used to think things through and make decisions 

9 hours ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

It is certainly interesting and relevant when looked at from a related perspective. I'm surprised that in your view anything can be irrelevant. Every single thing is relevant to something. Even the concept of nothing.

You don't remember nonexistence. You conceptualize it. 

True  I meant  irrelevant to the particular point under discussion

Hence the smiley :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

claimed to possess such excellent intelligence that is beyond chemical or mechanical augmentation? 

You might read some posts as saying that but I've never written such, or thought such.

Try your hardest to find a single post in which i claim I am so intelligent i would not benefit from  chemical or mechanical augmentation.

I've had IQ scores of over 180 in  some academic IQ tests   but I would love to score 250 :)  

Lie all you want, it doesn't change the fact that you're lying about it even as you are denying it. 

Frankly speaking, just the way you are attempting to reduce this to a matter of semantics further proves my point, you may be good at lying to yourself but I'm not going to humor you with your denials based on nothing but further attempts to stretch your lies to the point of incredulous. 

I've said as much all this time and I'll say it like it is till you offer evidence to the contrary. 

Have a nice day... 

~

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, XenoFish said:

There in lies the problem. It's all just the same thing recycled. 

It doesnt have to be though. It can also be an opportunity to stand on the shoulders of giants 

It's all in the approach I would think. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Lie all you want, it doesn't change the fact that you're lying about it even as you are denying it. 

Frankly speaking, just the way you are attempting to reduce this to a matter of semantics further proves my point, you may be good at lying to yourself but I'm not going to humor you with your denials based on nothing but further attempts to stretch your lies to the point of incredulous. 

I've said as much all this time and I'll say it like it is till you offer evidence to the contrary. 

Have a nice day... 

~

You make the claim.

You prove it.

Again find ONE such quote 

Otherwise it is clearly  you who is lying,  whether deliberately or carelessly. 

What point would that be?  and what semantics ? True i believe semantics are important, but i don't see any here. 

Or are we discussing some other point than whether i have claimed to be so clever  that i don't need other enhancements ? 

40 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

You make the claim.

Nope, you made the multitudes of claims... 

~

You prove it.

You first... 

~

Again find ONE such quote 

All of the above... 

~

Otherwise it is clearly  you who is lying,  whether deliberately or carelessly. 

Unlike you I don't differentiate lies as deliberately or carelessly, especially when it applies to you... 

~

What point would that be?  and what semantics ? True i believe semantics are important, but i don't see any here. 

Further evidence of your deceitful nature... 

~

Or are we discussing some other point than whether i have claimed to be so clever  that i don't need other enhancements ? 

All tangled up with your lies so much so that you don't remember where you lied about not lying or lying about not having lied about your previous lies? 

~

Provide evidence and less prattling please.... 

It's such a nice day to sort out your lies isn't it? 

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Mr Walker said:

He Ducked,.. He weaved the stuck his chin out for the left he never saw it coming. Annnd, he's down for the count ,One ,..Two. AND HE'S OUT.

Walker my dear friend you have belittled all of us with your superior debate and comprehension skills( at least from your perspective) so why would I believe that someone with an abundant ego like yours wouldn't feel like they project themselves in a manner that makes them seem superior? Of course this is all going on in someone else's mind, mine is not as flowery a version but I do try.:D

jmccr8

• Haha 4

Connectivity does not just apply to gods. Some people are also connected to other people ,to animals, or to the environment.

Connection comes in many forms, from  common empathy to a complex understanding of ones connection to everything past and present.  ie how one fits into, contributes to, and draws upon, everything around ones self

I have sneaking suspicion that people who were loved as children by others, or even loved animals,  have a greater connectivity than those who never learned to love, or feel, for self or others 

Hmm, interesting scenario, what book is this?

My Feeling is you have wandered off track thinking you know how someone else interprets their environment and that may be a sign of self projection. Would you mind exploring this aspect of your perception and I will counter with mine as long as you do not make reference to other posters?

jmccr8

• Like 2

I dont think that's true.  "Everyone" has an inner voice or monologue. Many people have multiple inner voices and dialogues.

It is quite normal and part of our mental skills used to think things through and make decisions 

Hi Walker

Yes and I like to switch them up sometimes I will even give them voices in the real world and make them sound like Donald Duck(Babydoll's favorite) to James Cagney or John Wayne. and I know it's me keeping the field clear for play. And no I don't have a problem talking out loud to myself as long as I have a sense of humor about it.

jmccr8

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, third_eye said:

Have a nice day... 

~

Hey Third_eye

You know I have never said thank you for all the good words that you have shared and the temper in which they were given.

Thanks

jmccr8

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, third_eye said:

@jmccr8

"John Wayne with Donald Duck voice "

:lol:

Thanks, I needed that... 

:tu:

~

Hi Third-eye

i am only pretending to be insane,.. soon Hannibal, Mr.T, and Babyface will bust me out of here and I can fly again.:whistle::lol:

jmccr8

Edited by jmccr8
spulling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, jmccr8 said:

Hi Third-eye

i am only pretending to be insane,.. soon Hannibal, Mr.T, and Babyface will bust me out of here and I can fly again.:whistle::lol:

jmccr8

Oh Yeah I forgot Napoleon etal.:whistle:

jmccr8

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Third-eye

jmccr8

That's the sanest comment I've read in a few while... 

Remember to tie the flying shoe laces... 

:yes:

~

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, third_eye said:

That's the sanest comment I've read in a few while... 

Remember to tie the flying shoe laces... 

:yes:

~

Hey man shoe laces are like family you aren't disrespecting my mama are you?:lol:

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hey man shoe laces are like family you aren't disrespecting my mama are you?:lol:

Do you mean scientifically or spiritually in a deliberate or careless manner? 

:D

.~

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Do you mean scientifically or spiritually in a deliberate or careless manner? 

:D

.~

Third_eye(crying emoji)

I am offended that you would think that I am a velcro man, them laces hold my feet so fleet and do not stand any form of laxness.

Well under the right circumstances I would take picture of all the laces in all 276 pairs of shoe that are part of my being in the world.

DISCAIMER

There are some family members that we only politely mention in passing. And thery are not my pumas, or the Bally's, or trhe...Steve Maddens even though they have velcro lines.:whistle:

jmccr8

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Well under the right circumstances I would take picture of all the laces in all 276 pairs of shoe that are part of my being in the world.

Just a picture of your Crocs™ in all available colors should suffice... 

No offense but if you must shed tears... Just sayin'

~

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Just a picture of your Crocs™ in all available colors should suffice... 

~

giphy.gif

i just had them washed

jmccr8

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, third_eye said:

I said I was just playing ionsane. Man don't mess up the script. This is UM live, a sitcom of sanities,

jmccr8

• Haha 2