Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Message in a bottle washes up 50 years later

Still Waters

A South Australian man is trying to find the British author of a message in a bottle he found off the SA coast, 50 years after it was dropped into the ocean.

Paul Elliot and his son Jyah told ABC radio they found the bottle on the Eyre Peninsula’s west coast recently while fishing.

Elliot said he was looking for the author, Paul Gilmore, who described himself in the note as a 13-year-old English boy travelling on a ship along the southern Australian coast from Fremantle to Melbourne.

The note is handwritten on paper with Sitmar Line’s company name at the top and is dated 17 November 1969.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/jul/17/search-for-british-author-of-50-year-old-message-in-a-bottle-washed-up-in-australia

• Like 3

I hope he finds him.  That would be cool.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

I hope he finds him.  That would be cool.

Absolutely!  They've got a bit of info there too, to help out.  

I guess there's always hope :) 

chunosuke-matsuyama-a-japanese-seaman-sent-a-message-in-a-26116096.png

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Still Waters said:

A South Australian man is trying to find the British author of a message in a bottle he found off the SA coast, 50 years after it was dropped into the ocean.

Paul Elliot and his son Jyah told ABC radio they found the bottle on the Eyre Peninsula’s west coast recently while fishing.

Elliot said he was looking for the author, Paul Gilmore, who described himself in the note as a 13-year-old English boy travelling on a ship along the southern Australian coast from Fremantle to Melbourne.

The note is handwritten on paper with Sitmar Line’s company name at the top and is dated 17 November 1969.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/jul/17/search-for-british-author-of-50-year-old-message-in-a-bottle-washed-up-in-australia

The Guardian have changed the text in the link I posted. It's now been updated to say Paul Gilmore has been found.

The British author of a message in a bottle that recently washed up on the South Australian coast after more than half a century has been found – and he is currently out to sea, his sister says.

• Like 3