Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New details of Elon Musk's Neuralink revealed

UM-Bot

I respect Elon Musk.. He's about helping the environment. Wants to get rid of fossil fuels. Only problem I believe with this type of technology is the power the AI machines may have over us in the near future. If they out smart us & begin to control us. Defitinley a Terminator scenario but I'm very interested in this technology. I'm sure eventually there will be a chip implanted in the brain that makes everyone smarter & able to communicate with anyone. Interesting but scary. Eventually our deepest thoughts & secrets will be available to the public even scarier will be if the brain is "hacked"

21 minutes ago, AllPossible said:

I respect Elon Musk.. He's about helping the environment. Wants to get rid of fossil fuels. Only problem I believe with this type of technology is the power the AI machines may have over us in the near future. If they out smart us & begin to control us. Defitinley a Terminator scenario but I'm very interested in this technology. I'm sure eventually there will be a chip implanted in the brain that makes everyone smarter & able to communicate with anyone. Interesting but scary. Eventually our deepest thoughts & secrets will be available to the public even scarier will be if the brain is "hacked"

Thought crime?  Anyone doubt it?

It's Musk, so I'll believe it when rich people can buy it. Like his electric cars. Of all the 'promises' Musk has made over the years about advanced tech he has a hand in, only the Tesla is a real product you can get right now. His rockets are doing OK, I hear, too...But obviously they're not for people but rather for government space programs and huge corporations.

Edited by Seti42

Oh something else now is it. That seems to be the trouble with him, he can never concentrate on one thing at a time. 

1 hour ago, AllPossible said:

I respect Elon Musk.. He's about helping the environment. Wants to get rid of fossil fuels. Only problem I believe with this type of technology is the power the AI machines may have over us in the near future. If they out smart us & begin to control us. Defitinley a Terminator scenario

So you believe machines can become sentient?

but I'm very interested in this technology. I'm sure eventually there will be a chip implanted in the brain that makes everyone smarter & able to communicate with anyone. Interesting but scary. Eventually our deepest thoughts & secrets will be available to the public even scarier will be if the brain is "hacked"

Hacking a brain is not science fiction. It's being done with misinformation, religion and superstition every day, and has been for millennia.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AllPossible said:

I respect Elon Musk.. He's about helping the environment. Wants to get rid of fossil fuels. On

I think he has a definite touch of the messianic complex. he's one of those people who wants to reconstruct society to fit in with his visions, and everyone must be forced to fit in whether they want to or not. These people are, at the very least, monstrously egotistic. 

2 hours ago, UM-Bot said:

The firm aims to make it possible for humans to interact with machines through a brain-computer interface.

dococ.jpg

Coming soon to a future near you.

Who will come back from the future to save us?

1 hour ago, A rather obscure Bassoon said:

Who will come back from the future to save us?

To save us from ourselves?
Look for the man with the sign saying "Idiot" on his back.

I like that it can be used for medical conditions. I don't like the use of it as a way of enhancing our capabilities/interfacing with networks/electronics, at least not unless people who do it, do it voluntarily. I don't want a future where governments and companies force their citizens and employees to inject needles/probes into their brains to interface with electronics.

• Like 1

Big old can o' worms, to be sure. Having known quadriplegics and people with muscle degenerative conditions I am excited about the possibility of improving their quality of life through communication and even robotic assistance, but we're humans and we turn everything over to the dark side eventually. If there's any way this tech can be exploited to further enslave humans to the corporate machine, it will happen.

• 1 year later...
On 7/18/2019 at 3:05 AM, fred_mc said:

I like that it can be used for medical conditions. I don't like the use of it as a way of enhancing our capabilities/interfacing with networks/electronics, at least not unless people who do it, do it voluntarily. I don't want a future where governments and companies force their citizens and employees to inject needles/probes into their brains to interface with electronics.

WIth our current policies regarding privacy and human rights, as soon as this tech becomes mainstream on a country wide scale, not just rich people, and it can connect to the iternet it will need to be regulated by the governnment. If not regulated they will still monitor the hell out of it.They may even elect to use is for identification, or other public servieces. I will be REALLY glad if i'm wrong. People throughout the world are already using forms of mind comtrol but they call i social education, treatment, therapy, etc etc. Since I can'tchange it I might as well not worry about it too much.  Here we go everyone! the future is arriving soon.

Edited by kidagakash
broken sentence