Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghosts Arc'ing

Mswanson502

Ok, I live in a haunted house, first of all. It's not a question at this point. Something that freaked me out happened last night, and I'm not scared of ghosts. I was laying in bed, around 4 am. All of a sudden, I hear a pop. Then, right in front of my face I see what I can only describe as an electrical arc light up, in a T shape. It made an arcing sound right after the pop. This happened in mid air, not near anything electric. The closest electric thinh was at least 8 ft away since this happened in the air and away from the walls. When it happened, my nose and one ear started bleeding a little. 

Has anyone ever heard of ghosts being able to do this? I'm at a complete loss as to what else could cause it to happen in mid air, around nothing. 

Welcome to UM Mswanson502 :st

First off, before trying to ID whatever it was.. if you had an electrical discharge happen close enough to cause a nose and ear bleed- please, please get to a doctor to have yourself physically checked out. Most people don't just get nose-bleeds, and for sure it's uncommon to get ear bleeding. If you are already prone to nose and ear bleeding- still get into the doctor to get checked out and be sure to tell them about this incident that seems to have caused it.

What it was? I don't know. Sounds like an arc flash or maybe a bit of ball lightning coming through your bedroom window. Or perhaps a visual symptom that goes with the ear and nose bleeding.

• Like 5

Blood coming out your ear means go to the doctor first, ponder about causes later. 

Regardless, it sounds like some kind of ball lightning or a static discharge to me. Rare, but not paranormal. And yes, get the wiring checked. Your head may have been the ground for a faulty wiring discharge. That's not something you want to wait around on getting checked.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, Mswanson502 said:

Ok, I live in a haunted house, first of all. It's not a question at this point. Something that freaked me out happened last night, and I'm not scared of ghosts. I was laying in bed, around 4 am. All of a sudden, I hear a pop. Then, right in front of my face I see what I can only describe as an electrical arc light up, in a T shape. It made an arcing sound right after the pop. This happened in mid air, not near anything electric. The closest electric thinh was at least 8 ft away since this happened in the air and away from the walls. When it happened, my nose and one ear started bleeding a little. 

Has anyone ever heard of ghosts being able to do this? I'm at a complete loss as to what else could cause it to happen in mid air, around nothing. 

I don't think that was a ghost.  If your ear and nose started bleeding it was probably some actual electrical event.

You need to have your wiring checked.  Remember wiring is in the ceilings for the lights.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mswanson502 said:

I've seen something similar on two occasions. In each case it was in the shape of a human figure and they only lasted a few seconds. When I saw these it was in the middle of the day and there was no electric power points or appliances in the vicinity or any electrical storm.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

I like how people would sooner tell their story about spirits/ghosts/demons than go to a doctor.

I actually went to the doctor and posted it from the waiting room. Good job assuming though and feeling the need to be condescending to someone new. Thanks. 

I'm still waiting for the actual doctor. All the PA said is that it busted an eardrum. I never get nosebleeds, but i do frequently get busted eardrums. 

I'll read about the other stuff everyone said. I've never heard of any of that. Thanks so much! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mswanson502 said:

I actually went to the doctor and posted it from the waiting room. Good job assuming though and feeling the need to be condescending to someone new. Thanks.

... but decided not to include any of that info in the OP, and then blame others for pointing out the obvious?

Me, I would have posted *after* the diagnosis...

sigh....

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thread cleaned, Please remember to treat all members with respect Old and New

• Like 4

I used to live in a place many years ago where a similar thing used to happen, quite randomly too I might add.  I'd be laying in bed trying to go to sleep at night when all of a sudden, a really loud noise like a bang would happen and as I'd open my eyes, I'd see the last bit of a flash of bright light.  Sometimes, it would occur in quick succession, one after the other.  It wouldn't happen anywhere else in the house, only in the bedroom.  It would also happen whether it had been raining or even if it was dry.  It could've been happening during the daytime for all I knew, but I was at work and out during the days on weekends.  So that might've been why I'd only noticed it happening at nights.    

It ended up being water getting in through the roof somehow, down through a skylight into the bedroom area where the moisture had affected the wiring.  The wiring in turn kept shorting out causing the loud bangs and bright flashes.  In hindsight, I'm kinda lucky I didn't come home to the place burnt down when I think back.

Would your house be aged and need the wiring checked, both in the walls and also in the roof or ceiling?  It'd be worth it to make sure not only you're safe but the house and your belongings too. :)