Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is God Real

God Lover

If god was real why could he get everyone sin free?

Because he gave us are choice of life states in the Bible 

if god was real why can’t I hear him when I pray to him?

Because he is testing you 

if god was real why can’t it help me?

he does in ways you would never think that he would

if god was real why can’t I feel he’s presence?

You do in people. He reaches out to you in people just keep you’re eyes open.

You can tell people God is real unil you are blue in the face. However, that is what faith is: Belief without knowing.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, God Lover said:

These all seem like "answers" from a manipulator. And with any other subject it would be viewed as such.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Oh, boy. Another, yes he is, no he isn't, God thread. Man, the Universe's idea of a sick joke; talking monkeys that think they know everything.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

I think God is inside all of us but most of us are  still in the stage of identifying with our ego and not our God essence.  Self-Realization/God-Realization/Brahman-Realization is the goal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Gott ist tot so is nietzsche, jung, Marx, Engels and i feel kind of sick and ill too.

Edited by Impedancer
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Oh, boy. Another, yes he is, no he isn't, God thread. Man, the Universe's idea of a sick joke; talking monkeys that think they know everything.

Edited 3 hours ago by Hammerclaw

You think that's something,  just wait until you sit us down with a lot of typewriters and plenty of free time on our hands.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

You think that's something,  just wait until you sit us down with a lot of typewriters and plenty of free time on our hands.

That explains the internet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Type...writer? Typewriter. How quaint. I wonder how many young people know what that is.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

So, I do realize the part of the forum this thread is in. So, I can understand and consider the outlook of the OP. Though, the thread title kind of looked like a question to me, (without the question mark at the end, *shrugs* ) So, I thought the OP was asking the question and hoping for answers to help him/her. 

Well anyways, ......

18 hours ago, God Lover said:

Ok, there is something, I feel, should be pointed out. So, for this statement to be totally understood, would you think everyone has access and have read the Bible? I would think so. So, like me, there are more than likely, (especially in countries that allows the freedom to practice your religion, or not practice any at all) those who grew up not going to religious meetings or reading and owning a religious book. So, if it’s stated in the Bible, I definitely do not know anything about it. 

Also, the subject of sin doesn’t mean anything to me. Didn’t grow up thinking and knowing about the word and it’s understanding. And, the idea of automatically ‘having sin’. :no:  I mean, I could come back and ask, “Oh, you mean the human condition?!?”  Which, to me is, we ‘can’ control that you know. That means, we aren’t labeled as being bad, without having to do the things that allowing our negative human condition to take over us does. :rolleyes: 

And here’s a question I like to ask you (and it will be asked a lot) Do you have absolute proof that he did give us ‘the choice’? Outside of the Bible, that is. 

How do you know? I mean, it’s stated right out, one can’t hear him when you pray to him. So, how do you know he is testing you? Unless, you’re making an assumption and expect others to assumed that as well. Is that what you are doing? 

And of course, the proof would should it’s more than an assumption. (Remember, a raised secular individual would be :huh: at the answer of something unseen ‘testing’ you. Right? 

If god was real why can’t it help me?

Do you have an example, that shows you are correct? I mean, this answer sounds extremely vague to me. Wouldn’t it to you? How can it be believed, when there is no identifying way of how this occurs? Right? 

Sometimes, there are times that things fall into place coincidently, and that does happen. Can that be proven that God did it? I don’t think it can, just assumed, right? 

As someone already pointed out, how do you know that is not an alien in someone’s body? Also, again, where is the proof that is the case? 

Plus, can’t it be accepted, that that person themselves are just that awesome?!?! You don’t have any proof that they are being guided by some unseen force or that if they are, by an alien, right? ( I know, if that can be believed, ;)  ) 

So, in a nutshell, are you giving definite answers to these questions? Then, proofs would make them actual answers. 

Are you trying to ‘make people think’? Well, that can go many different ways. We are all different in how we perceive things, that you might be surprised how some might answer that contrary to your ‘answers’. In fact, some make come up with something that might ‘make you think’. ;)  

To me, a raised secular individual who came into her own New Age beliefs, I look at your post and your ‘thoughts’ as something that has no basis to show it’s the truth to me. To me, they look like answers, that are actually ‘assumptions’ in how they are answered. Do you see assumptions = answers? I don’t know, being they are different meanings in their words. 

Unless, you have the actual, 100% proof, then you might have something. ;)  

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:
14 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Type...writer? Typewriter. How quaint. I wonder how many young people know what that is.

I would like to know too. :D  ;)  :devil:  

As someone who studied and received her degree in English in the late 80’s, I feel I got overdosed with using them. :o  :wacko:  

Just think how one cannot be portable with such things in the past, that anyone can today with a laptop. :w00t:  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, God Lover said:

According to your Bible what choice did I have regarding original sin?

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, God Lover said:

No one is sin free because sin is to do the wrong thing, knowingly and deliberately.

In contradistinction to this however, stands a great reality. The doing of God's will. 

2 hours ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Unless, you have the actual, 100% proof, then you might have something.

I have 100-proof spirits in my entertainment cabinet, is that something? 

That was quite an effort you put in with your reasoning advice for the benefit of the OP. You must love your fellow man.

When will those poor, and lost souls ever learn not to accept anything unless there is 100% proof?

5 hours ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Gone away to the same nostalgic place as dial phones, home movie cameras, black and white TV's with picture tubes, vacuum tubes in general for that matter, and drive in restaurants with carhops.   We can't go back now Stubbly except in our memories, which are generally better than the real thing anyway.  Cheers.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Pettytalk said:
8 hours ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Unless, you have the actual, 100% proof, then you might have something.

I have 100-proof spirits in my entertainment cabinet, is that something? 

Is the thread about the realness of alcohol?? 

It’s not, is it?.  And hey, I know alcohol  is real, so your  question is irrelevant. 

That was quite an effort you put in with your reasoning advice for the benefit of the OP. You must love your fellow man.

I don’t think sarcasm becomes you. 

When will those poor, and lost souls ever learn not to accept anything unless there is 100% proof?

Who are you talking about?Those who are trying to  prove God, or  for those who are trying to be proven there is god?

Believe it  or not,   you can’t convert a lot of people, if someone can’t believe without proof, then there there’s no way they can ‘honestly ‘ believe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:
8 hours ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Gone away to the same nostalgic place as dial phones, home movie cameras, black and white TV's with picture tubes, vacuum tubes in general for that matter, and drive in restaurants with carhops.   We can't go back now Stubbly except in our memories, which are generally better than the real thing anyway.  Cheers.

I know. I know. But, I can’t help  feeling that damn nostalgic sometimes !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I believe god is real because who Created  created the world who made trees?Who made animals? Plus if All the near death experience are fake how are they fake? I’m honestly curious 

On ‎16‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 7:10 PM, God Lover said:

God has created the universe for you to enjoy.

Your only purpose is to enjoy the pleasures on offer while being mindful of doing it to give satisfaction and fulfilment back to God. We run into two problems:

1. Our ego makes us focus on receiving pleasure only for ourselves. Therefore we stop being mindful of receiving pleasure to give satisfaction and fulfilment back to God.

2. Our society tells us its wrong or weird to enjoy a variety of pleasures creating a gap between the pleasures God intended us to enjoy and those we indulge in.

With the above two problems most people are only indulging in 20% of the pleasures made available by God and only enjoying those for themselves. Thats why God ignores you, you have engaged in separation from him.

Look for everything you find pleasurable and indulge. Indulge while being mindful of doing it to give God satisfaction and fulfilment back, and your world starts to change. God will communicate with you not by speaking to you, but with odd experiences that come your way.

1 hour ago, God Lover said:

I believe god is real because who Created  created the world who made trees?Who made animals? Plus if All the near death experience are fake how are they fake? I’m honestly curious 

A lot NDEs have nothing to do with Christianity. It depends on your belief system. The problem with people who record them is they never record the Asian or Native American ones.

• Like 3

On 7/17/2019 at 11:53 AM, Pettytalk said:

Says the guy who claims to be the reincarnation Plato and a prophet of the Christian God with tales of gloom and doom.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Piney said:

Says the guy who claims to be the reincarnation Plato and a prophet of the Christian God with tales of gloom and doom.

He meant Pluto. The Farce is strong in this one 

• Haha 5