Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lost my engagement ring last Saturday

LexiSiren

I'm at my wits end. My mother's gift to us, my engagement ring, means everything to me and I feel like such a fool for allowing it to go so missing so quick. Please, I'm very desperate, any help is appreciated. 

• Like 1

i misplace my big old ring when i take it off to wash up or do something that i dont want the ring to get messed up in or vice versa,

when it gets cold weather i have had it fall off, but its big i hear it clunk,

• Like 1

I've turned my apartment upside down for this ring, retraced steps, checked pockets, the couch, the ground below our balcony, our community washing machines, even our roommate's girlfriend's things just to check that she didnt pinch it. It hasnt shown up anywhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LexiSiren said:

I've turned my apartment upside down for this ring, retraced steps, checked pockets, the couch, the ground below our balcony, our community washing machines, even our roommate's girlfriend's things just to check that she didnt pinch it. It hasnt shown up anywhere.

Look in the freezer.  Well...have you? I didn't think so.  Although I have never found anything I ever lost in the freezer.  It's the first place I look...just to make sure.

How long did you have it before you lost it?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, LexiSiren said:

Wow, it sounds like you've really uprooted everything to find it.  I feel so awful for you. :(  I see you checked your roommates gf's things too, to make sure she didn't pinch it.....good thinking!  I know it sounds awful and it was probably hard to do, but at least you've left no stone unturned by checking.  I hope someone didn't take it and sell it.  I've heard of ppl doing that, not the nicest of people obviously.  I just thought of a weird place, how about under the fridge?  Do you have appliances that are in your room/area where it couldn't rolled under perhaps?  I realise I'm probably grasping at straws, but I know what it's like to lose something valuable and be frantic trying to find it.  I will cross my fingers for you :)  

ps. Also, where were you when you took it off?  Why did you take it off?  Sorry, I know I'm surmising you were wearing it but you might not have been?

Edited by pixiii

Check the bottom of your purse?

Check the p traps under the sinks?

i assume you came hoping a phychic would tell you just where it is, sorry, if one did it would be a lucky guess.

i knew a girl once went to wash her hands in steak and shake, took off ring left it on sink, she didnt realize it until too late, and yeah, waitress recalls the girl who found it and kept it.

edit, adding: you say Saturday, did you go out clubbing, dinner movies etc?

4 hours ago, LexiSiren said:

even our roommate's girlfriend's things just to check that she didnt pinch it

^^^ this sucks out loud, so should i assume if the gf cant be trusted can the roommate?

i had a close friend of 30 plus years, he was a bit slow i helped him countless ways, gave him a job at my club, money, you name it, i get in his car one day and glued to his dash was an old biker jacket pin, no real value except to me, he got that scum bag smirk, i popped it off his dash with a knife, i told him you xxxxx me again and you no longer exist to me.

i am not a trusting person, been taken too many times, while you very well might have lost it im not over suspensions of the roommate or his gf, even if they didnt set out to jack it they see it and there was the opportunity,

things i have lost have turned up in bed, the trash, the shower caddy, car ash tray, pants pocket, in the ice at the club, my friends bash board, little boxes i didnt recall placing item in.

what helps me sometimes, when you are tired and lay down to sleep get comfy and start to let yourself drift off think lightly not grinding when you ladt had your ring and where you might have placed or lost it, i found a silver bracelet i lost doing this.

luck be with you.

Edited by the13bats
added
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, joc said:

Look in the freezer.  Well...have you? I didn't think so.  Although I have never found anything I ever lost in the freezer.  It's the first place I look...just to make sure.

How long did you have it before you lost it?

I found my lost car keys in the freezer once, so it might be a place to check.

• Thanks 1

I would go over all the places you have already checked a second time.  I lost a small item once that was important to me and found it in the first place I looked at the THIRD time of checking.  Sometimes you don’t see the wood for the trees.  Good luck.

On 7/17/2019 at 10:44 AM, Desertrat56 said:

I found my lost car keys in the freezer once, so it might be a place to check.

I found my keys in a flower pot once...just by accident.  I lose my keys frequently.  But once I just got so frustrated I said, The only place I haven't checked 5 times is the freezer...so I did.  What a hoot that yours were actually found in the freezer.  But hey, you know, you bring in the groceries open the freezer and wallah. 

Also...back to the ring...I lost a wedding ring once...in the mud...I actually lost it when I was wiping mud off my hands....<_<

13 hours ago, joc said:

I found my keys in a flower pot once...just by accident.  I lose my keys frequently.  But once I just got so frustrated I said, The only place I haven't checked 5 times is the freezer...so I did.  What a hoot that yours were actually found in the freezer.  But hey, you know, you bring in the groceries open the freezer and wallah. 

Also...back to the ring...I lost a wedding ring once...in the mud...I actually lost it when I was wiping mud off my hands....<_<

Yeah.  I never lost a wedding ring, I just took it off and walked away.  As for finding my keys in the freezer, I had not been to the grocery store yet.  I was looking for them so I could go to the grocery store.  The only reason I found them in the freezer is because I gave up and decided to make myself some ice tea.  :lol:  I did loose another set a few years ago that I never found.  I was able to replace all but one key on that ring and now I keep all the keys on separate rings so that if I loose one ring I still have the other keys. 

• Like 1