Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is God Real

God Lover

On July 17, 2019 at 2:46 PM, Tatetopa said:

Gone away to the same nostalgic place as dial phones, home movie cameras, black and white TV's with picture tubes, vacuum tubes in general for that matter, and drive in restaurants with carhops.   We can't go back now Stubbly except in our memories, which are generally better than the real thing anyway.  Cheers.

:lol:    I remember drive in movies, my older sisters in poodle skirts,saddle shoes and pony tails, hula hoops, jukeboxes, soda counters, ducktails, leather jackets, cigarettes rolled up in t-shirt sleeves, pegged pants, quarter mile races, k thru 12 school, and God being real.   ;

.  I just remembered !   I remember seeing a big radio in the living room instead of a tv!   ...and going to the house of the first people in town to get a tv !  Just to see one!

Edited by lightly
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, God Lover said:

I believe god is real because who Created  created the world who made trees?Who made animals? Plus if All the near death experience are fake how are they fake? I’m honestly curious 

That is an argument from ignorance.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

He meant Pluto. The Farce is strong in this one 

The merry bells ring
To welcome the Spring;
The skylark and thrush,
The birds of the bush,
Sing louder around
To the bells' cheerful sound;
While our sports shall be seen
On the echoing Green.
Old John, with white hair,
Does laugh away care,
Sitting under the oak,
Among the old folk.
They laugh at our play,
And soon they all say,
"Such, such were the joys
When we all -- girls and boys --
In our youth-time were seen
On the echoing Green."
Till the little ones, weary,
No more can be merry:
The sun does descend,
And our sports have an end.
Round the laps of their mothers
Many sisters and brothers,
Like birds in their nest,
Are ready for rest,
And sport no more seen
On the darkening green.

William Blake

• Like 1

On 7/17/2019 at 3:10 AM, God Lover said:

If god was real why could he get everyone sin free?

Because he gave us are choice of life states in the Bible 

if god was real why can’t I hear him when I pray to him?

Because he is testing you 

if god was real why can’t it help me?

he does in ways you would never think that he would

if god was real why can’t I feel he’s presence?

You do in people. He reaches out to you in people just keep you’re eyes open.

if God is real, how can he allow all the chaos and war in the world today.

The people who suffer are not the cause, more innocents die than all the soldiers in all the Army's in the world.

The people who create the chaos and war go on their merry way to create more.

If God is real he either enjoys all this pain and suffering or he isn't paying attention.

As far myself I don't know if God is real, they say he acts in mysterious ways, maybe that's why I can't see.his actions.

Is God real, if he is the world really needs him now.

• Like 3

This is Closer To Truth, and there is plenty more where this came from.  I think all the commentators interviewed, pro and con, put it forth much more diligently, and with much more academic background than anyone can muster up around these halls. I believe that we ought to kind of use a sort of referee, a standard higher than we have here, to give weight to the argument and discussions we are having, if some are meaning to make it a win/lose kind of thing.  

https://www.closertotruth.com/series/classical-arguments-god

Is God real? 

Yeah, she is. 

~

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

He meant Pluto. The Farce is strong in this one 

How come Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy could all talk & wear clothes, but Pluto was just a dog?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Because the hairless primates (oops, I meant the creatures who were created in the creators image) somehow are powerful enough to screw up the plans of the ultimate gamemaster.

At least, according to the mythos of several major theologies.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2019 at 4:10 AM, God Lover said:

If god was real why could he get everyone sin free?  Because he gave us are choice of life states in the Bible .  if god was real why can’t I hear him when I pray to him?  Because he is testing you.  if god was real why can’t it help me?  he does in ways you would never think that he would.  if god was real why can’t I feel he’s presence?  You do in people. He reaches out to you in people just keep you’re eyes open.

carlin%20on%20god.jpg

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Is God real?
Yes I am.

Blasphemy!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, third_eye said:

Is God real? 

Yeah, she is. 

~

And it should be a she, since the most beautiful she is more beautiful than the most handsome he. This I say because God is said to be the most beautiful of all, and has it all.

20 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

Blasphemy!

Nonsense.  If god is in everybody, why isn't Sir Wearer of Hats god?  God is omnipresent or God couldn't be omniscient.  In Hindu cultures, the casual greeting is a recognition of every person's intrinsic divine nature.  Christianity only seems to revel in human sin and worthlessness, and that's so appealing and uplifting.  Is it any wonder that people have deserted this second hand Judaism for gentiles?  Did you know that the main reason that selling your soul to Satan is a sin is because your soul is part of God?  Also Jesus was quick to point out that everyone can realize the God in themselves.  To say that Sir Wearer of Hats has not experienced the gnosis is to judge him, and that is God's perogative, not yours Pettytalk, which means that Sir Wearer of Hats may judge you (he may have acheived gnosis after all), but you may not judge him if you are a good Christian.  I for my part do not think Sir Wearer of Hats is God, as I am an atheist, and I consider such claims without evidence to be hilarious, but not blasphemous.  Atheism is the true gnosis.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alchopwn said:

Atheism is the true gnosis.

It's like asking if God has a god that he believes in. If not, is god an atheist.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

And it should be a she, since the most beautiful she is more beautiful than the most handsome he. This I say because God is said to be the most beautiful of all, and has it all.

It ?

This is more like "it"

[00.01:30] × 3

~

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

How come Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy could all talk & wear clothes, but Pluto was just a dog?

Today is my birthday, and all my friends are coming. But I guess you can't have your cake and eat it to. However, with a Good Master there's no better life than a dog's life.

Luke 18:

18Then a certain ruler asked Him, “Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?” 19“Why do you call Me good?” Jesus replied. “No one is good except God alone. 20You know the commandments: ‘Do not commit adultery, do not murder, do not steal, do not bear false witness, honor your father and mother.’”

7 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

The people who suffer are not the cause, more innocents die than all the soldiers in all the Army's in the world.

The people who create the chaos and war go on their merry way to create more.

If God is real he either enjoys all this pain and suffering or he isn't paying attention.

As far myself I don't know if God is real, they say he acts in mysterious ways, maybe that's why I can't see.his actions.

Is God real, if he is the world really needs him now.

That’s all true but god gave us a choice at the beginning he allows us to choose. And how do I know that is because it was Iin the Bible 

Of course.

The bible is true!

Yeah? How do you know?

Because the bible tells me so....

:huh:

• Haha 1

I see people mention the universe a lot....as if it involves itself in our lives somehow.   If I may ask, how many here believe that?   ...or that the universe is Aware?

1 hour ago, lightly said:

If I may ask, how many here believe that?   ...or that the universe is Aware?

I think, and I'm NOT being judgmental or demeaning, but I think that some people find the use of the word god to be outdated. But they still feel a need to believe in a higher power, so they substitute the word "universe" instead, yet attribute to it all the facets and abilities that a theist does in their god concept.

Spot The Difference:

Law of Attraction (LOA) adherent: Ask the universe for what you need, send out the request and allow it (the universe) to answer

Theist: Pray to god to deliver your wishes. Have faith, and all will be well

ETA: NOT

Edited by Jodie.Lynne
A subconscious slip of the fingers?
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

Blasphemy!

Only if I’m lying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just thought I would see what Mrs. Betty Bowers has to say....

• Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

I think, and I'm NOT being judgmental or demeaning, but I think that some people find the use of the word god to be outdated. But they still feel a need to believe in a higher power, so they substitute the word "universe" instead, yet attribute to it all the facets and abilities that a theist does in their god concept.

Except when you believe humans are just another speck in a uncaring Universe. Like Natives and most Asians do. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

Today is my birthday, and all my friends are coming. But I guess you can't have your cake and eat it to. However, with a Good Master there's no better life than a dog's life.

"Punishment and reward is a philosophy for horses and house pets. Not human beings"-Emma Peaslee Engle, Quaker theologian.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Piney said:

Except when you believe humans are just another speck in a uncaring Universe. Like Natives and most Asians do. 

Does a combine-harvester "care" or is concerned about any wildlife it runs over as it does its job?

Many people cannot accept the fact that "stuff happens", they require a reason, a sense of purpose for the day-to-day insanity that is life.

A bible survives a car fire, it's "gods message"; a 3 year old dies in a drive-by, it's "gods will".

I know people that can rationalize the most unfortunate occurrence, as a "sign from god (or the universe)". A woman I know was on the way to a job interview, got a flat, couldn't make the interview, someone else got the job. Her rationalization? She wasn't meant to get that job, something better is on the way.....

In the mean time, she is still unemployed, and living with her relatives.

Edited by Jodie.Lynne
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1