Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cyperpunk 2077

Gwynbleidd

I'm rather excited about this game release next year.  Not quite as excited as some I will admit, but the hype surrounding this game seems pretty up there. 

For those of you who haven't heard of this game I'll quickly explain how I came to find out about it......I'm an avid fan of the Witcher Series (Witcher 1/2/3 inc all expansions) which I only discovered in October 2017 when I happened to see it for sale on Steam and thought I'd give it a whirl.  It was only after putting in almost 3k hours (Yes, I will admit I was a no-lifer :P ) on Witcher 3 that I saw CD Projekt Red or CDPR (the developers) had been working on a new game called Cyberpunk 2077 for a REALLY long time now. 

When I first saw the trailer of the gameplay I thought NO, it's in first person view (fpv) much like your first person shooter (fps) games which make me feel nauseated from the movement on screen.  I was happy to find out many others get motion sickness from fps/fpv games too so I didn't feel alone.  CDPR will not change the player's view however will do everything they can to help us out.  If CDPR allow people to mod Cyberpunk 2077 anywhere near as much as they did/do for the Witcher series, then there will be no shortage of changes that could be made to suit individual playstyles and preferences etc for Cyberpunk.  I'm just going to push myself through it all in the beginning as it's an Open World Action Adventure story, very similar to the Witcher 3 Wild Hunt - with very similar questline design and behaviour - ie. be wary of your choices as they can affect your character's story further into the game. 

Here is the cinematic trailer CDPR did for the Official E3 2019 ....... WARNING: It is R rated, therefore please be mindful before you click.

Spoiler

If you haven't already seen the gameplay for Cyberpunk 2077 you can check it out here.  Again, please be mindful of the Adult Rating before viewing (48mins)

Spoiler

Official Release Date:  Cyberpunk 2077, the open-world, action-adventure story from CD PROJEKT RED, is coming to Xbox One, PS4 and PC April 16th, 2020.

The only concern I have with the sheer amount of hype over this game is, will it actually live up to it when it's released?  I hope I'm not disappointed. :)   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I'm seriously looking forward to this game. It's going to be my first buy on release or pre-order in years, unless The Last of Us 2 comes out first. Either way, I'm expecting big things from Cyberpunk. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I'm seriously looking forward to this game. It's going to be my first buy on release or pre-order in years, unless The Last of Us 2 comes out first. Either way, I'm expecting big things from Cyberpunk. 

I know right?!  After my Husband was reading through Reddit he saw Cyberpunk was released for pre-purchase and I'm pretty sure my heart skipped a few beats as I literally went sprinting into my Office to jump onto my computer to pre-purchase it on Steam.  Now I look at my Steam account, see it listed and just have to wait patiently :lol:  And like I said, I'm not one of those people who appear to be in super hype mode for this game either. 

Oh @ExpandMyMind I think you might be in luck with The Last of Us 2, I believe it's planned for release in Feb 2020, so at least you'll be able to play it before Cyberpunk! :D 

2gx8r5.jpg

• Like 1

This game looks like it could be worth the money. I might give it a chance although Keanu makes me feel uneasy. I'm afraid it's just a ploy to push a very flawed game.

• Thanks 1

I am also looking forwards to this title's release.  I will hang fire on buying it until I have read a few reviews tho, as I am discinclined to just outright trust the Video Game industry these days.  On the other hand CD Projekt Red's last title Witcher 3 was a total classic and a work of art on many levels, and if that is any indication of quality there is a good chance that Cyberpunk 2077 will be amazing too.  As to Keanu, the man is a legend, and while Johnny Mnemonic was a bit of a crock, it is amusing that he is involved.

• Thanks 1

On 7/18/2019 at 10:12 PM, Robotic Jew said:

This game looks like it could be worth the money. I might give it a chance although Keanu makes me feel uneasy. I'm afraid it's just a ploy to push a very flawed game.

I worry about the hype surrounding it.  I feel like if they keep hyping it up so much, when we finally get to play it, we'll be disappointed.   So I've found myself tending to avoid reading every single article on it out there.  I've prepurchased it and I'll just wait it out now till next April.  Then I'll play it and think :w00t::w00t::w00t: 

I was kinda surprised they got Keanu actually.  I wasn't expecting that at all.  :o 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

I am also looking forwards to this title's release.  I will hang fire on buying it until I have read a few reviews tho, as I am discinclined to just outright trust the Video Game industry these days.  On the other hand CD Projekt Red's last title Witcher 3 was a total classic and a work of art on many levels, and if that is any indication of quality there is a good chance that Cyberpunk 2077 will be amazing too.  As to Keanu, the man is a legend, and while Johnny Mnemonic was a bit of a crock, it is amusing that he is involved.

Yes, I totally agree.  CDPR did an amazing job on the Witcher series, all of them really.  Even though Cyberpunk 2077 isn't the kind of genre (futuristic?) I really like to play, I'm trusting them purely because of their reputation from the Witcher games.  They've got a lot riding on it so I hope it works out well for them.  :D 

• Like 1

On 7/20/2019 at 8:47 AM, pixiii said:

I worry about the hype surrounding it.  I feel like if they keep hyping it up so much, when we finally get to play it, we'll be disappointed.   So I've found myself tending to avoid reading every single article on it out there.  I've prepurchased it and I'll just wait it out now till next April.  Then I'll play it and think :w00t::w00t::w00t: 

I was kinda surprised they got Keanu actually.  I wasn't expecting that at all.  :o 

I'm honestly not worried. It's been in development for aaages, they've said it will take 200 hours to completely finish, it looks gorgeous and will look even better in 4k HDR on my Pro, and with their previous record of excellent main quests and pretty much no RPG filler side quests (and also that they know the latter was one of the most praised parts of The Witcher), I'm letting the hype train loose.

• Like 2

I'm in the process of saving up to build a new system so I can play this game in all its glory.

I can't wait.

• Like 1

https://www.gamesradar.com/au/cyberpunk-2077-nanowire/

Cyberpunk 2077 nanowire lets you hack enemies to bits *and* hack into their brains

"It's a cyberware called the nanowires, and they're basically a set of strings, almost like a garrote, that is attached to your arms," senior level designer Miles Tost explains in the video. "You pull them out and connect them, and that way you can stealthily kill people. But you can also hack them from a distance, unlocking the ability to quick-hack enemies and upload some powerful malware in them and make them shoot themselves, and all that kind of cybernetic divinity and godhood that you want to have your hacking character do.

"The other cool thing is they're not just for hacking, you can also use them to slice people into tiny bite-sized pieces, because, again, they're really sharp little metal strings and also powerful weapons, so they really come in handy for what you would call combat netrunning."

I wasn't taking any notice at all in the beginning when I first saw this game last year, because originally I thought they were cyborgs or robots (sorry, I do not know the difference!) and all of a sudden I realised that the characters in 2077 have taken body modification to the next level......nanowires to hack people's brains and slice people up!  Wow, no boring tatts and piercings for these characters. :lol:  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pixiii said:

https://www.gamesradar.com/au/cyberpunk-2077-nanowire/

I wasn't taking any notice at all in the beginning when I first saw this game last year, because originally I thought they were cyborgs or robots (sorry, I do not know the difference!) and all of a sudden I realised that the characters in 2077 have taken body modification to the next level......nanowires to hack people's brains and slice people up!  Wow, no boring tatts and piercings for these characters. :lol:  

You should check out Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. It has a similar concept to Cyberpunk and is a really good game. I keep meaning to replay it.

• Thanks 1

Cant wait.. Ended the Wild Hunt some time ago, and as RDR2 was a good stand in for some time.. the PS4 has been piling up dust the last couple of months.

Oh btw, last time I checked a cyborg is a human / android mix, where a robot doesnt have any 'human parts'. :D

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

You should check out Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. It has a similar concept to Cyberpunk and is a really good game. I keep meaning to replay it.

Liked that one as well, although it doesnt even come close to the high standard set by the Witcher. What I did especially like about it is the realistic scenario it paints in regards to augmentations and the divide between the haves and havenots.. Ive written some essays on AI and transhumanism, this game has some interesting parallels to some of those (inception / break away of a new [heavily augmented] subspecies).

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Phaeton80 said:

Cant wait.. Ended the Wild Hunt some time ago, and as RDR2 was a good stand in for some time.. the PS4 has been piling up dust the last couple of months.

Oh btw, last time I checked a cyborg is a human / android mix, where a robot doesnt have any 'human parts'. :D

Oh how I wish could play RDR2.  As soon as I saw that advertised I was like, I must have it....then found out I couldn't play it due to it not being available on pc.  I was dying laughing at that clip when he was dragging that old woman about the place and threw her to the gators.  I'm truly a nice person. I just had my evil streak come out when I watched that clip!  But seriously, I feel the same about God of War too.  Sadly it's not available on pc either.  Unfortunately, I'm strictly a pc-gamer not a console-gamer.  I just have to live with it.  *sighs* :( 

Wow, thanks for the education on cyborg/robots! :D  Cyberpunk will be the first game I've played that's in the futuristic genre.  I'm just a wee bit excited! :clap: 

28 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

You know what...I've heard of this game and I think I've got it on my Steam acc.  I'll have to check to see as I need something to get me through till next April when Cyberpunk comes out, thankyou!!! :D   

It's very hard after putting so many hours into Witcher 3 especially as that game ruined other games for me.  I felt like it was a constant comparison afterwards and nothing seemed to live up to the Witcher.  I know some people absolutely hate it, but I just loved-every-single-thing-about-it.  I know one thing for sure, I knew I'd spent way too much time playing the game when I began dropping pronouns when I spoke (or typed).....but was happy to see I wasn't alone when I found something on reddit! :lol: 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, pixiii said:

Oh how I wish could play RDR2.  As soon as I saw that advertised I was like, I must have it....then found out I couldn't play it due to it not being available on pc.  I was dying laughing at that clip when he was dragging that old woman about the place and threw her to the gators.  I'm truly a nice person. I just had my evil streak come out when I watched that clip!  But seriously, I feel the same about God of War too.  Sadly it's not available on pc either.  Unfortunately, I'm strictly a pc-gamer not a console-gamer.  I just have to live with it.  *sighs* :( 

Wow, thanks for the education on cyborg/robots! :D  Cyberpunk will be the first game I've played that's in the futuristic genre.  I'm just a wee bit excited! :clap: 

You know what...I've heard of this game and I think I've got it on my Steam acc.  I'll have to check to see as I need something to get me through till next April when Cyberpunk comes out, thankyou!!! :D   

It's very hard after putting so many hours into Witcher 3 especially as that game ruined other games for me.  I felt like it was a constant comparison afterwards and nothing seemed to live up to the Witcher.  I know some people absolutely hate it, but I just loved-every-single-thing-about-it.  I know one thing for sure, I knew I'd spent way too much time playing the game when I began dropping pronouns when I spoke (or typed).....but was happy to see I wasn't alone when I found something on reddit! :lol: 

Oh RDR2 is an absolute blast, level of immersion Ive never seen before.. Only GTA5 comes close (not surprisingly, given same software developer). I just got bummed out because Arthur (main protagonist) died, developed a close relationship with the dude.. especially after contracting tuberculosis (he goes on a redemption mission after that, hes kind of a douchebag before that). :D

I bought the PS4 just for this game, just like I bought the PS3 just to play GTA5 (ive literally not played any other game on that console). I normally play my games on the PC, but for some games I think the consoles have a better interface.. (ie. dualshock), plus I get to play on a 55' screen. Why dont you get your hands on a second hand PS4 though? 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Phaeton80 said:

Why dont you get your hands on a second hand PS4 though? 

Ooh I wouldn't mind doing that actually.  Actually we've got the nintendo and xbox consoles (latest ones too) but we only have the PS3.  Might have to buy one as I'd really love to play those 2 particular games and it would certainly take me through until Cyberpunk 2077 .... hopefully :lol: 

I will definitely check into it, thanks so much! :D 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, pixiii said:

Ooh I wouldn't mind doing that actually.  Actually we've got the nintendo and xbox consoles (latest ones too) but we only have the PS3.  Might have to buy one as I'd really love to play those 2 particular games and it would certainly take me through until Cyberpunk 2077 .... hopefully :lol: 

Ive been pondering to get the nintendo switch as well, how often do you use it compared to your other 'weapons of choice' (PS3 / PC)? Should I buy one you think?

I personally think the games are too childish, I played the new Zelda on an emulator on the PC, didnt really get into it.. It would bring back some good memories though.. seems nothing beats nintendo for good old fashioned fun (Mario joints, Mario kart, Zelda.. but it more or less stops there I think).

Edited by Phaeton80
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Phaeton80 said:

Ive been pondering to get the nintendo switch as well, how often do you use it compared to your other 'weapons of choice' (PS3 / PC)? Should I buy one you think?

I personally think the games are too childish, I played the new Zelda on an emulator on the PC, didnt really get into it.. It would bring back some good memories though.. seems nothing beats nintendo for good old fashioned fun (Mario joints, Mario kart, Zelda.. but it more or less stops there I think).

Well, I'm strictly a pc-gamer but it's my 9 year old who plays on the Nintendo Switch but yeah, he's into childish games, so not my cup of tea I'm afraid.  The other one is the XBox which I bought Witcher 3 Wild Hunt for, but after playing it on pc, I couldn't enjoy playing it with the controller.  I was far too conditioned to using the keyboard by then! :lol:  So my 12 year old plays Forza Horizon on that one and car racing games aren't my cup of tea either.  But I'd still consider a PS4 simply for RDR2 and God of War to play, because after spending thousands on that stupid mmorpg Guild Wars 2 which I played for years, purchasing a PS4 and two games is a much better investment than buying gems to spend at the gemstore on GW2 where you have nothing to show for it except "Look at my pretty outfits!".  Ugh!!  Live and learn I guess, just took me a while longer to learn in my case :lol: 

In a nutshell, I wouldn't buy a Switch for myself, especially if you can play through an emulator on the pc.  You'd save your money then, ready to buy cyberpunk! :D 

Edited by pixiii
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, pixiii said:

This generation of the PS4 has been astounding for their exclusive games. Horizon, God of War, Spiderman, The Last of Us Remastered, the Uncharted games, Bloodstone, Infamous - all of them are top, top games.

I've had Xboxes and Nintendos before but after this generation PlayStation has won me over for life.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

This generation of the PS4 has been astounding for their exclusive games. Horizon, God of War, Spiderman, The Last of Us Remastered, the Uncharted games, Bloodstone, Infamous - all of them are top, top games.

I've had Xboxes and Nintendos before but after this generation PlayStation has won me over for life.

Oh gosh, yep.  The two of you have twisted my arm.  Ok, I'm gonna have to check on it now and see what deals they've got around the place here.  

I will let you know how I go :lol: :D 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Those dev's can't disappoint i just hope that my GPU won't disappoint me when time for Cyberpunk comes :D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've just got some pics to share from the PAX Gaming Convention today downstairs queue 45 minutes prior for CDPR's Cyberpunk 1 hour long live gameplay - this pic taken from upstairs queue to get into Melbourne's Convention Centre's Theatre section for this:

att_157085025095193.jpg.4845b55dc07a44757dabf8d79589800e.jpg 

If you're a gamer, especially in Oz or NZ, you'll know what PAX is, but if not, it's the main Australian/New Zealand gaming convention held annually.  We go each year because all of us in our family are gamers.

Edited by Gwynbleidd
  • Like 1

This one is taken 45 minutes later, finally got into the theatre section in the upstairs queue, to wait to see the Live Gameplay in action.  Note the balloons on the ceiling were fun! :P :w00t:att_1570852219051149.jpg.91c87df9e8142e16bf21613e7ea35cf2.jpg

• Like 1

att_1570862047507139.jpg.264790d2d092f6ea6d48dcec64397027.jpgatt_1570862045280187.jpg.829ee445a4cfd4636c57ba3fcd7b1808.jpgatt_1570834030686176.thumb.jpg.b4f945b886bb71817bc4922fe9f185b8.jpg

This pic here is of my 12 year old getting his pic taken with some ppl from CDPR - he was ever so excited and no, he's not getting the game. But he bought himself a CDPR Cyberpunk t-shirt, CDPR Cyberpunk lanyard, all the merch here...wow! :o 

You know how it goes at these conventions....then go buy some more junk, eat and queue up all over again. LOL 

Edited by Gwynbleidd
  • Like 2