Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Spiritual or science

God Lover

2 hours ago, third_eye said:

Nope, you made the multitudes of claims... 

~

You first... 

~

All of the above... 

~

Unlike you I don't differentiate lies as deliberately or carelessly, especially when it applies to you... 

~

Further evidence of your deceitful nature... 

~

All tangled up with your lies so much so that you don't remember where you lied about not lying or lying about not having lied about your previous lies? 

~

Provide evidence and less prattling please.... 

It's such a nice day to sort out your lies isn't it? 

~

Fluff and nonsense.

Not a single explained point, or claim of fact that can be shown to be true.

Pure personal diatribe.

Not worth my time.

I get the idea that you are here to inflate your ego, and pick a fight, rather than engage in rational debate.

If you  can demonstrate the truth of just one of your claims  about me,  have  it  :)  

Ps a lie has to be intentional, or it is not a lie. (Intent to deceive is at the heart of a lie)   I don't know if you are ignorant,  or just nasty, in the intent of your claims 

I would be nice to think you were ignorant rather than unpleasant.

There are excuses for the former. None for the latter 

2 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

He Ducked,.. He weaved the stuck his chin out for the left he never saw it coming. Annnd, he's down for the count ,One ,..Two. AND HE'S OUT.

Walker my dear friend you have belittled all of us with your superior debate and comprehension skills( at least from your perspective) so why would I believe that someone with an abundant ego like yours wouldn't feel like they project themselves in a manner that makes them seem superior? Of course this is all going on in someone else's mind, mine is not as flowery a version but I do try.:D

jmccr8

Sorry but  as you say that is YOUR perspective. Not my intent nor my nature.  i don't feel superior to anyone.. I have certain skills and abilities and am sadly lacking in others  The life i describe is the life i have lived.  The claims i make about myself are all true   

Again  i don't compare myself to others only to myself and i dont get people who  worry about being better or worse than others. (iam not a competitive person except for fun) 

As humans we are all equal It is what we do with our abilities skills and talents that is important .

I have been very fortunate to have been given a life with the time, opportunity, and money, to be able to do and try many things and to become good at many  

P s look at it this way. i dont have to project or try to make myself superior. I am fully confident in my self, who i am and the life i lived. I DO have a good ego and great self esteem 

i dont need to make others seem lesser, in order to feel bigger.  That feeling of inferiority comes from  them for different reasons not from me being (or presenting myself as)  superior  The sense of belittlement maybe comes for others feelings of inadequacy or lack of slef esteem. I am not seeking to impose it on anyone   

Edited by Mr Walker

51 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Fluff and nonsense.

Not a single explained point, or claim of fact that can be shown to be true.

Don't dump your insecurities and inadequacies on us... 

~

Pure personal diatribe.

So you're lying when you claimed that you never make things personal... Figures... 

~

Not worth my time.

Whatever that's worth with whatever little you have left I guess... 

~

I get the idea that you are here to inflate your ego, and pick a fight, rather than engage in rational debate.

You got the wrong idea, can't help it if you're an ego inflating irrationality...

~

If you  can demonstrate the truth of just one of your claims  about me,  have  it  :)  

Clearly demonstrated, that you won't admit it is none of my concern... 

~

Ps a lie has to be intentional, or it is not a lie. (Intent to deceive is at the heart of a lie)   I don't know if you are ignorant,  or just nasty, in the intent of your claims 

Just being honest, truthful and sincere, something that is clearly beyond your comprehension... 

~

I would be nice to think you were ignorant rather than unpleasant.

You have not shown any slightest indication of intelligence to  what you just said... So much for your poor attempt at pleasantries 

~

There are excuses for the former. None for the latter 

Plenty though for your flabbergasting excuses for falsities, right? 

~

And a Good day to you too... 

~

• Like 5

8 hours ago, psyche101 said:

It doesnt have to be though. It can also be an opportunity to stand on the shoulders of giants 

It's all in the approach I would think. 

I don't really see it that way. In a way it's like knowing that the new religion is just the same as the old religion. 

18 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I was pretty much taught that life was suffering and failure when I was a kid. So yeah, rainbows, sunshine and fluffy kittens all the way around. 

Hmm, uhuh.   That is a hard place to start from.  There is truth in that,  just not the whole truth?  

I guess I was just a very lucky kid..dad was essentially quiet and mysterious...but mom was very positive, she sang a lot .

she always taught us that "life is what you make it".  Life was already good for me, so I didn't understand at all..plus I've always been rather simple minded (idiotic)?  Maybe that has been one of my greatest "blessings" ?  :P

2 minutes ago, lightly said:

Hmm, uhuh.   That is a hard place to start from.  There is truth in that,  just not the whole truth?  

I guess I was just a very lucky kid..dad was essentially quiet and mysterious...but mom was very positive, she sang a lot .

she always taught us that "life is what you make it".  Life was already good for me, so I didn't understand at all..plus I've always been rather simple minded (idiotic)?  Maybe that has been one of my greatest "blessings" ?  :P

Well my father was an alcoholic and my parents separated briefly when I was in kindergarten. So I stayed with my mother and grand parents. My grand mother decided to psychological and physically abuse me in "god's best interest', my grand father was the only thing that stopped her but he was always around and he was my hero. Dad sobered up, mom got pregnant and my brother died stillborn. My father withdrew and became indifferent towards me, mom was just lost. So I was isolated. Even had a NDE at that time due to blood loss that came as a results of going to fast downhill on my bike. 

So I am glad that life was good to you. I just learned really quickly that God doesn't care, that life is work, and we are finite. This is probably the reason I'm rather pessimistic about things and the very idea of trying to be optimistic fills me with dread. It would be nice if there was some ethereal parental figure that actually loved us and had our best interest in mind, I just can't see that happening without me fooling myself into it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, lightly said:

I've always been rather simple minded (idiotic)?  Maybe that has been one of my greatest "blessings" ?  :P

Ignorance is bliss.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Sorry but  as you say that is YOUR perspective. Not my intent nor my nature.  i don't feel superior to anyone.. I have certain skills and abilities and am sadly lacking in others  The life i describe is the life i have lived.  The claims i make about myself are all true   

Again  i don't compare myself to others only to myself and i dont get people who  worry about being better or worse than others. (iam not a competitive person except for fun) 

As humans we are all equal It is what we do with our abilities skills and talents that is important .

I have been very fortunate to have been given a life with the time, opportunity, and money, to be able to do and try many things and to become good at many  

P s look at it this way. i dont have to project or try to make myself superior. I am fully confident in my self, who i am and the life i lived. I DO have a good ego and great self esteem 

i dont need to make others seem lesser, in order to feel bigger.  That feeling of inferiority comes from  them for different reasons not from me being (or presenting myself as)  superior  The sense of belittlement maybe comes for others feelings of inadequacy or lack of slef esteem. I am not seeking to impose it on anyone   

I will take this challenge you claim: 

“I've had IQ scores of over 180 in  some academic IQ tests” ( Walker).

I am not calling you a liar, but you are claiming an IQ score that is higher than Einstein and Steven Hawking who are said to have had IQ’s of 160 and 180 is a rarity at best, maybe 1 percent of the population have it out of billions of people, this would be about 80 people on the entire planet. 

There is nothing about your posts that support this level of genius not in background, profundity or contributions, or in intellectual flexibility. The genius level of intelligence is apparent, it just shows, you wouldn’t need to try and convince us  of it, if you had it while you are not a moron, based on your posts there isn’t anything jumping out as a cut above the rest. 

We do have a few genius posters 8ty and Copasetic, few of us are in that  league and this includes you.

So why do you constantly brag about yourself if you have such a hearty self esteem? 

If you possessed the level of intellect you claim it would show and it doesn’t and you know it doesn’t, so what is the point of making this claim? A smart person wouldn’t need to. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

16 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

I will take this challenge you claim: 

“I've had IQ scores of over 180 in  some academic IQ tests” ( Walker).

I am not calling you a liar

I am definately calling him a liar.

Not Scientifically Possible 04092019190508.jpg

• Haha 5

24 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

you are claiming an IQ score that is higher than Einstein and Steven Hawking who are said to have had IQ’s of 160 and 180 is a rarity at best, maybe 1 percent of the population have it out of billions of people, this would be about 80 people on the entire planet.

The whole basic premise of IQ is faulty as well. Human intelligence is far too complex to adequately quantify, especially to the extent of assigning a simple number to it.

Besides, IQ tests were never initially designed to be used for measuring a person's overall intelligence.

The idea that intelligence can be measured by IQ tests alone is a fallacy according to the largest single study into human cognition which found that it comprises of at least three distinct mental traits.

IQ tests have been used for decades to assess intelligence but they are fundamentally flawed because they do not take into account the complex nature of the human intellect and its different components, the study found.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/iq-tests-are-fundamentally-flawed-and-using-them-alone-to-measure-intelligence-is-a-fallacy-study-8425911.html

If Walker actually had such high intelligence, he would know this. But no, instead he uses outdated tools to blatantly lie and inflate his ego because he's a malignant narcissist.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The funny thing about IQ testing is they show what you're able to memories, however is any of that stuff useful? Probably not. I think that the real problem with intelligence in general. Yeah, you might know this (subject) really well, but how do you apply it. For me the real measure of intelligence is what you can do with what you know. Sure there are knuckle dragging morons in the world, but there are also over-educated idiots as well. 

I can't help but think by to when I was in school. After learning basic math, reading/writing, and science everything else because rather unimportant to me. I just didn't care. My youngest has the same problem. She'd rather do her own reading and study on things she's interested in. Same as I. Of course there is also the 3 book rule in which you 'become an expert' on any subject just by reading three book compared to the average individual. Doesn't actually make you smarter just well read I suppose. Meh, what do I know, I'm a moron apparently...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

The funny thing about IQ testing is they show what you're able to memories, however is any of that stuff useful? Probably not. I think that the real problem with intelligence in general. Yeah, you might know this (subject) really well, but how do you apply it. For me the real measure of intelligence is what you can do with what you know. Sure there are knuckle dragging morons in the world, but there are also over-educated idiots as well. 

I can't help but think by to when I was in school. After learning basic math, reading/writing, and science everything else because rather unimportant to me. I just didn't care. My youngest has the same problem. She'd rather do her own reading and study on things she's interested in. Same as I. Of course there is also the 3 book rule in which you 'become an expert' on any subject just by reading three book compared to the average individual. Doesn't actually make you smarter just well read I suppose. Meh, what do I know, I'm a moron apparently...

Aptitude tests are the way to go.

We are all Moran's...... welcome to the club.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Aptitude tests are the way to go.

We are all Moron's...... welcome to the club.

Except some people are better at it. 

1 hour ago, Aquila King said:

The whole basic premise of IQ is faulty as well. Human intelligence is far too complex to adequately quantify, especially to the extent of assigning a simple number to it.

Besides, IQ tests were never initially designed to be used for measuring a person's overall intelligence.

If Walker actually had such high intelligence, he would know this. But no, instead he uses outdated tools to blatantly lie and inflate his ego because he's a malignant narcissist.

When my daughter was in special ed the state decided to try to cull some of the kids from the "gifted program" by making them all take a different test that scored differently but they used the same criteria to determine the scale of who could be in the program.  The teacher let us know and some of her class scored higher on the new test, others, like my daughter scored lower by a couple of points but the real outcome was no children who had scored high enough on the first test were removed from the program because their scores were still over the threshhold.  Maybe the teacher gave them pointers, I don't know.  It is ridiculous to separate kids based on IQ tests.  The curriculum that the "gifted" kids got should have been the curriculum for all the kids.

P.S.  One of the reasons both  my daughters got higher scores on those test was because they had practice taking them, they were used as practice subjects for three different people working on masters degrees, 2 in education and one in psychology.  I believe kids can be trained to get higher scores on those tests.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, XenoFish said:

So I am glad that life was good to you. I just learned really quickly that God doesn't care, that life is work, and we are finite. 

Thanks for the personal info X.    Ya I had sort of a blessed childhood...which I think has somehow helped me appreciate life.

But, being human, I naturally found ways to cause problems for myself.  I Know life is work..I worked harder than anyone I've ever met...for 40+ yrs.. ..didn't get rich  ;  but I have always managed to be independent...Never borrowed a dime in my life..built and own our home (& land)

i had loving parents ..but ,being human, I managed to cause my own problems... Horrible "functional?" Alcoholic for 20+ years. (Thankful that's been over for 20+ yrs.)   ...I don't miss it a bit ! 

i know we are finite.  I was given 4 mo. to 2years to live .. (until this coming Feb. according to that dr.).  I Will be around longer than that .   How much longer? I'm not real sure.  I've been exceeding expectations so far.      

OK...enough true confessions for now ?  It's good to yak honestly with you though.  

Edited by lightly
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

When my daughter was in special ed the state decided to try to cull some of the kids from the "gifted program" by making them all take a different test that scored differently but they used the same criteria to determine the scale of who could be in the program.  The teacher let us know and some of her class scored higher on the new test, others, like my daughter scored lower by a couple of points but the real outcome was no children who had scored high enough on the first test were removed from the program because their scores were still over the threshhold.  Maybe the teacher gave them pointers, I don't know.  It is ridiculous to separate kids based on IQ tests.  The curriculum that the "gifted" kids got should have been the curriculum for all the kids.

P.S.  One of the reasons both  my daughters got higher scores on those test was because they had practice taking them, they were used as practice subjects for three different people working on masters degrees, 2 in education and one in psychology.  I believe kids can be trained to get higher scores on those tests.

That's a good example why separating students based on arbitrary test scores can be a harmful and idiotic thing.

Though it's not just IQ. Just general test taking itself is often considered it's own sort of skill that has to be taught, yet sadly often isn't in most regular school curriculums. There are plenty of brilliant kids who do terrible in school simply because they're just bad test takers. That's why often times it's the more middle to higher income earners who's kids end up getting taught that skill via private tutors and learning centers that lower income earners' kids can't afford.

And as we all know unfortunately, the more poverty stricken often means the less white these kids often are. Therefore a lot of people use the naturally lower test scores of black and brown students to either support racist beliefs of "brown kids have a naturally lower IQ and intelligence," or blame the "culture" these kids grow up in as the reason for their lower test scores. When the actual reality of the situation is, these kids just aren't being taught what they need to, and their schools just don't get the proper funding for educational resources that they need to succeed.

I want to be clear - I'm not against test taking. But at the end of the day, a test can only show so much. It's not a perfectly accurate picture of someone's overall intelligence or knowledge of a particular subject. There are too many other factors involved that could potentially skew the results. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Aquila King said:

I am definately calling him a liar.

Not Scientifically Possible 04092019190508.jpg

The level of genius 180 IQ that Mr. Walker is claiming is nonsense because this level of genius is genetic too. 

I studied Philosophy and Critical thinking and Walker’s thinking is predominantly pre reflective in the sense he tends to assume a correct answer always exists, he counters from the place of he is always right, and data obtained directly from his senses is superior and accurate, he often uses phrases that begin and end with

“I know this because I know what I have seen, or such and such article said so, or I was taught to believe this by my parents.” 

He doesn’t distinguish between knowledge and belief or between belief and evidence, and he rarely sees a need to justify a belief with evidence. He would says things like “some might think they have evolved from monkeys and that is the way they want to belief, while I might not believe that way I would never seek to correct them as I myself would not stand corrected because I am never in error. 

Of the 7 cognitive stages one goes through on their way to being a reflective thinker he is early in his journey. 

Clearly, IQ tests leave a lot to be desired as the only way to assess for genius.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

The level of genius 180 IQ that Mr. Walker is claiming is nonsense because this level of genius is genetic too. 

I studied Philosophy and Critical thinking and Walker’s thinking is predominantly pre reflective in the sense he tends to assume a correct answer always exists, he counters from the place of he is always right, and data obtained directly from his senses is superior and accurate, he often uses phrases that begin and end with

“I know this because I know what I have seen, or such and such article said so, or I was taught to believe this by my parents.” 

He doesn’t distinguish between knowledge and belief or between belief and evidence, and he rarely sees a need to justify a belief with evidence. He would says things like “some might think they have evolved from monkeys and that is the way they want to belief, while I might not believe that way I would never seek to correct them as I myself would not stand corrected because I am never in error. 

Of the 7 cognitive stages one goes through on their way to being a reflective thinker he is early in his journey. 

Clearly, IQ tests leave a lot to be desired as the only way to assess for genius.

And then there is the fact that one can have a genius level IQ but not be surrounded by much that, for them, is intellectually stimulating which can be a waste. 

cormac

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Well to be frank, I don't his primary problem here stems from philosophical or critical thinking problems, as much as it is his plain ol' narcissism.

He clearly has some deep seated insecurities of some kind that cause him to attempt to overcompensate for them by presenting himself as this super ultra mega genius that can never be wrong.

Sadly, there's basically no cure for that. So it just is what it is I'm afraid...

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

And then there is the fact that one can have a genius level IQ but not be surrounded by much that, for them, is intellectually stimulating which can be a waste. 

cormac

Indeed environment can work both ways.

Just now, Sherapy said:

Indeed environment can work both ways.

Sad but true. 

cormac

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Sad but true. 

cormac

Yep, environmentally induced cognitive impairment. 

One needs experiences too.

I work with Dementia and Alzheimer’s patients and the single factor that speeds up cognitive decline is lack of mental stimulation, lack of quality social engagement, the kind of engagement that comes from the give and take of participating in life passively watching TV and reading Goosebumps isn’t a substitute for real life experiences. Yet, Watching a movie and then having a quality discussion where one has to think and explore other perspectives is good. 

I work for a Neurologist the brain needs to be engaged learning challenging oneself to new things, novel experiences all the time. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 4