Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is God Real

God Lover

6 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

I'm flipping way over your head, and that is why I flopped.

Ignorance is bliss, and your philosophy is straight up American Evangelical ignorance at it's finest.  Your lies and ideas are a cesspit, therefore over no one's head.

Edited by Piney
**** Atlantis
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Piney said:

Ignorance is bliss, and your philosophy is straight up American Evangelical ignorance at it's finest.  Your lies and ideas are a cesspit, therefore over no one's head.

84b9887f519ea307c866fe9af6a30ad6.jpg

• Haha 6

5 hours ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Flipping over my head?!? 

You sure about that? :rolleyes:

Do you remember what I said about you and sarcasm? Well, add condescension  to the list. 

Maaaaan,  you are way off base with the lyrics in that video you posted!  You have no friggin clue!  

It makes me wonder how you feel about me growing up secular. What’s your take of me growing up personally seeing no credibility of your God.

(Keep note I said personally and ‘your ‘ god)

That’s why your attitude doesn’t affect me. It makes no sense whatsoever based on what I learned in my younger years. 

You can talk the talk, but that is what it is to me, talk. :sleepy:

What is interesting to me is how he goes after a female, never hear a peep out of him otherwise. 

Next he will be bragging how he respects and honors women, like another poster on here, while he insults you out the other side of his mouth.  

Sheesh. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sherapy said:

What is interesting to me is how he goes after a female, never hear a peep out of him otherwise. 

He nibbed here for a long time before joining and posting. He knew my past posting history when he first started posting his walls of text.

I wouldn't be too surprised if he nibbed my pics and it kinda intimidated him. :lol:

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Piney said:

He nibbed here for a long time before joining and posting. He knew my past posting history when he first started posting his walls of text.

I wouldn't be too surprised if he nibbed my pics and it kinda intimidated him. :lol:

“You a boss Pinesters, he a worker bee” Shera P

truly, you are a boss when it comes to knowledge. :wub:

I just love saying this. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Flipping over my head?!? 

Do you remember what I said about you and sarcasm? Well, add condescension  to the list. 

Maaaaan,  you are way off base with the lyrics in that video you posted!  You have no friggin clue!  

It makes me wonder how you feel about me growing up secular. What’s your take of me growing up personally seeing no credibility of your God.

That’s why your attitude doesn’t affect me. It makes no sense whatsoever based on what I learned in my younger years. 

Let us make an end of this omelet. Wishing you the best, and telling you that you don't know "my" God. But you will, one day soon, as we all do.

Let bygones be bygones, and happy posting to you, my dear!

It's time to rethink the situation. One senses that matters are really getting out of hand, when a "troll" begins to get trolled by those he trolls on. Not to mention that the worker bees are really buzzing around the hive, and stinging at will.

I'm staying out of this neighborhood for a good while, as too many religious trolls reside here. I'm going to the real entertainment section, and share some musical ideas.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

It's time to rethink the situation. One senses that matters are really getting out of hand, when a "troll" begins to get trolled by those he trolls on. Not to mention that the worker bees are really buzzing around the hive, and stinging at will.

I'm staying out of this neighborhood for a good while, as too many religious trolls reside here. I'm going to the real entertainment section, and share some musical ideas.

:rolleyes:

I guess you  need to grow a set before you troll....

23 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

Let us make an end of this omelet. Wishing you the best, and telling you that you don't know "my" God. But you will, one day soon, as we all do.

Right after he stops the planet causing a tidal wave and earthquake to wreck the U.S.? :lol:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Pettytalk said:

May I suggest Hammer, Die Checker, Guyver and Stubbs as a role model. I mention them because they all believe in their own god, yet, they ain’t tryin to introduce us or preach to us cuz they respect us and whatever path we choose to walk.

There are many paths posting here. 

And, Piney actually is in the top 1% percent of knowledgeable, not the only one but comes to the table prepared. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Flipping over my head?!? 

Let us make an end of this omelet. Wishing you the best,

Well, aren't ya sweet!! ;)   (Though, I'm a little :rolleyes: on your metaphors. *shrugs* ) 

and telling you that you don't know "my" God.

Well, if ya quit bellyaching about 'your' god to everyone, then there ya go. ;)  :lol:  

And also, yeah, that's the thing, I don't know your god. But, you seem to go on about him over and over and over and over and over.....                               

wait for it!!!!

................................................ over again. :rofl:  You see, that wasn't the point. Whether I knew him or not. I think I have enough understanding to tell you that I don't believe him, when you're pushing him on to me(us)!! I don't have to know him to tell you, 'I'm not interested in knowing him. If you quit pushing him, then I won't know him. 

Image result for spaceballs everybody got that gif

Oh, good. :clap:  :D  

But you will, one day soon, as we all do.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, so some, like you, keep saying. Can you prove it? How do you know for a 100% fact, that it's true and I can believe you definitely? I won't believe it, if you say from the bible, because I know there are many different variations of the bible, and various religious books tend to have different outlooks, right? Plus, how do you know, the bible is definitely telling you the truth? 

Did anyone who passed on message you back and tell you, that is exactly what happens? If that hasn't happen, then what you just told me, is not something to take as total truth. 

Let bygones be bygones, and happy posting to you, my dear!

Awww, how nice, the sweetness came back. Well, despite the sarcasm and the condescension, I don't think you're insulting, (well, I haven't noticed it.................... to me at least) I wonder, if I can really believe you care. You just might, but I see a bit of unhappy when you're being pointed out what others see as not true in your posts. If you have noticed, a good bunch of us admit when we're wrong, and owe up to it. I think, it's good for you soul if you do. You still feel, (and I back it, if you truly believe what you believe, no one can change that, I do understand that) that this is what you believe, continue. Changing other's belief, when they feel they can't honestly believe it, is not a good and healthy thing to do, I strongly feel. I would think, you would have noticed that. *shrugs* 

So, in essence, sarcasm and condescension, is not the way. ;)  

Happy posting to you, Sweetcheeks. :tu:  

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Sherapy said:
21 hours ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Flipping over my head?!? 

Next he will be bragging how he respects and honors women, like another poster on here, while he insults you out the other side of his mouth.  

Sheesh. 

I don't know, who knows. Though, I thought he seemed to lay it on J for a bit. And J stayed his sweetly self, through it all. You know, him being a ghost and all. ;)  :P  

Aww, well, let him ride his wave. I'm just still be here and there, looking for chocolate! :D 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Piney said:
15 hours ago, Sherapy said:

You're the real deal, and I wub ya for it!!!  :D    :blush: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's time to rethink the situation. One senses that matters are really getting out of hand, when a "troll" begins to get trolled by those he trolls on

Wait!! Did he just admitted it?!!?!? :o  

That's a first! 

......................... well, maybe for me in my observation. *shrugs* 

. Not to mention that the worker bees are really buzzing around the hive, and stinging at will.

Yeah, your metaphors..................................... :no:  

Wait! Aren't you religious??? I thought, this would be up your ally!  

Well, believe it or not, I'm spiritual............ I don't know religious would be the word for me. Yeah, I grew up secular, (that's why I said your god) because I have my own beliefs of higher powers and spiritual things. And my religion or spiritual laws, frowns on proselytizers. Until, it's fair to proselytize back. 

that makes sense, right? ;)  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Piney said:
2 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

Right after he stops the planet causing a tidal wave and earthquake to wreck the U.S.? :lol:

Annnnd, this Black Friday bit. I work in retail, I have had enough! :o  :(  :w00t:  :wacko:  

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

May I suggest Hammer, Die Checker, Guyver and Stubbs as a role model. I mention them because they all believe in their own god, yet, they ain’t tryin to introduce us or preach to us cuz they respect us and whatever path we choose to walk.

There are many paths posting here. 

Yeah, I added my bit, (including that my belief believes on proselytizing back the proselytizers. (not sure that's not going to win him over. :o )  

But, I hope my advice to him helps. *shrugs* 

• Haha 3

You know Sheri, you have a wonderful outlook and character that is great role model material too, you know.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Let me step back and change things up a notch. 

God is as real as you believe it to be, though this doesn't make it objectively real.

As a concept or mental construct (thought-form Sir Piney), god can literally be anything we wish it to be. Just as a writer puts a little of themselves into their characters, so do we with our gods. 

God can be an empowering thought, but that in no way means god does anything for you. At more a personal god is just a servitor (thought-form), a cultural god would be an egregore.

https://www.strangerdimensions.com/2013/03/25/on-egregores/

Such beings are memetically spread from one mind to the other through some medium. Be it the spoken or written word. Each time such an idea spreads it infects a new mind. Sometimes these ideas take hold and grow, changing a persons perspective. For better or worse. Depending on the concept of god people are working with. A god of love, might influence compassionate behavior, a god of wraith can be used to justify the worst that resides within us.

Even demons work the same way. As ideas that embody the worst within us. Haunted by a guilty conscious, driven murderously mad by paranoia and fear. In the icy grip of depression.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Even demons work the same way. As ideas that embody the worst within us. Haunted by a guilty conscious, driven murderously mad by paranoia and fear. In the icy grip of depression

Don't be so hard on yourself !

9 hours ago, Sherapy said:

And, Piney actually is in the top 1% percent of knowledgeable, not the only one but comes to the table prepared. 

Only because I was dragged kicking and screaming to a Quaker theologian. :lol:

• Like 3

On 7/22/2019 at 7:36 PM, Habitat said:

Well, no, you are saying the scripture is not that of a God, but of men. What does that have to do with God being imaginary ?

So you admit then that it was men who wrote the scripture?  Good.  Because without the scripture there is zero evidence for the deity beyond infantile wish fulfilment fantasies LINK and confirmation bias LINK.  In fact there is no religion at all without the scripture, as by their own admission, the con artists say that if there is no scriptural derivation for a belief, it is heresy.  The moment you say that a scripture is only "of man" you are saying that you either place your faith outside scripture which makes you a heretic, or within scripture, which makes you a gullible sheep to be shorn by the wicked men who preach the lie.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

So you admit then that it was men who wrote the scripture?  Good.  Because without the scripture there is zero evidence for the deity beyond infantile wish fulfilment fantasies LINK and confirmation bias LINK.  In fact there is no religion at all without the scripture, as by their own admission, the con artists say that if there is no scriptural derivation for a belief, it is heresy.  The moment you say that a scripture is only "of man" you are saying that you either place your faith outside scripture which makes you a heretic, or within scripture, which makes you a gullible sheep to be shorn by the wicked men who preach the lie.

That's right, I'm not "within scripture". Faith does not necessarily depend on any texts.

On 7/23/2019 at 12:56 PM, Sherapy said:

Sheesh. 

Well you have to understand that he is informed by thousands of years of institutional religious sexism.  Don't you understand that as a woman you are too ignorant to hold a meaningful opinion Sherapy, and you are actually committing a sin by questioning a man, whom god has given to teach you.  Clearly you have the jezebel spirit within you Jezebel Spirit Link (don't miss this one, it's a doozie) to question him in the first place.  Christianity's main trick btw is that when it doesn't deliver it finds a reason why that's your fault.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Habitat said:

That's right, I'm not "within scripture". Faith does not necessarily depend on any texts.

So basically you're a heretic by your own admission.  Therefore you are not actually a Christian at all, but the devil's actual tool on Earth, and a more pure representation of Samael the Desolate One than any Satanic Death Metal band could ever be.

• Haha 2

Just now, Alchopwn said:

Well you have to understand that he is informed by thousands of years of institutional religious sexism.  Don't you understand that as a woman you are too ignorant to hold a meaningful opinion Sherapy, and you are actually committing a sin by questioning a man, whom god has given to teach you.  Clearly you have the jezebel spirit within you Jezebel Spirit Link (don't miss this one, it's a doozie) to question him in the first place.  Christianity's main trick btw is that when it doesn't deliver it finds a reason why that's your fault.

Do you have any links to "anti-religious fanaticism" ? I'm sorry you feel hurt by organized religion, I can't say I've ever felt oppressed by it to any significant degree.

2 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

So basically you're a heretic by your own admission.  Therefore you are not actually a Christian at all, but the devil's actual tool on Earth, and a more pure representation of Samael the Desolate One than any Satanic Death Metal band could ever be.

I never said I was a Christian, not that I'd be offended by the label.